M99
zizzle
Raptorgunner
KMD
Ali
40 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by adnyana179 Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:20 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:I knew I was forgetting something, Who Killed Hip-Hop is an amazing track.

Ali, I don't understand your dislike for Budden after going back and making my list. I don't feel many rappers can offer as much emotion/passion and skill. Not sure what more you can ask for from Budden.

Adnyana, you've made me feel like less of a Budden fan Sad
Budden is an introvert, so those same types can easily connect and relate to more of his music. Ali admits to being an extrovert, the "life of the party", so I can see why he might not like the "Anti" and "Just to be Different" style of tracks (or not as much as we do).

adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by adnyana179 Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:28 pm

dmize wrote:

Too smooth

It would surprise me if izzy and ali weren't fans of that one too.

New Budden track.

adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Do you find Budden music to be depressing?

I know he had a video on JBTV about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:52 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:Do you find Budden music to be depressing?

I know he had a video on JBTV about it.

I don't feel depressed from it, but he does go there (perhaps more explicitly than anyone else). He raps on suicide and personal issues without any censorship; his lyrics are nothing but raw thoughts.

I've read many people claim that his music "saved their life" and provides a level of solace, so it's more of an inverse effect.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:56 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Budden is between that line of being appreciated by the real hip hop fans but not appreciated by everyone.....

He is pretty much full on underground so its harder for people to appreciate him unless you listen to all his tracks.....

I get the feeling some people rate certain rappers on a pedestal because others rate them and have not actually listened to thier whole catalogue to give a honest opinion.....

Disclaimer: not aimed at anyone here just a general thing i have picked up over the years.....

Listening to alot of Wu Solo albums and Southern Hip Hop recently.

You're not alone on that one. I guess it comes down to how well you can form your own opinions and how open minded you are. How can you really rate an artist if you can recite their biggest hook but can't describe their style or their strengths / weaknesses across the board?

When you say an "honest" opinion, I look at it more like an "informed" opinion.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:11 am

I'm downloading this Yelawolf album to check it out, if for nothing more than the Em track. Heard it's just average overall.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:23 am

dmize wrote:I'm downloading this Yelawolf album to check it out, if for nothing more than the Em track. Heard it's just average overall.

Let me know your opinion on that one. I was reading somewhere that The Source gave it a 4.5.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:01 am

adnyana179 wrote:I don't feel depressed from it, but he does go there (perhaps more explicitly than anyone else). He raps on suicide and personal issues without any censorship; his lyrics are nothing but raw thoughts.

I've read many people claim that his music "saved their life" and provides a level of solace, so it's more of an inverse effect.

This is exactly how I feel about Budden. He hits you with such raw real lyrics that you don't expect any other rapper to come at you with.

His real-ness and the fact he is willing to rap on very personal subjects is something I respect. Got mad love Budden.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:27 am

izzy26 wrote:
adnyana179 wrote:I don't feel depressed from it, but he does go there (perhaps more explicitly than anyone else). He raps on suicide and personal issues without any censorship; his lyrics are nothing but raw thoughts.

This is exactly how I feel about Budden. He hits you with such raw real lyrics that you don't expect any other rapper to come at you with.

His real-ness and the fact he is willing to rap on very personal subjects is something I respect. Got mad love Budden.

"Id rather have 20 fans that f*** wit Joe Budden, than a million that are here for the moment" -- from an interview of his I posted months back.

Nice to see we've got at least 4 on here.

Nice sig BTW. I don't think I got your opinion on "Master of Ceremonies" before I had a break from here. What did you think of it?
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:32 am

adnyana179 wrote:
izzy26 wrote:

"Id rather have 20 fans that f*** wit Joe Budden, than a million that are here for the moment" -- from an interview of his I posted months back.

Nice sig BTW. I don't think I got your opinion on "Master of Ceremonies" before I had a break from here. What did you think of it?

Love the album. Honestly, I thoght Styles had fallen of a bit from 2009 onwards but he came back hard with this one. Better than Time Is Money and maybe on par (or slightly edges) Super Gangster.

Defintely in my top 3 albums of the year:
Master of Ceremonies
Rolling Stoned
The R.E.D.Album
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:45 am

izzy26 wrote:
adnyana179 wrote:
izzy26 wrote:

Love the album. Honestly, I thoght Styles had fallen of a bit from 2009 onwards but he came back hard with this one. Better than Time Is Money and maybe on par (or slightly edges) Super Gangster.

Master of Ceremonies
Rolling Stoned
The R.E.D.Album

I agree with your rankings. It's a tough ask to match his debut, but I think he came the closest here. "Ryde on da Regular" and "Feelings Gone" I'd say are favorites, probably because they are solo tracks.

I didn't know you were a fan of Smoke DZA -- more respect to you.

BTW, what's up with your BBM?

adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:50 am

adnyana179 wrote:
izzy26 wrote:
adnyana179 wrote:
izzy26 wrote:

Master of Ceremonies
Rolling Stoned
The R.E.D.Album

I agree with your rankings. It's a tough ask to match his debut, but I think he came the closest here. "Ryde on the Regular" and "Feelings Gone" I'd say are favorites, probably because they are solo tracks.

Agree with 'Ryde on the Regular' and Feeling is Gone'. Also, love Sheeks verse on 'Street Shit' and enjoy 'We don't Play' with Banks.
That Rolling Stoned album was unbelieveable and props the DZA.

BBM has been trouble all week, going to get it checked out.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:08 am

izzy26 wrote:
adnyana179 wrote:
izzy26 wrote:
adnyana179 wrote:
izzy26 wrote:

Master of Ceremonies
Rolling Stoned
The R.E.D.Album

I agree with your rankings. It's a tough ask to match his debut, but I think he came the closest here. "Ryde on the Regular" and "Feelings Gone" I'd say are favorites, probably because they are solo tracks.

Agree with 'Ryde on the Regular' and Feeling is Gone'. Also, love Sheeks verse on 'Street Shit' and enjoy 'We don't Play' with Banks.
That Rolling Stoned album was unbelieveable and props the DZA.

BBM has been trouble all week, going to get it checked out.

Agree with that verse on "Street Shit", he outdone Styles on that one. Not sure how everyone else here feels about Sheek; he's always been overshadowed.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:39 am

adnyana179 wrote:Agree with that verse on "Street Shit", he outdone Styles on that one. Not sure how everyone else here feels about Sheek; he's always been overshadowed.

When your part of a group that consists of Styles and Jada, it's going to be extremely hard to show yourself and your own identity. He did show he does have the lyrics.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:55 am

izzy26 wrote:
adnyana179 wrote:Agree with that verse on "Street Shit", he outdone Styles on that one. Not sure how everyone else here feels about Sheek; he's always been overshadowed.

When your part of a group that consists of Styles and Jada, it's going to be extremely hard to show yourself and your own identity. He did show he does have the lyrics.

Yeah that's true, especially when Jada and Styles have made so many memorable back and fourth tracks. I feel his identity is actually a good hybrid of the other two.

I don't think anyone could question his skills and talent. To me, he's always come hard with his albums and tapes.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:19 pm

When you have Banks and Styles on a track, you know it's a hit, they *bleep* with each other
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:10 pm

adnyana179 wrote:
dmize wrote:I'm downloading this Yelawolf album to check it out, if for nothing more than the Em track. Heard it's just average overall.

Let me know your opinion on that one. I was reading somewhere that The Source gave it a 4.5.

4.5? Damn, that's pretty crazy. It's probably a 3-3.5 album. The Eminem track is good, nothing great. The beats nice and Em kills it as usual, but the chorus I found annoying. The first 7 or so tracks aren't bad, then it tails off quite a bit. I really only liked the Intro, Hard White and a couple other tracks.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:11 pm

dmize wrote:
adnyana179 wrote:

4.5? Damn, that's pretty crazy. It's probably a 3-3.5 album. The Eminem track is good, nothing great. The beats nice and Em kills it as usual, but the chorus I found annoying. The first 7 or so tracks aren't bad, then it tails off quite a bit. I really only liked the Intro, Hard White and a couple other tracks.

Trunk Muzik bangs more then the album (I HEARD)

also, Em didn't kill it, the lyrics were horrible lol lemme post em :

Me and Yelawolf, tear the roof, off this motherf-cker, You ain’t got the umph, you’re a hoof, to the foot of an elephant, Hello tuts, you look so eloquent, that’s what I tell a c-nt, Come sit up front ’cause you’re kickin’ my seat and I’m trying to the tell the cashier what I want! They say I act like an asshole, when I pull up at the White Castle, And I ask for an appli-cation, throw it back in her face an’, Tell the b-tch I’m a rapper, then I wack her in the head with a Whopper, That I bought from BK, you expect me to be proper? B-tch you better pop in a CD of me immediately, SLUT, HO, skidda dee da da. Prada? Nadda. Chance I was thinkin’ about buying you some clothes, But Target was closed so I decided to mosey on over to K-Mart, But the doors..was locked, what about some shoes I thought, Great I suppose, so I go to Payless but what’dya know, They don’t carry a size 8 in HOES! …Oh! This is ugly boy swag (yeah), puttin’ toe tags, On you motherf-cking ho bags, what a trailer trash pi-o-neer, I am here, that’s why I’m here. I don’t got a rhyme book it’s more like a motherf-ckin’ diary of diareah! Me, Yelawolf and Gangsta Boo came here to show you a thing or two, ‘Bout sign language, middle fingers aimed at you so we don’t gotta SCREAM AT YOU! Ow! I just bit my bottom lip, it was an accident, I went to go tell ‘em all to go get BUCKED, But I’m not gonna bite my tongue, little b-tch throw it up.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:14 pm

Has anyone here heard H.F.M.2?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:20 pm

Better late than never.....

http://respect-mag.com/concert-review-styles-p-hosts-master-of-ceremonies-release-party-at-b-b-king-club-new-york/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:29 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:Better late than never.....

http://respect-mag.com/concert-review-styles-p-hosts-master-of-ceremonies-release-party-at-b-b-king-club-new-york/

What did you think of LBs stuff ?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:59 pm

ali8775 wrote:Has anyone here heard H.F.M.2?

It was a good album; certainly an improvement from "Rotten Apple" which I wasn't feeling that much.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:28 pm

ali8775 wrote:
dmize wrote:
adnyana179 wrote:

Trunk Muzik bangs more then the album (I HEARD)

also, Em didn't kill it, the lyrics were horrible lol lemme post em :

Yeah, he did. Don't care what the lyrics are, his delivery, the way he rode the beat were both on point. The lyrics weren't perfect but they still weren't much far off from what he spit on BME, aka how he's been rapping for the past 2 years...

It's a top 2 verse on the album, probably the best, so Yes Em did kill it(when doesn't he though?).
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:34 pm

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 23 Mobbdeep--black-cocaine

1. Dead Man's Shoes (featuring Bounty Killer)
2. Black Cocaine
3. Conquer
4. Get It Forever" (featuring Nas)
5. Last Days

Opinions?

Edit: and Curren$y - Jet World Order dropped. Dope, good day for hip-hop.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:16 am

dmize wrote:The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 23 Mobbdeep--black-cocaine

1. Dead Man's Shoes (featuring Bounty Killer)
2. Black Cocaine
3. Conquer
4. Get It Forever" (featuring Nas)
5. Last Days

Opinions?

Edit: and Curren$y - Jet World Order dropped. Dope, good day for hip-hop.

Will grab that Mobb Deep tonight and let you know.

EDIT: It's a decent drop for what it is. Favourite track is "Conquer", Havoc did well with that beat. The track with Nas was decent and hopefully their album together builds from it.

Will listen to that new Curren$y tomorrow.

Last edited by adnyana179 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:37 am; edited 2 times in total
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Loshijosdequien Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:16 am

The Martyr Immortal Technique anyone listen to it?! Very Happy
Loshijosdequien
Loshijosdequien
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next