Perucho21
Casciavit
Hapless_Hans
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Let's all laugh at.. Italy - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's all laugh at.. Italy

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:54 pm

Robespierre wrote:Two times in a row such as France in 90s ( 1990, 1994)
It was a team with players as Cantona , Papin, Ginola in their prime so equally incredible

1990 France was not very good.  The golden midfield had just retired (Platini, Giresse, Tigana) and there was a team identity issue.  1994 miss was a heartbreaker.  Lost to Bulgaria in the last second...  cost the manager his job (Gerard Houllier) and Cantona/Ginola were never allowed back on the NT (which was stupid).

It was actually a big challenge to qualify to the WC back then. Far harder than today.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:30 pm

I would like Robes' post twice if I could. I'm totally here for the history lesson on Macedonia.

As for Italy, I would say this is the best thing that could happen to them due the absolute shambles that is their national youth development standard, but I don't think that would be accurate because I don't think it's going to change anything. It should, but I don't think it will.

Imagine someone like Mbappe having to start 2-3 divisions down and slowly work his way up to the top flight rather than making the immediate leap because his talent very clearly warrants it. To say Italy are using an antiquated process would be a massively diplomatic way of saying it's simply incompetent youth management. The chickens continue to come home to roost.

Chiellini is a legend, but his time has passed. The Euros should've been his last, victorious hurrah and instead he likely exits the stage in this manner. I feel bad for him.. There's mixing in youth with experience and then there's simply holding onto glorious players of the past way past their prime.

I don't think Mancio is overall to blame as he's at the mercy of pretty garbage system. I do wish he had bucked the trend and had done more to fight to change it from within though rather than just going on to keep on. FIGC would likely rather make him the scapegoat than look inward and blame themselves though. That's how it goes and that's why Italy will continue to suffer.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:57 pm

spoke with an Italian friend today over the phone... asked him what's up with their team... he listed the following reasons as the biggest problems:
1) lack of proper striker/go-to-guy to get a goal
2) Italy has had a problem of ageism for a while now where they don't integrate their younger players into the national team at a young enough age
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:14 am

Damn feel for Italy. I knew a great would miss out of the WC but do not see this upset coming at all. Now we just gotta see how the 12 year olds gonna react to this in the U-17s few years down the lane.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:29 pm

Incredible stuff... Italy the traditional power house of world football... they won that 2006 incredibly despite those domestic scandals, but then has failed miserably since... at the Euro everyone were praising them n now this... just incredible... no good from a neutral spectators pov, one less big name n one more small team that basically know nothing about...n prolly wont watch Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:09 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:one less big name n one more small team that basically know nothing about...n prolly wont watch Razz

Italy wouldve gotten eliminated by Portugal anyway Very Happy
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:05 pm

Why are they playing a friendly a few days after being knocked out of WCQ?
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:30 am

While Italy misses out with scrubs like Immobile and Berardi, AC Milan legend GIANLUCA LAPADULA leads Peru to the international playoff against either UAE or Austrailia. What a story we are witnessing.

And to think I had spaghetti with meat sauce for dinner today . Life is good
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2