What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

+20
shaven
billy_gr
juberish
windkick
FennecFox7
Swanhends
Lord Spencer
kiranr
Adit
Iceman
paperbackwriter
The Franchise
hrealmadrid
Mr Nick09
Great Leader Sprucenuce
El Chelsea Fuerte
KMD
BeautifulGame
Art Morte
Raptorgunner
24 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by kiranr Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:04 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Cesc should just come to Real, rosell doesnt even want him

Madrid already has Oezil and Sahin, not mentioning Alonso. Why do you need Fabregas?

kiranr
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3496
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by shaven Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:05 pm

i wonder where does he really wants to go
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1963
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:05 pm

kiranr wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Cesc should just come to Real, rosell doesnt even want him

Madrid already has Oezil and Sahin, not mentioning Alonso. Why do you need Fabregas?
so he can be a back up for ozil.

why do you want him?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31600
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by billy_gr Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:07 pm

back up for xavi... he'll wait less time
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3453
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by kiranr Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:09 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
kiranr wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Cesc should just come to Real, rosell doesnt even want him

Madrid already has Oezil and Sahin, not mentioning Alonso. Why do you need Fabregas?
so he can be a back up for ozil.

why do you want him?

Because Pep and Xavi love him!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3496
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by juberish Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:09 pm

kiranr wrote:
juberish wrote:It doesnt have to come down to Cesc vs Xavi, they'd find a way to start him, but thats just my belief. We wont know til they have him.

But my analogy holds just fine. Just because you say you don't need him that bad, it doesnt change his value. Just because you already have a ton of diamonds, doesnt mean that you can buy more diamonds for below the market rate. There's no logic in that.

Well, that is not the reason Barcelona are valuing him at 30m. It has mainly to do with injuries and him not starting as many matches as probably Sanchez would.

And what is market rate really? It is the price of comparable assets agreed upon by buyers and seller. Not many comparable players in the world of football. Very difficult to gauge the market rate in such a scenario!


A) you've just stated the same thing! You're saying Sanchez would keep him out of the line-up, thats fine, then you don't need him, don't tap him up. If you need him, you pay the market rate. Just because you have a car already doesnt mean you can go to the dealership and haggle by saying "I want to buy this car, but I already have a better one at home, can you give me a discount?" doesnt work that way. How many times must I make the analogy?

B) And there def a way to assess market value on a player like Cesc... look at the money being spent on players who are no where near the quality he is. If you're saying there's no way to judge market value of top players to top, rich european clubs, then I dunno what sport you're following.
juberish
juberish
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 124
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:13 pm

billy_gr wrote:back up for xavi... he'll wait less time

how long? 2, 3 years? xavi wont go out early just to be nice
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 31600
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:19 pm

Cesc can walk in to any team and start, and there are not that many players in the world that can do that. Arsenal is no push over they would rather Cesc leaves for free in 3 years then sell for what Barcelona are paying.

Barcelona can take that 30 million to pay off the interest for Ibrahimovic deal that they still owe.


Last edited by Raptorgunner on Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 18057
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by kiranr Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:19 pm

juberish wrote:
kiranr wrote:
juberish wrote:It doesnt have to come down to Cesc vs Xavi, they'd find a way to start him, but thats just my belief. We wont know til they have him.

But my analogy holds just fine. Just because you say you don't need him that bad, it doesnt change his value. Just because you already have a ton of diamonds, doesnt mean that you can buy more diamonds for below the market rate. There's no logic in that.

Well, that is not the reason Barcelona are valuing him at 30m. It has mainly to do with injuries and him not starting as many matches as probably Sanchez would.

And what is market rate really? It is the price of comparable assets agreed upon by buyers and seller. Not many comparable players in the world of football. Very difficult to gauge the market rate in such a scenario!


A) you've just stated the same thing! You're saying Sanchez would keep him out of the line-up, thats fine, then you don't need him, don't tap him up. If you need him, you pay the market rate. Just because you have a car already doesnt mean you can go to the dealership and haggle by saying "I want to buy this car, but I already have a better one at home, can you give me a discount?" doesnt work that way. How many times must I make the analogy?

B) And there def a way to assess market value on a player like Cesc... look at the money being spent on players who are no where near the quality he is. If you're saying there's no way to judge market value of top players to top, rich european clubs, then I dunno what sport you're following.

A) Dude, Sanchez is a forward. He will not keep Cesc out! I only made a comparison about the number of starts those two might get at Barcelona. Again, Barcelona are valuing him at 30 million because he is injured often and has not won any major trophies.

B) The price players are transferred at depends on many factors, none of which are the same between all the players. Sneijder transferred at a lower price than Andy Carrol. It is the same way in the stock market. You would think inferior companies should sell for lower prices than superior companies, but they sell for higher sometimes. The stock markets are slightly inefficient, but the transfer market of football is highly inefficient. Combine that with no intrinsic method of valuing a player, you have huge difference in valuations and no market rate to compare it with!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3496
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by billy_gr Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:31 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
billy_gr wrote:back up for xavi... he'll wait less time

how long? 2, 3 years? xavi wont go out early just to be nice

still sooner than he ever gonna replace Ozil in Madrid
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3453
Join date : 2011-06-29
Age : 39

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by juberish Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:32 pm

kiranr wrote:

A) Dude, Sanchez is a forward. He will not keep Cesc out! I only made a comparison about the number of starts those two might get at Barcelona. Again, Barcelona are valuing him at 30 million because he is injured often and has not won any major trophies.

B) The price players are transferred at depends on many factors, none of which are the same between all the players. Sneijder transferred at a lower price than Andy Carrol. It is the same way in the stock market. You would think inferior companies should sell for lower prices than superior companies, but they sell for higher sometimes. The stock markets are slightly inefficient, but the transfer market of football is highly inefficient. Combine that with no intrinsic method of valuing a player, you have huge difference in valuations and no market rate to compare it with!

a) lol wasnt even paying attention to who you said, I'm just addressing that fact that any logic where you try to devalue Cesc's transfer based on how little Barca's needs him is bad logic. You're referencing how many starts you GUESS he will get and using that to ask for a lower transfer fee? Shiiiittteee, we could sell him for 60 to ManCity or PSG right? Only diff is, Barca have us by the balls because Cesc wants to be there. Saying he wouldn't break into the team or isnt that needed is only a case for you to stop tapping him up, not to lower his transfer. And saying he hasn't won anything or is injured... I dont even have the energy to address those terrible arguments.

b) Sneijder's value was lower than Carrolls at the time of the transfer. Sneijder's stock only rose after he landed at Inter and performed well. Come on now.. this is just obvious to everyone isn't it? I'm not saying we can set exact amounts, but ballpark sums are safe.
juberish
juberish
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 124
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by kiranr Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:45 pm

juberish wrote:
kiranr wrote:

A) Dude, Sanchez is a forward. He will not keep Cesc out! I only made a comparison about the number of starts those two might get at Barcelona. Again, Barcelona are valuing him at 30 million because he is injured often and has not won any major trophies.

B) The price players are transferred at depends on many factors, none of which are the same between all the players. Sneijder transferred at a lower price than Andy Carrol. It is the same way in the stock market. You would think inferior companies should sell for lower prices than superior companies, but they sell for higher sometimes. The stock markets are slightly inefficient, but the transfer market of football is highly inefficient. Combine that with no intrinsic method of valuing a player, you have huge difference in valuations and no market rate to compare it with!

a) lol wasnt even paying attention to who you said, I'm just addressing that fact that any logic where you try to devalue Cesc's transfer based on how little Barca's needs him is bad logic. You're referencing how many starts you GUESS he will get and using that to ask for a lower transfer fee? Shiiiittteee, we could sell him for 60 to ManCity or PSG right? Only diff is, Barca have us by the balls because Cesc wants to be there. Saying he wouldn't break into the team or isnt that needed is only a case for you to stop tapping him up, not to lower his transfer. And saying he hasn't won anything or is injured... I dont even have the energy to address those terrible arguments.

b) Sneijder's value was lower than Carrolls at the time of the transfer. Sneijder's stock only rose after he landed at Inter and performed well. Come on now.. this is just obvious to everyone isn't it? I'm not saying we can set exact amounts, but ballpark sums are safe.

Those are Barcelona's reasons for the lower valuation compared to Arsenal. The real reason is, 30 million hits the transfer budget for the season. I know it has nothing to do with Arsenal, but, i am just explaining Barcelona's side of the story.

Well, Sneijder was still miles ahead of Carroll at the time. Still, i agree about the ballpark figure.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3496
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by kiranr Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:46 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Cesc can walk in to any team and start, and there are not that many players in the world that can do that. Arsenal is no push over they would rather Cesc leaves for free in 3 years then sell for what Barcelona are paying.

Barcelona can take that 30 million to pay off the interest for Ibrahimovic deal that they still owe.

Any team eh? Tell that to Spanish NT!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3496
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by juberish Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:48 pm

Barca wants to tap up a WC player on another team.. I have no sympathy for their subjective reasons to want a lower transfer fee. Pay up or go away.

And I agree with you about Sneijder's quality.. but he was like Ibra.. had a bad mojo over him when he left, wasn't at his max market value at the time. Carroll on the other hand, was riding a wave of hype.
juberish
juberish
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 124
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by Albiceleste Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:01 pm

Same old weekly Barca bashing thread when a new Cesc rumor comes out, the thread title should just be "Bash Barca Here" that's pretty much just what happens whenever a thread is made about this saga people just go on and on about how disgusting Barca is and how they've been tapping him up and lowballing Cesc, doesn't it ever get old?

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb
Posts : 11137
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by juberish Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:03 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:Same old weekly Barca bashing thread when a new Cesc rumor comes out, the thread title should just be "Bash Barca Here" that's pretty much just what happens whenever a thread is made about this saga people just go on and on about how disgusting Barca is and how they've been tapping him up and lowballing Cesc, doesn't it ever get old?

doesnt tapping him up and lowballing us get old? see it works both ways.


Last edited by juberish on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
juberish
juberish
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 124
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by M99 Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:07 pm

juberish getting back on business at once Very Happy
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30391
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by Albiceleste Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:08 pm

juberish wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:Same old weekly Barca bashing thread when a new Cesc rumor comes out, the thread title should just be "Bash Barca Here" that's pretty much just what happens whenever a thread is made about this saga people just go on and on about how disgusting Barca is and how they've been tapping him up and lowballing Cesc, doesn't it ever get old?

doent tapping him up and lowballing us get old? see it works both ways.
Barcelona didn't even do anything, it was just a rumor, but of course a chance for people to bash Barca, so this thread has 10 pages now.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb
Posts : 11137
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:09 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:Same old weekly Barca bashing thread when a new Cesc rumor comes out, the thread title should just be "Bash Barca Here" that's pretty much just what happens whenever a thread is made about this saga people just go on and on about how disgusting Barca is and how they've been tapping him up and lowballing Cesc, doesn't it ever get old?
What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 300g667434
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 18057
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:10 pm

kiranr wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:Cesc can walk in to any team and start, and there are not that many players in the world that can do that. Arsenal is no push over they would rather Cesc leaves for free in 3 years then sell for what Barcelona are paying.

Barcelona can take that 30 million to pay off the interest for Ibrahimovic deal that they still owe.

Any team eh? Tell that to Spanish NT!
What i Think of Spain NT
What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 32020sw383
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 18057
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by juberish Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:12 pm

Well the "rumor" is over the bit about Cesc paying for part of his transfer, that part is BS. But the overall point regarding the transfer fee on Cesc... just get it over with already is all I'm saying.

I don't care about Barca or bashing them. I just want them to STFU. They did tap him up publicly and now that it seems he's on the table for them, they don't cough up the money. Then Barca fans come on here and try to rationalize a lower transfer fee. Stop playing victim, waahhh, poor Barca, best team in the world can have any player they want, and you want immunity from criticism when your team needlessly drags out transfers?


Last edited by juberish on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
juberish
juberish
Prospect
Prospect

Posts : 124
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by Iceman Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:12 pm

Barca fans playing the victim role never gets old...
Its a debate, its bound to get heated...What'd you expect? We'd all cheer for Barca and donate flowers to the club because of how classy they've been so far? Yeah....not gonna happen
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2043
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by Iceman Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:14 pm

Like I said, I haven't been doing any Barca bashing at all, and I'm not even bashing Barcelona right now. I'm just saying that they should pay up, or preferably just walk away from this whole thing. That would be a better solution to both sides. You have Thiago, we can Cesc and everyone is happy happy
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2043
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:14 pm

I just cant wait to get the Cesc Saga over with, I would be happy either way if he stays or goes.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 18057
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by Albiceleste Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:21 pm

Iceman wrote:Barca fans playing the victim role never gets old...
Its a debate, its bound to get heated...What'd you expect? We'd all cheer for Barca and donate flowers to the club because of how classy they've been so far? Yeah....not gonna happen

Who's playing the victim role? I'm not, and if anyone was actually "playing the victim role" it certainly wasn't any Barcelona fans. Anyway, I was merely asking the people bashing Barcelona if it gets old to do it week in and week out. I'm not saying it's not justified, because some of the things the club does makes me want to bash them a bit as well, but it's the same washed up debate over and over. :farao:

Iceman wrote:Like I said, I haven't been doing any Barca bashing at all, and I'm not even bashing Barcelona right now. I'm just saying that they should pay up, or preferably just walk away from this whole thing. That would be a better solution to both sides. You have Thiago, we can Cesc and everyone is happy happy
Thumbs up

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb
Posts : 11137
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by Babun Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:25 pm

Pep: He's got Farca DNA, come back to Daddy ( Is he his illegitimate child? ) Very Happy

Xavi: It would be nice to have Cesc back ( I need someone on the bench who gives me some rest, my back is itching...)

Wenga: He is my slave... my boy, I mean! Pay up or leave our happy, young familiy alone. Who needs succes when there is so much harmony (Nasri, Bendtner...) Very Happy

Cesc: I don't know anything but I was happy to talk about it... ( MIA at the moment Very Happy)

Farca fans: Pep, pease don't do it, Thiago>Cesc, c'mon, we don't even need him. A 40million € bench player? :lol!:

Arsenal fans: Cesc is good enough to start in any team even in Farca. Question: is he better than Xaviniesta? Answer: we don't know for sure but he'd start in any team Very Happy
What do you think about Cesc leaving? We should sign Juan Mata. Question:What about Cesc? Answer: Mata? Very Happy

Neutrals: frak, just sign him for frak's sake, the forums are overloaded with Cesc-> Farca threads Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour? - Page 6 Empty Re: What you guys think of this new Cesc rumour?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum