aford92
Great Leader Sprucenuce
fatman123
74 posters

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

Newcastle United FC - Page 14 Empty Re: Newcastle United FC

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:23 pm

donttreadonred wrote:I would hope they do return for Pieters and Maiga/Cisse in January. Though with the club's tranfer record, if it's not done before the last two days of the window, I wouldn't hold my breath. It was painful to watch the deadline day news, seeing nothing until the insanity over Ruiz. I'm still not convinced that the whole thing wasn't just another PR stunt to try to appease the supporters.

That said, I think that Ba, Best, Ameobi and Lovenkrands can keep the club afloat if one or more finds some consistent good form. Ba wasn't bad for West Ham last season, and Best and Ameobi have shown that they CAN find the back of the net if they are on their game. This coupled with the service of Cabaye, Jonas, a resurgent Obertan and [a soon to be healthy(?)] Ben Arfa may be enough to keep the club afloat. Don't get me wrong. I think they need (and the fans deserve for the club) to buy a striker, but I'm not convinced its the end of the world that it didn't happen this window.

On a different topic, who will be dropped to include Santon? R. Taylor's free kicks have been essential for the club the last few games, and he hasn't been a huge liability defensively. Simpson has been unremarkable, at best. A few shaky clearances and marking assignments against Fulham really shook my confidence in Simpson's ability to hold up defensively. I would leave Taylor and replace Simpson. What do you think?

Nice post man, i do feel it was a pr stunt aswell as for Santon id like to see this......

Krul
R.Taylor S.Taylor Coloccini Santon
Obertan Cabaye Tiote Gutierrez
Ben Arfa
Best/Ba

Ben Arfa is back in training btw now so should'nt be too long.....

lee_ryder Lee Ryder
#nufc to make a statement this evening, club also agree to answer fans questions from @EveningChron readers

lee_ryder Lee Ryder
#nufc @EveningChron readers questions will be answered next week by the board

Interesting to see what come's from this i get the feeling all questions will be hand picked though and all of them will be easy questions is my guess.....

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:06 pm

Dammit... Simpson's in my fantasy team.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:15 pm

RedOranje wrote:Dammit... Simpson's in my fantasy team.

He could still play but if i had my way he would be sent to rot into the reserves.....

Useless POS.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:33 pm

He's done alright so far.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:13 pm

RedOranje wrote:He's done alright so far.

Nah practically every attack we have had to deal with has come through him defensively he is one of the worst defenders i think we have ever had.....

The only reason we have only conceded 1 goal in 3 is Krul and Coloccini i hope Santon add's to that defensively on the LB but if he does'nt its not a great issue as long as he's a attacking force because Gutierrez does a ridiculous amount of defensive work he actually made R.Taylor look good lmao.

Would have loved a RB, CF and back up CB and back up CM but ofcourse under Ashley we dont get any of them.... Rolling Eyes
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:14 pm

@Immaculate_Mole: Thanks man. I was telling Red the other day that I am becoming something of a closet NUFC fan. I've been following them since last year when they came back up, and I'd been pondering some of their transfers over the summer for a while. I've just been so busy lately that I hadn't been on here in a little while.

Btw, has Ben Arfa player CAM/CF before, or is that just a hunch that he would be good in the position?

@Red: He's on mine too. Why didn't I buy Raylor? Why!?!?!?1?!

donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:17 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
RedOranje wrote:He's done alright so far.

Nah practically every attack we have had to deal with has come through him defensively he is one of the worst defenders i think we have ever had.....

The only reason we have only conceded 1 goal in 3 is Krul and Coloccini i hope Santon add's to that defensively on the LB but if he does'nt its not a great issue as long as he's a attacking force because Gutierrez does a ridiculous amount of defensive work he actually made R.Taylor look good lmao.

Would have loved a RB, CF and back up CB and back up CM but ofcourse under Ashley we dont get any of them.... Rolling Eyes
I meant he's done well enough for my fantasy team.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:45 pm

donttreadonred wrote:@Immaculate_Mole: Thanks man. I was telling Red the other day that I am becoming something of a closet NUFC fan. I've been following them since last year when they came back up, and I'd been pondering some of their transfers over the summer for a while. I've just been so busy lately that I hadn't been on here in a little while.

Btw, has Ben Arfa player CAM/CF before, or is that just a hunch that he would be good in the position?

@Red: He's on mine too. Why didn't I buy Raylor? Why!?!?!?1?!

Yh he has all the attributes to play there infact he's more suited there to on the wing( nice to hear you have become a closet nufc fan Thumbs up )......

oh right Red lol Laughing

meanwhile the NUFC's board are answering questions from the fans

Questions for #nufc will be open to @EveningChron and popularity of questions will determine final list of around 10-12 questions

I said this...........

We needed a back up cb,rb and cf we had 35 million we were promised a new quality cf, we didnt get it sold Carroll....8 months later we still have no replacement can you give assurances that we will sign one in January and where has the money gone ?

Really doubt anything will come of it but worth a crack....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by magpie Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:39 pm

If I had twitter, I'd be right there with you.
magpie
magpie
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:32 pm

*bleep* Simpson is in my fantasy team too Sad
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:12 pm

Why is everyone picking Simpson?

He is diabolical and dont give me its because hes cheap because Coloccini for example is only a million more lmao....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:14 pm

Lol, I have Simpson too, but I have an excuse, he used to play for us. bounce
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:44 pm

I had Simpson too! Cheap and I figured he might be a starter.
Used my wildcard already, though, and he's not in my team any longer Razz

Looking forward to seeing Ben Arfa back in action.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:24 pm

Don't get me wrong, Cap'n Colo is a far far far better player. Simpson was cheaper and fullbacks have a greater potential for points than center backs. They have a higher likelihood of getting assists when going forward. CBs need to be good in the air for a chance at anything beyond points for a clean sheet. That's my logic and I'm sticking to it.

I may pick up Ben Arfa when he comes back. Given that he has taken the #10 shirt, I'm guessing you're right (Immaculate_Mole); he will take a role closer to Nolan's last year and leave Obertan at RW.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:53 pm

donttreadonred wrote:Don't get me wrong, Cap'n Colo is a far far far better player. Simpson was cheaper and fullbacks have a greater potential for points than center backs. They have a higher likelihood of getting assists when going forward. CBs need to be good in the air for a chance at anything beyond points for a clean sheet. That's my logic and I'm sticking to it.

I may pick up Ben Arfa when he comes back. Given that he has taken the #10 shirt, I'm guessing you're right (Immaculate_Mole); he will take a role closer to Nolan's last year and leave Obertan at RW.

Fair enough.....

Also the other reason i said he would play there is because Pardew has stated it numerous times and he played there in pre season before his injury....

as far as replacements i look at it like this........

Enrique(Santon) Nolan(Ben Arfa) Barton(Cabaye) Carroll(Empty) Routledge(Obertan)

As you can see there is a gaping hole as far as Carroll replacement goes if we were able to replace him and sign a back up CB i genuinely do believe we would have had a stronger first eleven....

But that is the past all we can do now is live in hope that in January or Summer we sign the 2 or 3 players we still need and dont sell any key players...
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by magpie Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:14 pm

That hole left by Carroll is one hell of a hole. I am rather red-faced that they couldn't find anyone to help with that or even name some people they were interested in.
magpie
magpie
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:25 pm

magpie wrote:That hole left by Carroll is one hell of a hole. I am rather red-faced that they couldn't find anyone to help with that or even name some people they were interested in.

Well if you believe well placed sources this is the list we have tried for this summer and for one reason or another it fell down( usually ashley's cheapness).....

Gamiero(Wages), Gervinho(Arsenal came in), Sturridge(Chelsea did'nt want to sell or loan), Erding(Wages), Long(fee was deemed to high), Maiga(same as Long), Demba Cisse(Same as Long and Maiga) and Ruiz(Left too late)......

It has all left a sour taste in my mouth and left my red face like yourself and that wont go away until the situation is rectified.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:36 pm

THERE was more than a hint of irony about the appearance of a striker that once cost Newcastle United £15m discussing the prospects of his beloved hometown club's failure to find a new No 9.

Alan Shearer was back on Tyneside at Greens Health & Fitness yesterday to promote next month's charity match that will see a Magpies XI managed by Kevin Keegan take on a Liverpool team made up of ex-players led by Roy Evans.

He reminisced about the months he spent playing under Keegan and the years that followed, when Newcastle's previous owners thought nothing of breaking the bank to bring in a long line of top, international players.

Times, however, have changed. Under the ownership of Mike Ashley there has been a conscious drive by the sportswear tycoon to make the club more self-sufficient after initially investing more than £200m in buying out Freddy Shepherd.

And after the big money sales of Andy Carroll, Kevin Nolan and Jose Enrique this year, there was a huge sense of disappointment around St James' Park when Ashley failed to bring in a new striker before the transfer window closed on Wednesday night.

Shearer, a born and bred Geordie, shared the frustration felt among the supporters. He is optimistic about Newcastle's chances of survival this season, but also hinted his concerns that a failure to bring in a top marksman could return to haunt Newcastle.

"It didn't surprise me," said Shearer. "When you look at it, what's going on and how they're operating the club now, that's up to them and certainly I'm not going to sit here and say that's not right.

"They want to establish themselves in the Premier League without spending ridiculous money. They're running the club that way and everyone has to respect that.

"It might be a while before you see a £20m-25m player at Newcastle again. Whether you agree with that or not, that's the fact. I can understand the frustrations.

"People were maybe looking for a marquee signing because of Andy Carroll leaving, but in fairness to the other guys they've started the season well."

Newcastle's failure to bring in the strikers they have targeted over the last few months means there is greater pressure on those already at manager Alan Pardew's disposal to score goals.

That means Demba Ba, a free transfer from West Ham, needs to come good and convince Pardew he deserves to start ahead of Leon Best and Peter Lovenkrands, two players Newcastle tried to sell during the summer.

But with the Ameobi brothers, Shola and Sammy, also in the squad, Shearer thinks Newcastle should still have enough to keep them clear of danger until January, when Pardew could try again to bring in a new forward.

"Alan Pardew's done a very good job up to now under difficult circumstances when he came in," said Shearer. "I'm sure he hopes and I hope that continues. Fingers crossed it does.

"When you compare Newcastle to other clubs I think Newcastle will be alright. They're not going to get into the top six but it's anyone's guess below that, there's nothing between seventh and bottom. The difference is maybe getting a goalscorer who is going to score 22-23 goals a season. That might get you into seventh or eighth."

When Shearer was signed by Keegan from Blackburn in 1996 for a record breaking fee, Newcastle had high hopes of winning the Premier League and many of the years that followed were spent competing in the Champions League.

Such heights seem a long way off, with the age of billionaire foreign ownership changing the financial landscape of the richest league in the world.

"It will be very, very difficult when you look at the finances, £115m, spent at Liverpool to get back into the top four," he said. "You look at Man City who have got into the top four and won the FA Cup, they have spent a hell of a lot more than that. Manchester United will always be there and Chelsea.

"There might be three leagues in the Premier League now rather than four. There are the four who can win it - Man U, Man C, Chelsea and Liverpool, fifth and sixth is between Spurs and Arsenal, I'm not sure in which order. Then there's not that much between bottom and seventh, so it's tough with the finances to get into the top four."

* Kevin Keegan's Entertainers from the '92 to '97 are to return to play Roy Evans' Liverpool FC old boys at Newcastle Falcons' Kingston Park on Sunday, October 9 at 1.30pm.

A team boasting the likes of Les Ferdinand, Rob Lee, Pavel Srnicek and Faustino Asprilla are ready to do battle with a Roy Evans and Phil Thompson XI.

Alan Shearer has also agreed to pull on his infamous No 9 shirt one last time and play in this historic charity match, which will benefit five North-East charities.

The Sir Bobby Robson Foundation, NSPCC, The Alan Shearer Centre, CHUF and Pathways 4 All will all benefit from the event being organised by Players Inc and Pzazz Events.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle/9231182.Shearer_s_take_on_events_at_Newcastle/
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:28 pm

NEWCASTLE United have added a right-back to their embryonic January shopping list – throwing the future of Danny Simpson into fresh doubt.
Toon chiefs have instructed their scouts to source players in three positions for the New Year window – at full-back, centre-back and up front.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/2011/09/04/danny-simpson-s-newcastle-future-is-in-doubt-79310-29358631/

I hope to god it's true signing 3 player's we need and getting rid of the weak link in our back line..... cheers

I will believe it when i see it though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by magpie Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:22 pm

Hooray! Shearer! I hope that I can find a stream of it somewhere.

I am amused at what I found on the nufc.co.uk site the other day: an apology for not getting a striker (Here). That was the most important thing and the 40+ million pounds we've gotten from Liverpool over the last two signing periods has more or less vanished up Assley's ashhole..
magpie
magpie
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:26 pm

magpie wrote:Hooray! Shearer! I hope that I can find a stream of it somewhere.

I am amused at what I found on the nufc.co.uk site the other day: an apology for not getting a striker (Here). That was the most important thing and the 40+ million pounds we've gotten from Liverpool over the last two signing periods has more or less vanished up Assley's ashhole..

I was pissed off than amused tbh and yes id like to find a stream of the interview if i can always great from hear from the great man....

Red if it's ok may i ask that you delete that post of your's....

Thanks.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:32 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

I was pissed off than amused tbh and yes id like to find a stream of the interview if i can always great from hear from the great man....

Thanks.
But it's not actually breaking any rules and it DOES explain where the Carroll cash went... Razz

Seriously though, if you do want it removed I will do so.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:36 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Thanks.
But it's not actually breaking any rules and it DOES explain where the Carroll cash went... Razz

Seriously though, if you do want it removed I will do so.

HAHA true, none the less the less we see of the fat twat the better so if you dont mind id like it removed yes cheers
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by magpie Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:50 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:

Thanks.
Sorry, I meant amused, as in how a parent is amused as you attempt to lie your way out of punishment.
magpie
magpie
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:12 pm

14 questions that are putting forward to the board who have agreed to answer how they answer them is another question entirely.....

1. Where has the money that was pledged to be reinvested in the squad after the sale of Andy Carroll gone?

2. Why is there such a lack of communication with the fans from Mike Ashley and his board?

3. In 2009 you outlined your plans for the club at a fans forum. Can you give us an update on how you see our position now against that plan and if it has changed? What is the long-term plan for Newcastle United?

4. Can you justify why it took seven months to pursue a striker before failing at the eleventh hour to secure a signing?

5. Public opinion on Tyneside from large sections of fans is that they no longer trust statements coming out of the club after several empty promises. What assurances can you give fans that they can believe what the club tells them?

6. Given that level 7 was deserted in some parts at the Fulham game, is there any reason why those who want to sing can’t all be sat together rather than upsetting fans who don’t want to sing, which appears to be the problem in the Strawberry corner? What has caused the club to fundamentally change its stance to standing in the stadium?

7. Many fans clamoured for a marquee signing on the striker front. Are those days gone and can we expect more continental-based players coming in in January, if any?

8. Are you concerned about the 10,000 drop in attendance and that fans are either not renewing season tickets or have headed to support local non-league teams instead?

9. Is Ashley considering putting the club up for sale?

10. Newcastle United has the third highest attendances in the country, Sky TV and income from merchandising, plus a lower debt position than many in the EPL. Why in terms of player recruitment can Newcastle not compete with smaller clubs like Stoke, Fulham and QPR?

11. Are you aware of fans’ disgruntlement with the away ticketing policy given the Toon Army are amongst the most loyal fans in the UK, and will you consider reviewing the policy?

12. Alan Pardew said he was 100% convinced he would get a new number 9. What changed?

13. Why was Joey Barton allowed to leave for free and join a club that could be considered to be a rival in the Premier League?

14. Many fans now consider us to be a “selling club” after the departures of Nolan, Enrique, Carroll and Barton. How do you respond to this?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:12 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:14 questions that are putting forward to the board who have agreed to answer how they answer them is another question entirely.....

1. Where has the money that was pledged to be reinvested in the squad after the sale of Andy Carroll gone?

2. Why is there such a lack of communication with the fans from Mike Ashley and his board?

3. In 2009 you outlined your plans for the club at a fans forum. Can you give us an update on how you see our position now against that plan and if it has changed? What is the long-term plan for Newcastle United?

4. Can you justify why it took seven months to pursue a striker before failing at the eleventh hour to secure a signing?

5. Public opinion on Tyneside from large sections of fans is that they no longer trust statements coming out of the club after several empty promises. What assurances can you give fans that they can believe what the club tells them?

6. Given that level 7 was deserted in some parts at the Fulham game, is there any reason why those who want to sing can’t all be sat together rather than upsetting fans who don’t want to sing, which appears to be the problem in the Strawberry corner? What has caused the club to fundamentally change its stance to standing in the stadium?

7. Many fans clamoured for a marquee signing on the striker front. Are those days gone and can we expect more continental-based players coming in in January, if any?

8. Are you concerned about the 10,000 drop in attendance and that fans are either not renewing season tickets or have headed to support local non-league teams instead?

9. Is Ashley considering putting the club up for sale?

10. Newcastle United has the third highest attendances in the country, Sky TV and income from merchandising, plus a lower debt position than many in the EPL. Why in terms of player recruitment can Newcastle not compete with smaller clubs like Stoke, Fulham and QPR?

11. Are you aware of fans’ disgruntlement with the away ticketing policy given the Toon Army are amongst the most loyal fans in the UK, and will you consider reviewing the policy?

12. Alan Pardew said he was 100% convinced he would get a new number 9. What changed?

13. Why was Joey Barton allowed to leave for free and join a club that could be considered to be a rival in the Premier League?

14. Many fans now consider us to be a “selling club” after the departures of Nolan, Enrique, Carroll and Barton. How do you respond to this?

When are they going to be posting the answers to the questions? I'm VERY interested in seeing just how forthcoming they are with some of the questions, as it seems that they have not sidestepped the "hard topics" at all. Kudos to the NUFC management for recognizing that they couldn't just sidestep these questions without it being considered a slap in the face to the supporters. The true public relations challenge will be to answer the questions in a manner that will actually satisfy the supporters. For the record, I don't think it can be done. However, if they answer the questions fully and honestly, I will respect them more than if they had just put out the same statement that, "We tried, but just could not get it done in time." The true test, however, will come in January. More than for the sake of the team's performance, they need to fill these needs to avoid alienating the fanbase further. It's time to break the bank. I don't care if the player is not worth the price tag associated with him. Look at the Andy Carroll situation. The act meant more a the time than the actual benefit. Liverpool splashed the cash to show they weren't writing off the short term for long-term rebuilding/gains. It's past time Newcastle opened the coffers for a high quality player to send the message to fans and other teams that they want to improve and they want to win.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next