Spain (edit) (1)
thoughts? how pissed do these make you?

Last edited by Clownbaby on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Clownbaby
Clownbaby
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

top 3 tiers of footballing nations  Empty Re: top 3 tiers of footballing nations

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:17 am

Well.. it's retarded. Is that what you want to hear?

Back to top Go down

top 3 tiers of footballing nations  Empty Re: top 3 tiers of footballing nations

Post by Clownbaby Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:19 am

sportsczy wrote:Well.. it's retarded. Is that what you want to hear?

it is? hmm, why is that?
Clownbaby
Clownbaby
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:22 am

Lol, did you base this just on number of prices won?

I don't know, but this is quite arbitrary. Germany, for one, should at least be
first tire. And, even though Uruguay has been successful in a very foregone past and recently, they aren't considered more of a football nation than Holland or France.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:23 am

Clownbaby wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Well.. it's retarded. Is that what you want to hear?

it is? hmm, why is that?

i think its pretty clear why, i mean the current WC and Euro holders are a tier 3 team yet the team that drew 1-1 with NZ and didnt get passed the group stage of the same WC is tier 1
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Clownbaby Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:32 am

yeah my mistake, i meant of all time. because "the team that drew 1-1 with NZ and didnt get passed the group stage of the same WC" is still one of the best footballing nations in the world and the best european nation of all time. yeah, germany is definitely better than everyone besides brazil and italy, you're right. but remember that Italy absolutely owns Germany, especially tournament play. but, i see how they could be considered in a tier with italy and brazil.
Clownbaby
Clownbaby
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:50 am

I was thinking about the exact same idea a couple of days ago, except i guess i have a more global idea about it.

I came up with:
Tier 1: Elite nations, Italy, Brazil, Germany
Tier 2: Slightly less elite, Spain, England, France, Argentina, Holland
Tier 3: Medium nations, Mexico, United States, Egypt, Japan
Tier 4: Small nations, TyT, Costa Rica, South Korea, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Tier 5: Bottom of the barrel, Jamaica, Cuba, Iceland, Guyana, Qatar

chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:43 pm

chino that's a good list

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:51 pm

Great list.

Forza Italia. <3
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:52 pm

LOL @ Spanish fans thinking winning one World Cup makes you a Tier 1 team.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:05 pm

I think Spain have been amazing for the last 5 or so years,not even in tier 3 imo

Last edited by Ganso on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:09 pm

Ganso wrote:I think Spain have been amazing for the best 5 or so years,not even in tier 3 imo

Yeah but this is based on history by the looks of it. Italia had one their first World Cup in 1934. We won the last one in 2006.

To me, that represents history. Spain are in a damn good generation of crop I have to admit, well not even admit, I mean, you cannot deny when Fabregas and Torres are on he bench along with Valdes and Reina, the team is absolutely deadly.

But they just started to really dominate, whereas powers like Brasil and Italia had been doing so for a while. But I do not think France should be that low.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:04 pm

chinomaster182 wrote:I was thinking about the exact same idea a couple of days ago, except i guess i have a more global idea about it.

I came up with:

Pretty much this.

The Elite are small: Brazil, Italy and Germany. Sides that consistently perform, even with shitty teams, go down to finals, and of course, have the best records.

The rest are apart.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:06 pm

Dont try to put yourself in the first tier alongside with Brazil.

1st tier is Brazil, rest is a joke compared to brazil's success and talent
2nd tier is Argentina, Italy, Germany, England, France, Holland, Spain
3rd tier likes of Portugal, Chekh, Uruguay etc.

in talent alone 1 is Brazil, 2nd is Argentina
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:46 pm

chinomaster182 wrote:I was thinking about the exact same idea a couple of days ago, except i guess i have a more global idea about it.

I came up with:

That's good, but I think you should make another tier between the "medium" and the "small"... For example, Qatar is much better than Costa Rica and Bosnia & Herzegovina, but isn't as good as the likes of Egypt and Japan.

And South Korea belongs in the same tier as Egypt and the US.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:38 pm

I think current champions should be in Tier 2 just based on the fact they are the current champs.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:40 pm

billionmillion wrote:Dont try to put yourself in the first tier alongside with Brazil.

1st tier is Brazil, rest is a joke compared to brazil's success and talent
2nd tier is Argentina, Italy, Germany, England, France, Holland, Spain
3rd tier likes of Portugal, Chekh, Uruguay etc.

in talent alone 1 is Brazil, 2nd is Argentina

I hope this was a troll post. England don't belong next to Germany and Italy.

Brazil are currently a poor side.

Tier 1: Brazil Italy Germany.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:34 am

If it based on world cup then uruguay must be in second tier. But its mostly based on trophies, popularity, reputation, produced legend players and current form

I give Brazil (5 WC+8 CA)
10 out of 10 at trophies
10 - popularity
10 - reputation
10 - produced legend players
7 - current form
Total 47

Argentina (2 WC+ 15 CA)
8 - trophies
9 - popularity
9 - reputation
7 - current form
Total: 43

Germany (3 WC+3 EC)
9 - trophies\
9 - popularity
9 - reputation
8 - produced legend players
9 - current form
Total: 44

Italy
9 - tophies (4 WC+1 EC)
9 - popularity
9 - reputation
9 - produced legend players
6 - current form
Total: 42

Spain
6 - trophies (1 WC + 2 EC)
8 - popularity
8 - reputation
7 - produced legend players
10 - current form
Total: 39

Holland
4 - trophies (1 AC)
9 - popularity
9 - reputation
9 - current form
Total: 40

England
5 - trophies (1 WC)
9 - popularity
8 - reputation
6 - current form
Total: 36

France
7 - trophies (1 WC + 2 EC)
8 - popularity
8 - reputation
8 - produced legend player
7 - current form
Total: 38

Uruguay
8 - tophies (2 WC + 16 CA)
5 - popularity
6 - reputation
5 - produced legend player
7 - current form
Total: 31

Result:
1. Brazil - 47 points
2. Germany - 44 points
3. Argentina - 43 points
4. Italy - 42 points
5. Holland - 40 points
6. Spain - 39 points
7. France - 38 points
8. England - 36 points
9. Uruguay - 31 points

So if its only based on trophies then uruguay must be above most of countries. If you include another details then that is the result
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:40 am

billionmillion wrote:If it based on world cup then uruguay must be in second tier. But its mostly based on trophies, popularity, reputation, produced legend players and current form

I give Brazil (5 WC+8 CA)
10 out of 10 at trophies
10 - popularity
10 - reputation
7 - current form
Total 47

Argentina (2 WC+ 15 CA)
8 - trophies
9 - popularity
9 - reputation
7 - current form
Total: 43

Germany (3 WC+3 EC)
9 - trophies\
9 - popularity
9 - reputation
9 - current form
Total: 44

Italy
9 - tophies (4 WC+1 EC)
9 - popularity
9 - reputation
6 - current form
Total: 42

Spain
6 - trophies (1 WC + 2 EC)
8 - popularity
8 - reputation
7 - produced legend players
10 - current form
Total: 39

Holland
4 - trophies (1 AC)
9 - popularity
9 - reputation
9 - current form
Total: 40

England
5 - trophies (1 WC)
9 - popularity
8 - reputation
6 - current form
Total: 36

France
7 - trophies (1 WC + 2 EC)
8 - popularity
8 - reputation
8 - produced legend player
7 - current form
Total: 38

Uruguay
8 - tophies (2 WC + 16 CA)
5 - popularity
6 - reputation
5 - produced legend player
7 - current form
Total: 31

Result:
1. Brazil - 47 points
2. Germany - 44 points
3. Argentina - 43 points
4. Italy - 42 points
5. Holland - 40 points
6. Spain - 39 points
7. France - 38 points
8. England - 36 points
9. Uruguay - 31 points

So if its only based on trophies then uruguay must be above most of countries. If you include another details then that is the result
Nope, Not agreeing with the analysis of Germany, Italy and Argentina. You have shown favouritism to Argentina and done an injuatice to Italy and Germany.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:45 am

Why does italy deserve higher?

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:47 am

Lionel Messi wrote:Why does italy deserve higher?

Italia- WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS 1934
WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS 1938
European Champions 1968
World Cup RunnerUp 1970
World Cup 4th Place 1978
WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS 1982
World Cup 3rd Place 1990
World Cup RunnerUp 1994
European Championships Runner-Up 2000
WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS 2006

"Calcio is an enormous part of the Italian culture and it is no big surprise to see the Italians this high in the rankings at the No. 2 spot.

With four World Cup Titles, two runner ups, a third-place finish, and a European Championship, Italia has an impressive history, present, and future to say the least.

Italia is known for its classy play, natural skills, and great defensive style. The technical abilities and tremendous tactical execution of the Azzurri is can’t be competed with.

Italia won their first two World Cups in 1934 and 1938 behind legendary goal scorer Giuseppe Meazza.

Their third World Cup crown was won in 1982 when they defeated West Germany in the Final 3-1. And their fourth World Cup Championship came at the most recent World Cup in Germany 2006.

In World Cup 1994, Italia lost in the Final to Brazil, in the battle to become the first nation to win four World Cups.

This match was decided on penalties and Italian star Roberto Baggio will forever be remembered for his heartbreaking penalty miss just over the crossbar that clinched the Brazil win.

Despite the excruciating miss from Baggio he can hardly be blamed, as his goal scoring performances in USA 94 were legendary.

In World Cup 1998, Italia wasn’t given much of a chance at winning the Cup, as they passed number 10 on to the young Juventus star, Alessandro Del Piero.

They breezed through the first round and the round of 16 behind the great goal scoring of Vieri, but in the quarters they met the host nation and eventual Champions, France.

They played yet another tight 0-0 match but were eliminated on penalties, as Luigi Di Biagio sent a whole nation into agony when he rang one off the crossbar.

This was the third straight World Cup Italia was eliminated on penalties, and it was becoming a huge mental block for the whole nation.

In Euro 2000, Italia was ready to bounce back and put on a great display of will in the first round earning all nine possible points.

In the quarters they defeated Romania easily 2-0 behind another goal from the emerging superstar, Francesco Totti.

In the semis they played a tough Dutch team who pushed Italia to their limit and outplayed the Italians for the most part, but they still couldn’t get anything by the top of form Francesco Toldo.

In penalties, Italia broke their supposed jinx after Toldo kept three of the four penalties from conversion.

In the final Italia met the Champions of the World, France. Italia struck first, after a beautiful set up was finished off by Delvecchio.

They held this lead through 90 minutes and outplayed the French and were just waiting for the whistle, to set them off into celebration.

Yet it came a minute too late as a late push in the 4th minute of stoppage time saw the equalizer buried by the French.

But agony continued, as the French went on to bury the golden goal and send Italia home a runner up instead of with The European Championship, which was basically in their hands.

World Cup 2002 was one mauled with controversy for the Italians. The final result will read that the Italians were eliminated in shocking fashion to South Korea in extra time in the round of 16, but conspiracies arose as Italy was clearly done in by multiple inexcusably bad calls by the officials.

Italy had a handful of valid goals taken back throughout the tournament, but the most disastrous officiated match came against the hosts in what will be forever remembered as one of the biggest controversies in World Cup history.

But World Cup 2006 was where all this tragedy would be cured, as this was the year Italia, “The Azzurri” would win it all for the fourth time.

Italia wasn’t seen as a favorite at this tournament, as they had a lot of hopes on a recovering out of form Francesco Totti.

Italia worked hard to get past the first round by defeating Ghana and European disappointment Czech Republic. The team was gelling very nicely and had excellent chemistry and a deep bench, and began the start to an epic run for their fourth star.

In the round of 16 they drew a tough gritty side in Australia, coached by Hiddink the former coach of South Korea.

Australia worked them hard for the whole 90 minutes and they had to come together even more as a team, as they had to overcome an awful red card decision by the ref on Materazzi.

But Italia persevered behind the fighting Gennaro Gattuso who was an animal in the midfield. Then in stoppage time, Totti sent a long ball to Grosso who made two very nice moves to penetrate the defense and get inside the box where he cut back again beautifully in the box and was tripped up and rewarded a penalty.

Up stepped Totti, who buried the penalty to push Italia into the quarters where they would meet Ukraine. Italia came out firing in this match up with victory as their only option.

A great one two between Zambrotta and Totti led to a blast from Zambrotta from a distance to put Italia up and there they would stay for good after Luca Toni’s 2 headers iced it 3-0.

Then the semi finals match up with Germany, the host nation, clearly the best game of the tournament. This was a war.

Italia never had lost to Germany in The World Cup before and Germany had never lost in Dortmund, one trend had to end and after 118 minutes of scoreless soccer, Italia struck twice in extra time in glorious fashion, to push The Italians to the final vs. France.

In the Final, Italia were forced to once again overcome their penalties jinx and this time there was no stopping them as all five Italian shooters buried their penalties with authority to send Italia to their fourth World Cup Title.

Italia could easily be the No. 1 nation in the rankings if it wasn’t for the “Superga Air Disaster” back in 1949.

This tragic airplane crash killed off the bulk of the Italian National team and set Italia back a complete generation in International competition."

Thats why.
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:59 am

As far as the points he gave to them I don't see how an injustice was done.
9 - tophies (4 WC+1 EC)
9 - popularity
9 - reputation
6 - current form

their current form is pretty crap, considering they just bowed out of the recent WC in the group stages.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Internal Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:02 am

checazzofai wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:Why does italy deserve higher?

Italia- WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS 1934
WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS 1938
European Champions 1968
World Cup RunnerUp 1970
World Cup 4th Place 1978
WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS 1982
World Cup 3rd Place 1990
World Cup RunnerUp 1994
European Championships Runner-Up 2000
WORLD CUP CHAMPIONS 2006

"Calcio is an enormous part of the Italian culture and it is no big surprise to see the Italians this high in the rankings at the No. 2 spot.

With four World Cup Titles, two runner ups, a third-place finish, and a European Championship, Italia has an impressive history, present, and future to say the least.

Italia is known for its classy play, natural skills, and great defensive style. The technical abilities and tremendous tactical execution of the Azzurri is can’t be competed with.

Italia won their first two World Cups in 1934 and 1938 behind legendary goal scorer Giuseppe Meazza.

Their third World Cup crown was won in 1982 when they defeated West Germany in the Final 3-1. And their fourth World Cup Championship came at the most recent World Cup in Germany 2006.

In World Cup 1994, Italia lost in the Final to Brazil, in the battle to become the first nation to win four World Cups.

This match was decided on penalties and Italian star Roberto Baggio will forever be remembered for his heartbreaking penalty miss just over the crossbar that clinched the Brazil win.

Despite the excruciating miss from Baggio he can hardly be blamed, as his goal scoring performances in USA 94 were legendary.

In World Cup 1998, Italia wasn’t given much of a chance at winning the Cup, as they passed number 10 on to the young Juventus star, Alessandro Del Piero.

They breezed through the first round and the round of 16 behind the great goal scoring of Vieri, but in the quarters they met the host nation and eventual Champions, France.

They played yet another tight 0-0 match but were eliminated on penalties, as Luigi Di Biagio sent a whole nation into agony when he rang one off the crossbar.

This was the third straight World Cup Italia was eliminated on penalties, and it was becoming a huge mental block for the whole nation.

In Euro 2000, Italia was ready to bounce back and put on a great display of will in the first round earning all nine possible points.

In the quarters they defeated Romania easily 2-0 behind another goal from the emerging superstar, Francesco Totti.

In the semis they played a tough Dutch team who pushed Italia to their limit and outplayed the Italians for the most part, but they still couldn’t get anything by the top of form Francesco Toldo.

In penalties, Italia broke their supposed jinx after Toldo kept three of the four penalties from conversion.

In the final Italia met the Champions of the World, France. Italia struck first, after a beautiful set up was finished off by Delvecchio.

They held this lead through 90 minutes and outplayed the French and were just waiting for the whistle, to set them off into celebration.

Yet it came a minute too late as a late push in the 4th minute of stoppage time saw the equalizer buried by the French.

But agony continued, as the French went on to bury the golden goal and send Italia home a runner up instead of with The European Championship, which was basically in their hands.

World Cup 2002 was one mauled with controversy for the Italians. The final result will read that the Italians were eliminated in shocking fashion to South Korea in extra time in the round of 16, but conspiracies arose as Italy was clearly done in by multiple inexcusably bad calls by the officials.

Italy had a handful of valid goals taken back throughout the tournament, but the most disastrous officiated match came against the hosts in what will be forever remembered as one of the biggest controversies in World Cup history.

But World Cup 2006 was where all this tragedy would be cured, as this was the year Italia, “The Azzurri” would win it all for the fourth time.

Italia wasn’t seen as a favorite at this tournament, as they had a lot of hopes on a recovering out of form Francesco Totti.

Italia worked hard to get past the first round by defeating Ghana and European disappointment Czech Republic. The team was gelling very nicely and had excellent chemistry and a deep bench, and began the start to an epic run for their fourth star.

In the round of 16 they drew a tough gritty side in Australia, coached by Hiddink the former coach of South Korea.

Australia worked them hard for the whole 90 minutes and they had to come together even more as a team, as they had to overcome an awful red card decision by the ref on Materazzi.

But Italia persevered behind the fighting Gennaro Gattuso who was an animal in the midfield. Then in stoppage time, Totti sent a long ball to Grosso who made two very nice moves to penetrate the defense and get inside the box where he cut back again beautifully in the box and was tripped up and rewarded a penalty.

Up stepped Totti, who buried the penalty to push Italia into the quarters where they would meet Ukraine. Italia came out firing in this match up with victory as their only option.

A great one two between Zambrotta and Totti led to a blast from Zambrotta from a distance to put Italia up and there they would stay for good after Luca Toni’s 2 headers iced it 3-0.

Then the semi finals match up with Germany, the host nation, clearly the best game of the tournament. This was a war.

Italia never had lost to Germany in The World Cup before and Germany had never lost in Dortmund, one trend had to end and after 118 minutes of scoreless soccer, Italia struck twice in extra time in glorious fashion, to push The Italians to the final vs. France.

In the Final, Italia were forced to once again overcome their penalties jinx and this time there was no stopping them as all five Italian shooters buried their penalties with authority to send Italia to their fourth World Cup Title.

Italia could easily be the No. 1 nation in the rankings if it wasn’t for the “Superga Air Disaster” back in 1949.

This tragic airplane crash killed off the bulk of the Italian National team and set Italia back a complete generation in International competition."

Thats why.

this
Internal
Internal
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by checazzofai Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:02 am

Italys current form is undefeated in Euro qualifying, and top of their group.

To be honest its not really debateable. In an ALL TIME list it goes Brazil 1 Italy 2. end of
checazzofai
checazzofai
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:54 am

I just gave explanation why italy is not number 2. Can italy fans tell me where did i make mistake? i rated them very highly at every point, but still they are not number 2
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next