Perucho21
Hapless_Hans
Mr Nick09
23 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Mbappe speculation thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Mbappe speculation thread

Post by Pedram Sat May 21, 2022 12:00 pm

Mbappe is a pos, let him rot in the French farmers league.

Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat May 21, 2022 12:10 pm

Honest to God, I don't want him to come anymore.

All I want right now is for Madrid to withdraw the offer and not wait for his decision.

He can take his decision and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Madrid mustn't wait for anybody.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 21, 2022 12:20 pm

rofl rofl Mbappe having the Madrid fans in a chokehold

keep it up, young son :bow:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat May 21, 2022 2:41 pm

It's done he's not coming
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat May 21, 2022 3:10 pm

From what has been reported, it seems he has decided to stay. If true, it seems that we dodged a bullet.

Though I must admit it is a shame. But at the same time I am relieved.

We won the league. We're at the cl final. Even if we fail to win the cl, our season has been astounding. The progress of vinicius and Rodrygo has been very pleasing. I don't want to see their progress cut to ribbons by one who seemingly has different priorities.

We potentially win the cl and we reward Rodrygo who took us there by signing someone who will cut his playing time shorter? Just rubs me the wrong way. Feels wrong as all hell.

I don't expect most of ye to understand my perspective. Nor will I convince you of it. I still feel like our team is disrespected as f***. Yes we're getting older. But our competition thankfully is not getting better either.

I am no doubt concerned about how much longer benzema will last. But he is one who endures and to me embodies what Real Madrid is all about. He still has at least 1 or 2 years left. During that time, we need to find his successor. I thought it was mbappe but... This transfer saga reveals much imo. Someone who makes such demands and supposedly gave flo his word only to do a 180.. such a man cannot be trusted and such people should never come here. It really is a shame. Why is it so hard to find benzemas heir?

First martial, now mbappe. God damn it it's not enough to have the talent and skill. The personality must be correct too. Benzema really is a once in a generation player. Why is it only people with mental issues or those who follow the money are emerging talents these days? All that money spent on vinicius and Rodrygo really paying off now. Both have the correct attitude and mental aptitude to not only fit but succeed here.

Where and when will I finally see the heir to Benzema?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat May 21, 2022 3:37 pm

With the way Rodrygo has been developing in past couple of months, I think we will be ok with the two Brazilians and Benz with addition help sought in summer of 2023. If they sign Tchouameni and Raul de Tomas, we’ll be fine.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat May 21, 2022 3:45 pm

If this guy really doesn't come here now then I really do wish that Perez never goes after him again and that he becomes persona non grata with the Madrid fanbase. Let this die here forever please. The soap opera has been going on for too long, I at the least pride myself in not ever being invested in this bullshit, but it's hard not to when the Club realistically has been invested. We cannot be held in limbo by the uncertainty of whether this guy will ever join us or not.

The silver lining has to be that now we use the funds to really reinforce this squad. I do have to say that despite Rodrygo and Vinicius making stides, i'm still not particularly a fan of either and I am not confident in our goal scoring output. We need something there.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat May 21, 2022 3:51 pm

The Madrid One wrote:If this guy really doesn't come here now then I really do wish that Perez never goes after him again and that he becomes persona non grata with the Madrid fanbase. Let this die here forever please. The soap opera has been going on for too long, I at the least pride myself in not ever being invested in this bullshit, but it's hard not to when the Club realistically has been invested. We cannot be held in limbo by the uncertainty of whether this guy will ever join us or not.

The silver lining has to be that now we use the funds to really reinforce this squad. I do have to say that despite Rodrygo and Vinicius making stides, i'm still not particularly a fan of either and I am not confident in our goal scoring output. We need something there.

Agree with this.

Mbappe should be blacklisted by Madrid and this soap opera must end right here, right now. He has made his choice, now he has to live with it, and Madrid must be proud enough not to go after him again.

Aside from this, I agree with you also on Vini and Rodrygo. They have improved a lot but they are not reliable and can't be trusted to lead the frontline on their own, especially after Benzema declines.

The problem here is that who is there to replace them with? Haaland and Mbappe were the cream of the crop. Who are we going to sign? Nobody is good enough.

We have to make due with what we've got until someone else emerges.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 21, 2022 4:09 pm

French president Macron had gotten involved.  Mbappe called Flo 1v1 to tell him in person and explain his reasons.

Besides his personal financial side, I would not be surprised if you suddenly see a lot of resource sent to Bondy (where Mbappe is from) and other inner city football programs. Mbappe's father is heavily involved in coaching and helping inner city kids around Paris... not unlikely that a national program comes of this.

Reading around, there seems to be a lot more involved than football
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 21, 2022 4:12 pm

maybe get Salah if he and Liverpool can't agree on new terms?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat May 21, 2022 4:45 pm

El Gunner wrote:maybe get Salah if he and Liverpool can't agree on new terms?

Madrid weren't interested in Salah when he was available at Roma, doubt they are interested when he's much older and way more expensive
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 21, 2022 4:54 pm

The player Madrid should go after is Nkunku.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat May 21, 2022 4:58 pm

Doc wrote:

Madrid weren't interested in Salah when he was available at Roma, doubt they are interested when he's much older and way more expensive

He's a much better player now and is a worldwide superstar.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 21, 2022 5:18 pm

worldwide stepper
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat May 21, 2022 5:43 pm

Casciavit wrote:
Doc wrote:

Knowing Madrid and what they experience with a previous superstar coming from the EPL in their late twenties (Hazard), I highly doubt they'll be interested. Highly highly doubt.

Also, if Liverpool aren't too keen on giving Salah the contract he wants, what makes anyone think Flo would do the same?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sat May 21, 2022 5:53 pm

Agree with TMO. Vini and Rodrygo are great sidekicks but I don't think they have the quality to be the main guys. Vini had a shot in the clasico to lead on his own and he was completely wrecked. Our offense with and without Benz is as different as night and day.

Surely Perez won't go for Mbappe again in 2 years? There's a 3 year option for Mbappe which he can refuse. Make his money now then move at that time. But this really made Madrid look bad, Perez in particular. Perhaps the door will close forever

For now, another midfielder like Silva or Tchouameni can make our squad stronger
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Sat May 21, 2022 5:56 pm

After all of this I'm happy he is not coming, I have rarely seen Madrid wait for a player like that.

Let him stay in the french league with a past his best Messi and a rapidly declining Neymar.

Flo needs to make sure that as long as he is president Mbappe never plays for Real, he pretty much made both clubs look like a joke, especially PSG.

Makaveli
Makaveli
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat May 21, 2022 5:58 pm

Doc wrote:
Casciavit wrote:
Doc wrote:

Knowing Madrid and what they experience with a previous superstar coming from the EPL in their late twenties (Hazard), I highly doubt they'll be interested. Highly highly doubt.

Also, if Liverpool aren't too keen on giving Salah the contract he wants, what makes anyone think Flo would do the same?

Liverpool has a much more rigid pay structure and is owned by stingy Americans.

Madrid splashes the cash on statement signings all the time. Salah is reported to want 400k a week, roughly 20M a year which is hardly outrageous figures for Madrid.

I also think Salah is a much more serious professional and doesn't have the injury history that someone like Hazard did. He's turning 30 next month, so I think you can still get a good couple of years from him. He's obviously not a long-term signing, but he's a good transition signing.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat May 21, 2022 6:04 pm

Perucho21 wrote:Agree with TMO. Vini and Rodrygo are great sidekicks but I don't think they have the quality to be the main guys. Vini had a shot in the clasico to lead on his own and he was completely wrecked. Our offense with and without Benz is as different as night and day.

Surely Perez won't go for Mbappe again in 2 years? There's a 3 year option for Mbappe which he can refuse. Make his money now then move at that time. But this really made Madrid look bad, Perez in particular. Perhaps the door will close forever

For now, another midfielder like Silva or Tchouameni can make our squad stronger

I get that he's generational and all, but let me ask you this: as a Madrid fan, would you still want him to come after rejecting Madrid twice, giving them his word and then not keeping it, playing them in the process for his own gain and making them take a huge, humliating L?

I don't know about you, but I really want Madrid to blacklist him, never to go after him again, not even for free.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat May 21, 2022 6:05 pm

Perucho21 wrote:Agree with TMO. Vini and Rodrygo are great sidekicks but I don't think they have the quality to be the main guys. Vini had a shot in the clasico to lead on his own and he was completely wrecked. Our offense with and without Benz is as different as night and day.

that's why im saying get Salah for now to bridge the gap until Vini and Rodrygo can fully take over, or until another prospect is available
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 21, 2022 6:05 pm

Madrid have a policy of not signing more than 3 year contracts for players 30 or older. Salah turns 30 on June 15.

Not happening. 100% certain Salah would want a 5 year contract.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat May 21, 2022 6:13 pm

Casciavit wrote:
Doc wrote:
Casciavit wrote:

Liverpool has a much more rigid pay structure and is owned by stingy Americans.

Madrid splashes the cash on statement signings all the time. Salah is reported to want 400k a week, roughly 20M a year which is hardly outrageous figures for Madrid.

I also think Salah is a much more serious professional and doesn't have the injury history that someone like Hazard did. He's turning 30 next month, so I think you can still get a good couple of years from him. He's obviously not a long-term signing, but he's a good transition signing.

Splashing on transfers is one thing but Madrid, contrary to popular belief, also has a salary structure that is, more or less, sane. Not rigid but sane. So the money Salah wants, I do not think Madrid would deem it prudent. At all. And of course, there is the whole years as Sports wrote just now.

Everything else you wrote Cas on Salah is something I agree with but I personally, from what I've seen of Flo's Madrid, tells me Salah would not be on their radar.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Sat May 21, 2022 6:15 pm

Hopefully Perez uses the funds smartly now and really invests in the team.

We need a back up to Casemiro, I know Camavinga is here but from what I have watched from him this season he looks better in a B2B role, his forward runs are great and he is good at passing.

Ofc a back up CF as well, the way im looking at it right now, if one of Case and Benz get injured we are screwd.

For the Tchouameni kid, is he really that good as a DM ?
Makaveli
Makaveli
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat May 21, 2022 6:20 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:

I get that he's generational and all, but let me ask you this: as a Madrid fan, would you still want him to come after rejecting Madrid twice, giving them his word and then not keeping it, playing them in the process for his own gain and making them take a huge, humliating L?

I don't know about you, but I really want Madrid to blacklist him, never to go after him again, not even for free.
Let me answer this one, yes. Yes I damn would because if this player can improve the team, I'll take him.

I watched Figo torment the fuck out of us several times and when he became a Madrid player, I loved him with all my heart. Yes, the Bernabeu would whistle him a bit but they should be whistling any player that isn't a Madrid player anyway. But they'll love him when he puts in 25-30 a season.

However, going by the rumoured wages he would be on, Madrid officially cannot afford him so it'll be wise for the club to move on to other targets.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sat May 21, 2022 6:24 pm

Do not write off vinicius and Rodrygo so soon my fellow madridistas.

Do not forget that both are 2 years younger than mbappe. Only monsters like cr7 can become main men at that age. We have yet to see the truth with regards to vinicius and Rodrygo. Do not forget benzema took awhile as well to get things rolling when he first came. What we need is patience.

I am very confident in those two to become better than what they are right now. Haven't they shown enough glimpses of the future they will provide us already this season? Missing mbappe is huge. I know. But it's not like we are in desperate need. This is not the calderon era where we're routinely knocked out in R16 cl. Cl final. League champions. We're gonna be fine

And we're in capable hands. Carlo ancelotti will keep us at the top. And he will aid in unleashing the promise that is vinicius and Rodrygo. Y'all need to have faith. It sucks that our transfer plans is in shambles but that's football for you.

Let's just worry about th cl final. Our season is far from over.

Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat May 21, 2022 6:30 pm

Yeah I have no issues in Vini and Rodrygo but I would love for us to be interested in Bernando Silva. Just a little interested.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next