sportsczy
titosantill
halamadrid2
futbol_bill
Perucho21
27 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by Mamad Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:42 pm

Who on their right mind thinks KCM works against good teams? or having no striker is a good idea? only an idiot like Ancelotti.

Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official Real Madrid 21-22 Match Day Thread

Post by Perucho21 Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:42 pm

Vini proving again he can't put the team on his back. We're lucky Mbappe will do so next season. Vini will have to take a supporting role on the right and let Benz and Mbappe do the work
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:42 pm

I can’t wait for Mbappe hopefully next summer. I don’t ever want to see Vinicius as the main guy. Guy isn’t cut for that and its frustrating to watch.

Also Carlo’s tactics throughout the game is hilarious. I wouldn’t mind him go next season. Trophy or not.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:44 pm

We don;t have a midfield problem IMO. I think our defense bar Alaba is really average. For all of Vini's progress... he's not WC yet. Come on now. He's fallen off in 2022 and still needs to put a full season together. And we all know the right wing issues.

We need to get a proper WC striker (Mbappe) and just redo the defense bar Alaba.

Our bench needs work too. Fairly horrible.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:44 pm

Carlo had an idea and it backfired. It's that simple. Managers take risk and he did. Had it worked we all would be singing a different tune
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:45 pm

Perucho21 wrote:Carlo had an idea and it backfired. It's that simple. Managers take risk and he did. Had it worked we all would be singing a different tune

I'll bite. What was the idea here because I've been trying to figure it out.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:49 pm

Sports I think Alaba Militao will remain but Alabas limitations were shown here. He's not tall and doesn't have much jump to him. Got out jumped by Auba and Araujo. Militao on the other hand literally imploded lol

My problem I see with Cama and Fede being midfield and assuming Casemiro remains there won't be a ball carrier like modric. We're really gonna miss that
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:51 pm

Perucho21 wrote:Sports I think Alaba Militao will remain but Alabas limitations were shown here. He's not tall and doesn't have much jump to him. Got out jumped by Auba and Araujo. Militao on the other hand literally imploded lol

My problem I see with Cama and Fede being midfield and assuming Casemiro remains there won't be a ball carrier like modric. We're really gonna miss that

Bigger issue is that you can't let people just cross the ball unmarked. That's not fair to the CBs.

But Alaba and Militao have been reckless today and burned. Weird for Alaba. Militao is not that good to begin with.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:57 pm

Our midfield is just dead. what are Kroos and Casemiro doing exactly? they both are shite this season. and Modric is old. he can't keep up. so combine 3 of them and you have a midfield that can't run, defend or create.

Mbappe alone can't do shit. we need proper midfielders. and fullbacks. we have to spend money or we can't compete with the best.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:05 pm

Yeah, Cama and Fede need to be starters as Kroos and Case honestly can't keep up as they used to. Carlo is lucky he got this humiliation while being so far ahead in the league because this is a very fire-able offense as far as Madrid is concerned.

However, Dani has been dragging the flag for 3 seasons, maybe more and now, any winger with some speed gets passed him. Imagine he got skinned by Ferran Torres and he's not known for being quick. We needed a RB since the start of the season, we needed a RB during the Winter and we need a RB now.

Bill, your boy is no longer Madrid quality.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:16 pm

Absolutely outplayed from start to finish

I won't blame the players. This is all on the coach. Never seen us press this bad in my life
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:24 pm

I still can't believe Carlo, an intelligent football manager, decided while watching his team down 2-0, to go from a back 4 to a back 3.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:27 pm

I looked at the XI on sofascore and they lefit had us playing 424, that's exactly how i felt when watching us defend
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:27 pm

Alaba btw was absolutely terrible today. The first 2 goals were on him. We then had a mountain to climb
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:32 pm

Where do I begin with this? Carlo got everything wrong here.

Worse is we made farcelona look better than they actually are.

Quite concerning... definitely some food for thought for the remaining matches

Though I said I'm concerned. I'm not that impressed either. I'll be worried if they can do this again with Benz on the field. When I said Benz can do dm, it was not satire.

Though we shouldn't drop this badly without Mandy or benz.. I hope Carlo reflects well on today. Perhaps he is saving for cl? A lot of strange decisions today. Not like him to make so many errors.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:41 pm

Every top manager in the world sets up his team to press high and play with a lot of pace. Pep, Klop, Tuchel etc...

Anceloti is the complete opposite. i don't care what he has won before but right now he is absolutely awful as a coach. that's why he ended up at Everton. him and Mourinho are behind in terms of learning the modern ways of play.

Sacking him may save us in the CL. but i know Perez won't do it right now.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:51 pm

You want Carlo fired at the tail end of the season? Interesting.

And who you would like hired?!
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:20 am

Anyone. We can't play worse than this. we just got destroyed 4-0 against barca at our home. the europe league Barca.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:35 am

Jesus fucking christ. There's a thin line between being bold and foolhardy, the game plan should have been pragmatic (especially if the coaches and players didn't feel up for the task) and there should have been damage limitations incurred once the first goal landed, which by the way was telegraphed and could be felt coming for several minutes. These are the games where you definitely can't be complacent or reckless, as either player or coach. It's Barcelona. Or if you are going to be reckless, do it in style.

At least it serves as a reality check. Have to make the best out of it.  We would benefit from having a stronger ideological identity attached to the way we play football and it would be nice to see that in action even when in shambles. At least go down in style, the Mishima way. I suppose we did against PSG, now we get to see the other side of the coin.

Last edited by The Madrid One on Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:38 am

You can't fire Carlo now. That wouldn't be very smart. Who's going to take over... the bench coach who is his son? Come on now.

Carlo has been mediocre for several years now if you're honest. Did nothing at all with Bayern, and had a very mixed bag both with Napoli and Everton. He's a good "company man" and a solid manager. But we all know what he is and what he isn't. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

If we had half a brain, we'd pick off Tuchel in the offseason since he's obviously going to leave Chelsea. That would make sense. But we won't do it lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:42 am

And btw, 4-0 was a generous score for us lol. If Auba and Ferran score some of the sitters they missed, it should easily have been 6-0 at least. They had a ton of clear chances.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:04 am

Felt like the Chelsea game all over again where they could've scored 4-5 more goals if they were more clinical
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:15 am

Honestly I said this in the preseason that Ancelotti was just hired to fill the void and try to make the team competitive with the same crop of players. Fact that he made it this far is pretty good.

Even if we move on to better managers, the question we need to ask is why Perez doesn't give the coach free liberty as to how we play and who the manager wants to play. Zidane would have remained if given that power.

We can yell for Tuchel Poch or Ten Hag all we want until they realize Perez gets who he wants hands them to managers and say play them no matter what. That's how things role
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:24 am

Poch is a no go lol. He can't handle big personalities. He's an underdog manager.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:27 am

Definitely agree I'm just stating names being thrown around the most amongst the fans

I'd personally like Tuchel. I just hope we can give him whatever he wants
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:10 am

sportsczy wrote:You can't fire Carlo now.  That wouldn't be very smart.  Who's going to take over... the bench coach who is his son?   Come on now.

Carlo has been mediocre for several years now if you're honest.  Did nothing at all with Bayern, and had a very mixed bag both with Napoli and Everton.  He's a good "company man" and a solid manager.  But we all know what he is and what he isn't.  You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

If we had half a brain, we'd pick off Tuchel in the offseason since he's obviously going to leave Chelsea.  That would make sense.  But we won't do it lol.

He did fine at Bayern until his assistant Clement (who was also with you for the Decima) left mid season to become a manager himself (without success) and suddenly there's Ancelotti's clueless twentysomething year old son on the bench trying to look serious. His problem is the quality of his staff without Clement.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next