Vlad the Impaler
The Franchise
juventus101
VanDeezNuts
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who is the Greatest Footballing Trio of All Time

Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time Vote_lcap2%Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time Vote_lcap32%Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 13 ]
Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time Vote_lcap22%Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 9 ]
Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time Vote_lcap10%Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 4 ]
Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time Vote_lcap5%Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time Vote_lcap2%Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time Vote_lcap7%Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time Vote_lcap10%Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 4 ]
Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time Vote_lcap7%Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time Vote_lcap0%Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 41

Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time Empty Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:33 pm

cantona, butt, scholes
messi, xavi, iniesta
van basten, gullit, rijkaard
trezeguet, del piero, nedved
di stefano, puskas, santamaria
deschamps, blanc, zidane
dalglish, souness, johnston
mueller, beckenbauer, uli hoeneß
henry, bergkamp, viera
pele, jairzinho, tostão
michael laudrup, brian laudrup, schmeichel

if you have any more that rival the above let me know.

discuss.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time Empty Re: Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time

Post by juventus101 Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:20 pm

Ronaldo, Rivaldo, and Ronaldinho from Brazil 2002 should be there, as I'd say they would be second, to the Juve trio of ADP, Trez, and Nedved (even though it should be a quartet with Camo too). I also wasn't watching soccer yet when Beckenbauer, Muller, and Hoeness were around, so I cannot comment on them.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time Empty Re: Greatest Footballing Trios of All Time

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:36 pm

true, i did leave off ronaldo, rivaldo, and dinho because i already had the 1970 pele brazil group who are considered one of the best teams of all time, but ronaldo rivaldo and dinho should be in the discussion.

this whole idea came from the whole messi xaviesta phenomena and i started thinking of trios who rival that because for me it is difficult to pick 3 players who are better, particularly in the modern age.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:44 pm

I would nominate 17 year Old Pele, Didi and Garrincha in this. They would make my top 3.

Just behind the Milan and Barca.

Ronaldo, Rivaldo, and Ronaldinho from Brazil 2002 would make top 8 I think. If Ronaldo never got hurt and lost some explosion, they would have been number 1 if I was to guess.

I assume Pele, Jairzinho, Tostão are there to have a Brazil 70's rep but I dont think thats the best 3. Tostao I believe only scored 1 goal in that tourny and by all accounts he wasnt a special player.

Gerson and Rivelino with Pele would be my 3, though it was a great team all around.

I would also include Cruyff, Neeskin and Krol. I dont think people realise how good Neeskens was.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:58 pm

Cantona, Butt, Scholes is a good choice, but not the best.

Man United's 1999 trio is better: Andrew Cole (24 goals), Dwight Yorke(29 goals) and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (18 goals).
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:26 pm

i debated putting the cruyff group in but i didnt want to seem biased by having 2 dutch groups in when i tried to keep it to 1 group per team/nation.

so franchise youre top 3 would be:

1. messi xaviesta
2. van basten, gullit, rijkaard
3. pele, didi, garrincha

?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:27 pm

Just saw that, no way Butt should be in.

Keane, Scholes, Giggs.....Hughes, Cantona and Bruce..few other combos you could have, none of them with Nicky Butt.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:28 pm

I was also going to say 70 brazil should be pele-rivelino-gerson, but franchise said it first. Jairzinho was not that great imo. Dont know which is the best but in terms of player quality i'd go with that brazil trio

And have to shout out the famous napoli ma-gi-ca attack of maradona, giordano, and careca. The latter two arent that famous being overshadowed by the former but they were pretty good
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:34 pm

What was the other Dutch one? I see Guiltt and Rijkaard but thats Milan.

That Ajax team must surely be the pride and joy of Holland, they have to be in.

Anyway, maybe thats my top 3...I would have to think a bit.

The Ajax one could be 3rd, so could the Brazil one. It depends.

If its about talent and best individuals then I dont think even the Barca trio are sure fure most talented...but I think its better to judge it by how well the trio played together, aslong with their talent and what level of play they acheieved.

The Milan team were great because that 3, but at least as much because of that legendary back 4.

Likewise the Barca team required players like Alves, Puyol and various different forwards to be what it was.

But yeah, when you add up everything the Barca and Milan 3's are my top 2. One of the Brazil ones, or the Ajax one coming in 3rd. The Madrid trio and Germany trio coming in just behind those probably.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:36 pm

Also a question about France. Zidane without doubt is in, but I cant include Blanc and disclude Desailly, to me Desailly was the better player. I would have to drop out the famous water carrier, Dechamps to put those two as a pair with Zizu.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:37 pm

i thought nicky butt was rated highly by united fans?

the late 90s is difficult to pick 3 clear united players, because there are so many that performed well imo. among those would have to be giggs, scholes, cole, keane, butt, cantona, hughes, solskjaer etc. as we know SAF is a highly rotational manager

also realize i was trying not to pick 3 forwards in a group because then that turns into a goal v goal tally thread.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:47 pm

The Franchise wrote:What was the other Dutch one? I see Guiltt and Rijkaard but thats Milan.

mvb, gullit and rijkaard work both as a milan trio and netherlands trio, its tough to separate them because they did wonders with both nt and milan, for me i see the 88 euro cup win the most iconic thing that particular trio did pairing with mvbs wonder goal in the final so i see them more as a dutch trio than a milan trio but i accept my bias.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:49 pm

Funny. When I think of those 3, its always Milan Kind of strange when you consider they had Maldini, Costucurta and of course Baresi. Your correct though of course it works either way.

Who is the best Milan 3? It much harder to make one because they have so many great players.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:24 pm

I think the Madrid trio should be Di Stefano, Puskas and Gento.

Santamaria was a damn good CB but in terms of legacy the other three were the more recognised "trio"
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:44 pm

i had di stefano, puskas, and gento originally but opted not to have 3 forwards like i did with the other groups.

but i agree with you zealous, i was just trying to make it all more balanced. because if i were being honest di stefano, puskas, and gento are by far the best attacking trio of all time- imo.

no votes for henry, viera, bergkamp- i think this group is underrated tbh, they might not have the star power of some of the other groups but as far as teamwork goes they are first class, and played some sexy football.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:49 pm

I agree, that Arsenal group is very underrated. I guess though Bergkamp was old and not quite at his best the same time Henry reached peak. Still though.

If we made it 4 man teams, it would be really intresting. Start throwing in guys like Pires/Overmars..or Puyol/Dani Alves....various others in all the teams actually.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:24 pm

Nihat Kovacevic Karpin

Valeron Luque Pandiani

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:31 pm

Djaminha, Diego Tristan/Makaay and Valeron >>>>>> Fluque and El broken Rifle
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:54 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Djalminha...what a little player

Pandiani :bow:

Forlan, Senna, Riquelme :bow:

Thumbs up
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:59 pm

Buffon, Crespo and Thuram :bow:

Nesta, Nedved and Veron :bow:

Ayala, Baraja and Aimar :bow:

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:38 pm

Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Rivaldo in 2002 according to my dad was the greatest ever trio attack.
Messi-Xavi-Iniesta great combination from the last 5 years though my favourite trio as a Barca fan was Ronaldinho-Eto-Messi. Henry-Eto-Messi was also great though Messi-Xavi-Iniesta was better...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:40 pm

Lavezzi, Cavani, Hamsik banana

Pretty sure it was the best attacking trio from Serie A in the last few years.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:39 am

I would add
Ronaldinho-Eto-Messi (this trio were at their pick)
Totti-Batistuta-Montella

billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:46 am

Ronaldinho-Eto'o-Deco was better than Ronaldinho-Eto'o-Messi
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:54 am

as an individual deco never reached messi level. as a group ronaldinho and messi understood each other better than ronaldinho and deco
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next