Nishankly
BarcaLearning
RealGunner
Mr Nick09
S
27 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Not Worthy of a Thread Mk. III - Page 4 Empty Re: Not Worthy of a Thread Mk. III

Post by Myesyats Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:22 am

BarcaLearning wrote:Not sure where to put this put just saw this randomly n bit shocked, just wandering what ppl think about this claim? This former ref think like a third of ppl related to football are gay or bi?

https://www.marca.com/en/football/2022/08/25/6307971be2704ecb228b45a3.html

well a person is born gay, so not sure why would the percentage be unusually high for football players, spending time with sweaty men doesnt turn you gay afaik

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Not Worthy of a Thread Mk. III - Page 4 Empty Re: Not Worthy of a Thread Mk. III

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:00 pm

Not safe for life viewing:

Marcelo smh
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:44 pm

Extremely unfortunate. Freak accident
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:04 pm

Gruesome. Hoping for a speedy recovery!
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:58 am

Carlos Tevez becomes the coach of independiente, a struggling ex great team. Will probably end in relegation but entertaining until then.

Also Luciano Gondou is the Argentine Kane. From Argentinos Juniors, the club that gave us Maradona. Heard it here first.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:41 am

https://www.spraytm.com/2021/11/05/inventors-of-vanishing-aerosol-soccer-foam-win-lawsuit/

Saw it on those shorts feed, anyone know anything about this? Apparently the foam spray 'invention' was by 2 Brazilians n FIFA didnt compensate them for using it n was fined by a Brazilian court 100M or so? Lol?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:22 pm

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/40399293/ex-italy-star-roberto-baggio-family-robbed-gunpoint

Not sure if its just news we get worldwide nowadays n in the past we just didnt know, or are the robbers getting more n more ballsy with little respect for legend like Baggio? Its like every month I read a big name footballer gets robbed...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:00 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/40399293/ex-italy-star-roberto-baggio-family-robbed-gunpoint

Not sure if its just news we get worldwide nowadays n in the past we just didnt know, or are the robbers getting more n more ballsy with little respect for legend like Baggio? Its like every month I read a big name footballer gets robbed...

They tend to have more money than they know what to do with, and they also tend to spend a lot of time away from their homes, so it makes sense that criminals choose to target professional football players, specifically. If they’re desperate enough to rob someone in the first place, I can’t imagine they have much resoect for anyone but themselves.

Retired legends like, Baggio are probably easy targets since they’re no longer as relevant as they once were. I know it’s becoming more and more common for modern, high profile players to invest in their private security. I don’t think that’s always been a norm.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:31 am

Not to sound like a stupid Texan, but home robberies are almost non existent where I live for a reason.. you don’t know what’s waiting for you behind the door
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:37 am

Home robberies are almost non-existent here as well, although the majority of people go through their lives never having seen a gun.

I may be wrong, but I do believe guns are more common in Italy than they are in Scandinavia. A friend of mine took a picture from outside a pub in italy where there was a sign saying that guns are not permitted to be brought inside Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:06 am

FennecFox7 wrote:Not to sound like a stupid Texan, but home robberies are almost non existent where I live for a reason.. you don’t know what’s waiting for you behind the door

don't give up your gun rights! those Texan sawn-off shotguns go crazy!

home break-ins aren't such a big threat in the small town i grew up in, nevertheless my grandfather always had his rifle handy just in case Cool
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:07 am

Thimmy wrote:Home robberies are almost non-existent here as well, although the majority of people go through their lives never having seen a gun.

same, its more about the culture and the people rather than the absence or presence of guns.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:21 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Thimmy wrote:Home robberies are almost non-existent here as well, although the majority of people go through their lives never having seen a gun.

same, its more about the culture and the people rather than the absence or presence of guns.

This 100%. I’m at a resort in Spain right now, and it looks like a prick has been hired to guard our balcony when we’re away.

Not Worthy of a Thread Mk. III - Page 4 Img_5411
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:35 pm

Myesyats wrote:

I don't think armed robberies are part of any culture Laughing It's more about the extent of organized crime in a given country and the government's inability to properly deal with it.

The criminals targeting high net worth individuals aren't just your average street criminals, they're usually part of highly organized, sometimes transnational crime outfits.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:04 pm

farfan wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

It's more about the extent of organized crime in a given country and the government's inability to properly deal with it.

Which often boils down to socioeconomic factors and a wide range of other factors that are based around culture. Culture is not just food, music and fun stuff Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:44 pm

i agree with farfan here... saying robberies are part of a particular culture is borderline racist
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jun 25, 2024 10:06 pm

I do think it’s based around culture, but not the type of culture that’s distinctive to a particular nation or race/ethnicity of people, but rather the amalgamation of several factors that shapes the foundation for these things to more easily occur. I don’t know what that has to do with race. It’s an unfortunate circumstance of various factors. It would be racist or prejudistic to suggest that people are born that way.

Hooliganism and skateboarding are also cultures, and as much as I loved skateboarding when I was a kid, and don’t think it should be stigmatized like it was during the 80s and before, I’d be lying to myself if I’d said that there aren’t socioeconomic factors tied to the culture and lifestyle that affects the average of skateboarders that become hooligans or criminals. If the social basis for such things to occur is present to a greater extent than elsewhere, clearly it’s going to be more likely to occur more frequently.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:05 pm

El Gunner wrote:i agree with farfan here... saying robberies are part of a particular culture is borderline racist

I don’t believe anyone said that. I’m saying that cultural circumstances affect the occurence of it.

I remember reading some crazy statistics in regard to how many English wives were hospitalized as a result of domestic abuse every time England were knocked out of an international competition in football.

Clearly, that’s a negative culture that can be largely traced back to the same areas of England and explained with simple data that doesn’t concern race or ethnicity.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:33 am

i think we have different definitions for the word "culture", you're using it very loosely
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:47 am

While I typically think of things such as different culinary experiences, traditional outfits and music that are distinctive to each country when I hear the word 'culture', I think that's just because it's most commonly used to refer to those things that are easy to grasp. If anything, it's a loose term. What's your definition of culture?

Not Worthy of a Thread Mk. III - Page 4 Skjer116
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:21 am

Im not saying stealing is a part of any culture, but some cultures have more respect for individual property than others

economic disparities also play a part but I know the type of people that won't ever steal even if they're poor af, and that's part of the customs and tradition for these people.

I watch Bobby lee a lot who is an asian comedian and what stuck with me is that he always says that people in Asia will usually just apologize and go their separate ways if they get into a car accident whereas in America you are getting a lawsuit in your face. That is a cultural disparity

Some cultures don't even value their own property I guess
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:50 am

like farfan alluded to, poverty and unequal distribution of wealth is the main, if not sole, reason for robbing and stealing... let's not try to get cute and disrespect certain groups of people
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:57 am

I get the impression that we’re arguing about semantics here, rather than actually disagreeing about something.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:00 pm

Are you denying basic differences between cultures? I thought it was common knowledge that some cultures emphasize different things

For example, I can't even begin to count how many memes I have seen throughout the years with regard to (east mainly)Asian parents being very strict and demanding and saying A is never enough in school because you can always get A+. This is one of the reasons why Asian students excel and outperform everyone in education.

Asian culture also is characterized by respect for authority, which is why they respect teachers and rarely cause trouble which can result in superior academic performance.

These are cultural differences and practices.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jun 26, 2024 12:12 pm

no, i'm saying robbery isn't part of any "culture"
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:40 pm

You are arguing with a nonexistent claim though. Obviously robbery isn't part of any culture, but elements that could potentially lead to theft are

Some cultures respect authority and individual property more than others, some are more comfortable with nudity than others, but its not only related to negative concepts also academic excellence etc

It's only one of the factors, alongside economic ones and others. But the concept of a "culture shock" exists for a reason
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next