Vibe
El Gunner
BarcaLearning
26 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Euro 2024 - Page 8 Empty Re: Euro 2024

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:15 pm

sportsczy wrote:Portugal take Spain too imo... as talented as any team in its starting 11. My issue with Spain is it's going to be beautiful or bust. The tactics remind me very much of the Lille days of Rudi Garcia. Plan A is incredibly good. But there is no plan B. It was ok if you had talent of Spain from 2008-2012. But the talent isn't dominant enough to not have a plan B.

To me, I find it astounding how you under rate teams. You were dead wrong about Real Madrid and I say same with what you are now saying about Spain. This starting lineup is not far off the Spanish team that won their first Euro. That team didn’t have a strong bench which is the case now. That Spanish regime didn’t have a talented bench until 2008. Nico, Yamal, Pedri may be young but they are talented, as good as any of the teams you are talking about bar Mbappe. The fullbacks have been fantastic. Rodri is far more talented than Busquets was. Fabián thus far has been outstanding. And all CBs, portero and Morata have been more than adequate. The overall talent level of starters is no worse than the teams you are talking about bar your country. And the tactics of this team is far superior than the tiki taca reign. That team also didn’t have the overall scoring talent as this one relying on Villa magic. Same can be said about your team as Mbappe is the only reliable scorer.

We will see how far this team will go, but I’ll be surprised if your analysis is correct!

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:05 pm

Wonderful start for Holanda exposing France’s defense. Are you watching Sports?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:20 pm

Kante is still world class, wonderful to see. Shame he went over there, Chelsea could have really used a Kante.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:41 pm

Is De Vrij really that good to start over De Ligt?

Thuram still looks lost for France... if he dont improve, Deschamps have to find another no.9, n not Mauni, or just dont play a 9 n have another player playing a similar role to compliment?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:43 pm

France are playing way too conservative, they let Netherlands to dominate them

If they win it is because of the sheer quality of their squad but the tactics are southgate-esque.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:49 pm

Very entertaining first half.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:54 pm

Deschamps masterclass lol. 2 DMs, a CB playing RB, a midfielder playing left wing, a CF that isn't a scorer. Frankly, we could play the sisters of mercy and we'd never score. We'll never take a goal either.

But we have so many weapons and we play like this.

Worse, I've never seen France play this 11 and this tactic. So players don't know what they're doing.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:58 pm

It should be considered a crime to have a squad like this play in this way. Deschamps and Southgate should be tried for war crimes

As awful as Koeman is, at the very least his Netherlands side seems fearless, flairful and really enjoying themselves out there.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:59 pm

Coman n Barcola etc. arent used either, what happened to Nkunku? Hes too good to not feature...

Anyway, missed some chances but cant help but feel both teams wouldnt go all out to win anyway cos its just safe to draw n qualify together? Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:56 pm

Very Happy Did it, won the correct score bet Very Happy Knew France would struggle obviously with Mbappe out n Netherlands average up front Razz Some luck n also both teams didnt need to go for it really...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:58 pm

That just may have been the most entertaining match thus far! I think the Dutch were robbed to have the goal called back. No way the portero would have stopped that shot with or without the man offside.

Plus if the goal stood, it would have meant France would be on opposite side of bracket to Spain, likely with Portugal as the other quality team over there.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:10 pm

France were the better team no doubt.  Dominant at times even in the French style of playing.  Griezmann just couldn't put in tap ins.  

Typical Deschamps match though.  You play for the draw, try your luck here and there to win, knowing the worse team is the 3rd game and Austria will be hard on the Netherlands.

Also, Dumphries was sitting right in front of the keeper in an offside position.  So the France keeper not only couldn't see the ball to maybe move to a better position but couldn't dive either because the player was in his way.

The Netherlands had 2 chances worth mentioning.  One in the first minute I think and then the offsides goal.  I can't think of any other chance that I thought was dangerous.  Defense is very good for France, which is the most important.  My concern coming in were the CBs and they have been great.  The attack will get going sooner or later.

Deserved the win....  but 0-0 is fine.  This is how we typically start competitions.   Pragmatic and then more pragmatic.  We don't open up at all until the games are direct elimination.

Expect some fireworks against Poland though assuming we don't play 2 DMs lol.  We need to win and get some goals.

The clumsiness is strange though.  Creating a ton of chances but, if Mbappe isn't scoring, everyone else seems to be clumsy.  They all score plenty at club level, which is strange.  Especially Griezmann... he should have 3 goals easy by now.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:28 pm

I agree with much of what you said Sports, but your statement re goal interference is not what the replays showed.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:31 pm

the fireworks would be if Poland beat France Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:34 pm

futbol_bill wrote:I agree with much of what you said Sports, but your statement re goal interference is not what the replays showed.

No it's clear.  I'll find the video.  You can't stand between the keeper and where the ball is going regardless of how likely the keeper is to make the save.  That's automatic offsides.

Edit - Here:Euro 2024 - Page 8 Var-netherlands-france
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:40 pm

El Gunner wrote:the fireworks would be if Poland beat France Laughing

That's not happening. I expect France to win 3-0 actually. Given what I've seen from Poland... very little reason to not lay siege on them. They have no intensity and pace.

I don't like Ousmane Dembele. It's useless dribbling mostly. Would rather Coman play. But he's just coming off of injury so i get easing him into minutes.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:08 pm

futbol_bill wrote:That just may have been the most entertaining match thus far.

not even close hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:16 pm

sportsczy wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:I agree with much of what you said Sports, but your statement re goal interference is not what the replays showed.

No it's clear.  I'll find the video.  You can't stand between the keeper and where the ball is going regardless of how likely the keeper is to make the save.  That's automatic offsides.

Edit - Here:Euro 2024 - Page 8 Var-netherlands-france

While I agree it is the rule and right call, the VIDEO replay I saw had him just arriving in that position as the shot was made. He didn’t get there in time to block his view as I said earlier no way he would have saved it.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:27 am

That goal should've stood. Poor decision by the refereeing team. Dumfries was standing next to Maignan and didn't block his view for a second during that play
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:50 am

Very good game by France I am surprised they did not score. No true finisher in the box.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:17 am

halamadrid2 wrote:That goal should've stood. Poor decision by the refereeing team. Dumfries was standing next to Maignan and didn't block his view for a second during that play

I will have to rewatch, but I knew it was gonna get called off right away when it was going live. He didn't block the keeper's view but he blocked his ability to dive and actually attempt to make a save
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jun 22, 2024 12:50 pm

Myesyats wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:That goal should've stood. Poor decision by the refereeing team. Dumfries was standing next to Maignan and didn't block his view for a second during that play

I will have to rewatch, but I knew it was gonna get called off right away when it was going live. He didn't block the keeper's view but he blocked his ability to dive and actually attempt to make a save
Maignan had no chance on that shot. It was a bullet shot and he didn't even attempt to save it, not because of Dumfries. He was rooted to his spot. I suppose if you follow the letter of the law word for word you might judge that to be offside but given what actually happened and know how Dumfries did not influence Maignan one iota you'd let that stand. Lots of pundits questioning that decision and for good reason.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:28 pm

Btw, Koeman said exact same thing that I and Hala are saying. Sports saying he blocked his view and interfered with goalie diving for a save is pure fiction, no doubt opinion made up on view a bad angle still picture.

But at end of day as Koeman said, both teams are satisfied with the result. Only one upset about it is me, as I wanted France on other side of Bracket!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:30 pm

Now thats a comical error that results on own goal. Portugal 2-0  up. Are we seeing a lot of own goals this tournament?
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:40 pm

Leao gets yellow again for a dive like last game n now is suspended for the 3rd game XD Ffs... Him n Mendes u would think are powerful enough to own that LHS... but been largely flop...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:50 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

Maignan had no chance on that shot. It was a bullet shot and he didn't even attempt to save it, not because of Dumfries. He was rooted to his spot. I suppose if you follow the letter of the law word for word you might judge that to be offside but given what actually happened and know how Dumfries did not influence Maignan one iota you'd let that stand. Lots of pundits questioning that decision and for good reason.

Regardless of whether Maignan had a chance of saving it or not, Dumfires did stand next to him and limited his movements.

He is obstructing the keeper and the speed of the shot doesnt matter, that is the rule
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next