Khaled
The Lizard King
The Franchise
windkick
billionmillion
36 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Iniesta is as good as Zidane? - Page 4 Empty Re: Iniesta is as good as Zidane?

Post by harhar11 Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:06 pm

Off topic but I think that everyone knows that Iniesta has said that his favorite team as a kid was real madrid but I don't know if they know that Zidane's favorite team was juventus AND barca..

Zidane confess to have been a barcelona fan as a kid

the video and article is on spanish though..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by culefan Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:21 am

hello ...i am a new one here...as good as iniesta is..i dont think he is yet in zidane's class...both at their best ..i think zidane could do all iniesta does a little better..plus he has other qualities as well...but coming second to zidane is nothing to be ashamed of

culefan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:50 pm

http://naturalpolice.wordpress.com/2012/02/21/why-iniesta-is-the-greatest-attacking-midfielder-of-our-time/

Great article about Iniesta.

Why Iniesta is the Greatest Attacking Midfielder of Our Time

Guardian football writer Jacob Steinberg posed a fascinating question on Twitter yesterday: “After Zinedine Zidane, has there been a better attacking midfielder than Andres Iniesta in recent times?” An intriguing debate and one to which I’d unequivocally state that Iniesta, at 27, has already eclipsed Zidane. I’d argue that no-one, certainly no-one that I’ve ever seen, has ever been quite so comfortable on the ball or in possession of such magnificent footballing vision as the diminutive Spaniard. Equally beautiful to watch; both players shared that gloriously intangible yet blindingly obvious quality of being completely in control of a game.

There is very little to differentiate the footballing achievements of Zidane and Iniesta. Both players have won every major trophy there is to win and both have scored the winning goal in a World Cup final. Zidane’s ludicrous volley to win the Champions league final in 2002 perhaps the only significant difference; even then, Iniesta’s laser against Chelsea helped rescue Barcelona’s 2009 Champions League campaign from oblivion and could be regarded as the catalyst that heralded an era of European domination.

The debate is not one of statistics; the inherent ability to dictate the tempo of a football match an attacking midfielder’s most important characteristic in teams blessed with the offensive potency of Real Madrid and Barcelona; France and Spain. Sir Alex Ferguson once remarked that Zidane “didn’t hurt teams enough”, but the innate ability of Iniesta and Zidane to swagger through games while continuously propelling their teams forward has choked the life from countless opponents.

Iniesta controls football matches with a simple economy of effort, letting the ball work for him and always in close attendance to aid his teammates. The Barcelona number 8 is an incredible hybrid of two of his more feted club colleagues; a player who can pass the ball as well as Xavi and dribble it as well as Messi. His ability to find space is remarkable and his knowledge of what to do with the space utterly exquisite. No-one has ever been more immaculate in their timing of a final ball; Iniesta always plays the right pass at the right time. His peripheral vision is surely unparalleled in the modern game, and maybe the whole history of the game.

The prime example of Iniesta’s shimmering quality his assist for Eto’o’s opening goal in the 2009 Champions League final. As Iniesta danced forward, United’s defence appeared transfixed by his balletic dribbling; the Stadio Olimpico held captive by his grace of movement. This, and this, do Iniesta far greater justice than words ever could.

Zidane was a more imposing, powerful presence; yet similarly blessed with feet of feathers. His magisterial performance against Brazil in the 2006 World Cup a career-defining display from a player who simply played at a different speed to his opponents. Zidane’s unique ability to play as if in slow motion was never more evident than that evening in Frankfurt. His full repertoire of feints and pirouettes confused and confounded the Brazilians, while the strength of his footballing personality seized the night, and eventually the game. On extraordinary occasions like this, Zidane totally imposed the force of his will on football matches; a supernatural ability afforded to very few. The greatest individual performance I can ever remember, bar none.

Equally, Zidane proved his importance to the French team in absentia at the 2002 World Cup. France could, and probably should, have won a tournament of poor quality; yet without their stricken talisman they imploded hideously in the group stages. Zidane’s reputation grew immeasurably with each increasingly diabolical French performance.

Unfortunately, Iniesta will remain perennially underrated as long as he plays in the same team as Messi – maybe the greatest player of all time. Zidane did excel in both the Spanish and Italian leagues and while Iniesta need not prove himself any more, watching the little illusionist illuminate Serie A or the Premier League would be a delight.

The argument here may be slightly biased towards Iniesta as I’ve seen him play live four times, and on each occasion he was the outstanding performer despite sharing the stage with performers like Messi, Ronaldinho, Cristiano Ronaldo, Xavi, David Villa and Wayne Rooney. Iniesta’s thorough understanding of his role in the framework of a team, in addition to his complete appreciation and trust of those around him was always a joy to witness in the flesh. The live stadium experience, much more so than on television, showed a player in occupation of a footballing brain unlike any other.

Elegant movement and dazzlingly quick feet, allied to a wonderful contempt for misplaced passes and wasted possession, total harmony with his teammates and capable of calling truly momentous, game changing moments to order; Zidane’s possession of these staggering qualities is inarguable. Yet Iniesta has combined the best of these attributes for a prolonged period of time and surpassed the great Frenchman; performing consistently with his wonderfully angelic quality that makes him, in this humble observer’s opinion, the greatest attacking midfield player of our time.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:54 pm

harhar11 wrote:Off topic but I think that everyone knows that Iniesta has said that his favorite team as a kid was real madrid but I don't know if they know that Zidane's favorite team was juventus AND barca..

Zidane confess to have been a barcelona fan as a kid

the video and article is on spanish though..

Zidane was originally meant to join Barca but becaue Cruyff said he wasn' sure he was going to remain, he Joined Juve instead...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:24 am

If only he played for algeria Sad
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:32 am

Wonderful article. I wonder if he will ever leave the club... He's homegrown and a superstar, but not Catalan. While I don't want him to leave, I agree he could probably show just how good he is elsewhere. He'd just dominate games on his own in the EPL. Look at Silva, then consider that Iniesta is more of a playmaker and more influential.

He'd have a better assist and scoring record too in a direct team with the role of #1 crack.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:50 am

I don't care if going anywhere else makes him more "proven" or whatever

Iniesta...stay at Barcelona forever, pllelleeeeaaassseee Heart

EDIT: My 1000'th post is dedicated to this cause Very Happy
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamdyman Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:28 pm

Iniesta is as close as it gets to have a real version of Zidane like player, thing is Zidane just had more of everything, Iniesta is better at cutting in small areas and playing near the lines, else i must say Zidane, we can only grade this certainly when Iniesta retires obviously so there's alot more potential here!

but its very true and there is a point in comparing them as they really move similarly and have that same elegant style and crazy vision.

*probably the best performance of a player in a single match of modern Football ! I bid you to revisit the (not so far ago) memory lane.
Hamdyman
Hamdyman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:51 am

http://fliiby.com/file/589207/mx92x4miex.html

This is his best match ever.

Zidane is like a combo of Xavi and Iniesta, he has Xavi's passing ability, vision, leadership, ability to control the tempo, Iniesta's technical ability + strenght, aerial ability, and a very good long shot. He was also a set-piece master.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:44 pm

matpol, thanks for posting that article. It's a really interesting read.

kizz, wonderful comments from you. I would say David Silva's performance in EPL this season has already blown away all arguments about Iniesta not fitting into other teams, formations and leagues.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:53 am

after watching zidane videos people may think he is one of the best ever. but no. why no because he could not decide games by himself. one beatiful touch and pass, thats it..his role is finished in attack..next henry has to take the ball make one twos with wiltord then a final pass to trezequet. what is zidane's role in this attack? only 20%

he had no speed to continue attack by himself or participate in full attack process. he was more like a controller
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spooony Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:33 am

Zidane could knock it in in all different ways. His head, volley, dead ball even with his penis
Spooony
Spooony
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:54 pm

billionmillion wrote:after watching zidane videos people may think he is one of the best ever. but no. why no because he could not decide games by himself. one beatiful touch and pass, thats it..his role is finished in attack..next henry has to take the ball make one twos with wiltord then a final pass to trezequet. what is zidane's role in this attack? only 20%

he had no speed to continue attack by himself or participate in full attack process. he was more like a controller

He wasnt one of the best ever, but dont underrate him dude.

That exact arguement you just made could made for Iniesta.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4