26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Josh McEachran Watch - 11/12 - Page 2 Empty Re: Josh McEachran Watch - 11/12

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:38 pm

Sepi wrote:
Magricos wrote: A bit overrated atm.

Tell me about it !!

9 appearances in top tier football (or any tier football) from which only 1-2 were starts and he is already better/more potential than players who are seasoned Premierleague players, Bundesliga, etc

I mean he is clearly a very talented player, but I gotta give it to Gil. He is the Zamprini of the forum Laughing , would make a great agent !!

Flanagan is the next Cafu then Shocked

Tbf to Gil, what he doe's is'nt a far cry from what i did with Carroll, only i got the whole forum to agree that he was god and he won god of the week Very Happy

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:40 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Sepi wrote:

Tell me about it !!

9 appearances in top tier football (or any tier football) from which only 1-2 were starts and he is already better/more potential than players who are seasoned Premierleague players, Bundesliga, etc

I mean he is clearly a very talented player, but I gotta give it to Gil. He is the Zamprini of the forum Laughing , would make a great agent !!

Tbf to Gil, what he doe's is'nt a far cry from what i did with Carroll, only i got the whole forum to agree that he was god and he won god of the week Very Happy

ahaha True. I was lurking in some toons communities, and most of them are willing to pay the 35M back and get AC back. Some of them acknowledge his performance in 5-1 thrashing of Sunderland as one of the bests they've seen from any Toon player in the past decade or sth.

but yea..I'd like to see Josh get playing minnutes regularly in top tier football, at places like Britannia or away at Anfield and see how he'd cope and then I'll be able to judge him more fairly

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:43 pm

Sepi wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Sepi wrote:

Tell me about it !!

ahaha True. I was lurking in some toons communities, and most of them are willing to pay the 35M back and get AC back. Some of them acknowledge his performance in 5-1 thrashing of Sunderland as one of the bests they've seen from any Toon player in the past decade or sth.

but yea..I'd like to see Josh get playing minnutes regularly in top tier football, at places like Britannia or away at Anfield and see how he'd cope and then I'll be able to judge him more fairly

Unfortunatly mate Ashley would'nt pay 10m to get him back so your safe Twisted Evil

I also share your sentiment's on Josh, i love watching his type of player more than any other i have some fetish toward's playmaker's with dribbling skills Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:53 pm

he needs a spell at Bolton just like Jack to bulk up! at Bolton Wilshere learnt how to be fiesty and became more of an all round player something Josh could do with. Even a move to Stoke would be beneficial
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:02 pm

He wont go out on loan... I was also thinking that a loan spell would be awesome for him but by the looks of it he would get a rotational role with Lampard now. Which is more awesome!! Very Happy
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:46 pm

punkfusion1992 wrote:Even a move to Stoke would be beneficial

He needs time to work with the ball, not watch it hoof up.

I wouldn't be too quick to send him on loan. We desperately need players like him with creativity to bring the ball up and not b2b midfielders. If he continues to give performances like he did yesterday then he will no doubt stay and he will definitely be given game time. Only time I can see him going on loan is if we sign Modric, because he'll be directly blocking him. But he does need to bulk up IMO

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:06 am

The best place for him is at Chelsea, IMO if we loan him he'll not grow in the area we want him to grow, such as his creativity.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:02 am

Gil wrote:Disagree.

Wilshere is a fantastic talent as we all know and is probably better player at this moment in time by the virtue of having played more top-level games, but that doesn't necessarily equate to him being more talented McEachran IMO. I love Wilshere's competitive edge and his bulldog instinct in the middle of the park..on the ball however McEachran is much better.

More natural on the ball, can spot a pass much better, has a lot more skill and is deceptively quick. Iniesta like if you will.

As good as Wilshere is he's still lacking that final pass at this point in his career and he isn't really as skillful as everyone tries to make out. You rarely see him do anything amazing with the ball unlike players in his age group of similar talent eg. Erikssen, Thiago, Gotze, McEachran, Henderson Laughing etc. Josh definitely has that in his locker though.

Two of them together would make one hell of a midfield duo though. Hopefully, Capello is out of the job soon so it'll happen in the near future.

Disagree

Just because Wilshere's play is more simply and tidy, doesn't automatically mean that every other player who likes to be a bit more flashy is better than him. Its not as if he has any problem beating defenders now, is it? You are criticizing him for being simple in his approach, but I really see that as a sign that he is more talented, not less. He just weaves through players. His body movement alone causes confusion, and we have all seen how he has managed to dribble his way through the best pressing team out there (Barca).

I also fail to see this "On the ball, Josh is definitely better" ? Wilshere's passing range is better, his vision is better and is a better technical player.
Just because you love Josh and he's a Chelsea player, doesn't automatically make him a "more talented" player. I was with you when you were hyping up Sturridge, but I just completely fail to see how Josh is more talented than Wilshere. Unless Wilshere gets injured, McEachran won't catch up.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:30 am

"Unless Wilshere gets injured, McEachran won't catch up."

I honestly think comparing one talented youngster with another talented youngster, when both have plenty to prove, is foolish but you can't just say that Wilshere would always be the better player? I can see what you were responding to but it's too early to say what will happen later in their careers, which is when the comparison would be fair.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:34 am

You're right, that might be rash on my part. Lets just see what the future brings then; maybe they'll both turn out to be WC players.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:47 am

You rarely see him do anything amazing with the ball unlike players in his age group of similar talent eg. Erikssen, Thiago, Gotze, McEachran, Henderson Laughing etc. Josh definitely has that in his locker though.

Thats because PL and La Liga are higher standard than Chelsea reserves Laughing
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:55 am

BeautifulGame wrote:

You rarely see him do anything amazing with the ball unlike players in his age group of similar talent eg. Erikssen, Thiago, Gotze, McEachran, Henderson Laughing etc. Josh definitely has that in his locker though.

He has actually played for the first team!

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:03 am

english_jewel wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

Are u referring to the match against Newcastle where he struggled and was eventually substituted? Or has he played more league matches and proved himself like Erikssen, Thiago, Gotze, Henderson etc?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:08 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

Are u referring to the match against Newcastle where he struggled and was eventually substituted? Or has he played more league matches and proved himself like Erikssen, Thiago, Gotze, McEachran, Henderson etc?

17 appearances for a 17 year old in his debut season is not bad....and nice to see you not mention any of the good games he has had, despite being played out of position by carlo

but as i said, he has plenty of proving to do and its stupid to compare a group of talented youngsters with each other

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:13 am

english_jewel wrote:

17 appearances for a 17 year old in his debut season is not bad....and nice to see you not mention any of the good games he has had, despite being played out of position by carlo

but as i said, he has plenty of proving to do and its stupid to compare a group of talented youngsters with each other

I referred to that match perhaps because thats the only PL game he has started in his career?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:13 am

Question:

How many of these appearances were starts?
How many were substitutes when Chelsea were winning the match?
How many were substitutions when Chelsea were losing, and eventually won the match after McE appeared?

These are honest questions btw, not me taking jabs or anything. I just want to know.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:26 am

BTW Thiago played as many games as Mceachran last season. And Eriksen plays in the dutch league....also how was Henderson for England recently?? Struggled not as much as Mceahcran vs Newcastle eh? Point is that you can't compare these guys when they haven't proven themselves yet, its only fair to compare them when they become big stars. They only have potential and they need to refine it to have any chance of being a big star, and anyone can fall out right now.

But anyone with an unbiased eye will say that Mceachran has a top future ahead of him, just like Wilshere or Henderson if he forgets about England, bar the fact that he needs to bulk up though.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:30 am

Iceman wrote:Question:

How many of these appearances were starts?
How many were substitutes when Chelsea were winning the match?
How many were substitutions when Chelsea were losing, and eventually won the match after McE appeared?

These are honest questions btw, not me taking jabs or anything. I just want to know.

Yes I agree with you, he hasn't been tested quite yet so far, but you have to consider the fact that he only turned 18 and you can't ask an 18 year old to be a game changer, you can rather though test his potential and play him here and there to develop him. That's what we have done, and he's done a good job bar the fact that he has played as a DM under Carlo, even though hes a CM. I'm not saying that he's all that right now as I think some people are misunderstanding but its easy to see that hell be a top player, modric style of play if you like, in the future.

BeautifulGame wrote:
english_jewel wrote:

I referred to that match perhaps because thats the only PL game he has started in his career?

OK so what are you trying to say?? I obviously do not agree with Gil's comparison with Wil, but whats your point??

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:41 am

Eriksen is one of the best players for Ajax and already a regular for Denmark NT and arguably was the best player in qualifier vs England.

Henderson has been one of Sunderland's best players and put in performances earned him a call up for NT.

Wilshere is one of Arsenal's best players this season and has even some quality games in CL.

I am not saying Mcheachran is rubbish he is a kid with massive potential.But comparing to players who had established in their teams as regualrs is a bit silly.

He is still not even ready for regular first football and only 17.He is similar to someone like Sterling(A similar youngster at Liverpool) IMO someone who needs time to develop.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:50 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
I am not saying Mcheachran is rubbish he is a kid with massive potential.But comparing to players who had established in their teams as regualrs is a bit silly.

He is still not even ready for regular first football and only 17.He is similar to someone like Sterling IMO someone who needs time to develop.

Yes, I totally agree that you cannot compare him with the regulars at another team. As of now, if you really want to compare them then they are better than Mceachran simply because they are playing regularly. But the only time a comparison would be fair is when they are in their peak years and then we can see who has done better. Even though getting in the starting 11 might be a big ask for him, I can see him being used as a super sub this season. As I said, he needs to bulk up to be up for the PL, but hopefully if he continues to offer creativity like he did vs Thailand then he can be used as a super sub, after all we need creativity.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CLEB Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:17 am

Iceman wrote:
I also fail to see this "On the ball, Josh is definitely better" ?

I think he means McEachran's more agile on the ball. He certainly looks to have a quicker turn and foot speed than Jack.

CLEB
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:28 am

CLEB wrote:
Iceman wrote:

I think he means McEachran's more agile on the ball. He certainly looks to have a quicker turn and foot speed than Jack.

welcome to the forums m8 Very Happy
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CLEB Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:39 am

ali8775 wrote:
CLEB wrote:
Iceman wrote:

Cheers fella. I used to be a member of the original (rarely posted) and thought I'd look in again.

CLEB
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:44 am

CLEB wrote:
ali8775 wrote:
CLEB wrote:
Iceman wrote:

Cheers fella. I used to be a member of the original (rarely posted) and thought I'd look in again.

what club do you support? :king:
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CLEB Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:56 am

ali8775 wrote:
CLEB wrote:
ali8775 wrote:
CLEB wrote:
Iceman wrote:

what club do you support? :king:

Chelsea, naturally Cool

CLEB
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:05 am

Well, he looks like the real deal.

@ Chelsea fans. How many appearances do you think he is going to make this season for the first team?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next