Rank your Favorite Team's Best Squad of all time by Year

+4
Vibe
Valkyrja
El Gunner
guest_07
8 posters

Go down

Rank your Favorite Team's Best Squad of all time by Year Empty Rank your Favorite Team's Best Squad of all time by Year

Post by guest_07 Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:50 am

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim.
Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh to Muslim.
Good day to Others.

How do you rank your favorite team's
best squad of all time
by year?

I start with my favorite team,
Boca Juniors.

#9. Boca Juniors 2006
Recopa Sudamericana;
Argentina league.

#8. Boca Juniors 2008
Recopa Sudamericana;
Argentina League.

#7. Boca Juniors 2005
Copa Sudamericana;
Recopa Sudamericana;
Liga Argentina.

#6. Boca Juniors 2001
Copa Libertadores.

#5. Boca Juniors 1978
Copa Libertadores.

#4. Boca Juniors 2007
Copa Libertadores.

#3. Boca Juniors 1977
Intercontinental Cup;
Copa Libertadores.

#2. Boca Juniors 2003
Intercontinental Cup;
Copa Libertadores;
Argentina League.

#1. Boca Juniors 2000
Intercontinental Cup;
Copa Libertadores;
Argentina League.

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Rank your Favorite Team's Best Squad of all time by Year Empty Re: Rank your Favorite Team's Best Squad of all time by Year

Post by El Gunner Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:04 am

1. Arsenal 2003/04 (Invincibles)
2. Arsenal 2022/23 (best football after many, many years)
3. Arsenal 2007/08 (3 losses entire season, 2 less than PL winners Man Utd)
4. Arsenal 2005/06 UCL campaign (shoulda won it, more impressive campaign than both Chelsea's lucky CL wins)
5. Arsenal 2013/14 (Ozil, Podolski, Cazorla and Arteta-inspired. Wenger's last good PL campaign, finished 4th, but with 79 pts, not too far off the teams above, ended our trophy drought in FA Cup)
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Rank your Favorite Team's Best Squad of all time by Year Empty Re: Rank your Favorite Team's Best Squad of all time by Year

Post by Valkyrja Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:10 am

16/17 and 02/03
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:24 am

El Gunner wrote:1. Arsenal 2003/04 (Invincibles)
2. Arsenal 2022/23 (best football after many, many years)
3. Arsenal 2007/08 (3 losses entire season, 2 less than PL winners Man Utd)
4. Arsenal 2005/06 UCL campaign (shoulda won it, more impressive campaign than both Chelsea's lucky CL wins)
5. Arsenal 2013/14 (Ozil, Podolski, Cazorla and Arteta-inspired. Wenger's last good PL campaign, finished 4th, but with 79 pts, not too far off the teams above, ended our trophy drought in FA Cup)

You actually believe last season Arsenal is the second best Arsenal of all time? Kanyeezy finally got to you bro.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:41 am

which other one is better then? the points total back me up...

reminder i started watching football since 2002/03
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:17 am

Points total is irrelevant in this discussion IMO.

Off the top of my head, I can remember at least 5 Wenger sides that were better.

Which reminds me of Podolski worship on this forum. We had some weird fixations, like Abate Laughing
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:41 am

that's absolute lies lol... the clutchness, sharpness and defensive solidity of last season's team would outlast most of Wenger's teams...

in a once of match, sure, a lot of Wenger teams could beat last season's team... but most of Wenger's teams lacked edge and defensive solidity aside from the Invincibles, 05/06 CL team and the 07/08 team up until the Eduardo leg-break and Gallas meltdown

before the capitulation late last season, last season's team had a better record than all Wenger teams, including the Invincibles after 25 and probably even 30 games.

Winning and mental edge >>> beautiful football
this is what prime Real Madrid and Fergie's United taught me
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:01 pm

If that was the second best Arsenal of all time, then your teams history is basically garbage.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:18 pm

again, i said since 2002

and sure, the team that put up one of the most points tallies after 30 games in all of PL history is basically garbage Thumbs up
if it wasn't for Haaland and Guardiola and one of the greatest treble-winning PL teams of all-time in City, we would have been running away with the title with more than enough gap to capitulate towards the end of the season
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:01 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Winning and mental edge >>> beautiful football
this is what prime Real Madrid and Fergie's United taught me

Perhaps unfortunately, I have to agree with this. It's why I've come to terms with Haaland being utilized as a glorified Peter Crouch at Man City, despite his athleticism.

I agree with EG's list of Arsenal teams, but my memories of the Invincibles has faded so much that I feel like I can't properly compare it with Arsenal's current team. I watched Arsenal a lot during the Invincibles, but I suspect I'm glorifying the likes of Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira, Pires, Campbell.. even Reyes and Kanu when I think back on those days. They all certainly had their off days, but it's hard to remember those as time passes by.

I think, in general, we do expect more from individual offensive players now that football has evolved into becoming more about offensive prowess, and in my opinion, less about what individual defenders are capable of, but rather how productive defenses are as a collective unit. We still talk about individual defenders and what they're capable of, but it's not even comparable to the impact the top defenders had for their teams during the 90s and early 00s.

That's not as if to say that defenders were better back then, they were probably less fit, athletic and technically capable, but they had more individual responsibility during the more primitive ages of football - which might be a reason why players have started scoring more goals as the game has become more about attacking and less about the school of Mourinho. I believe that evolution of football has gradually also been reflected in seasonal point tallies.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:49 pm

Winning and mental edge of a team that won nothing. They had an 84 point tally, which would have been enough to win you the EPL once in the last 20 years, only when Leicester won it.

Let's come back to reality now. It was a very good side but that's about it. Remember Liverpool with 97 points side that didn't win? That was a brilliant team, despite losing.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:21 pm

Vibe wrote:Winning and mental edge of a team that won nothing
Rank your Favorite Team's Best Squad of all time by Year Saucelessss-soheb
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:33 pm

Vibe wrote:Winning and mental edge of a team that won nothing. They had an 84 point tally, which would have been enough to win you the EPL once in the last 20 years, only when Leicester won it.

first of all, that's another blatant lie because Man Utd won the title with 80 pts in 2011. Once you mark above 80 pts that's usually a very good season, doesn't matter whether you finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

secondly, it doesn't change the fact that we had a great season last season, it was a very good team that only lost out to a treble-winning City by 4 points. This is the fact.

and thirdly, are you just trolling coz what are you even arguing then? because where is the Wenger side that scored more than 84 points or had a winning and mental edge after the Invincibles?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:08 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Vibe wrote:Winning and mental edge of a team that won nothing. They had an 84 point tally, which would have been enough to win you the EPL once in the last 20 years, only when Leicester won it.

first of all, that's another blatant lie because Man Utd won the title with 80 pts in 2011. Once you mark above 80 pts that's usually a very good season, doesn't matter whether you finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

secondly, it doesn't change the fact that we had a great season last season, it was a very good team that only lost out to a treble-winning City by 4 points. This is the fact.

and thirdly, are you just trolling coz what are you even arguing then? because where is the Wenger side that scored more than 84 points or had a winning and mental edge after the Invincibles?

Inter was a side that lost to City by one goal just barely, and had chances to win the CL if not for Lakaka. It was an average team that I wouldn't rate top 10 since I watch Inter.

Even if it was twice it is not a blatant lie but still a shit statistic. When it suits your argument you talk about points tally but when it doesn't it suddenly gets a different perspective.

I literally just said it was a very good side. But it will be forgotten quickly and no one will ever mention it as one of the best Arsenal sides, let alone 2nd best. Let's be real here.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:15 pm

dude so i keep asking you... please enlighten me on what is the 2nd best Arsenal side since 2002??? at least i give a very reasonable answer with reasonable justification, but the best you can do is shit on the team from last season and say it is impossible that it can be our 2nd best team since 2002

and no i'm not changing my perspective to suit my argument... there is literally little difference between 84 pts, and some teams who have won the league by 86, 87 or 88 pts.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:20 pm

NT... easy. 1982 Brazil. They made me love football.

Club... I loved the Ajax team of Guulit, Van Basten et al. Just wonderful to watch.

Arsenal of the early 2000s.

Marseille of later 1980s and early 1990s.

I also have a soft spot for the late 90s Parma.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:59 am

Think we all know the teams of best Barca teams so dunno how to list mine really... but reading mention of Liverpool '97 really brings back memory of around the first time I came into seeing on TV football randomly n thought wow... especially Mcmanaman who I thought was like a wizard with them quick feet lol.. I have no idea though... anyway, dont remember much else about that team except the top few stars, but then kept watching them n always remembered them being flawed in defense n mentality, which Man U excelled at in comparison. Back then other leagues were covered much I think except Serie A n sometimes La Liga. Gotta say Man U at their peak had some real good teams under Fergie... The other top teams in Europe only got to watch occasionally so wouldnt know enough...

Definitely watched the WCs though but cant really think of any perfect team... France 98 was pretty amazing I thought but they didnt even have an attack Razz 02 was all about Ronaldo, 06 about Zidane n Italy also without much of an attack Razz Similar for Spain 10 bar Villa... come to think of it WCs do feel like mostly about solid team n defending then about attack?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:45 am

El Gunner wrote:dude so i keep asking you... please enlighten me on what is the 2nd best Arsenal side since 2002??? at least i give a very reasonable answer with reasonable justification, but the best you can do is shit on the team from last season and say it is impossible that it can be our 2nd best team since 2002

and no i'm not changing my perspective to suit my argument... there is literally little difference between 84 pts, and some teams who have won the league by 86, 87 or 88 pts.

Well the 01/02 for starters.

Also add any of the sides you've wrote yourself, that's 5.Though I would rate 13/14 below.

I just can't be bothered to check every years squad and results, it's been a while and I'm old Laughing
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:24 am

as i said, i only started watching since 2002/03
and you're wrong... all those other teams i mentioned aren't better just coz "you say so"... you can't even give any reason why, so now i know you're just trolling

focus on Inter, laddy
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:34 am

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim.
Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh to Muslim.
Good day to Others.

The presence of differing opinions
indicates a diversity of understanding
about football itself.

It should remain this way.

Only then can football be recognized
as a sport that is not rigid.

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:05 pm

El Gunner wrote:as i said, i only started watching since 2002/03
and you're wrong... all those other teams i mentioned aren't better just coz "you say so"... you can't even give any reason why, so now i know you're just trolling

focus on Inter, laddy

I am certainly not trolling.

You know what, I do tend to romanticise football from back then. Maybe you are right and I just underestimated how weak Arsenal really has been historically.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down