BarcaLearning
Myesyats
danyjr
titosantill
Harmonica
55 posters

Page 23 of 37 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 37  Next

Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 23 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV

Post by _LMG_10_ Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:37 am

farfan wrote:Looking forward to his 0 goals in the World Cup

They said the same thing about him before the 2014 world cup and he did this in the first match:

By the way, he has 9 goals in his last 3 matches for Argentina I believe lol

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 23 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV

Post by Harmonica Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:42 am

Messi not scoring in WC10 Proud

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 23 WeHbRxI
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:27 pm

farfan is clearly just another anti Messi biased fan, arrogant one as well who often has no idea but think hes always right Very Happy

Messi on this form will definitely score in this WC, especially considering the other real scorer consistently in the team is Lautaro, so Messi has to both create and score in order to win the games.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:14 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:farfan is clearly just another anti Messi biased fan, arrogant one as well who often has no idea but think hes always right Very Happy

Messi on this form will definitely score in this WC, especially considering the other real scorer consistently in the team is Lautaro, so Messi has to both create and score in order to win the games.

Oh true the Lyon fan who has not shown any bias to anything let alone Lyon itself, is biased against Messi.

Who bar some cherrypicked moments has failed to show up in key moments for Argentina, on the big stage, countless times.

6 goals in 19 games is a pathetic return for someone of his calibre. He doesn't have any memorable performances on that stage.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:46 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:farfan is clearly just another anti Messi biased fan, arrogant one as well who often has no idea but think hes always right Very Happy

Oh true the Lyon fan who has not shown any bias to anything let alone Lyon itself, is biased against Messi.

Who bar some cherrypicked moments has failed to show up in key moments for Argentina, on the big stage, countless times.

6 goals in 19 games is a pathetic return for someone of his calibre. He doesn't have any memorable performances on that stage.

Farfan is definitely a closeted Madrid fan. He's been called out on it before. He's anti Messi, anti Busquets, anti Pep, and pro Mourinho. If he isn't a Madrid fan, he definitely has a negative bias toward Barca. He reminds me of my coworker who is originally from Guinea, but spent most of his life in France. They have the same exact footballing views despite claiming not to be Madrid fans. They loved Mourinho's Inter and Madrid and thought Pep's Barca was the most scumbag team alive.

Although, I do appreciate his contrasting views. It would be boring if everyone agreed Messi was the GOAT, Xavi was the best CM ever, Busquets is the best DM of his generation, and Pep is the best coach in the world. In this last decade this forum has had loose affiliations between Barca and Madrid. Not sure how many actually care about the teams, but they definitely had players/coaches who had strong fanbases. For instance, most of my views align with the pro-Barca camp, as I vouch for Cruyff, Pep, Xavi, and Messi. You used to be similar Arq, but then you turned into a Ronaldo shill a few years ago. I'll never forgive you for claiming Jorginho should win the Ballon d'or just so Messi wouldn't have 2 more than Ronaldo. Even Farfan didn't stoop to those levels either.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:40 pm

Casciavit wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

Farfan is definitely a closeted Madrid fan. He's been called out on it before. He's anti Messi, anti Busquets, anti Pep, and pro Mourinho. If he isn't a Madrid fan, he definitely has a negative bias toward Barca. He reminds me of my coworker who is originally from Guinea, but spent most of his life in France. They have the same exact footballing views despite claiming not to be Madrid fans. They loved Mourinho's Inter and Madrid and thought Pep's Barca was the most scumbag team alive.

Although, I do appreciate his contrasting views. It would be boring if everyone agreed Messi was the GOAT, Xavi was the best CM ever, Busquets is the best DM of his generation, and Pep is the best coach in the world. In this last decade this forum has had loose affiliations between Barca and Madrid. Not sure how many actually care about the teams, but they definitely had players/coaches who had strong fanbases. For instance, most of my views align with the pro-Barca camp, as I vouch for Cruyff, Pep, Xavi, and Messi. You used to be similar Arq, but then you turned into a Ronaldo shill a few years ago. I'll never forgive you for claiming Jorginho should win the Ballon d'or just so Messi wouldn't have 2 more than Ronaldo. Even Farfan didn't stoop to those levels either.

I somehow found this response heavily endearing and towards you, maybe cause I've known you for a while back and through.

Ronaldo I turned out to like because of how he turned into an absolute big game flop to a sore loser to the career he's turned out to have now. For me its more his mentality than his..rather limited game, and the displays of that mindset.

I wanted Jorginho to win but not at the expense of Messi as I am a fan of Messi but as any footballer would be given he is just a phenomenon and he left a mark in me when he carried the ball in his prime against the teams I support, so deep was the fear when he was on. Never will a player inspire that fear in me as a fan. But Im largely indifferent to his path as his footballing story itself as a whole I just find rather boring, for maybe I'm seeking drama beyond the pitch for all I know.

I don't know what came over me in Jorginho but i was the same one who said Sneijder should have won given his world cup and Champions League so the same logic applied for me to Jorgi given his Champions League and Euro exploits.

I admit I didn't have much conviction behind it. Ronaldo v Messi for me as a whole has been a total pendulum of support for me as I've grown up which tells one my opinion on that debate is close to useless. As of now I've lost respect for CR in his recent exploits and am watching Messi weekly in his resurgence fervently, so that tells you all.

I admit, I am guilty brother.

But now my opinion is that I will simply miss them since they are both at the end of their careers, and this Harland v Mbappe thing is doing nothing for me since both do not fascinate. me the least bit.

If Farfan is a closed Madrid fan he is what I was during the Mou v Pep era as a closet Barça fan, hoping for that team to end the Mourinho surge, but I never admitted it then.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:41 am

RG was the same. Pro-Messi in the debate for a long time then all of a sudden got the taste for Ronaldo. Weird disgusting behaviour.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:59 am

Arquitecto wrote:
Casciavit wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

I somehow found this response heavily endearing and towards you, maybe cause I've known you for a while back and through.

Ronaldo I turned out to like because of how he turned into an absolute big game flop to a sore loser to the career he's turned out to have now. For me its more his mentality than his..rather limited game, and the displays of that mindset.

I wanted Jorginho to win but not at the expense of Messi as I am a fan of Messi but as any footballer would be given he is just a phenomenon and he left a mark in me when he carried the ball in his prime against the teams I support, so deep was the fear when he was on. Never will a player inspire that fear in me as a fan. But Im largely indifferent to his path as his footballing story itself as a whole I just find rather boring, for maybe I'm seeking drama beyond the pitch for all I know.

I don't know what came over me in Jorginho but i was the same one who said Sneijder should have won given his world cup and Champions League so the same logic applied for me to Jorgi given his Champions League and Euro exploits.

I admit I didn't have much conviction behind it. Ronaldo v Messi for me as a whole has been a total pendulum of support for me as I've grown up which tells one my opinion on that debate is close to useless. As of now I've lost respect for CR in his recent exploits and am watching Messi weekly in his resurgence fervently, so that tells you all.

I admit, I am guilty brother.

But now my opinion is that I will simply miss them since they are both at the end of their careers, and this Harland v Mbappe thing is doing nothing for me since both do not fascinate. me the least bit.

If Farfan is a closed Madrid fan he is what I was during the Mou v Pep era as a closet Barça fan, hoping for that team to end the Mourinho surge, but I never admitted it then.

The Jorginho comment was more said in jest. You were always one of my favourite posters from the day I joined. Your writing style has impacted my own over the last decade. I’ll always be partial to you. Heart

I think Sneijder was better and more influential for Inter and Netherlands than Jorginho was. I don’t know. I could never find myself nominating someone like Busquets for the ballon d’or let alone someone who is worse than him at every aspect of football.

Mbappe vs Haaland will follow a similar narrative to Messi vs Ronaldo. You’re already seeing guys like Henry and Scholes claim Mbappe is better because he is more than just a poacher. Although they’re both way more boring and less talented than Messi and CR as overall players, so I can see why you aren’t interested in them. Their battle will be even more stats focused and the eye test will lower in importance as their careers go on.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:15 am

Posts like above are a lesson why any footballing spectator needs to go beyond the graft of his emotions in judging a player, team, coach (to which I am often guilty of), even if GL culture is notorious for mostly banter. Lascia above, has evolved as a footballing mind far beyond what I was even I am a bit too lazy to go deep into the tactics verbally, by now but all of us enjoy reading his near Sacchi-ian analysis of the game.

A lot above, tells me a lot of us who will almost root for Messi and Pep to fail (as toxic as that is) likely comes from a period of seeing those two terrorise our teams which brings me to the statement on how Barça remains the most disliked team of the decade cumulatively, even if some reasons are justified and the pinnacle of that hate goes to our beloved bald fraud.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:41 am

Very Happy Lovely posts, and why I like GL, u guys r legends, hope I dont sound h0m0 Very Happy I dunno how long ive been on here but it must have been so many yrs, time flies, still clueless but definitely know more about the game than b4, thx a lot to quality posts n kind replies from all u guys, keep it up Razz Also just to point out Im guessing a lot of the more causal fans just dont have the time or effort to actually watch n read a lot about the matches, etc., I've been kidna lucky having been able to do that partly due to Covid as well as being a bum I guess n that helps lol Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:19 pm

Dat throughball though.

​​The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 23 R8NRVtA

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 23 Jv74vIo
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:29 am

I saw a stat that every time Messi has scored free kicks in 2 games in a row, he's made it 3 in a row.

When's the next match? Very Happy

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:45 am

40th victim in CL.

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 23 YgtD19m
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:23 pm

Vintage goal.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:23 pm

craziest thing is that's very difficult to pull off for the average footballer but that's like his trademark goal lol
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:09 pm

Career 60 freekick goals. Top 5 for me

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 23 FJBvKwQ

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 23 CSo4MGu

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 23 ULtgWvm

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 23 NT9ESJR

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 23 Vt7yTV1
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:02 am

The panenka free kick is one of the most overrated free kicks of all time. If the defender didn’t get in the goalie way it would have been an easy save.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:15 am

Cruijf wrote:The panenka free kick is one of the most overrated free kicks of all time. If the defender didn’t get in the goalie way it would have been an easy save.
That interaction is what makes this one special for me, goalie can't go for it or he could ko the defender. Messi has bunch of more "perfect" versions of similar position.

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 23 K4kHyLR
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:01 am

I am surprised you don't have the one vs Atletico against Courtois in your top 5. I think Ray Hudson compared him to Beethoven after that one Very Happy

The one against USA might have been his best one. Judging by his reaction, it might be his own favorite. He had the "that was filthy" look on his face after that goal lol

But picking Messi's "best of" anything is an impossible task, given the sheer volume of brilliant quality he's produced throughout his career.

His freekicks are a work of art.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:23 am

My favorite had to be the Liverpool one, although it is soured a bit by the second leg. In terms of sheer quality though that has to take it. The US one is also great.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:17 am

_LMG_10_ wrote:I am surprised you don't have the one vs Atletico against Courtois in your top 5. I think Ray Hudson compared him to Beethoven after that one  Very Happy
That's good too. It's actually a better version of similar goal against Atletico Madrid, the first FK Messi ever scored.

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 23 SO3M01y

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 23 TbNAvMP
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:06 pm

yah the one against Atletico/Courtois has to be his best imo
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:49 pm

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-the-100-best-football-players-of-all-time/10

Lionel Messi
Diego Maradona
Cristiano Ronaldo
Pele
Zinedine Zidane
Johan Cruyff
George Best
Franz Beckenbauer
Ferenc Puskas
Ronaldo

Brit bias showing with Cronaldo ahead of Pele, and Best in Top 10.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:40 pm

Any poll missing di Stefano is not reliable!

Last edited by futbol_bill on Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:44 pm

I would place Pele above Messi and certainly above Maradona and then i would place Cruyff, Stefano and Puskas before CRonaldo. And then Zidane.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:16 am

I don't even like C Ronny but Pele was playing against plumbers and farmers. Give me C Ronster
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 37 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 37  Next