BarcaLearning
Myesyats
danyjr
titosantill
Harmonica
55 posters

Page 7 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 37  Next

Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 7 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV

Post by danyjr Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:54 pm

Unbelievable genius. On a different wavelength really. I remember watching Pirlo doing passes like that too.

danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 7 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV

Post by Thimmy Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:57 pm

Harmonica wrote:One footed.

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 7 NCrb5xk

I'm pretty sure I recall Arjen Robben scoring a goal like that with his right foot, and he's one of the most left footed players I've ever seen Laughing You can tell that Messi is left footed by observing how his body reacts after firing off the shot. I react the same way when I put a lot of power behind left footed shots. I just don't have the same body control when I take them. Still a great goal, though.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:57 pm

Thimmy wrote:

I'm pretty sure I recall Arjen Robben scoring a goal like that with his right foot, and he's one of the most left footed players I've ever seen Laughing You can tell that Messi is left footed by observing how his body reacts after firing off the shot. I react the same way when I put a lot of power behind left footed shots. I just don't have the same body control when I take them. Still a great goal, though.
Did you you know that Cronaldo has only 10 goals more with weaker foot? Pedro, probably the most ambidextrous forwards, 30 goals less. Just to show how stupid argument, one footed is.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:00 pm

I think it is pretty well documented that Messi's right foot is better than most players. He just doesn't need to use it often as he is not an all-out striker/poacher. Most Cristina fans (and pundits, shockingly) will call him more complete because he can score header goals. Which is about the only thing he is better than Messi at.

A more complete striker? Arguable. A more complete player? Not even in the same league.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:11 pm

in my experience it's much harder for left footed players to train their right foot, i don't know why Laughing but it's just something i've seen in my time and from pro ballers on tv too. Maybe it's a right brain - left brain thing.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:12 pm

Yeah the only thing Cronaldo is better, is at heading. But then again Messi beat him their only 1on1 ever. If Messi actually tried being target man, during corners etc. who knows.

Last edited by Harmonica on Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:14 pm

El Gunner wrote:in my experience it's much harder for left footed players to train their right foot, i don't know why Laughing but it's just something i've seen in my time and from pro ballers on tv too. Maybe it's a right brain - left brain thing.
I think that could be statistically correct. One weird thing also is the hockey/golf shot, which can be either way dominant. It doesn't matter if you're lefty or righty, brain decides which is the convenient one.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:56 pm

im right footed, started training my left foot when i was 12 and still had dreams of making it pro. Got pretty good with it tbh, so much so i always get a few people asking me whether im right or left footed. But to me it's still so obvious what i am because you feel the awkwardness in shifting of your body weight when you take a powerful shot/pass with your non-dominant foot (similar to what Timmmmeh mentioned above). I find the best way to negate non-dominant foot awkward balancing issues is to lean forward and hit the ball with your laces. I've scored some of my best goals in my life with my left foot.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:49 pm

I don't have a dominant foot. In fact I'm probably the most ambidextrous footballer I've ever met.

Spoiler:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:05 pm

Harmonica wrote:Yeah the only thing Cronaldo is better, is at heading. But then again Messi beat him their only 1on1 ever. If Messi actually tried being target man, during corners etc. who knows.

If this video proves anything it's that CR7 put  10% effort in his jump because he didn't expect Messi to jump at all rofl

Another possibility is that he saw it was Messi approaching and decided to back down in order not to hurt him. Unbelievable sportsmanship :bow:

CR7 :wub:

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:35 am

Harmonica wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

Did you you know that Cronaldo has only 10 goals more with weaker foot? Pedro, probably the most ambidextrous forwards, 30 goals less. Just to show how stupid argument, one footed is.

Well, ambidextrousness doesn't make you more proficient at goalscoring, it just gives you more options and makes you less predictable. I suppose I didn't know that about C. Ronaldo and Pedro lol. The most ambidextrous forwards that come to mind are Heung Min Son and O. Dembele.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:53 am

The most ambidextrous footballer i've ever seen is Santi Cazorla
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:00 pm

El Gunner wrote:The most ambidextrous footballer i've ever seen is Santi Cazorla
Agreed.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:37 pm

Cazorla is more of a midfielder, but yeah, there seems to be more ambidextrous midfielders than forwards. For every Frank Ribery, there’s a Christian Eriksen and a Tony Kroos.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:21 pm

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 7 F2tXNLA
The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 7 Z4GSNBI
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:11 pm

Say what you want about Messi but if we are talking of ambidexterity between him and CR its not even close. Messi has a clear weaker foot whereas Ronaldo when using his left seems to be just as good as his stronger one.

His rocket against Lyon it just a recent example.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:22 pm

the GOAT debate in football is a complete myth
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:17 am

Yet another individual goal from halfway line. First player to score in 16 consecutive CL-seasons, Giggs has 16 too but not consecutive.

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 7 Bzlf7Vr

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 7 5UKFoIW

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 7 AhVRQ39
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:12 pm

Are we counting that penalty as an "individual goal from the midfield"? scratch
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:17 pm

It's not, but it could have been. Either way, it's impressive as hell (not that you were saying it wasn't)
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:22 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Are we counting that penalty as an "individual goal from the midfield"? scratch
Yes? Or was there any help from the team?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:25 pm

Wot, Benzama has scored in more seasons than Cronaldo @justice for Chad.

Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AlphaBeast Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:55 am

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club IV - Page 7 _aa10

Barcelona fans exposing their true class.

Barca-Forum in meltdown by dissing the greatest GOAT to ever have lived.

AlphaBeast
AlphaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:02 am

I 8-2 tell you mate, but nobody reads your posts any more.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:16 am

Any insults toward Messi are obviously unwarranted but indeed he is past it and at this age there are players on half the salary who provide the same amount seeing as he stopped scoring altogether except penalty kicks.

The fact that he remains as captain is also a poor decision. What kind of captain scurries away when they lose? He always hides and never was the type to lift up the team's spirits, almost the anti-thesis of a captain.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:44 am

Lionel Messi completed 13 take-ons against Alaves, a personal best in a Liga match across the past five seasons. Just two away from his all-time Liga record.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 22 ... 37  Next