milanfan7
baresi
Swanhends
37 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Abate Wants Italy Call Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Abate Wants Italy Call Up

Post by mezzogiornese Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:46 pm

I am an Inter fan and I actually really rate Abate- I think he deserves an Italy call up and he could add some pace to a kind of sluggish squad.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:49 pm

I guess you didnt see Maggio in last game?
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:52 pm

Maggio isn't the end all, be all for Italy though.

Yes he's a great wing-back, but Italy need alternative options. Cassani has had his chance as well and has done reasonably well.

Abate is possible the only other RB that hasn't been given a chance. I think that's what he's getting at.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:53 pm

CroInter wrote:I guess you didnt see Maggio in last game?

Because only one fullback is ever called up.

Apparently Italy don't need to have versatility and flexibility within the squad, we can forego a more defensive option, we're that good.

Apparently Italy don't need to think about the future.

Apparently Italy don't need to experiment and maintain a high standard of internal competition, we can rest on our laurels because we're on top of our qualification group. Just like before the World Cup in 2010.

Apparently Italy's performances against Germany and Spain are scientifically replicable results applicable to the next European Championships. Forget Xavi's absence. Forget Germany's lack of intensity in the second half.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:37 pm

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:
ynwa wrote:Right back section.

*buh dum tss*

Lo0oOO0o0oL
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:38 pm

Santon became a star over a night, he's fading over a night. Abates progress is going at the rate most defenders would like to have. He will get a call up soon enough and when he does he may lock the spot up for years to come.

P.S. Funny how no one cares Milan got no players in the national team. Use to be a sh!tstorm about Inter for the same reason.
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:51 pm

Coz now it doesn't matter, 2 years ago it was most important thing it fottball.
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:52 pm

Cassani cant cross for sh1t, and has proven that he is not better than Abate in any single way so far for the national team. If Prandelli doesnt at least put Abate on the bench as a sub for Maggio, who is indeed a great player, he is making a big mistake.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:53 pm

And Abate can cross?
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:02 pm

CroInter wrote:And Abate can cross?

Recently, he has improved from the few times I have actually seen him cross, but he seems to be very defensive minded first, and only goes forward a few times during a game. Cassani cant even get the ball over the first defender every time he crosses. I think it was the game against Ireland where he had a ton of crosses gone to sh1t. Not good enough in that aspect.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:19 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Abate gives an interview in which he shows modesty and the correct mindset to continue improving and we have a thread jumping on an incomplete article stating the bleeding obvious.

Wouldn't have expected anything else of course.

....and I wouldn't have expected it from anyone else either. Laughing

IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:00 pm

McLewis wrote:Just curious. Why did you create this thread, Sciacca?

It wouldn't be to wind up a particular set of fans, would it?

Because that would be trolling.

Well I don't see it trolling as it does not involve anything harmful. This thread is to prove a point on how he isn't NEEDED, or if he is MUST on the national team. He himself admitted and that's it. In which I clarified many times. And trust me, if this thread was actually a troll thread, it would of been locked as soon as it happened. So far, I don't see anyone arguing, which then is not a troll thread if you ask me as it has not created any conflicts. To wind up fans? Well it targets anyone who supports the national team and Milan. Everything thread has their audience, this so happens to be one that concerns these fans. If it is trolling, then by all means close it.

MikeHunt wrote:i dont understand all this abate talk. what am i missing? can you somebody please give an honestly on what's wrong with the guy.

Nothing really, we are trying to figure out why the all mighty Abate is not on the national team. But yet he's considered one of the best.

CroInter wrote:I guess you didnt see Maggio in last game?

I highly doubt it, as he had a great game, going up and down the flank. Defending and Attacking. On the right, Maggio had a great game. There were a few trademark runs, and a couple of delightful crosses which begged to be put in. Some great defensive skills when tracking back and closing the angles down. Which once again show's why Abate is not needed.

McLewis wrote:Maggio isn't the end all, be all for Italy though.

Yes he's a great wing-back, but Italy need alternative options. Cassani has had his chance as well and has done reasonably well.

Abate is possible the only other RB that hasn't been given a chance. I think that's what he's getting at.

I'll give you this, Abate does deserve a call up. However, the main reason for not being called up is that he is not needed. As you said, Maggio has done good, and Cassani has done his part. So the right back position is already set, no need for him being called up. If one of them get injured, then you can try him out, with maybe even Santon.

InterMalia wrote:P.S. Funny how no one cares Milan got no players in the national team. Use to be a sh!tstorm about Inter for the same reason.

Let's not change subject here, and we all know. We've been through this already. Brigate once had a signature about Milan made in Italy and Inter Made in China, and yet Inter has more call ups to the national team now. But anyways, back on topic.

Eivindo wrote:Cassani cant cross for sh1t, and has proven that he is not better than Abate in any single way so far for the national team. If Prandelli doesnt at least put Abate on the bench as a sub for Maggio, who is indeed a great player, he is making a big mistake.

Look, I'll go to the extent and say Abate would be a great substitute, however you are false by saying it's a bad mistake. As Cassani has already done great with Palermo this season and has done his part well done with the national team, take his performance against Estoinia for example. As for Cassani not crossing, I'd beg to differ as in fact he is good at it, and Abate is not good at doing it.

Of course he can, who knew a shot became a cross :coffee:

Eivindo wrote:

Recently, he has improved from the few times I have actually seen him cross, but he seems to be very defensive minded first, and only goes forward a few times during a game. Cassani cant even get the ball over the first defender every time he crosses. I think it was the game against Ireland where he had a ton of crosses gone to sh1t. Not good enough in that aspect.

'Recently', a key word and thank you for admitting that last season Abate wasn't able to cross. Now recently refers to pre-season in which he had one cross to Ibra in which was a goal disallowed. I never knew Prandelli would have to judge on a player lacking at a certain skill during the season and judge him on pre season, that is just odd and it does not work that way.

'He seems to be very defensive Minded'. Once again, thank you for proving my point again and that although he has speed, he is not good enough when it comes to pushing forward as he lacks with ball control, dribbling and crossing.

Now let's clarify once again, since when in Prandelli's currentl 4-3-1-2 do his fullback have to be defensive minded... Sure they have too, but they need to be able to push forward to allow his system of play to work. Criscito and Maggio were able against Spain, but for someone like Abate, there is no way he would even work out in it. Don't you think that is one of the reasons why he's not called up?

As you mention the game against Ireland, I find that an odd argument. As for one, Ireland were the better squad and we played bad, two Trap was able to close all spaces in which was hard for both fullbacks to begin with going up with the ball. As every player in the game was a flop, I wouldn't go judging Cassani like that over one bad game, in which is as well odd and in a game where each player failed to impress to begin with.

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:18 pm

I wont brand Abate as an "unneeded player" because he's a potential world class full back and defensively a rock although he needs to improve going forward in terms of his crossing so that he can add to his assists tally..

No questioning his pace..something a number of fullbacks are inferior to him in that sense..

But if Maggio shows signs of Poor Form ,I'd pick Abate to be my first choice right back..

At the moment Maggio is doing well so i'd stick with him if i were Prandelli..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:21 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:I wont brand Abate as an "unneeded player" because he's a potential world class full back and defensively a rock although he needs to improve going forward in terms of his crossing so that he can add to his assists tally..

No questioning his pace..something a number of fullbacks are inferior to him in that sense..

But if Maggio shows signs of Poor Form ,I'd pick Abate to be my first choice right back..

Why you are branding anyone is questionable. He is not needed, simple. Prandelli tried nearly every player who deserved a callup, so there is no excuse from Milan fans to say Lippi was biased and this and that.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by PinePHresh Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:34 pm

sciacca wrote:

Abate does deserve a call up

My work here is done PINEPHRESH AWAY!

Afro Afro Afro
PinePHresh
PinePHresh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:57 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:I wont brand Abate as an "unneeded player" because he's a potential world class full back and defensively a rock although he needs to improve going forward in terms of his crossing so that he can add to his assists tally..

The meaning of not needed is not because he is not good enough, but it's because we have already good enough fullbacks for it. We have fullbacks that have been doing great in a year now, so there is NO NEED for Abate. As it stands, Abate has only impressed this season, if he continues then he should be called up, if and only if one of them go on a poor form as Motta did for example in which many of us proclaimed him to be the next Zambrotta.

Potentially World Class? Well nobody can predict the future, however one good season does not correspond to that prediction. We shall see what he does this season, I'll give you this, he has potential so does Santon, in which many here still seem to forget. His terms of going forward is what I said and I agree, though when someone has potential, they shouldn't be having problems.

Maggio isn't showing poor signs, if he did, once again so be it. And since the World Cup in South Africa he hasn't. Maggio has had two great seasons with Napoli and now is doing great on the international stage. And as you said, I'd stick with him as well. I don't understand the logic in letting one player go when he's already doing great at it.

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Why you are branding anyone is questionable. He is not needed, simple. Prandelli tried nearly every player who deserved a callup, so there is no excuse from Milan fans to say Lippi was biased and this and that.

I have to agree. Once again he is not needed. Prandelli did try many players and he found Cassani and Maggio as his best solutions. I think you meant Prandelli and not Lippi, but if you did, that is correct because. Those excuses of 'Prandelli' hates Milan is false as he still calls upon Cassano and when Pirlo was in Milan.

PinePHresh wrote:
sciacca wrote:
Abate does deserve a call up

My work here is done PINEPHRESH AWAY!

Afro Afro Afro

Your work is done? You didn't do anything. I've always said in the past Abate deserved a call up, my main problem was that he was never the best in Italy and that he is not needed for the national team. That's all.

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:05 pm

Abate deserves a call up and has earned his spot over Cassani no matter what aspect you look at it. Theres not one thing cassani has over abate.

Maggio
Santon
Abate
Zambrotta
Simone Pepe
Cassani
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:08 pm

@Sciacca: I meant Lippi as well. People were saying "Oh he chose Juventus players because he is biased so he hates Milan and Inter." Apart the fact he has a handful, literally a handful, to choose between them and at that time, Thiago Motta, Ranocchia, and Pazzini were either not eligible, or not at Inter makes it laughable. Same with Cassano.

Now with Prandelli nobody can say Lippi was biased, because Prandelli has tried out everyone, even guys who nobody thought would make it like Cassani, Mauri, etc.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:12 pm

Sciacca wrote:The meaning of not needed is not because he is not good enough, but it's because we have already good enough fullbacks for it. We have fullbacks that have been doing great in a year now, so there is NO NEED for Abate.

See i rate him above Cassani and i'd have him in the squad as a 2nd choice RB but thats my opinion..Also he's young and has a bright future ahead of him..

Sciacca wrote:Potentially World Class? Well nobody can predict the future, however one good season does not correspond to that prediction. We shall see what he does this season, I'll give you this, he has potential so does Santon, in which many here still seem to forget. His terms of going forward is what I said and I agree, though when someone has potential, they shouldn't be having problems.

I am not predicting the future..Please dont misinterpret my statements..

And how can you compare him to Santon who has barely made it since that One-Match hit against Manchester United..

This guy has been consistent throughout the season ,although going forward he's been a little short but he's contributed a huge amount to milan's backline hence Milan had the best Defensive Record in the league and we should give him credit for that..

His consistent showing ,great work ethic and pace are his main traits and if he improves going forward(which i think he will) ,i think he can be termed world class..And there doesnt seem to be any sort of attitude problems with him..And he comes across as a very focused lad..

Sciacca wrote:Maggio isn't showing poor signs, if he did, once again so be it. And since the World Cup in South Africa he hasn't. Maggio has had two great seasons with Napoli and now is doing great on the international stage. And as you said, I'd stick with him as well. I don't understand the logic in letting one player go when he's already doing great at it.

And when did say Maggio is showing poor signs ?Please read my post again , i've included an 'IF'..he currently imo is Italy's best RB and ofcourse i'd stick with him..

I'd give Abate a chance IF Maggio fails to replicate the form he's shown in the past two seasons..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:17 pm

"I am not predicting the future."

"His consistent showing ,great work ethic and pace are his main traits and if he improves going forward(which i think he will) ,i think he can be termed world class.."

He is not worldclass now, so you are saying you think he can be, thus you are predicting what he will do in the future. Contradiction. :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:21 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:"I am not predicting the future."

"His consistent showing ,great work ethic and pace are his main traits and if he improves going forward(which i think he will) ,i think he can be termed world class.."

He is not worldclass now, so you are saying you think he can be, thus you are predicting what he will do in the future. Contradiction. :coffee:

The only problem with Abate is that his attacking attributes seem to be limited..Other than that he can termed World Class..

Game by Game he seems to be improving(in an attackin sense) ,and he's a mature lad now..Things are only going to get better in terms of his progress

And i wasnt even talking to you..Please dont poke your nose kid..You have a really Bad Habit of doing that..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:25 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:"I am not predicting the future."

The only problem with Abate is that his attacking attributes seem to be limited..Other than that he can termed World Class..

Game by Game he seems to be improving(in an attackin sense) ,and he's a mature lad now..Things are only going to get better in terms of his progress

And i wasnt even talking to you..Please dont poke your nose kid..You have a really Bad Habit of doing that..

He cannot be termed worldclass, not even close to it. To say he is at the level of Maicon, Sergio Ramos, Rafael, Dani Alves, and Lahm is absurd.

He is improving game by game ? He had one assist all season. Laughing

Was not speaking to me ? This is a forum. If you want privacy, speak on PM or on some sort of social medium, not in a public place where free speech is a right.

"Kid."
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:27 pm

Sadly the Sciacca and Nelcuore show has started i guess..

And i'm not talking about last season's record of his..In an attacking sense game by game he's improving this season..

This kid is seriously a joke..

"Chica depended on service while rvn and pippo didnt" Laughing Laughing Laughing

This is my last post here..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:30 pm

Whoever got owned more by Pandev doesnt get the call up. Pick your poison.

Last edited by zarola on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:31 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:Sadly the Sciacca and Nelcuore show has started i guess..

And i'm not talking about last season's record of his..In an attacking sense game by game he's improving this season..

This kid is seriously a joke..

"Chica depended on service while rvn and pippo didnt" Laughing Laughing Laughing

This is my last post here..

"Kid ?" I am a year younger than you. Rolling Eyes

So if you are not talking about last season, what, pre tell, are you judging your opinion on ?

Oh, "this season."

Wait.

The season has not started yet. Preseason you mean ? That is hardly an accurate way to judge a player.

JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:31 pm

I'm 20..3 years older than you..

Pls dont ever reply or quote my posts again..bye..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next