futbol_bill
halamadrid2
Thimmy
The Demon of Carthage
Perucho21
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

UCL Ro16: Real Madrid vs Atalanta - Page 2 Empty Re: UCL Ro16: Real Madrid vs Atalanta

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:52 pm

We should go back to the 442. We need Valverde's dynamism yet we can't bench any of MKC when they're all in this form

Easy decision for me when our attack is as it is. But on the other hand Nacho deserves to start and Zidane will never bench Varane unfortunately who is terrible. So we'll probably see a 352 from now on at least until Dani gets back

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

UCL Ro16: Real Madrid vs Atalanta - Page 2 Empty Re: UCL Ro16: Real Madrid vs Atalanta

Post by Perucho21 Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:44 am

Vinicius does the hard thing correctly and easy things incorrectly
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:48 am

Perucho21 wrote:Vinicius does the hard thing correctly and easy things incorrectly

He's an incredibly frustrating footballer to watch but I'll take a fit Vini and Lucas over the completely failed transfer that is Hazard.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:49 am

Vinicius is an absolute menace but boy his finishing even brings Ramos to tears Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:57 am

Vini is too electric for his own good sometimes
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:16 pm

Doc wrote:
Perucho21 wrote:Vinicius does the hard thing correctly and easy things incorrectly

He's an incredibly frustrating footballer to watch but I'll take a fit Vini and Lucas over the completely failed transfer that is Hazard.

Lol you do know we are going to activate the 'make sure hazard always plays' policy when he returns. So be prepared for that. Let's just hope he actually plays well and it doesnt turn into a situation where we bend over backwards to suit his every need cos flo wants to justify the transfer.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:09 pm

Apparently the dressing room let out a lot of emotions after the game. They feel they have taken a lot of undeserved criticism this season and felt yesterday’s game was their answer to the criticism. Also a number of players including Ramos spoke encouragement to Vinicius as well as both Flo and Zidane!

My (somewhat hopeful) prediction re next season is both  Mbappe and Haaland come to play with Benzema. Both Vinicius and Rodrygo staying, plus Hazard.

Midfield stays pretty much the same, Kroos, Modric, Casemiro and Valverde. I hope they bring back Odegaard as the 5th.

Defense also pretty much the same, Ramos, Varane, Nacho, Mendy, Carvajal, Lucas plus Alaba.

That leaves open 1 defender and 1 midfielder and possibly 2 other squad players if they want to go with squad size at 25.

That would mean exits for Asensio, Isco, Mariano, Jovic, Marcelo, Militao and Odriozola and hopefully a buyout of Bale. I.e. let’s get rid of the first Elephant to begin with and give Hazard another year before doing same to him!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad31 Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:36 pm

If mbappe and haaland comes, benzema has to go all want to be starters and play 90 mins, he can go he is older has proven himself already, and hazard has to leave has no real impact when he plays imo, plus that a lot of wages to cover, vini and rod can share minutes on rw or loan 1, they need to play now, and another winger who can score at least 10 goals and 10 Assists consistently.

Team has always encouraged vini their always trying to guide him watch training videos or the games, but he was clearly not listening, what happened with benzema was good for him, everyone wants him to play well and help the team not go against them acting self absorbed like before, he doesn't have to be a prolific scorer either, a good 10-15 goals and 10 assists is a great season for him it would take the pressure off him, he is no cr replacement don't know why marca threw those expectations on him.

Chad31
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:37 am

As exciting as it may sound, I doubt we'll get both. Mbappe has a few reasons for wanting to join us. I can't think of a single reason why Haaland would lean in our direction these days. We'll probably end up playing against him at some point, and I absolutely don't like the thought of it Laughing

Where do you think Mbappe would play if he had joined us now, Sports?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:10 am

Thimmy wrote:As exciting as it may sound, I doubt we'll get both. Mbappe has a few reasons for wanting to join us. I can't think of a single reason why Haaland would lean in our direction these days. We'll probably end up playing against him at some point, and I absolutely don't like the thought of it Laughing

Where do you think Mbappe would play if he had joined us now, Sports?

Left side inside forward... CR role.  That's his best spot by far.  You want him coming inside on his right foot.  Can pretty much play all 3 forward positions though.  So it's not like he needs to just stick to the left for a whole game (nor should he).

It's a good fit with Benzema.

Who the heck is going to play right wing is always the question of the year lol.  If it's Lucas, I'll just stop watching games.  Nice lad.  He hurts my eyes though. Yet somehow he's effective enough that I get cold sweats as I think Madrid will keep him and he's going to be our right winger for years....
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:20 am

I don't know who we could realistically get, who'd slot right in on our right side. Our defense for next season is up in the air, as well. It's going to be interesting to see how things pan out for us.

I definitely think Vinicius and Rodrygo should be loaned out or sold with a buyback clause, and then the club can assess their development at a later time. As it stands, I don't know if we can afford to do that, and I don't trust the club to bring in proper cover for them either. Our transfer activity in the summer is either going to be really interesting, or not interesting at all.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:55 am

I have hopes for Rodrygo as a good player... not a superstar, but a good player.  He just needs to get stronger physically.  I like how he plays.

Vini... well the kid tries hard.  He just doesn't have the IQ and the polish.  He's young.  Definitely needs to play somewhere else and play consistently.  Like this, he'll never improve.

The only chance we have of signing Mbappe btw is if the Spurs keep Bale.  Then we may be able to afford his wages.  Otherwise, I think Mbappe goes to EPL.  Liverpool if they can make CL or City otherwise. The manager is very important to him...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by AlphaBeast Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:58 am

Vini's ceiling is so so so high ... whilst Rodrygo is bound to be an average at best player, he is honestly nothing special at all... in fact, i would say he is as effective as LV on right wing.

Before you all attack Vini for all his short comings ... please tell me this ..

when was the last time we had a player who could dribble past 4-5 players and create a chance out of nothing?

CR couldn't do it.
Bale couldn't do it
James couldn't do it
Isco couldn't do it
Benzema can't do it.

In fact, i would say Robinho and Di Maria are the only players that come close in the past 12 years who could match his dribbling.

Oh... and he is only 20. God knows how good he will be at 27.

& yes his finishing sucks.
AlphaBeast
AlphaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:22 am

at 27 he will back in the favela doing meth and napping in a cardboard box
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:35 pm

I did say my hopeful expectations!   I don’t want to give up hope (yet) of both Mbappe and Haaland! But for sure it is a longshot. I’m pretty sure Flo will attempt to get one of them and it does look like the the priority will be Mbappe. You need to keep club’s finances in mind however when setting your expectations for this summer.

The focus right now (re finances) is renewals. I say all of Ramos, Varane and Lucas will be renewed. Further, Lucas will primarily be on team as the backup RB and RW. The second big issue to be dealt with, as Sports mentioned will be the return of Bale! Not only does he represent a huge salary load, terrible player, attitude and bad influence, he would also need to occupy one of the non EU quotas. Seems little chance that Spurs will keep him, so Flo needs to either find another sucker or buy him out (which cuts directly into money for Mbappe / Haaland. On a more positive note though, there are signs that come next September stadiums will once again be opening and that helps with the salary load.

With that in mind, that’s why I had said, most of the squad returns with few changes, other than the arrival of Alaba. Also why I believe they will stick with Vinicius and Rodrygo (and Hazard). Btw, I believe the front three (barring injury) will be Hazard, Benzema, Mbappe.

I also had predicted the departures Marcelo, Odriozola, Militao, Isco, Mariano, Asensio and Jovic. But given club’s finances, some of them may remain to fill the remaining squad numbers.

Last edited by futbol_bill on Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:51 pm

AlphaBeast wrote:Vini's ceiling is so so so high ... whilst Rodrygo is bound to be an average at best player, he is honestly nothing special at all... in fact, i would say he is as effective as LV on right wing.

Before you all attack Vini for all his short comings ... please tell me this ..

when was the last time we had a player who could dribble past 4-5 players and create a chance out of nothing?

CR couldn't do it.
Bale couldn't do it
James couldn't do it
Isco couldn't do it
Benzema can't do it.

In fact, i would say Robinho and Di Maria are the only players that come close in the past 12 years who could match his dribbling.

Oh... and he is only 20. God knows how good he will be at 27.

& yes his finishing sucks.

CR7 was dribbling past 3-4 players at will, the season when he joined us from Man United. I remember discussing this with Mtfooball, during the 2009-10 season. His ability to be clinical and score goals wasn't quite what it is today, though.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:43 am

I mean, clearly Alpha is a fan of Vini. Good for him lol.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2