M99
zizzle
Raptorgunner
KMD
Ali
40 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by Ali Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:30 pm

man that collabo was seriously crazy, I like seeing Rakim pick diff beats out, hes so versatile, one of the best to ever do it , hes the real grandfather of rap, he was MILES no no LIGHTYEARS ahead of anyone when he first came out, changed the rap game by changing his rhyme scheme and ignoring bars !

Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by adnyana179 Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:25 am

ali8775 wrote:man that collabo was seriously crazy, I like seeing Rakim pick diff beats out, hes so versatile, one of the best to ever do it , hes the real grandfather of rap, he was MILES no no LIGHTYEARS ahead of anyone when he first came out, changed the rap game by changing his rhyme scheme and ignoring bars !

What did you think of "The Seventh Seal"? I think he still proved a lot, even though his career has been 20+ years deep.

adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:07 am

Documentary Of A Gangsta and Walk These Streets are TIGHT! The Seventh Seal was a dope album, I actually had to drive around for NINE hours, to find a store that would sell it cuz I would NOT bootleg that shit. Yes, I'm one of the maybe 9,000 people that bought it.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:17 am

ali8775 wrote:Documentary Of A Gangsta and Walk These Streets are TIGHT! The Seventh Seal was a dope album, I actually had to drive around for NINE hours, to find a store that would sell it cuz I would NOT bootleg that shit. Yes, I'm one of the maybe 9,000 people that bought it.

reminds me of the time i was looking for some Ice Cube album in leb. they didnt even know who ice cube is
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:43 am

Rap is seriously dying for me atm.

Been kicking it to Crooked, Game, and a couple others these past years and they really are coming up a bit dry. Someone enlighten to me to some dirty beats being destroyed by rappers.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:56 pm

the_gooner wrote:Rap is seriously dying for me atm.

Been kicking it to Crooked, Game, and a couple others these past years and they really are coming up a bit dry. Someone enlighten to me to some dirty beats being destroyed by rappers.

Rap is FAR from dead , I might be one of the only people that'll say that were almost doing as good as the 90s (but ofcourse, we'll never have another Pac & Biggie esque characters) I can name some great projects just off the top of my head: Recovery, Distant Relatives, Trunk Muzik 0-60, H.F.M.2, Raw, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy,B.o.B Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray, Wu Massacre, ALL 6'S AND 7'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats just recently
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:10 pm

ali8775 wrote:
the_gooner wrote:Rap is seriously dying for me atm.

Rap is FAR from dead , I might be one of the only people that'll say that were almost doing as good as the 90s (but ofcourse, we'll never have another Pac & Biggie esque characters) I can name some great projects just off the top of my head: Recovery, Distant Relatives, Trunk Muzik 0-60, H.F.M.2, Raw, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy,B.o.B Presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray, Wu Massacre, ALL 6'S AND 7'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats just recently

I am sorry those album's dont hold a candle to the stuff in the 90s......

As Milanista said Rap is dead, all we have is the memories. ( There's a reason i listened to rap for almost a decade straight and in the last year i have hardly listened to it) rap has been dead longer than this but i tried to convince myself otherwise which proved to be futile.

We will always have the classics of the past but rap is dead( shown by the fact by people like Kanye West, Jay-Z, Snoop Dogg, Eminem etc etc have been releasing pop/r'n'b albums)
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:52 pm

Rap is not dead, although you could say it is in the E.R. I think with the internet rap will never die, we just have to count on ourselves and others to keep finding these "hidden gems". As long as there is a place to post and share hip hop will survive. We just get fed a lot of B.S. via mainstream, don't let that fool you.

@ Gooner Have you given Joe Budden a chance? He is a great artist that you might enjoy.

I don't think Eminem has been releasing pop/RnB albums. He just went through a phase where his life was turned upside down, losing a close friend is never easy. Hell - The Sequel definitely went hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:02 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:Rap is not dead, although you could say it is in the E.R. I think with the internet rap will never die, we just have to count on ourselves and others to keep finding these "hidden gems". As long as there is a place to post and share hip hop will survive. We just get fed a lot of B.S. via mainstream, don't let that fool you.

@ Gooner Have you given Joe Budden a chance? He is a great artist that you might enjoy.

I don't think Eminem has been releasing pop/RnB albums. He just went through a phase where his life was turned upside down, losing a close friend is never easy. Hell - The Sequel definitely went hard.

Oh i know but even the underground stuff has the mainstream feel about it, it's just nothing like it was and i dont think it ever will and there are very few artist's out there be it mainstream or underground that i enjoy.

And your speaking to a guy who has over 100 gb of rap on his hard drive.

Also as far as iam concerned Eminem's latest stuff is far too pop for my liking ( hav'nt listened to Hell though) tbh all his album's have been too pop for my liking since Marshall Mathers LP.

It's still been good stuff but its not what i consider hip hop( i loved 808s and Heartbreak but it's not what i consider real hip hop)

Basically hip hop as we knew it is dead imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:39 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
TetraHydroC 10 wrote:Rap is not dead, although you could say it is in the E.R. I think with the internet rap will never die, we just have to count on ourselves and others to keep finding these "hidden gems". As long as there is a place to post and share hip hop will survive. We just get fed a lot of B.S. via mainstream, don't let that fool you.

Oh i know but even the underground stuff has the mainstream feel about it, it's just nothing like it was and i dont think it ever will and there are very few artist's out there be it mainstream or underground that i enjoy.

And your speaking to a guy who has over 100 gb of rap on his hard drive.

Also as far as iam concerned Eminem's latest stuff is far too pop for my liking ( hav'nt listened to Hell though) tbh all his album's have been too pop for my liking since Marshall Mathers LP.

It's still been good stuff but its not what i consider hip hop( i loved 808s and Heartbreak but it's not what i consider real hip hop)

Basically hip hop as we knew it is dead imo.

I sorta agree Em went pop a bit, I mostly notice it on his punchlines. He was never an elite punchline rapper but they were better on MMLP and SSLP, now they're rather corny at times. I guess he's trying to appeal to the masses.

"quit playing with scissors and cut the crap"

"i never liked sprinklers so why would I like hose(hoes)" lol

"like my daughter and this roof, Ima raise it" I probably got it wrong but something to that effect.

Basically it seems he dumbed them down.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:57 am

Yela, Da Prince, Hopsin, J Cole all sick ! Can't wait for all their upcoming projects
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:27 am

I agree that rap has died down, i dont anticipate albums any more only old staff that i had is worth listening sometimes, now i just dont care and listen to everything That is melodic and good.

Btwn apathy used to be good and blu is one of my fav new comers
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:51 am

KMD wrote:I agree that rap has died down, i dont anticipate albums any more only old staff that i had is worth listening sometimes, now i just dont care and listen to everything That is melodic and good.

Btwn apathy used to be good and blu is one of my fav new comers

I don't really check for Apathy anymore but he was putting out great music, plus he's from Connecticut so he's good in my book.

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:56 am

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:14 pm

Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:22 am

http://www.defsounds.com/hip-hop-blogs/jay-z-talks-wtt-alleged-beef-with-kanye-more-live-on-hot-97-interview-w-angie-martinez/
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:50 pm

Hey guys.My friend is looking to make an experimental song.He is looking for a gangsta (west coast style) instrumental.Could you post some?If its an used instrumental he wont mind, this song is just for own purpose.. THNX
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:00 pm

First thing that came to mind

Last edited by KMD on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:02 pm

metinsk wrote:Hey guys.My friend is looking to make an experimental song.He is looking for a gangsta (west coast style) instrumental.Could you post some?If its an used instrumental he wont mind, this song is just for own purpose.. THNX

Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:49 pm

metinsk wrote:Hey guys.My friend is looking to make an experimental song.He is looking for a gangsta (west coast style) instrumental.Could you post some?If its an used instrumental he wont mind, this song is just for own purpose.. THNX

or

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:40 pm

adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:53 am

Apathy has a new project dropping soon, it sounds promising to me. I have only heard one song from the album I didn't love.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:07 pm

This song is good

And Get some outkast in Here

Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:29 pm

2pac has so many great songs Heart U can only go down from 2pac
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:33 pm

OUTKAST!! Thats the shit!!

Time to get 3 classics up in here

Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:37 pm

I never really liked the OG versions, originals are classics,

Loyal To The Game was a 100% classic to me, even if it was old verses on new songs
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next