15 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Olympics 2024 - Page 2 Empty Re: Olympics 2024

Post by McLewis Thu Aug 01, 2024 6:42 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
McLewis wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
McLewis wrote:Disagree. Given Khelif was beaten by a woman with XX chromosomes, that proves her XY chromosomes do not give her an insurmountable advantage over all women with XX chromosomes.

This one instance does not provide a statistically significant basis to conclude that XY chromosomes dont generally provide an advantage in performance. Because obviously they do and one anecdotal example is not indicative of anything, i'm surprised you even made that argument

Khelif has a 9-5 record. That's 5 losses, all to women. Now I know for sure that 2 of those women, the aforementioned Harrington and fellow Irish boxer Amy Broadhurst, are not intersex. Even so, if Khelif was a "man" as so many are asserting, and given your response to Clutch, should she not be 14-0 right now? Let's remember, Khelif didn't even medal at the Tokyo Olympics. She lost in the quarterfinals. By your logic, she should have won gold and with relative ease given her "advantage" over XX Chromosome presenting women.

The conclusion I'm left with is that because she isn't sufficiently feminine enough for a lot of men, she doesn't belong in the division she's in. That's bullshit.

Guess they've never heard of or seen Cris Cyborg.

I'm not an MMA fan personally, but I do know of Cris Cyborg and never once have I seen a headline from any of these dweebs calling her a "man" during her dominant runs. Maybe that's because the likes of Amanda Nunes and Gina Carano were considered just as tough fighters as she was. Who knows. I do remember the likes of Chyna in WWE and the conversations around her as well as someone like Shayna Bazler nowadays.

What I do know is that the large majority of men are fucking weird when it comes to women's sports in general. This has never been more apparent to me than in the last couple of years since I've taken an interest in it.

Last edited by McLewis on Thu Aug 01, 2024 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 01, 2024 6:43 pm

McLewis wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
McLewis wrote:Disagree. Given Khelif was beaten by a woman with XX chromosomes, that proves her XY chromosomes do not give her an insurmountable advantage over all women with XX chromosomes.

This one instance does not provide a statistically significant basis to conclude that XY chromosomes dont generally provide an advantage in performance. Because obviously they do and one anecdotal example is not indicative of anything, i'm surprised you even made that argument

Khelif has a 9-5 record. That's 5 losses, all to women. Now I know for sure that 2 of those women, the aforementioned Harrington and fellow Irish boxer Amy Broadhurst, are not intersex. Even so, if Khelif was a "man" as so many are asserting, and given your response to Clutch, should she not be 14-0 right now? Let's remember, Khelif didn't even medal at the Tokyo Olympics. She lost in the quarterfinals. By your logic, she should have won gold and with relative ease given her "advantage" over XX Chromosome presenting women.

The conclusion I'm left with is that because she isn't sufficiently feminine enough for a lot of men, she doesn't belong in the division she's in. That's bullshit.

Imane was disqualified before and for good reason. This is not a personal crusade against Imane Khelif but about rules.

The reason why she is allowed at 2024 olympics is because they proclaimed that gender can't be solely defined by chromosomes and biological circumstances and that Khelif can compete against women because her identification is female in her documentation. That's not very convincing to me.

Her record (74% win rate) and having been beaten by cis women on occasion is not a compelling counter-argument to me either. While she doesnt have a perfect record, others will come in the future who will. It's about setting a precedent. Now this condition is probably rare and the transgender issue is more contentious, but still.

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Aug 01, 2024 6:52 pm

Myesyats wrote:
McLewis wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

Imane was disqualified before and for good reason. This is not a personal crusade against Imane Khelif but about rules.

The reason why she is allowed at 2024 olympics is because they proclaimed that gender can't be solely defined by chromosomes and biological circumstances and that Khelif can compete against women because her identification is female in her documentation. That's not very convincing to me.

Her record (74% win rate) and having been beaten by cis women on occasion is not a compelling counter-argument to me either. While she doesnt have a perfect record, others will come in the future who will. It's about setting a precedent. Now this condition is probably rare and the transgender issue is more contentious, but still.

The IOC hasn't gotten much right about this Olympics, but I do believe they got this right. This is a really complex situation, but for me the hill I'm going to die on here is this: She was born female, she identifies as female and the IOC has accepts that. If her opponents have an issue with that, they're free to forfeit. If viewers don't like it, we're free to not watch rather than engage in this performative, bigoted virtue-signaling given many don't watch women's sport at all.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:09 pm

McLewis wrote:The IOC hasn't gotten much right about this Olympics, but I do believe they got this right. This is a really complex situation, but for me the hill I'm going to die on here is this: She was born female, she identifies as female and the IOC has accepts that. If her opponents have an issue with that, they're free to forfeit. If viewers don't like it, we're free to not watch rather than engage in this performative, bigoted virtue-signaling given many don't watch women's sport at all.

Well, imagine devoting your entire life to training only to be met with that treatment. Men are going to dominate women's sports and we've come full circle. I dont want to live in such a patriarchal society myself.

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:25 pm

Myesyats wrote:
McLewis wrote:The IOC hasn't gotten much right about this Olympics, but I do believe they got this right. This is a really complex situation, but for me the hill I'm going to die on here is this: She was born female, she identifies as female and the IOC has accepts that. If her opponents have an issue with that, they're free to forfeit. If viewers don't like it, we're free to not watch rather than engage in this performative, bigoted virtue-signaling given many don't watch women's sport at all.

I dont want to live in such a patriarchal society myself.

Spare us from this rabble-rousing please, anyone with two braincells can see this whole controversy was manufactured by the extreme right to score some cheap political points.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:38 pm

I mean whatever you believe. I dont think dismissing everything just because its from a right-leaning account or a right-leaning source is unhealthy. This tribalism is insane to me. Fact-checking is important but the way you ignore everything that comes from one side just because you identify with the other is crazy.

This predicament we have here is quite rare, but on another note I personally dont see how you can be a feminist and also in favor of trans-women in cis-women sports. To me, these two cancel each other out.

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:48 pm

The right doesn't give a fuck about patriarchy, in fact they are the biggest purveyor of it.

Even if their intentions are honest on this one, it's hard to take them seriously because of myriad other cases in which they have shown their hands. i mean should i even go into them? Laughing like forcing a woman who has been raped to give birth doesn't exactly scream anti-patriarchal.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Aug 01, 2024 11:16 pm

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:58 am

McLewis wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
McLewis wrote:

Guess they've never heard of or seen Cris Cyborg.

I'm not an MMA fan personally, but I do know of Cris Cyborg and never once have I seen a headline from any of these dweebs calling her a "man" during her dominant runs. Maybe that's because the likes of Amanda Nunes and Gina Carano were considered just as tough fighters as she was. Who knows. I do remember the likes of Chyna in WWE and the conversations around her as well as someone like Shayna Bazler nowadays.

What I do know is that the large majority of men are fucking weird when it comes to women's sports in general. This has never been more apparent to me than in the last couple of years since I've taken an interest in it.

McLewis, let me tell you how it is as someone who did lean considerably more right a bit ago. I discovered a while ago for a lot of these issues mentioned, are not due to actual belief in the topic they spend time debating but a warped form of contrarianism. Men who stand for "tradition" to obsession with a woman's body count and hip to waist ratio to all these things that you know...men who dont have to think about these things, think about. The irony behind the entire thing is the critique of the entire ethos of women and how they should be...without doing anything about themselves.

It's being a loser, basically. Complaining about everything and anything unless you're willing to actually do something about it, including yourself let alone your personal appearance. And even then it's an odd form of voyeurism.

I dont watch female MMA bar very key fighters in that sphere but there is no doubt the sphere itself is growing in skill for women and thats only a good thing.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:59 am

Okay so if Khelif IS an actual woman...wtf is the problem? Laughing
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:06 am

Myesyats wrote:I mean whatever you believe. I dont think dismissing everything just because its from a right-leaning account or a right-leaning source is unhealthy. This tribalism is insane to me. Fact-checking is important but the way you ignore everything that comes from one side just because you identify with the other is crazy.

This predicament we have here is quite rare, but on another note I personally dont see how you can be a feminist and also in favor of trans-women in cis-women sports. To me, these two cancel each other out.

Proud
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:30 am

Mystats on fire

Fachts.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:45 am

Arquitecto wrote:Okay so if Khelif IS an actual woman...wtf is the problem? Laughing

Exactly. Laughing

Now that they got debunked they are shifting the goal posts.

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:56 am

Arquitecto wrote:
Myesyats wrote:I mean whatever you believe. I dont think dismissing everything just because its from a right-leaning account or a right-leaning source is unhealthy. This tribalism is insane to me. Fact-checking is important but the way you ignore everything that comes from one side just because you identify with the other is crazy.

Proud

Forgive me if i'm simply too dismissive toward these people who are well-known frauds Arq. in recent years i have became so cynical toward their intentions because it's obvious at this point what they are trying to push on poor unsuspecting people who are not fully aware of the level of manipulation that is currently going in online spaces.

You just know any time someone like Musk opens his mouth they are not actually personally concerned about said subject, they are just pushing their own agenda, why else do you think he bought Twitter.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:01 pm

Myesyats wrote:

Neither Imane Khelif or Lin Yu-ting are trans. This right here is the reason I don't give right-wing media the benefit of the doubt. They've constantly misgendered these women to generate clicks, which generates profit. They're not interested in the inconvenient fact that neither of these women are what they've convinced millions of people they are. Everything they've said about this has been in bad faith.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:10 pm

@Pedram I'd say you're pretty unsuspecting if you think it's a one-way street

Both sides are pushing an agenda, Musk openly admitted he bought Twitter because of far-left people from San Francisco Laughing

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:20 pm

Arquitecto wrote:I actually agree there because the trans-obsessed culture warriors you speak about, similar to the anti-abortion brigade all of which lean to the right are essentially, bad faith artists so its hard to take their views seriously given they dont actually believe in them.

Im more interested to hear further on your views on this honestly, if you would

It's a complex topic, but I believe there should be a cutoff. An adult male athlete shouldn't just transition and be allowed to compete in women's sports. The grey area lies in earlier transitions, where questions about supposed physical advantages become less clear. This isn't one of those cases, the boxer in question never had male organs and has been a women her whole life.

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:21 pm

Myesyats wrote:@Pedram I'd say you're pretty unsuspecting if you think it's a one-way street

Both sides are pushing an agenda, Musk openly admitted he bought Twitter because of far-left people from San Francisco Laughing

Never said it is, of course the left does propaganda too, what do you take me for?

The point is you gotta see when one side is clearly acting in bad faith after it's been proven they are lying. they got instantly debunked yesterday yet they still push the "men against women sport" bullshit line.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:25 pm

Myesyats wrote:@Pedram Musk openly admitted he bought Twitter because of far-left people from San Francisco Laughing

Old Twitter might have been quick to ban conservatives for dubious reasons but I didn't feel like any agenda was being shoved down my throat. I didn't follow any politics pages so I didn't get any political content.

Since Musk took over my entire timeline is just videos of black people attacking white people and trans hysteria posts Laughing I didn't seek any of this content.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Aug 02, 2024 3:09 pm

This is pretty definitive from the IOC. I would love to say this statement should put this to bed, but I know better. The grifters aren't satisfied with the money they've made off of dehumanizing these women.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:56 pm

farfan wrote:
Myesyats wrote:@Pedram Musk openly admitted he bought Twitter because of far-left people from San Francisco Laughing

Old Twitter might have been quick to ban conservatives for dubious reasons but I didn't feel like any agenda was being shoved down my throat. I didn't follow any politics pages so I didn't get any political content.

Since Musk took over my entire timeline is just videos of black people attacking white people and trans hysteria posts Laughing I didn't seek any of this content.

It's been fine for me for most of the time since Elon bought it in 2022. I actually felt that it filtered stuff I didn't want to see pretty well

But recently it has gone to shit and the "not interested" button doesnt work. I keep hitting "show less from this account" but nothing happens. My suspicion is that they've started pushing more right wing content leading up to the election and you realistically can't get rid of it.

I was thinking about what might be the reason behind it but it must be because of election season.

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:22 pm

Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:33 pm

I guess the only way is to stick to the "following" rather than the "for you" section. Otherwise I find the app barely usable nowadays, the only positive is that OF whores stopped showing up for me but they're still all over the comments

There's so much porn on twitter it's almost like these people dont know ph exists. Its insane.

Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:04 pm

Lacazette was awful today

I could see that FT fight from weeks ago. I just knew it'd happen.

The referee handled this game magnificently
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 02, 2024 10:17 pm

Annnnd a French player gets red carded Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:10 pm

What's happened to Argentina?  I used to like them.  Now they've become racist wannabe gangsters who are looking to fight everyone...  and have about as much class as a 10-cent prostitute.  

Argentinians in Miami are very arrogant too... but well mannered.  Know plenty of lovely Argentinians. What is it with the football players though?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next