M99
zizzle
Raptorgunner
KMD
Ali
40 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by Ali Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:13 am

dmize wrote:Maybe you're not aware on how contracts work, but both parties have to agree. No one forced him to sign with them.

he signed him and they screwed him. If it happened to someone else say... J. Cole , I bet you'd be so angry no material from J. Cole for 3 years

Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by adnyana179 Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:43 am

One of the best from DMX. Memorable from "Cradle to the Grave", which had quite a good soundtrack.

Nice lyrics from YNR and Fat Joe with a monster beat, great in the car.

Tight joint from Clipse on there too.

adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:59 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
People talk about Pac and Big but without Scarface they would'nt have even existed he rapped about the shit they did 5 years before they even existed.

One of the most influential rappers ever to bless a mic imo.

Also i realise Aint no fun is G-Funk but we need some G-Funk up in this biatcchhhhhhhhhhhh

Good call on Scarface. In my opinion, one of the true kings of the south (along with Bun B).

adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:06 am

ali8775 wrote:

Great battle rapper (he really ripped up Freeway), but his career hasn't gone as well as I expected around 04/05.

THC posted this a while back, but it deserves a spot in here.

Superb freestyle over one of the most infectious beats ever.

adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:59 pm

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:09 pm

yeah he really fell off tbh

Chamillionaire is so boss

Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:44 am

Let me get this right first it is said that Jay Z is crap and that Lupe has 2 Classic albums. :lol!:

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:56 am

One of the greatest song all time, I love this song,

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 6 1254739725_smoking_weed_window

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:58 am

ali8775 wrote: yeah he really fell off tbh

Chamillionaire is so boss

"he really fell off".. but Chamillionaires a "boss"? He's the definition of a fall off.

When's the last time he had a hit? 06?

Magricos on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:44 pm
Let me get this right first it is said that Jay Z is crap and that Lupe has 2 Classic albums.

Exactly, thread is sh1t tbh, I'm back to posting rap in the Music Room.

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:41 am

These are some local Toronto Rappers. Let me know what you guys think.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:54 am

Raptorgunner wrote:These are some local Toronto Rappers. Let me know what you guys think.

How much buzz does The Weeknd get up in Toronto?

I heard he just did his first ever live appearance in TO since he's from there, heard he killed it. Just wondering how known he is up there.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:55 am

Creepin Solo is a hit...so is Good Morning.

LOL SMDH Chamillionaire fell off LOL
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:05 am

dmize wrote:
How much buzz does The Weeknd get up in Toronto?

I heard he just did his first ever live appearance in TO since he's from there, heard he killed it. Just wondering how known he is up there.

I just recently heard of him, not much hype around him yet.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:13 am

ali8775 wrote:Creepin Solo is a hit...so is Good Morning.

LOL SMDH Chamillionaire fell off LOL

Really, and what album are those 2 tracks on? LMAO, when's Venom dropping? Nevuary 32nd?

http://www.amazon.com/Venom-Chamillionaire/dp/B002U1AC5K

AHA @ Amazon having the release date as 2020. Sounds about right.

This dudes broke too, doesn't he still owe almost 200,000 to the IRS after his house got reposessed? Sad.

He had one good, borderline great album, that's it. Nothing since, also known as falling off.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:31 pm

one good one borderline great ? Yaa okk .

He's dropped at least 3 mixtapes since he released those albums. He got caught up in label politics and since then left and made his own indie label and is going to record all new tracks from Venom, its not even called Venom , its called Playlist Poison . Cham broke? lol you CLEARLY have a perfect idea of what your talking about
sarcasm
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:06 pm

well as much as i like chamill he didn fall off, i downloaded most of his material in the last 2 years and the decline is really obvious, his punch lines are just...meh, and topic wise he aint doing anything new

MM7 had a few good tracks, but the major pain series and the playlist poison one were below his standards, and last time i heard him i noticed that he started using cuss words again, which he never did before

zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:21 pm

ali8775 wrote:one good one borderline great ? Yaa okk .

He's dropped at least 3 mixtapes since he released those albums. He got caught up in label politics and since then left and made his own indie label and is going to record all new tracks from Venom, its not even called Venom , its called Playlist Poison . Cham broke? lol you CLEARLY have a perfect idea of what your talking about
sarcasm

Really then? If he had more than just one great album, what was it? Besides Sound of Revenge, he has a terrible discography. I said he had one great album and you start bringing up mixtapes lmao. Fact of the matter is; he's been pushed back since '09, he can't make a hit(or else someone would get behind him to put an album out).

And it's not my opinion that Chams broke, it's a fact. Gov't repossessed his Texas home, look it up chump.

by zizzle on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:06 am
well as much as i like chamill he didn fall off, i downloaded most of his material in the last 2 years and the decline is really obvious, his punch lines are just...meh, and topic wise he aint doing anything new

MM7 had a few good tracks, but the major pain series and the playlist poison one were below his standards, and last time i heard him i noticed that he started using cuss words again, which he never did before

From the rest of your post, I think you meant "did" fall off. Which is exactly right, every since he decided to not swear on that one album, his careers been downhill ever since.

Lol, I remember when Cham tried to meet Michael Jordan(the GOAT) and MJ snubbed him, he had no idea who he was, said "I aint takin pictures wit no ni***s".

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:33 pm

Let's take a look at some of Ali's opinions on rap shall we? Laughing Laughing

Ali on Jay-z: the only album I enjoyed from Jay was blueprint 3 tbh, maybe it was the production idk

(Apparently, he's never heard RD or Blueprint)

Ali on Biggie: Biggie is overhyped(facepalm)

Ali on Wu-Tang: Wu-Tang is overrated(facepalmx2)

Ali on DMX: DMX one of the greatest(x3) (Unless he meant greatest at annually ending up in jail, he's got that on lock)

Ali on Ghostface: theres nothing special about Ghostfaces individual albums.(Ever heard Supreme Clientele or Fishscale?? Rolling Eyes )

And that's just up until page 4.

You got a lot to learn kid
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:24 pm

People are interested enough in my opinion on rap to make me an official reviewer lol it doesn't matter what you think about me tbh, I care more about your opinion as I do on the news about MC Hammer
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:55 pm

I must agree with dmize, Ali has a lot things to learn about rap, and he shouldnt be ashamed of that.Rap is never done, and every new MC brings a diferent view, diferent flavour to the game.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:47 am

I guess everyone has his own opinion
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:26 am

For the most part, I would say we are all entitled to our own opinion, but in life there are always variables. I don't think we are saying you aren't entitled to your opinion, but your going up against a lot of numbers. Most people with a well based rap education would have issues taking your opinion seriously.

P.S. This is coming from a Jay Z hater, although I won't deny he had his moments. I have a certain amount of respect for the man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:33 am

This is a awesome song with DMX Thumbs up

and this one

Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:13 pm

I've agreed with ali on a few things throughout the thread, but my disagreements with him far outweigh. I won't draw on them like dmize, but I think most of you could tell my views anyway.

Back to the music, I was listening to "Conspiracy" today on the train. It had been a while, I almost forgot how good the album is.

THC, I'm heading back to NY in October. PM if you want to chill, we'll sort something out.

adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:30 pm

Nice remix with the addition of Bun B and Tech N9ne. Joell is in good company with this one.

Last edited by adnyana179 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:37 pm

This would be great on the upcoming "Nasty", even as a bonus track. It perhaps was intended for "The Lost Tapes 2", too bad that project looks dead and gone.

adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next