BarcaLearning
Myesyats
danyjr
titosantill
Harmonica
55 posters

Page 6 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 37  Next

Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 6 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:11 pm

Kroos' final third passes. Shame on you Hans for talking down at the midfield maverick

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 6 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV

Post by Lucifer Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:01 pm

Can we just not do Messi-Ronaldo in 2020 please.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:43 pm

Paul Scholes on Messi.

https://www.sportbible.com/football...el-messi-vs-cristiano-ronaldo-debate-20200911

"When I think about our win over Barcelona in that game, on our way to the second Champions League title of the Sir Alex Ferguson era, I always remember that tackle.

"Yes, I scored the only goal of the tie, and it was one of my better ones. But I will never forget that couple of seconds when the best footballer in the world deceived me into fouling him and I waited for the world to fall in.

"It should have been a penalty to Barcelona, and an away goal would have won them the tie. But for some reason the referee didn't give it, the game moved on and even Messi did not make much of a fuss.

"The relief was overwhelming for a few moments -- and then I was back into the game."

Could've 10 cl's without refbias.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:05 pm

Oh I remember that game. Was in a pub in London.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:53 pm

Looking it back, how on earth wasn't it penalty? I mean how did they cover it? Surely it's easily the most obvious screw jobs in cl history?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:56 pm

Without corruption and with proper refereeing you don't reach the final in 2009 so..
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:59 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Without corruption and with proper refereeing you don't reach the final in 2009 so..
With unbiased refereeing Barca would've been 2-0 up, and the tie over vs Chelski.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:11 pm

Harmonica wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Without corruption and with proper refereeing you don't reach the final in 2009 so..
With unbiased refereeing Barca would've been 2-0 up, and the tie over vs Chelski.

What's more, the Scholes foul was arguably outside of the box and correctly given as free kick.
You are the one constantly diminishing Messi's greatness with your delusion and your persecution complex.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:13 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

What's more, the Scholes foul was arguably outside of the box and correctly given as free kick.
You are the one constantly diminishing Messi's greatness with your delusion and your persecution complex.
Yeah it was so far outside that he himself says it's a penalty. Pretty much every elimination match is referee induced, except last year. Atletico 16 non penalty, Bayern 14 block and offside goals etc...
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:19 pm

Harmonica wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

Yeah it was so far outside that he himself says it's a penalty. Pretty much every elimination match is referee induced, except last year. Atletico 16 non penalty, Bayern 14 block and offside goals etc...

well post a video then if you think it's such a blatant wrong decision
Proof or shut up
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:25 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

well post a video then if you think it's such a blatant wrong decision
Proof or shut up
Of what? Everything has already been completely proven and shown. Should we be concerned about memory at this point? I mean who even considers Refdrid the true Liga winners last year?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:35 pm

Had 30 second lookup on my superior database. For the umpteenth time both of these happened before any Chelsea peno calls. There's no handball penalties, or Anelka tripping his own foot without these.

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 6 FhQ5YJN

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 6 VS0bXvO
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:46 pm

Would have, could have, should have. Is that what the memories of Messi become?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:54 pm

Did you say they same thing after the Chelsea tie, or when Barca goal in Liga was overruled not being inside, being two foots inside? Exactly.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:11 pm

Also Hans, when ever you feel man enough, my chess challenge is always on. Smile
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:34 pm

Harmonica wrote:Also Hans, when ever you feel man enough, my chess challenge is always on. Smile

Nah in my imagination you're some Bobby Fischer type brain so no chance I humiliate myself :whistle:

i.e. I'm not yet quite man enough
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:32 am

Messi at 33 breaks Opta record (since 09-10) of most dribbles per game in Top 5 leagues plus CL/EL.

Top 5 League and CL/EL Dribbles per Game (+30 games)

5,83 Messi 19-20
5,76 Messi 10-11
5,59 Neymar 16-17
5,22 Messi 14-15
5,16 Hazard 14-15
4,xx ...
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:28 am

Barca with Messi and all the top players that dominated long periods of the past decade should have won a couple of more CLs, but luck is always factor and that includes ref decisions among so many factors Razz Same goes why Real who somehow managed to win 4 in 5 years was it? When they came 3rd in the league, just shows it all Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:04 pm

Harmonica wrote:Messi at 33 breaks Opta record (since 09-10) of most dribbles per game in Top 5 leagues plus CL/EL.

Top 5 League and CL/EL Dribbles per Game (+30 games)

5,83 Messi 19-20
5,76 Messi 10-11
5,59 Neymar 16-17
5,22 Messi 14-15
5,16 Hazard 14-15
4,xx ...
Didn't know they counted dribbling backwards to your own goal hmm
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:16 pm

Well it only needs to be one degree forward to be counted as a dribble. Twisted Evil I think Neymar is also somewhat guilty of this dribbling an arc like from side to center in middle of the pitch.

Also Messi beating more players than ever before, in a trophyless season just shows how much worth the rest of the players were.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:29 pm

Don't tell alexjanosik. The team would magically become better without Messi.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:41 pm

One footed.

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 6 NCrb5xk
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:05 pm

Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:18 pm

It's really not rocket science, Messi saw Trincao with the corner of his eye and knew that he was going to be making a run there and played a pass from memory which comes naturally if you're doing it 10+ years every few days.

What are you gonna do once Messi retires Jiops?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:15 pm

Probably the same what happened after Magic, Senna, Lemieux, Tyson... stop caring until something special again happens.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:54 pm

Unbelievable genius. On a different wavelength really. I remember watching Pirlo doing passes like that too.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 37  Next