tahaa89
Wilson37
Onyx
122 posters

Page 34 of 36 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Go down

Spain NT discussion - Page 34 Empty Re: Spain NT discussion

Post by Arquitecto Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:22 am

Quite confident against France as I dont rate them too high, talent aside.

Pedri will be a big miss but Gavi and Busquets being in prime Barça form should allow us to control the midfield if its been done the way it was v Italia.

Definitely will make up for the Euro semi-final loss.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:13 pm

France is clearly the favorite, but that could also mean an advantage for lucho's team. It will be a game of possession vs counters i guess. Mbappe and benzema are both on fire. It would be interesting to see if lucho change his strategy to check them. it can be like another city vs psg game where individual talent may decide the game.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:05 pm

Keep forgetting GL has this separate NT section Razz Didnt watch the games only highlights, so I wanna ask those who did, was Gavi really that good? They making it sound like he dominated Verratti n Jorginho (who btw is the 3rd favourites for the Ballon D'or according to odds)? Or is it just overhype as usual? And Im have no idea on Busquets, I guess some players just turn it up when they play for NT...

Im not sure if Spain were all that since Italy were 10 men for more than half the game, n Ferran Torres scoring twice, whos another player so weird I cant make my mind up, flip flop flip flop.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:03 pm

Spain is back.  Great young players.  Very good manager.  And as I mentioned in the tournament thread, I like this variation of total football by Spain a lot better than their golden years.

The possession is with intent to attack.  They don't look for the perfect ball.  They dribble directly.  They attack zones.  It's fun to watch.  Much closer to the Dutch version I experienced as a kid.

Also, contrary to Belgium, showed a lot of class despite losing. France did the same when it lost to Switzerland. The sign of truly great teams.

I'm a fan as long as you don't play France lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:42 pm

Yeah, Enrique definitely has a Barca bias. Why on earth would he call up Eric Garcia let alone start him? Sure he is ball playing and right footed, but he is a shambolic defender.

And lets be real, it doesn't matter how good Gavi is. If he was in any other club and played only five games, he would be nowhere near the squad.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:16 am

These bias statements are ridiculous! Next you will be saying he has a bias towards Villareal. I will agree with comments about Garcia and Roberts, but that is MY bias. Not the kids, Pedri and Gavi, though. They both played extremely well and the maturity they have shown was outstanding.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:52 am

Gavi's something special. I am convinced now. Pedri... i have to see him more.

Spain's only issue is goalscoring frankly. They lack that extra quality there. Everything else is great.

Why the lack of goalscoring? I think the way NT teams and club teams play... goals are more a collective effort as opposed to someone being "the man". As a result, you're not developing that killer goalscoring mentality in young players. After Villa and Torres, it's been a chasm.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:12 pm

Sports did you not see enough of Pedri in the Euros? He excelled in all games and then again in the Olympics. That’s about 10 or so games! Gavi meanwhile has played TWO. You by the way took him for Pedri in one of your comments yesterday. Pedri was not on the team this time. In any event both have bright futures, shame they play their club games at Barca!

You are right about goal scorers although Feran Torres is looking promising. The other issue IMO is CBs. He chose García over Pau Torres which was a big and costly mistake (both goals). He’s on the squad for his ball handling, but he is too small for a CB and defensively weak. He is rejecting Nacho because his ball handling isn’t good enough as well Iñigo Martínez is riding the bench and IMO is much better. I am hoping Ramos gets back to playing and gets in form. We miss his heading ability (no one on team is a threat on corners) and I think he would be a welcome addition for WC.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:01 pm

where's the kid who starred and played the #10 role in the Euros with the Scandinavian/Eastern European name and look?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:07 pm

Daniel Olmo... kid's a baller, rather play him in the false 9/10 position he played at the Euros and bench the beyond average Ferran Torres. Put Oyarzabel outwide
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:56 pm

Why is Thiago not in the WC squad?
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:08 pm

Cruijf wrote:Why is Thiago not in the WC squad?
Why are Ansu, Garcia, Laporte and Gavi called up. Laughable selection!
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:21 pm

Ansu is out of form and Garcia is crap but Gavi been awesome for Spain in the games leading up to the WC so it’s not surprising he got called up

Thiago should’ve been called instead of Koke
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:37 pm

Myesyats wrote:Ansu is out of form and Garcia is crap but Gavi been awesome for Spain in the games leading up to the WC so it’s not surprising he got called up

Apart from against LaReal at the start of the season has Ansu even been good in any game this season? It makes a mockery of the selection when guys like him get called over much more established players who've been busting their asses all season and previous season to be overlooked by a guy who has no single positive quality now that he can't score anymore. Don't get me started on Ferran Torres lolz

Thiago should definitely be there over Gavi who isn't even a starter for Barca. Koke should not be there and neither should Laporte ot Alba. It's laughable thay Nacho couldn't even get into the 55 man squad and he is probably better than 98% of the denesers called up. Joke selection.

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:20 pm

It’s ok Hala. Regardless of who got selected this team isn’t going to do much! I was posting after Nations Cup how poor the Europeans are this time around. Spain despite having a somewhat impressive recent run doesn’t have any players any more that I would put as top WC class. Compare the squad list to previous teams that were successful!

My biggest issues with this list is absence of Thiago and the inclusion of Eric Garcia and Ansu! Rest of it is meh, but any replacements likely aren’t any better.

I would have liked Ramos to go (if only to shut Vibe up), but with his leadership abilities, he would conflict with team dynamics that are already well established. As to Nacho, I agree, but Enrique has said before that although he likes Nacho, he wants his CBs to be good ball handlers! But picking a shitty small defender because he can handle ball (both for NT and Barca) makes absolutely no sense to me!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:28 pm

Spain team look pretty average, but then again they did wonder in Euro. Surprised at Enrique showing the guts to go to a tournament like WC without experienced players...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:37 pm

neuro11 wrote:Spain team look pretty average, but then again they did wonder in Euro. Surprised at Enrique showing the guts to go to a tournament like WC without experienced players...

There really aren’t experienced WC players available except for Thiago!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:34 pm

Balde will replace injured Gaya

That must mean Barca is the club with most players at the WC
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:11 pm

This is hilarious rofl
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:02 pm

neuro11 wrote:Spain team look pretty average, but then again they did wonder in Euro. Surprised at Enrique showing the guts to go to a tournament like WC without experienced players...

Most teams at the tournament look pretty average. This tournament should be up for grabs for most. No excuses for any top team.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:48 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:This is hilarious rofl

You want Nachos to be called or what?

Put some respek on the Spanish Alphonso Davies

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:21 pm

Gaya is bench material at best though right? Alba gonna be the starter luckily? What ever the case, Spains also weak up front as well as in general now Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:19 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Ansu is out of form and Garcia is crap but Gavi been awesome for Spain in the games leading up to the WC so it’s not surprising he got called up

Apart from against LaReal at the start of the season has Ansu even been good in any game this season? It makes a mockery of the selection when guys like him get called over much more established players who've been busting their asses all season and previous season to be overlooked by a guy who has no single positive quality now that he can't score anymore. Don't get me started on Ferran Torres lolz

Thiago should definitely be there over Gavi who isn't even a starter for Barca. Koke should not be there and neither should Laporte ot Alba. It's laughable thay Nacho couldn't even get into the 55 man squad and he is probably better than 98% of the denesers called up. Joke selection.

:coffee:
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:45 pm

We don’t have a quality CB! No problem, we’ll create one by changing his position!

For the third time in our history, this has been done with Rodri, after past success with Puyol and Ramos!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:34 pm

And as expected Spain produces nothing. Sorry Enrique, this reality should have been realized long ago Razz Thats what happens with u start a fraud of a player dating ur daughter for the NT above any other decent attack... also Asensio as the CF is a joke... pretty sure Enrique should move on now, after all these yrs with the NT to produce this joke of a team Razz

When Alba remain ur most effective assist maker something is really wrong. Pedri I think has had a disappointing WC in particular...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:39 am

BarcaLearning wrote:And as expected Spain produces nothing. Sorry Enrique, this reality should have been realized long ago Razz Thats what happens with u start a fraud of a player dating ur daughter for the NT above any other decent attack... also Asensio as the CF is a joke... pretty sure Enrique should move on now, after all these yrs with the NT to produce this joke of a team Razz

When Alba remain ur most effective assist maker something is really wrong. Pedri I think has had a disappointing WC in particular...

Lol, Barca, you don’t know what you are talking about? You can blame Luis Enrique for taking too many kids and for not taking Ramos and Thiago, but other than that, he had no choice with his selection. Yes we would rather not have Asensio, Ferran, Olmo, Morata, Williams etc, but the fact of the matter there isn’t anyone better. It really true thru out the lineup. We simply have not produced any break out star in last 5 -10 years.

As to playing style, he did change it from tiki taca possession style to a more direct possession style. Take a look at the number of chances! It the lack of scoring forwards that is the issue and it has been that way for 10 years now.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 36 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next