pasquale22
juventus101
JuvenelCuore
juve_gigi
C.Marchisio #8
Luca
10 posters

Go down

Transfer Discussion: Central Defender Empty Transfer Discussion: Central Defender

Post by Luca Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:48 am

Juventus are also looking to add a central defender ahead of the 2011-2012 season.

Names linked include:

• Lugano
    Alex
    Rhodolfo
    Ogbonna
    Kjaer

Top player: Would have to say Lugano at this time, due to his immense performances in the Copa America.
Most realistic: Lugano, he is cheap and reliable. I believe he is the ideal pick up for this Juventus.
Most probable: Lugano, simply due to his price and desire to play in Italy.
Most favourable (your opinion): Lugano.

Your list, your opinion?

Now, there are a lot of centre backs I have not considered, you can fill in the blanks and make your own lists. Just keep them realistic to an extent.

Share your opinion
News should/can be posted here regarding Juventus' central defender transfers

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Transfer Discussion: Central Defender Empty Re: Transfer Discussion: Central Defender

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:50 am

From all this suggestions i prefer Lugano coz he is an expirienced CB and very good one and he can play 2-3 seasons for us on top level.As second choise i would say that Kjaer is my second one Very Happy He is 22 and he is promising CB
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Transfer Discussion: Central Defender Empty Re: Transfer Discussion: Central Defender

Post by Luca Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:52 am

juvefanmkd wrote:From all this suggestions i prefer Lugano coz he is an expirienced CB and very good one and he can play 2-3 seasons for us on top level.As second choise i would say that Kjaer is my second one Very Happy He is 22 and he is promising CB

I like Lugano because he is proven and he can still allow Bonucci to develop
A 22 year old like Kjaer really puts pressure on Bonucci and Sorensen in the long run.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:55 am

Luca wrote:
juvefanmkd wrote:From all this suggestions i prefer Lugano coz he is an expirienced CB and very good one and he can play 2-3 seasons for us on top level.As second choise i would say that Kjaer is my second one Very Happy He is 22 and he is promising CB

I like Lugano because he is proven and he can still allow Bonucci to develop
A 22 year old like Kjaer really puts pressure on Bonucci and Sorensen in the long run.
So clearly Lugano>Kjaer ! Very Happy
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:55 am

My pick will be Ogbonna. As I feel he has tremendous potential. He is currently linked with many clubs and it seems he might even be heading to Spain so who knows. Torino value him at 20m, though the price is unrealistic, it shows tremendous respect to such a young player. He has the right skill to do so, and add more quality to the back line.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:57 am

sciacca wrote:My pick will be Ogbonna. As I feel he has tremendous potential. He is currently linked with many clubs and it seems he might even be heading to Spain so who knows. Torino value him at 20m, though the price is unrealistic, it shows tremendous respect to such a young player. He has the right skill to do so, and add more quality to the back line.

Him moving to Spain really throws me off.
Which young quality Italian defenders leave Italy?
I hope he stays in Italy and plays.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:06 am

Luca wrote:Him moving to Spain really throws me off.
Which young quality Italian defenders leave Italy?
I hope he stays in Italy and plays.

It sure does, as he would have to play against strong oppositions, but then again it would be a great learning experience for him, a loan move would be good.

Hmm, rarely in fact, I can't recall any young Italian players who have moved outside of Italy. Balotelli comes to mind, Cigarini? As in defenders, hardly.

I hope so as well, as he can gain more knowledge within Italian football.

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:11 am

Lugano is the safe move, but I think long term we would be best off with Ogbonna. However, I think because of our budget we should just stick with Lugano, as he can provide depth and he could also start. I would prefer any extra funds be devoted to another RB and a forward.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:12 am

Angelo Ogbonna is the best choice because he is as Antonio said young, wanted, and highly rated [remember he is the only Serie B player on Gli Azzurri].

And he is Italian. Thumbs up
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:13 am

I also agree with Pino, as it is a safe move, but at the same time only short solution. But he is a great player with good experience. Not to forget he's the captain of the Uruguayan team I believe and he might even come for free which makes it even better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:23 am

I think Mustachio was saying that Ogbonna shares traits of Chiellini, he plays inside the left and is left footed.

Two left footed defenders in the middle who both play best off of the left?

I can't remember who brought it up but it was quite insightful and if true raises concerns.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:25 am

Luca wrote:I think Mustachio was saying that Ogbonna shares traits of Chiellini, he plays inside the left and is left footed.

I can't remember who brought it up but it was quite insightful and if true raises concerns.

Really? I never knew about that from Ogbonna. Thanks for sharing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:27 am

sciacca wrote:
Luca wrote:I think Mustachio was saying that Ogbonna shares traits of Chiellini, he plays inside the left and is left footed.

Really? I never knew about that from Ogbonna. Thanks for sharing.

Wasn't my information but someone posted it if I recall correctly anyways.
If true it changes my outlook of Ogbonna for Juventus.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:47 am

Caceres. He wants to come back toJuve, is young, and versatile. I think hes perfect.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:49 am

juventus101 wrote:Caceres. He wants to come back toJuve, is young, and versatile. I think hes perfect.

Ah, how could I forget him.
Good call, very versatile.
Suitable back up to Lichtsteiner and keeps Bonucci starting.

Not a bad idea.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:24 pm

Lol am I the only one that wants alex? He's more proven than Any of these players and is at a good age . Very powerful player who let's not forget plays for one of the best clubs in the world
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:25 pm

Watching the U20 tournament and Pezzella (Arg. captain) is putting in a class show. A name to watch out for.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:27 pm

pasquale22 wrote:Lol am I the only one that wants alex? He's more proven than Any of these players and is at a good age . Very powerful player who let's not forget plays for one of the best clubs in the world

Monstrous free kick ability but I've never been a fan.
In any case because he is from Chelsea I see him being more expensive than Lugano.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:48 pm

juventus101 wrote:Caceres. He wants to come back toJuve, is young, and versatile. I think hes perfect.

I think given our budget that getting Lugano and Caceras would be a good move. Any extra funds we have should go to a LW and/or a vice-Pirlo.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:11 pm

I would take Lugano without even thinking.

He is underrated by many, especially by the media.

1.Because he plays for a country that isnt considered a superpower
2. Because when yu play at a club like Fenerbache, dont expect to be noticed.

He would fully compliment Chiellini and would have tremendous experience to give to the youngsters.

He wouldnt even come in the way of hindering the growth of Bonucci and Sorensen.

While he may not be quick , his experience and intellect are amazing assets that would help bring out a much more brawny Chiellini (who i feel can be much more, but because he has had to do alot by himself in defense and has been looked upon as a defense leader, he has had to curb what he can really do).

He totally compliments the Italian style of play and defending.

Also, being a defensive leader, he , buffon and chiellini would prove to be a total brick wall.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by twizzaq Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:23 pm

I want Lugano. He's got good leadership qualities and I belive he would complement Chiellini well. He would not ruin Bonuccis development either Smile my friend who is a Chelsea fan told me Alex is great but works best with a leader (Terry). I Believe that Chiellini works better with a "leader" too, like Cannavaro.

So my vote goes for Diego Lugano!
twizzaq
twizzaq
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:25 pm

twizzaq wrote:I want Lugano. He's got good leadership qualities and I belive he would complement Chiellini well. He would not ruin Bonuccis development either Smile my friend who is a Chelsea fan told me Alex is great but works best with a leader (Terry). I Believe that Chiellini works better with a "leader" too, like Cannavaro.

Great minds think alike Razz bounce bounce Thumbs up
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by twizzaq Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:37 pm

AnJl wrote:
twizzaq wrote:I want Lugano. He's got good leadership qualities and I belive he would complement Chiellini well. He would not ruin Bonuccis development either Smile my friend who is a Chelsea fan told me Alex is great but works best with a leader (Terry). I Believe that Chiellini works better with a "leader" too, like Cannavaro.

Great minds think alike Razz bounce bounce Thumbs up

Oh yeah! Very Happy
twizzaq
twizzaq
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jn2002dk Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:07 pm

I'd go with Caceres and Kjær
Caceres showed promise when we had him on loan, he is very versatile and apparently he wants to join us

Kjær was one of the best CBs in serie a when he played at Palermo and even though he is going through a rough patch in bundesliga i'm sure he has the talent to shine again. He also has a lot of international experience through the danish national team where he has been a regular for some time now
jn2002dk
jn2002dk
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:05 am

Sticky this too Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down