M99
zizzle
Raptorgunner
KMD
Ali
40 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by M99 Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:26 pm

Fail, I wanted to put Dre Day in 3 and Real idontwanttogetbannedsoiwontsayit G's in 4 The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 8 Facepalmjg

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by dmize Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:28 pm

milanista99 wrote:Bash me all you want but I agree with Ali. Jay Z and Wu Tang Clan are overrated. Don't get me wrong, I really like their music (I posted two of Jay Z's songs here) but I don't rate them as high as most people do. Jay Z, some people argue is the greatest of all time, that's just wrong. He is awesome but he is not as great as he is hyped up. He not be in my top 10, but at the end of the day it's just different people's opions. I don't think Ali was deserved to be bashed like this, he was just stating his opinion.

And about Wu Tang Clan, Protect Ya Neck and C.R.E.A.M are one of my favourite songs of all time and I like their music a lot but the really are overrated. Whenever someone says who is the best rap group of all time, Wu Tang Clan is the common answer. N.W.A, Public Enemy and Run DMC>WU Tang Clan. These three REVOLUTIONIZED HIP HOP, without them hip hop would not be where it is today.

Jay is not even in my top 5 doa, yet I still don't consider him overrated. And as Adnyana knows I was one of his bigger critics on here. RD alone is underrated if anything.

And I don't recall anyone saying Wu-Tang is the best group of all time in here. Anyone with hip-hop knowledge knows ATCQ, NWA, EPMD are better(Run DMC is not tho) groups, but that doesn't mean they are/were overhyped or overrated.

I still haven't heard a solid reason for why the Wu is overrated.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:30 pm

In general I like all Game's diss songs:

and of course 300 bars was ridiculous
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:31 pm

dmize wrote:
milanista99 wrote:Bash me all you want but I agree with Ali. Jay Z and Wu Tang Clan are overrated. Don't get me wrong, I really like their music (I posted two of Jay Z's songs here) but I don't rate them as high as most people do. Jay Z, some people argue is the greatest of all time, that's just wrong. He is awesome but he is not as great as he is hyped up. He not be in my top 10, but at the end of the day it's just different people's opions. I don't think Ali was deserved to be bashed like this, he was just stating his opinion.

And about Wu Tang Clan, Protect Ya Neck and C.R.E.A.M are one of my favourite songs of all time and I like their music a lot but the really are overrated. Whenever someone says who is the best rap group of all time, Wu Tang Clan is the common answer. N.W.A, Public Enemy and Run DMC>WU Tang Clan. These three REVOLUTIONIZED HIP HOP, without them hip hop would not be where it is today.

And I don't recall anyone saying Wu-Tang is the best group of all time in here. Anyone with hip-hop knowledge knows ATCQ, NWA, EPMD are better(Run DMC is not tho) groups, but that doesn't mean they are/were overhyped or overrated.

Not here necessarily but a lot of people say that.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:33 pm

milanista99 wrote:
dmize wrote:Agree with your top 2. But no "No Vaseline", "The Bridge Is Over" or "The Bitch in Yoo"? At least 2 of those 3 are top 5 imo.

edit: what adnyana said too, 2nd round k.o. is another that could be top 5.

I was thinking of putting those in my list but really, which one should I have left out?

I would keep your top 3 in there, maybe: 1. Hit Em Up 2. Ether 3. No Vaseline 4. Fk Wit Dre Day 5. The Bitch In Yoo. Something like that.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:36 pm

dmize wrote:
milanista99 wrote:
dmize wrote:Agree with your top 2. But no "No Vaseline", "The Bridge Is Over" or "The Bitch in Yoo"? At least 2 of those 3 are top 5 imo.

edit: what adnyana said too, 2nd round k.o. is another that could be top 5.

I was thinking of putting those in my list but really, which one should I have left out?

I would keep your top 3 in there, maybe: 1. Hit Em Up 2. Ether 3. No Vaseline 4. Fk Wit Dre Day 5. The Bitch In Yoo. Something like that.

Great list The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 8 3176931354
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:36 pm

milanista99 wrote:
dmize wrote:

Not here necessarily but a lot of people say that.

Yeah true, a possible reason for that, is that the Wu came out later than those others mentioned. So the 90's generation grew up with Wu-Tang instead of NWA, EPMD, PE, etc.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:43 pm

What led you guys not to even consider "Takeover" on these lists?
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:45 pm

dmize wrote:In general I like all Game's diss songs:

His persistent name dropping is something I've certainly gotten used to, but I still read so many people with problems on it. It's not like he's just started the trend lol.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:50 pm

adnyana179 wrote:What led you guys not to even consider "Takeover" on these lists?

Although it's a great song, Ether is the better diss. It's just not in my top 5, top 10 for sure. I think The Bridge is Over is better which I left outta my top 5 too.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:53 pm

adnyana179 wrote:
dmize wrote:In general I like all Game's diss songs:

His persistent name dropping is something I've certainly gotten used to, but I still read so many people with problems on it. It's not like he's just started the trend lol.

Yeah, that's one of the main things his haters will say. He name drops everyone blah. I remember someone made a list of everybody he name dropped on L.A.X. It's always been his style since before the Documentary even.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:53 pm

On a lighter note, you all know I had to post this.

adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:59 pm

adnyana179 wrote:On a lighter note, you all know I had to post this.

Curtissssssssss

^I'm sure I've posted it before but it's worth dropping again.

"I know he 40 years old
I dont respect my elders" Lol
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:05 pm

dmize wrote:
adnyana179 wrote:What led you guys not to even consider "Takeover" on these lists?

Although it's a great song, Ether is the better diss. It's just not in my top 5, top 10 for sure. I think The Bridge is Over is better which I left outta my top 5 too.

I actually believe "Takeover" is an excellent diss track for two reasons:

- He took on both Prodigy and Nas, killing Prodigy and causing such a stir to really ignite the feud with Nas (despite only being one verse directly)
- To me, it had more truth and fact, which is what I look for in a diss record

Sometimes, I think the whole comparison is skewed, since "Ether" was a full length while "Takeover" was split.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:18 pm

I usually can't go a page or two without some LOX.

adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:22 pm

Pusha going at Cons, Styles on the track as well

Gunna need the mp3 of this when I find it.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:27 pm

dmize wrote:
adnyana179 wrote:On a lighter note, you all know I had to post this.

Curtissssssssss

^I'm sure I've posted it before but it's worth dropping again.

"I know he 40 years old
I dont respect my elders" Lol

Lol yeah, I think the second or third time it's been posted. Cam had the target on him from all angles back then, he just dealt with it.

I didn't like this feud at the time, so I was happy when "Family Reunion" brought them all back together.

adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:32 pm

Even though Joe is an infinitely better rapper than Lil B, he still got at him on this track

"stfu with all those depressin ass songs, its summertime, get some pvssy and go home" made me lol

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:34 pm

dmize wrote:Pusha going at Cons, Styles on the track as well

Gunna need the mp3 of this when I find it.

I was actually watching this interview with Pusha a little earlier.

adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:39 pm

dmize wrote:Even though Joe is an infinitely better rapper than Lil B, he still got at him on this track

"stfu with all those depressin ass songs, its summertime, get some pvssy and go home" made me lol

Another example for my mixed opinion of Lil' B. When he puts his mind to it, he can make a decent track.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:04 pm

I was going to post some Budden diss tracks, how did I miss this whole debate? Thanks for calling me up for this one. By the way, I'm sure some of you know how I feel about Jay, but I actually love everything about "Takeover".

Back in HS I was a huge Game fan, but people who didn't like him always brought up the name dropping thing. I guess I never really noticed or it just doesn't bother me. I actually pick up on it from time to time when I listen to his stuff.

Here are a few of my favorite diss tracks...

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:21 pm

Anyone better than thise? DOPE

JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:33 am

M99, I agree with your top 5...but Officer Down HAS to be in mine tbh its so over-looked !

he just went CRAZY!

btw 50's reply to Cam'Ron was dope too lol

what the hell happened to Juelz Santana ?

Btw I agree , BIG L is freaking amazing, I haven't heard a Big L Is Back ( 2pac is back ) remix , so I made one myself the other day haha :king:

Going through most of this thread without this Rakim song is sin

Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:52 am

Not sure what you all think of Uncle Murda. I've heard a good lot of him, he's not in the upper brackets but he drops some nice material from time to time.

Last edited by adnyana179 on Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:57 am

ali8775 wrote:M99, I agree with your top 5...but Officer Down HAS to be in mine tbh its so over-looked !

he just went CRAZY!

btw 50's reply to Cam'Ron was dope too lol

what the hell happened to Juelz Santana ?

Btw I agree , BIG L is freaking amazing, I haven't heard a Big L Is Back ( 2pac is back ) remix , so I made one myself the other day haha :king:

Going through most of this thread without this Rakim song is sin

Juelz was doing fine with Weezy and that Skull Gang project, but he's slacked off too much. Been waiting on that 3rd album for years now lol.

I've posted Rakim in the past, but no one responded to it. Nice to see another fan on here.

^^ One of my favourite collabo tracks.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:30 pm

man that collabo was seriously crazy, I like seeing Rakim pick diff beats out, hes so versatile, one of the best to ever do it , hes the real grandfather of rap, he was MILES no no LIGHTYEARS ahead of anyone when he first came out, changed the rap game by changing his rhyme scheme and ignoring bars !

Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next