titosantill
El Gunner
sportsczy
27 posters

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Mbappe may be headed to EPL - Page 9 Empty Re: Mbappe may be headed to EPL

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:59 pm

futbol_bill wrote:If we are the jilted girlfriend you are the current mistress.

Most of us feel we didn’t want him nor need him. And that’s based mostly on his overly dramatic antics, selfishness plus all the different demands you said he would insist on. Quite frankly his ego would have been a huge detriment to the team dynamics that currently exists.

Real Madrid fans have been crying a river since he left them standing at the wedding altar in 2022...  have never seen a bigger bunch of entitled (and ignorant) fans in my life frankly.

Especially since Madrid has done much worse to other clubs when they had the most money.  Remember how Carlo was signed?  Zidane?  Figo?  Bayern and Milan are the only clubs that stood up to Madrid because they didn't need the money and matched the players wages (Ribery and Pirlo).  But all the back channel conversations behind clubs' backs... that was Madrid's specialty.  Still doing it today.

The hypocrisy at Real Madrid is unmatched.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:00 pm

And your hypocrisy with PSG is just as shameful. Realty is most players still dream to play at Madrid, not because of money, but of the opportunity to play on most successfully run club in the world! I’ve lost count of how many players have said when Madrid comes knocking, you better jump on train, because you likely only have the one chance.

As to talking behind club’s back that happens all the time with most clubs. To me, it’s part of due diligence as club wants to know more about player beyond his futbol talents. Things like attitude are equally important before making any offer or approach to existing club. When I was doing due diligence in helping the bank I worked for submit offers to buy smaller banks, we did lots of investigations into target bank before starting a due diligence exercise and then got into everything with the target bank before any offer was made and before anything in public view.

Yes, Madrid did offer more money to Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo (although in his case it was payback for Barca taking Luis Enrique), but it wasn’t double as reported with PSG. And Flo has always operated on a sound financial basis with a smart salary ladder with a heavy relationship to value to team. Plus he dumped Ronaldo, when Barca wouldn’t do the same with Messi when one player’s salary was so in excess of everyone else that it put expenses way beyond income. That’s something I anxious await to see how PSG will handle that!

I get that your Madrid experience is literally over with, but your constantly spewing hatred towards Flo and a lot of fans is getting tiresome. Enjoy your tier 2 league and Mbappe’s playground and we’ll continue to enjoy our continued run of success ignoring your hatred.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:33 pm

Anyhow, Riolo and Rothen of RMC sport have direct connections to the Mbappe clan. In fact, Mbappe gave Rothen the interview where he announced that he was staying at PSG in 2022.

If you want information that is likely properly sourced to Mbappe, follow those two.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:45 pm

sportsczy wrote:Anyhow, Riolo and Rothen of RMC sport have direct connections to the Mbappe clan. In fact, Mbappe gave Rothen the interview where he announced that he was staying at PSG in 2022.

If you want information that is likely properly sourced to Mbappe, follow those two.

.?? How is that any different to anything I said. as I said above, it happens all the time and is a part of proper due diligence.

Are you saying PSG didn’t have any conversation with Neymar and his father before submitting their offer to Barca? But then again, maybe you are right as for sure they didn’t check into his personality!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:31 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Anyhow, Riolo and Rothen of RMC sport have direct connections to the Mbappe clan. In fact, Mbappe gave Rothen the interview where he announced that he was staying at PSG in 2022.

.?? How is that any different to anything I said. as I said above, it happens all the time and is a part of proper due diligence.

Are you saying PSG didn’t have any conversation with Neymar and his father before submitting their offer to Barca? But then again, maybe you are right as for sure they didn’t check into his personality!

It wasn't directed at you. I was genuinely moving on from our argument

Re Neymar and PSG - With an exit clause, players can talk to anyone they want. It gives players the unilateral right. It started broadly for all industries in 1985, but FIFA only accepted it in 2001 (which then allowed players to use exit clauses). It's compulsory in Spain. But not so anywhere else... and illegal in France. Without such a clause, the player needs to ask permission from their club otherwise both the player and the offending club can be sanctioned. So the famous dinner where Perez asked Zidane "do you want to join" was actually illegal. Juve didn't make a stink of it because they want to maintain good relations with clubs they can buy and sell players from. But they could have. Madrid was usually slick about it as they had intermediaries make contact. Still underhanded and entitled.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:00 pm

It is a bit comical though when a player or club or agent puts up resistance to Real Madrid their fans endlessly cry as if he is supposed to drop any demand or desire and go to their club regardless of the state.

Which is odd because its always rebuked by saying "we didn't need him anyway we have xyz"

The love story between Real and Mbappe is so obvious bc the fans want him so bad but the easiest path possible and refuse to admit he is a sizeable gap above anyone they have. Haaland or Mbappe, for both of them thats the reality.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:19 pm

Arg, I say you are missing a large part of the story. Sure we all wanted him the first time around but he throughly screwed Perez. Rightfully or not Perez believe he had a verbal agreement with him and his mother. Of course nothing was in writing and yes he was entitled to his change of mind, but point is it had never, at least to Perez before. So in the interim, the rebuilding a new team continued with a lot of success. How many teams do you know that still win while transitioning. So along comes Mbappe again and just as some of us suspected. He was playing the same game again, using Perez to get a better offer. Sure Mbappe is better than what we have, but at what cost (I’m not referring to money) would it be to our nicely integrated and performing team. We may not win the CL this year, but I wouldn’t count us out. The lineup is just missing 2 pieces and although either Mbappe or Haaland could fill one of those spots, neither is available and could (I’m certain in the case of Mbappe) really disrupt what we already have. That’s why we are content with not getting him. You don’t have to have the top player to win. I rather have a lineup that is filled with top 5 or so at their position.

In the case of Vinicius, sports has been bashing him for past 4 years and simply doesn’t recognize how good he has become. He still has a up side, particularly as he matures and learns to control his emotions. He also is learning a lot from Bellingham who I say is already a top player with an enormous up side. I agree Mbappe may be better, but the margin is no where near what Sports is bragging about. I throughly believe in a couple of years, Haaland will be way better than Mbappe as his confinement to a 2 tier league will hurt him.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:27 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Sports:"Mbappe is not moving because he is essentially the new Victor Hugo of Paris why he isn't choosing to move to Madrid into the elitist hands of Perez why he has chosen more money to give to the people of Port du Clichy"

That's not it at all.

A career is all about compromises whether it's football or any other profession once you've established yourself.  There are 6 main factors typically (in no particular order as it's different for everyone):

1-  location
2-  compensation
3-  environment and culture (within the organization)
4-  job description
5-  success (career growth, etc.)
6-  stability

It's a formula.  For example, if a company offers me stability for the rest of my life, I may compromise on some of the other aspects.  Similarly, if I'm being offered 2x the wages of any other company, while still painting an acceptable level of success, then I may compromise on other things.

All I'm saying is that there is a compensation number where Mbappe, within the confines of his minimum threshold for all the other variables, would make sense to choose to stay at PSG.  

He's not ruining his career by any stretch of the imagination other than the "jilted girlfriend" crowd here.  He owes absolutely nothing to Real Madrid or La Liga.  we're not talking about taking a pay cut from 2 million to 1 million.  It's 70 million to 27 million while playing in his home country, at his childhood club, that competes every year for CL AND with a very good squad and manager.

These are the sort of things that the average person considers when making decisions about their career. Still, I imagine that someone trying to be the best/greatest ever in their role/industry would be less inclined to make compromises, particularly ones that affect their potential legacy.

There is no reasonable argument that justifies staying at PSG when trying to create a legacy of being the best in the world/best ever. Without any concern for whether the next step is Madrid or not, the simple fact is that he needs to be playing in a higher level league in a team that competes for (and has a reasonable potential to win) the CL. Maybe I'm biased, but inasmuch as PSG are present in the CL, they've never felt like they have what it takes to actually win (not unlike City pre-Haaland). Outside of the CL, the level of competition they face every week just doesn't give him the room to develop to his full potential, and that alone should give him pause to consider whether the decisions he makes for his career are justified.

In terms of salary, while PSG may offer a better salary package, Madrid likely give a better platform to leverage image rights, which are likely more valuable. So the gap in overall income probably isn't too different.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:06 pm

You're assuming that he won't be the best while at PSG.  Big assumption.  He is going to shatter all the world cup scoring records and he already has one of them.  He's going to play the Euro this summer... and favored to win that.

I see the young players that PSG brought in what Enrique is trying to do.  Absolutely do not count them out.

I also feel that Mbappe doesn't give two hoots about what the accepted path to anything is.  He wants his own path (obviously).
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:47 pm

Still, hyping a second tier league! A league that even Mariano manage to get 20 goals. You are leaving behind a lots of posts that we will reserve for future use!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:21 am

futbol_bill wrote:Still, hyping a second tier league! A league that even Mariano manage to get 20 goals. You are leaving behind a lots of posts that we will reserve for future use!

Better than one in a third-tier country with delusions of grandeur,
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:20 am

Spain is the best country in the world.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:49 am

Arquitecto wrote:It is a bit comical though when a player or club or agent puts up resistance to Real Madrid their fans endlessly cry as if he is supposed to drop any demand or desire and go to their club regardless of the state.

Which is odd because its always rebuked by saying "we didn't need him anyway we have xyz"

The love story between Real and Mbappe is so obvious bc the fans want him so bad but the easiest path possible and refuse to admit he is a sizeable gap above anyone they have. Haaland or Mbappe, for both of them thats the reality.

You know not the situation at all. For me, since the cl win in 2022, we didn't need mbappe. That cl win revealed many truths. And that truth sports will never be able to deny. We really don't need him. We already got plenty of cl winners on the team to get the job done. CL wins hold the most clout in europe.

And truthfully despite still thinking we need a cf, i am very satisfied with current team as is. Benzema's legacy has been inherited by vinicus jr, rodrygo, and most impressively bellingham. I actually wish to see how this team will grow as the season progresses.even if we dont win the league or cl. Mbappe is still trying to cosplay cr7 when real madrid has long moved on from the cr7 era. We dont need that.
Could RM be reinforced? Ofc they can but as of rn i feel we need a cf. Just in case joselu is injured. I hope mbappe stays at psg. We genuinely dont need the guy. We need a cf more than we do mbappe and that's just for tactical flexibility. After all, that's what Carlo asked and yet flo refuses to listen to him.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:47 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:It is a bit comical though when a player or club or agent puts up resistance to Real Madrid their fans endlessly cry as if he is supposed to drop any demand or desire and go to their club regardless of the state.

You know not the situation at all. For me, since the cl win in 2022, we didn't need mbappe. That cl win revealed many truths. And that truth sports will never be able to deny. We really don't need him. We already got plenty of cl winners on the team to get the job done. CL wins hold the most clout in europe.

And truthfully despite still thinking we need a cf, i am very satisfied with current team as is. Benzema's legacy has been inherited by vinicus jr, rodrygo, and most impressively bellingham. I actually wish to see how this team will grow as the season progresses.even if we dont win the league or cl. Mbappe is still trying to cosplay cr7 when real madrid has long moved on from the cr7 era. We dont need that.
Could RM be reinforced? Ofc they can but as of rn i feel we need a cf. Just in case joselu is injured. I hope mbappe stays at psg. We genuinely dont need the guy. We need a cf more than we do mbappe and that's just for tactical flexibility. After all, that's what Carlo asked and yet flo refuses to listen to him.

This

Could Mbappe improve our team? of course, but we are at a point where he's not essential anymore, Flo's squad management and some smart signings basically guaranteed we'll be strong enough to be competitive in CL for years to come.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:45 pm

I just want to add this.. Mbappe’s mom, to my knowledge, has the final say in everything he does. Period. Just to put some things into perspective, it might seem like Mbappe is playing teams for a higher payday, but from what I know, that’s basically the chain of command.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:58 pm

I think parents should be banned from acting as agents. The only on I have ever heard that was good (in terms of what is best for career) was Michael Jordan’s mother.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:05 pm

sportsczy wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:If we are the jilted girlfriend you are the current mistress.

Most of us feel we didn’t want him nor need him. And that’s based mostly on his overly dramatic antics, selfishness plus all the different demands you said he would insist on. Quite frankly his ego would have been a huge detriment to the team dynamics that currently exists.

Real Madrid fans have been crying a river since he left them standing at the wedding altar in 2022...  have never seen a bigger bunch of entitled (and ignorant) fans in my life frankly.

Especially since Madrid has done much worse to other clubs when they had the most money.  Remember how Carlo was signed?  Zidane?  Figo?  Bayern and Milan are the only clubs that stood up to Madrid because they didn't need the money and matched the players wages (Ribery and Pirlo).  But all the back channel conversations behind clubs' backs... that was Madrid's specialty.  Still doing it today.

The hypocrisy at Real Madrid is unmatched.

We won the CL in 2022 after kicking your boy out in R16.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:41 pm

sportsczy wrote:

How can they be if they've made 1 CL final, 1 semi, and 4 quarter finals in the last 10 years.., without missing CL a single year.  

The comparison should be to RMad, which over that same timeframe have WON 5 times, 3 semi finals and 2 exits on knockouts. And often the lineup was viewed as weak, no bench or as you stated way to often not athletic enough.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:18 am

futbol_bill wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

How can they be if they've made 1 CL final, 1 semi, and 4 quarter finals in the last 10 years.., without missing CL a single year.  

The comparison should be to RMad, which over that same timeframe have WON 5 times, 3 semi finals and 2 exits on knockouts.  And often the lineup was viewed as weak, no bench or as you stated way to often not athletic enough.

Why?  Because Real Madrid is the center of the universe?  Nobody gives two shits about Real Madrid other than Real Madrid fans.  Get over yourselves.

PSG has offered Mbappe 400 million euros net over 4 years in wages + bonuses:  https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/transferts/mercato-paris-lui-a-propose-400m-pour-quatre-ans-assure-stephane-guy-sur-l-offre-du-psg-a-mbappe_AV-202401181014.html

Anyhow, the deadline per his agreement with PSG is that he'll decide before the Real Sociedad CL game.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:15 am

FennecFox7 wrote:I just want to add this.. Mbappe’s mom, to my knowledge, has the final say in everything he does. Period. Just to put some things into perspective, it might seem like Mbappe is playing teams for a higher payday, but from what I know, that’s basically the chain of command.

Not really Fennec. He's from Fayza in summer 2023:

“His dad wanted him to stay, and the lawyer and I wanted him to leave,” she told Le Parisien with remarkable candour. “(But) none of us three decide. When Kylian wants something, you can (try to) do whatever you want. (But) he will do it.”

“It is,” she added with a smile, “his Kabyle side that stands out.”

https://theathletic.com/4618402/2023/06/21/kylian-mbappe-transfer-mum-contract/
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:11 am

So Mbappes definitely dateline to decide whether to stay at PSG or goto another club is mid Feb. right? What about the winter transfer window that closes by then does it matter?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:07 pm

Not at all. He’s a free agent. He can sign at any time. It’s not a transfer.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:21 pm

sportsczy wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

The comparison should be to RMad, which over that same timeframe have WON 5 times, 3 semi finals and 2 exits on knockouts.  And often the lineup was viewed as weak, no bench or as you stated way to often not athletic enough.

Why?  Because Real Madrid is the center of the universe?  Nobody gives two shits about Real Madrid other than Real Madrid fans.  Get over yourselves.

PSG has offered Mbappe 400 million euros net over 4 years in wages + bonuses:  https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/transferts/mercato-paris-lui-a-propose-400m-pour-quatre-ans-assure-stephane-guy-sur-l-offre-du-psg-a-mbappe_AV-202401181014.html

Anyhow, the deadline per his agreement with PSG is that he'll decide before the Real Sociedad CL game.

That’s an amazing petty take on this. Seems like you are the one that’s bitter.

A little background perspective on my post. It was you who stated months ago that Mbappe wanted to go elsewhere to solidify his legacy by leading a team to championships, that he wanted to go to a winner or strong team that had the potential to succeed. That narrowed down to RMad and a few EPL teams. Then when someone question the viability of PSG to meet that criteria, you posted how good PSG has been. My post was simply pointing out how far away from Madrid, your team is from being a winner.

At this point, it seems like you are the only one waiting on his decision revelation! Both Liverpool and RMad have already moved on.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:15 pm

I just find it very annoying that Real Madrid fans feel like "if you don't accept to come to our shithole, your football career has failed" or "you're not that good anyhow".

What kind of entitled nonsense is the first part.  The second part is a bit more understandable.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:40 pm

If theres no deadline for him to decide, then the rumours are just gonna stay constant n forever then zZZZzZZzzz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:49 pm

sportsczy wrote:I just find it very annoying that Real Madrid fans feel like "if you don't accept to come to our shithole, your football career has failed" or "you're not that good anyhow".

What kind of entitled nonsense is the first part.  The second part is a bit more understandable.

It doesn't necessarily have to be Real Madrid, he just needs to move out of Ligue 1 to be taken seriously.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next