Warrior
Art Morte
El Gunner
The Franchise
Great Leader Sprucenuce
18 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:43 pm

Believe me if there was any chance of Giannis doing it on purpose the media would be all over it, they're looking for a chance to shit on him lol.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 21 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Luca Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:19 pm

Didn’t seem malicious, just unlucky. I swear a player lands on another player’s foot just about every game

Anyways, this opens up a potential mirror match in the east between the cbucks and the 76ers

Which 3 do you prefer?
Giannis, Middleton and Jrue vs. Embiid, Simmons and Tobias Harris

76ers for me

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:39 pm

I swear if that happens and i see ISOs at the top of the key from Giannis vs Ben i might actually go insane.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:55 pm

Luca wrote:Didn’t seem malicious, just unlucky. I swear a player lands on another player’s foot just about every game

Anyways, this opens up a potential mirror match in the east between the cbucks and the 76ers

Which 3 do you prefer?

76ers for me

Too early for this. Bud & Bucks can easily choke it away somehow and 76ers are up 2-1 on the Hawks with the Hawks having today's game at home. We should be able to count out the hawks, but I'm unsure that 6ers are much better than them
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:14 pm

Luca wrote:Didn’t seem malicious, just unlucky. I swear a player lands on another player’s foot just about every game

Which 3 do you prefer?

76ers for me

which do i prefer? like just personally?
I think the Sixers trio is more complete and complement each other better... however i haven't watched a lot of Sixers recently... and i just have a feeling about the Bucks making the finals. Jrue is the x-factor for me granting Middleton doesn't choke.

I'm getting a Bucks v Suns finals feeling.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:17 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:He's just boxing out lol. There's nothing to really talk about, which is why nobody except random emotional Twitter plebs are talking about it.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Believe me if there was any chance of Giannis doing it on purpose the media would be all over it, they're looking for a chance to shit on him lol.

jesus Laughing

did you even watch the game... no no scratch that, did you even do the bare minimum and watched the video i linked?? Literally the commentators themselves said in that instance in that video it should have been a foul by Giannis. But i suppose the comms are just Twitter plebs too who suck at their job.... right?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pm

I like the Hawks’ team but they don’t seem ready yet. Down the stretches of games against the 76ers they’ve lacked the composure to close out games. Even game 1 when they were destroying them, they almost let it slip at the end

76ers look well matured, like the Bucks from years of getting slammed in the playoffs

Unhealthy Nets will lose to the Bucks, if Kyrie/Harden can play it’s another story

Bucks vs. 76ers and Jazz vs. Suns would be a deserved final four for this season

Then again, Clippers against the Suns would be fun as well. Such polarizing teams, the Clippers being so individual and the Suns, having great individuals but actually play well together

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:36 pm

Sixers basically realized after the last game they're the better team imo and played like it.

If Embiid dominance continues of course.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:05 pm

I'm not really being 100% serious. I just hate the Sixers more than maybe any other team in the league, except perhaps the Lakers. So I underrate them constantly
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:15 pm

Why?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:51 am

CBarca wrote:I'm not really being 100% serious. I just hate the Sixers more than maybe any other team in the league, except perhaps the Lakers. So I underrate them constantly

Hating a team you've got no history against hmm

Hell, I hate Clippers and Spurs more than the Celtics, since I weren't alive for that rivalry.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:41 am

I just realised i read CBs post that he hates the Suns lmao.

Hating the Sixers is more understandable because well.... it's Philly.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:13 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I just realised i read CBs post that he hates the Suns lmao.

Hating the Sixers is more understandable because well.... it's Philly.

Absolutely nothing against the Suns. I actively like the Suns, and hope they do well. A bit split on CP3...he's such a great point guard that I wish he gets a ring. At the same time, the dude is so dirty and seems like a prick. Idk much about him off the court tho, except that one story from high school. I just judge him on what I see on the court. Regardless, I like the Suns as a franchise and the personnel.

You're right about sixers. It's Philly. Fans of any Philly sport are generally pretty intolerable. Hell, that's why I lump them in with the Lakers. I'll say this: all clubs of any sport have a lot of awful fans. BUT some fanbases are worse than others. And Philly is always trash, for just about every sport. I don't feel bad saying that either, and Philly fan will tell you that's the truth. They accept it and lean into it, at least.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:15 am

The process kind of annoyed me too. Teams are always tanking so I don't see it as a big deal, but they were the first to really make it so blatant and even brag about it. It was a very Philly way to go about it. That's mostly water under the bridge by now tho, can't say I care much about that
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:07 am

Close game here at the end. Hawks up 3 with 49.6 remaining. Trae is so fun to watch

Embiid reminds me of a Harden but as a dominant big. Amazing game, gotta respect it, but boy, the guy flops like no other. Maybe Jimmy Butler is a better comparison, since that is the biggest part of his game
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:38 am

no wonder he always gets a niggling injury here and there, exaggerated fall after exaggerated fall
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:37 am

I don't blame him for flopping really, I've seen first hand this season how refs call dominant physical beasts. ( Zion)

They simply don't call shit unless you flop lol, it's ridiculous but there's more protection in the NBA for shooters than there is for people doing work inside.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:16 pm

Giannis manages to not flop

Btw 0-12 last night in the second half. Wow. I'm sure that his injury is playing a role. If it's playing *that* much of a role, though, should he even be on the court?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:23 pm

I agree with Mole.

Look at KD vs the Bucks. Tucker was committing foul after foul and nothing was getting called. And that's KD, a finesse player who isnt looking to create contact.

I dont like flopping, but its the same issue I have with diving in football. Unless you actually sell your being fouled, it isnt getting called.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:10 am

Awesome performance from KD.

On that same token the Bucks should have never let that get away, the might end up regretting it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:22 am

I have held this view since then and still hold it today, that being KD has been the best player in the game since Warriors year 1.

People have not seen that conclusively since he has been on super teams, not having to have the colossal work load but when unleashed (Finals, game 5 here) you see the level he is capable of playing at.

It is true, Curry without KD and Klay is forced to show his entire game and you see how good he actually is.

But its the same for KD, except he is even better.

Unstoppable player. I dont know what more evidence is needed.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:41 am

looking at Middleton's numbers... 8 for 22 36% from the field won't be enough.. especially when they let Jeff Green go off on the offensive end 7 for 8 from three.

KD after an achilles injury return is historical. I think he chooses his spots and movements more carefully now and may never have as sharp a sudden burst again as he had before but he doesn't really need one because he's tall af and everything else is as sharp as ever. Shocked
Here's hoping i get back 90% of my Klay Thompson
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:13 am

The Franchise wrote:I have held this view since then and still hold it today, that being KD has been the best player in the game since Warriors year 1.

People have not seen that conclusively since he has been on super teams, not having to have the colossal work load but when unleashed (Finals, game 5 here) you see the level he is capable of playing at.

It is true, Curry without KD and Klay is forced to show his entire game and you see how good he actually is.

i'm not mad at this opinion at all because it is more than fair... KD's height, overall skillset and his shooting ability make him close to unstoppable in a vacuum.

But then again yet, just to play devil's advocate, and make a case for Curry...
- Steph Curry is the only non-centre in the history of all of the game to rank top 10 (8th) in effective field goal percentage.. the next non-centre is pure 3-pt sniper Kyle Korver at 16th. KD ranks 53rd overall. That to me is soooooo crazy. I mean just think about it... with the constant weird traps and double teams this 6'3" man has seen over his career, especially more recently... how is that even possible?? that's really special man. Almost unthinable. He has seen more weird defenses than any other player i've seen because that's what it takes to slow him down. People try to keep it as simple as saying "yea Steph is the best shooter ever, no doubt but that's all" but it's so more than that. Steph gets to the rim and does some of the most crazy moves and layups just like Kyrie. He can maneuver the court as well as anyone has ever done it in the game - at his height he kind of has to in order to keep defenses honest, get of his shots which is sometimes just crazy ridiculous, make space for his teammates, and consistently let his team rank one of the highest in assists every single season. Please man, this thing of just reducing Steph to being the "greatest shooter ever and that's all" needs to stop. I'm not saying you have this opinion @Dani, it's just a narrative out there that is used against Steph when it comes to all-time ranking of players. The man literally changed the way the entire game is played and perceived mostly of his own doing (with the help of Klay and Kerr's system of course).

- He's also the only non-centre to rank top 10 all-time in true shooting percentage (3rd). KD ranks 11th. And yes, now this stat is more an indicator of just pure shooting ability. We tend to think KD is so automatic with his length, now just think how good of a shooter Curry really is... it's a shooter's league these days... and to me the statement that "Curry took 3 rings off LeBron" is more true than "KD took 2 rings off LeBron". Meaning, hypothetically without Curry and with KD the Warriors would not have been as much a success as compared to how good they actually were before KD joined. People tend to forget they were only a few Harrison Barnes makes away from winning in 2016. So they could have easily moved on Barnes for more depth and better shooters if they never got KD and still could have beaten KD and Westbrook and LeBron and Kyrie.

- And then lastly, he has never proven that he can get past a team where Steph is the best player. Is he capable, i damn sure think he is, but he has never done it, and that's just pure facts Smile 🤷
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:14 am

I think Klay will get back, despite it being so long. Just isnt the iso scorer who relies on blow by's and take offs at the rim.

His game shouldnt be too impacted, at least offensively. I doubt he will be the same 48 minute defender, especially if he has to carry more offensive load.

But I believe he will be good, all star worthy again. His threat of shooting will still get people trying to run him off the line, especially if they are playing behind on the screen, which will open up the mid range with him putting the ball on the floor.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:26 am

I think Curry is way more than a shooter. Amateur analysis by anyone who thinks that's all he is.

I mean, look at the movement without the ball and all the havoc is causes. Someone like Harden lets say, he is what 70% the level of shooter Curry is? Whatever he is, hes an incredible danger to shoot from the outside. But he doesnt move at all without the ball so he will never create a look for someone else unless he has the ball.

Curry can get someone an open shot or even lay up, without touching the ball himself. So could other guys, but Curry is just such a threat from distance its dramatically exaggerated. Also, yes, he can finish at the rim with the best of them. Obviously, you dont need me to say how good he is, I think he is as good as most of his fans say he is.

I also dont really buy into all this talk about him in the finals and so on. It is true he hasnt been as ridiculous in the finals as other games but this to me is more so happen-stance in my book, rather than some fatal flaw he has. I have seen far worse final performances from supposedly better players.

The only issue with me calling him the best is that I believe that for moments you can slow him down and there isnt anything he can do about it.

When you switch every screen on him so he always has a body on him and he is never got the step, he has to generate a look against bigger, taller defenders. In those moments, you can press up on him and just by the nature of his game, no matter how good a shooter, its a harder shot to make than it is for someone like KD who simply has to hang-dribble pull up and there isnt anyone on the planet that can impact the shot.

Simply put, when KD misses, its because he missed. When Curry misses, on occasion it has something to do with the defence.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:44 am

The Franchise wrote:I have held this view since then and still hold it today, that being KD has been the best player in the game since Warriors year 1.

It's been true yes, people just didn't want to admit it because of LeBron lol and Golden State being so stacked was an easy excuse.

Not sure what more he was supposed to do in those years, it was obvious as hell he was better in the finals.

Not to mention his performances in the playoffs before he went down with the Achilles.

People need to learn the difference between someone being better than 35+ year old Lebron and better all time.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next