Why not Mario Gotze?

+4
S
BeautifulGame
pasquale22
juventus101
8 posters

Go down

Why not Mario Gotze? Empty Why not Mario Gotze?

Post by juventus101 Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:02 am

Why have we not gone after Gotze? He would be greaf for our left wing. I remember reading somewhere that he will be competing with Messi one day, and to be honest if he keeps going, at this rate I believe it. I feel like Dortmund may not want to sell him, but the same time, look how relatively easily Real took Ozil and Sahin. How hard can Gotze be to get? And hesworth it. Bid 25 mil for him and I think we could get him.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Why not Mario Gotze? Empty Re: Why not Mario Gotze?

Post by pasquale22 Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:16 am

Think he's a bit out of reach. Hel probably stay at Dortmund and leave for real or city lol
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:30 am

Sahin went to Madrid because of a stupid clause in his contract.Luckily for BVB Gotze doesnt have similar clauses.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:31 am

I think we got to be realistic here mate..

Of what i've heard from reports,we apparently have 20m to spend..

Leaving aside the budget,here are some points i would like to make about why
he wont join us or why we wont sign him..

1.He is only 19 yrs old..Just had his breakthrough season and would be leading his current team in the champions league considering the fact that dortmund have a low budget this season and they just sold their best player..

2.Unfamiliar surroundings..Considering the fact that he's only 19 and would become difficult to adapt to the italian lifestyle initially(considering he's german)..I may be wrong you know..

3.Italian football would be of a totally different entity to him when you compare it to bundesliga's style of play..This is debatable though..He could take the league by the scruff of the neck or just prove to be an expensive flop..All in all it would be gamble taken on a 19 yr old who isnt really fully established..

4.Thats too heavy a pricetag by marotta's standards Laughing ..I think he wont go less than 25m in my opinion..
And dortmund simply wont sell him..

Realistically speaking ,its highly unlikely even though its a good suggestion..

Elia or Vargas are my picks..

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by MMM Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:16 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:I think we got to be realistic here mate..

Of what i've heard from reports,we apparently have 20m to spend..

Leaving aside the budget,here are some points i would like to make about why
he wont join us or why we wont sign him..

1.He is only 19 yrs old..Just had his breakthrough season and would be leading his current team in the champions league considering the fact that dortmund have a low budget this season and they just sold their best player..

2.Unfamiliar surroundings..Considering the fact that he's only 19 and would become difficult to adapt to the italian lifestyle initially(considering he's german)..I may be wrong you know..

3.Italian football would be of a totally different entity to him when you compare it to bundesliga's style of play..This is debatable though..He could take the league by the scruff of the neck or just prove to be an expensive flop..All in all it would be gamble taken on a 19 yr old who isnt really fully established..

4.Thats too heavy a pricetag by marotta's standards Laughing ..I think he wont go less than 25m in my opinion..
And dortmund simply wont sell him..

Realistically speaking ,its highly unlikely even though its a good suggestion..

Elia or Vargas are my picks..

Exactly.Personally I'm a bit cautious about bringing Bundesliga players to SerieA cause it doesn't work most of the times.
this year we really need a player that can penetrate the opposition defense line, someone similar to Krasic.
without that we're predictable like last season and in this situation it's not wise to go for a 19 years old german winger.
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:37 pm

So Bierhoff, Brehme, Hassler, KOHLER, Voller, Matthaus and MOLLER didn't adapt? Wink

He's not really a winger, more of a playmaker although he can play on the wing. Would be a good signing if you used a trequartista but he just extended his contract last year and the whole team is pretty determined to win something this season, so I don't see him going anywhere soon.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:44 pm

Sushi Master wrote:So Bierhoff, Brehme, Hassler, KOHLER, Voller, Matthaus and MOLLER didn't adapt? Wink

He's not really a winger, more of a playmaker although he can play on the wing. Would be a good signing if you used a trequartista but he just extended his contract last year and the whole team is pretty determined to win something this season, so I don't see him going anywhere soon.

I knew i would get this sort of response..

Most of the german players you mentioned joined respective serie a clubs in their prime..

And this guy is just 19 yrs old..Coming back off his breakthrough season..Not yet that mature established player i would say..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:49 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:So Bierhoff, Brehme, Hassler, KOHLER, Voller, Matthaus and MOLLER didn't adapt? Wink

I knew i would get this sort of response..

Most of the german players you mentioned joined respective serie a clubs in their prime..

And this guy is just 19 yrs old..Coming back off his breakthrough season..Not yet that mature established player i would say..
I'd say, the younger you are, the easier it is to adapt. Who doesn't adapt with Italian chicks, anyways? Wink

Yeah, I agree. Juventus are looking for experienced players more than long term investments. But I tell you, this kid is still very, very good.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:00 pm

I'm not sure how focused or how determined he is to succeed in his career..

But since..You know ,The Italian lifestyle ,the language barrier would 'initially' make life difficult for him(Since its different from the german culture)..So much so ,there could be a possibility of him throwing tantrums and force his way out of the club since he's relatively very young..

I said this could be a 'possibility'..Also there isnt the 'history' of substantial amount of german players plying their trade in serie a when you compare them to the south american imports for instance..

But all in all ,you and i both know that its highly unlikely that this would materialize..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by MMM Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:02 pm

I don't wanna say the german players aint good or having difficulties to adopt with other leagues.what I'm trying to say is that Juventus is in a very crucial period and this season CL qualification is a must duo to financial reasons.therefor go for players with more factor of safety
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:25 pm

Gotze... A top player right now....
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:11 am

salmano9 wrote:Gotze... A top player right now....
i love your "blasts from the past" typos do you like bookmark threads or something? Laughing
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:08 am

elm_baraja_shaman wrote:
salmano9 wrote:Gotze... A top player right now....
i love your "blasts from the past" typos do you like bookmark threads or something? Laughing
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Its nice to look at stuff from the back and know how we were thinking and the development of players
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down