Mr Nick09
FalcaoPunch
The Madrid One
EarlyPrototype
Le Samourai
65 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

"Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema - Page 14 Empty Re: "Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema

Post by adnyana179 Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:46 pm

AS are actually quoting goal.com in suggesting that meetings with Arsenal have taken place concerning a Benzema sale.

adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

"Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema - Page 14 Empty Re: "Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:03 pm

im looking for the trail in the english press, chekcing the french press as well
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:07 pm

I can not find anything on goal.com saying that.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:09 pm

Very much a news from goal.com alone it seems

http://www.goal.com/es/news/21/fichajes/2011/07/01/2555330/mercado-el-arsenal-viene-a-por-karim-benzema
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:17 pm

Ah it was on the Spanish section.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:24 pm

Regardless of whether it's true or not, I just found it ironic to see AS refer to goal when it's usually the reverse.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:43 pm

Forget the transfer fee... how is arsenal going to afford the wages of Benzema? Benzema is a much better player than Nasri frankly and i would understand spending on him rather than the Samir.

Having signed Gervinho (basically according to l'equipe), Arsenal does not really need Nasri at all. They also have Walcott and Van Persie.

Nasri would become very expendable if all this goes down UNLESS they want to move him to AM. But he may have burned his bridges with Wenger.

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:43 pm

Goal.com editors must be cracking boners over this.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:44 pm

goal.com usually takes their stories from other newspapers. When they truly quote their own sources, they have been reliable from my experience.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:06 pm

would arsenal go back to a 442?
------------defense------------
walcott-wilsh-song-gervinho
---------rvp-benzema
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:07 pm

------------------Benz----------------

RVP--------Gervinho-------Walcott

------Willy----------Song-------------

Can Gervinho play there?
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:08 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:------------------Benz----------------

RVP--------Gervinho-------Walcott

------Willy----------Song-------------

Switch RVP and Benz.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:08 pm

Gervinho is a forward/winger, not an AM
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:10 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:

Can Gervinho play there?

Well, he had 10 assists in League 1, which is amongst the best. I'm sure he can adapt. He's not the creative force of a Nasri or Fabregas though... although Nasri didn't have many assists.

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:51 am

Come on.. nasri is not THAT much worse then benzema. Have you seen some of his goals this season? Anyways he would be playing on the right since he bosses there as an inside winger/forward, and we already have di maria.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:50 am

Djaziri slightly changes his tune (Benzema's agent). Whereas before he was adamant that neither Madrid nor Benzema want to make a move, now he says the following:

"Son idée est de rester au Real Madrid pour se battre, de progresser, et de retrouver son niveau de l'année dernière. Après, je ne sais pas si le Real a l'intention de le vendre, mais je n'ai rien négocié avec qui que ce soit pour l'instant"

Translation: His (Benzema's) idea is to stay at Real Madrid to compete, to progress and to continue on his form of last year. After that, i don't know if Real has the intention of selling him, but i haven't negotiated with anyone for the moment.

Door is slightly being opened imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:53 am

i honestly thing it will be a huge mistake letting him go
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:40 pm

Arsene Wenger gives up Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri. The Frenchman has no doubt that the former will leave for Barcelona sooner or later, and that the first march to Manchester to play Jan l City. In anticipation of these two outputs are produced, Wenger is pushing the Arsenal directors to seriously address the signing of Karim Benzema, and to use all resources at your fingertips.

As reported by the 'Daily Mail' Wenger is convinced that there is no affordable player whose arrival can further boost for the fans as that of France. The coach knows that the departure of arguably the two biggest stars of the team, and in turn the two players with a more promising path, would be a blow to his fans, and so go to Madrid as a punch line for re-excite .

Wenger wants the club to take the rest with Benzema, and this prompted the club to focus its efforts on the operation, which could well become the most expensive signing in the history of the Gunners, as they reach the initial offer 30 million euros, well above the 16-day paid in Arshavin.

Wenger also expects the arrival of Frenchman convince the other players that Arsenal are a club 'big', he wants to continue to aspire to win titles and that the outputs of Cesc and Nasri, if eventually occur, do not trigger an effect dominated the top names in the template.
I will be severely disappointed if benz does go to arsenal, a player like benzema doesnt deserve to be in a low class club feigning elite status... oh wait.
As reported by the 'Daily Mail' Wenger is convinced that there is no affordable player whose arrival can further boost for the fans as that of France. The coach knows that the departure of arguably the two biggest stars of the team, and in turn the two players with a more promising path, would be a blow to his fans, and so go to Madrid as a punch line for re-excite .
As reported by the 'Daily Mail'.......

Hm. nvm. Still though if he does go i wud lose all respect for him. No self respecting wc player with winning ambition wud go to arsenal. Then again with Zidane recently revealed as the new sporting director for Real Madrid I dont see him leaving now even more... Doesnt Zidane with his new position have more influence?

On a side note, lol AS reporting something from "the daily fail". wonder wth in AS approved this?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:29 pm

Interview posted today"

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/mourinho-arropa/20110719dasdasftb_5/Tes

Content is about as bland as can be. Basically, he's happy to be here, loves everyone and has no intent of leaving, even if Aguero and/or Neymar come... kumbaya all around.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:37 pm

wth is kumbaya?

anywho like either of them can bench the benz. srsly how do u people get this idea? the summer remains strong as usual.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:52 pm

ur a strong and conflicted man turok, you will always have to fight for benz in these forums Very Happy
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:43 am

The Madrid One wrote:ur a strong and conflicted man turok, you will always have to fight for benz in these forums Very Happy

Dunno about conflicted but some people simply dont recognise how great benzema really is.
some folks think Torres > benz, smh. very few can match the benz and even fewer greater than him (messi who is too short, cr7... for now)

how many strikers u know that can boast being able to score and perform well above expectation despite supposingly dont fit with the team's system/tactics? none to my knowledge. Benzema is forcing his inclusion to work each time he plays.

Not many wc strikers currently has done the perfect hattrick in a single game. perfect hattrick: Score with dominant foot, score with weak foot, score by header, the hattrick that rules all hattricks. Benz actually pulled this off last season when he was still recovering himself when most of yall were hating on him.

Benzema has ridiculous ball control for a striker. plus with his nearly selfless self (goddamnit mou u killed his selfless self at the end of last season!!), his touch of the ball, as well as passing ability, can also be a playmaker when needed with link up play being nearly peerless vs the rest of the squad. bangin in goals and damn great competence in creating chances, a true centre forward more than a striker (this is why he plays deep at times, he is actually playing his position vs striker).

add along his superiority in cl competition in which he literally steps his game up more than one notch and only two players in the world are better than benzema. everyone else isnt up to scratch. (godmez and eto'o worthy contenders though of being on par)

i cud go on and on but i think ye get the point now. i may not be french, but he is my favourite player.
he becomes my most hated player however, when mexico faces france nt.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:11 pm

i have saying this for some time benz should stay, he will explode this season if he gets the chance
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:44 pm

The Irony of me defending the benz is that i now understand why pipita fanboys defend their boy higuain. they got a point too... except in cl ofc.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:08 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:The Irony of me defending the benz is that i now understand why pipita fanboys defend their boy higuain. they got a point too... except in cl ofc.

Dude you're too sensitive about Benzema. honestly i don't see Higuain fanboys defend their player as much as you do. :coffee:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:10 pm

El Pipita wrote:
Turok_TTZ wrote:The Irony of me defending the benz is that i now understand why pipita fanboys defend their boy higuain. they got a point too... except in cl ofc.

Dude you're too sensitive about Benzema. honestly i don't see Higuain fanboys defend their player as much as you do. :coffee:

/NotSureIfSerious.png
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next