Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

The Official LaLiga Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official LaLiga Thread

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:21 pm

I am more interested in Tebas' opinion of this Laughing

Bet he will love it when Espanyol starts paying 300ME in wages and having no regard for FFP
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:44 pm

i dont mind espanyol getting some cash, i have a soft spot for that club
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:08 pm

Seems more like a clever way to supply PSG with players without having to worry about FFP.

Espanyol would buy the expensive players then sell them to PSG for half the price.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:18 pm

I have a feeling Madrid will long term regret winning CL last season. Success gives you the assurance that everything is fine and dandy. Fake success does the same yet it masks all the problems that exist. This Madrid team has many many flaws that have gone unaddressed during the transfer window.

The rusty midfield has needed help for years and there are guys like Asensio etc who have no business being in this team, yet they seem to remain season in season out. The Tchouwatever guy will be another flop considering his high price tag. Whoever thought spending €100 million on a teenager to replace Modrić/Kroos should be having a check up at the quack.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:16 pm

We have rejuvenated the midfield. We have 4 midfielders ignoring MCK. We need a back up RB capable of being a starter because Dani always gets injured. We need attackers but we were already about to get Mbappe who could solve all our attacking problems but he fooled us. Now we are left scouring the market for Jovic 2.0s. It's also difficult to get players when the ones you have refuse to leave. Mariano, Mayoral, Asensio and Hazard are unwanted and/or transferable but none of them want to leave meaning we can't add even more players, we aren't Barca fortunately.

Then there is Carlo who buys a CB who has never been a fullback and plays him as a LB because......i don't know, he is bored.

Tcho was abit subdued in the first game. Didn't show himself up for passes putting pressure on our backline. Cama on the other hand has come back looking even better than last season albeit an opinion taken from one half

We are playing with fire not getting a back up for Benzema. We are banking on him to stay healthy all season which is a huge gamble.

I don't know, there is another month and abit left to clear the deadwood and get one more attacker who is better than the ones I mentioned before

I'll be fine to just "compete" next season as lomg as this will be Hazards last chance, we move on from MCK, clear all the deadwood. Move Alaba to LB, buy Endrick and buy ourself a back up veteran striker
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jul 25, 2022 3:26 pm

Real won the battle to sign the most sought after MF, with Caminvinga looking good already. Shouldnt be a problem is the usual trio maintain anywhere to their level?

RB position, Lucas is pretty underrated though? Of cos Cavarjal is one of a kind, but no worries, we sold Alves, n Xavi seems preferring to play a CB at RB still in Araujo n have Garcia at CB instead XD I rate Xavi but no one is perfect n this is one of his strangest preferences along with love for Ferran.... must be Spanish patriotism? Razz

Funny to see Hazard still at it... for some strange season some players just cant get going at Real n hes definitely one of them, last chance...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:33 pm

It’s very difficult to replace a duo of Kroos and Modric. Camavinga and Fede are nothing like them, although Cama is very good. He’s the only one I’d like to take out of that team, but neither Cama, Fede nor Tchou are controllers, RM regained some control of the ball when Modric and Kroos came in

And RMs best player is Conetois by far
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:40 pm

Cama and Tcho might develop into similat players to Case and Modric but Valverde is a total different profile meaning we won't play like we did with MCK. This will probably suit Vini better. We'll see, Carlo will trial the first XI against Jjuve which will give us a good indication on where everyone will player (Valverde pseudo RW for eg)
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:20 pm

You set up your midfield based on what talent you have. You don’t do a one for one replacement from one generation to next. Did Iniesta - Xavi - Busquets look anything like that before or after their run?

We’ll see how this new generation mf works out, but stop the narrative that one of them has to be the new Modric, it’s a ridiculous argument. Besides there are already indications that Carlo will use a 4 men midfield a lot this season either with a 3-4-3 or 4-4-2 formation.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:09 pm

danyjr wrote:I have a feeling Madrid will long term regret winning CL last season. Success gives you the assurance that everything is fine and dandy. Fake success does the same yet it masks all the problems that exist. This Madrid team has many many flaws that have gone unaddressed during the transfer window.

The rusty midfield has needed help for years and there are guys like Asensio etc who have no business being in this team, yet they seem to remain season in season out. The Tchouwatever guy will be another flop considering his high price tag. Whoever thought spending €100 million on a teenager to replace Modrić/Kroos should be having a check up at the quack.

I think the board is well-aware of our weaknesses though, but it's really complicated to fix them. First, because the market isn't exactly full of world beaters. Second, because Madrid did try to fix some of them but failed (like the glaring one involving Mbappé).

I agree that they should've also thought about a plan B, but it's difficult to bring in new players when the unwanted ones don't want to leave.

The only thing that truly bothered me is Florentino's utter refusal of going after Haaland. He thinks that it doesn't make sense to bring him, only to make him sit on the bench, which is understandable. But what guarantees does he have that Benzema will continue to play in beast mode? And even if he does, for how long will it last? See the problem here is that elite talent is unbelievably scarce in the market, especially strikers, and players like Haaland don't exactly grow on trees. In my opinion, Florentino shoud've gone for Haaland anyway and given him assurance that he's the one that Madrid will rely on as a permanent replacement after Benzema.

It's better than just relying solely on Benzema and running the risk of having a very unreliable attack when he gets injured.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:59 pm

If the buyout for Haaland is true then i am pretty sure we'll go for him if he wants to leave and he maintains his current level. He like Lewa wants to live in Spain so you know that'll be his long term goal
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:02 pm

Honestly Hala, after the Mbappé fiasco, buyout clauses and even free-agent players are no longer guarantees that you will get your man, especially when you are dealing with oil clubs.

I just think that it's a lot easier to get him from Dortmund than it is from City.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:15 pm

I don't think we should use Mbapay as a reference. Haaland is ambitious, he's gone to EPL to prove himself there. Bet Mbapay doesn't have the balls to do that. Ronaldo left Utd in his prime to go to a RM in near crisis. Lewa has gone to a Barca team in crisis and wants to help propel them back to be amongst the top European teams instead of staying in his comfort zone at this age etc.

If Haaland proves himself and wants a new challenge in 2 years I don't think he'll hesitate to change clubs. The only problem he is that Haaland is open to alot of teams and we rarely stretch ourselves to our financial limits to get those players.

I reckon we'll buy a new project from Brazil and see who interests us from the WC/season
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6