BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons

+37
jibers
AlphaBeast
futbol_bill
S
chemicalboy99
elfmeter
Doc
sportsczy
Glory
BarcaLearning
Harmonica
BusterLfc
Helmer
Kaladin
El Gunner
urbaNRoots
Nishankly
Casciavit
Thimmy
Arquitecto
McLewis
BarrileteCosmico
Unique
Mamad
Hapless_Hans
Myesyats
halamadrid2
rincon
Jay29
Mr Nick09
Young Kaz
Robespierre
Firenze
The Demon of Carthage
Art Morte
Valkyrja
RealGunner
41 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons - Page 5 Empty Re: BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:29 pm

Fuck Man City.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Posts : 34047
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons - Page 5 Empty Re: BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:30 pm

jibers wrote:UEFA are so incompetent. No wonder City were so confident :facepalm:


They had a team of 20 odd lawyers. Probably threatened to sue CAS and they buckled.

As Wenger said in 2015

Asked what he made of Financial Fair Play in the context of the transfer activity of rival English clubs, Wenger said: “It has gone. I have seen the signs coming from Uefa for a while now. I thought for a while FFP would happen but now it is not possible.”

“The clubs threatened to go to civil court – not only through sports [courts],” said Wenger. “That brought a lot of insecurity in the decision making of Uefa so they started to soften the rules a little bit. The last decision in July was about Paris St-Germain and then Manchester City and that opened completely the door.”
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89513
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons - Page 5 Empty Re: BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:31 pm

Scrapping FFP is the way to go. Roma have to sell half their squad on a yearly basis to comply with FFP but City or PSG can spend as much as they like with no repercussion.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89513
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons - Page 5 Empty Re: BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons

Post by jibers Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:11 pm

RealGunner wrote:
jibers wrote:UEFA are so incompetent. No wonder City were so confident :facepalm:


They had a team of 20 odd lawyers. Probably threatened to sue CAS and they buckled.

As Wenger said in 2015

Asked what he made of Financial Fair Play in the context of the transfer activity of rival English clubs, Wenger said: “It has gone. I have seen the signs coming from Uefa for a while now. I thought for a while FFP would happen but now it is not possible.”

“The clubs threatened to go to civil court – not only through sports [courts],” said Wenger. “That brought a lot of insecurity in the decision making of Uefa so they started to soften the rules a little bit. The last decision in July was about Paris St-Germain and then Manchester City and that opened completely the door.”


UEFA literally went against their own laws that THEY put when they took City to court. That charge wouldn't stand in any serious court lol. The Statue of Limitations was put there by UEFA themselves :lmfao:

What a bunch of clowns. As for FFP, I think it should be removed tbh
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10246
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons - Page 5 Empty Re: BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons

Post by nasir6371 Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:15 pm

jibers wrote:UEFA are so incompetent. No wonder City were so confident :facepalm:


Besides email leaks being taken out of context and it being beyond Uefa's own 5 year window. Uefa went against their own rules to ban City. City knew from day one that it wouldn't hold up in a unbiased court. But why would Uefa go ahead with it. 2 Reasons come to mind: 1) They were pressured by certain big clubs to do something about it. 2) Or they thought about the optics of "not doing anything" about the leaked email contents and how toothless FFP would appear.

Supposedly journalists that cover City said that UEFA offered City a deal that was a large fine and multi-year Squad Registration limit restriction. City board refused rofl Proud.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 2167
Join date : 2012-04-11

Back to top Go down

BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons - Page 5 Empty Re: BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons

Post by chemicalboy99 Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:51 pm

nasir6371 wrote:
jibers wrote:UEFA are so incompetent. No wonder City were so confident :facepalm:


Besides email leaks being taken out of context and it being beyond Uefa's own 5 year window. Uefa went against their own rules to ban City. City knew from day one that it wouldn't hold up in a unbiased court. But why would Uefa go ahead with it. 2 Reasons come to mind: 1) They were pressured by certain big clubs to do something about it. 2) Or they thought about the optics of "not doing anything" about the leaked email contents and how toothless FFP would appear.

Supposedly journalists that cover City said that UEFA offered City a deal that was a large fine and multi-year Squad Registration limit restriction. City board refused rofl Proud.


Yeah they definitely need better leadership at UEFA but hopefully they'll live and learn. Number 1 being don't fuck with us in future or you'll get stomped.

Anyways I've thoroughly enjoyed today's preceedings. Like the good old days, salty tears a plenty.

But even better days ahead thanks to Covid19 turning football into a financial wasteland and the $500M Silver Lake ding just burning a hole in our pockets.

MCFC.....there is no substitute. Laughing
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 1015
Join date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons - Page 5 Empty Re: BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:12 am

Jay29 wrote:Just scrap FFP tbh.

The only clubs getting banned are those outside the closed shop at the top trying to break in.

If you're already in that club, you can get away with anything, it seems.
It was obvious from the get-go that FFP only protects the status quo. If you're pro-FFP you're likely a fan of a big club already.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28305
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons - Page 5 Empty Re: BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:15 am

RealGunner wrote:
jibers wrote:UEFA are so incompetent. No wonder City were so confident :facepalm:


They had a team of 20 odd lawyers. Probably threatened to sue CAS and they buckled.

As Wenger said in 2015

Asked what he made of Financial Fair Play in the context of the transfer activity of rival English clubs, Wenger said: “It has gone. I have seen the signs coming from Uefa for a while now. I thought for a while FFP would happen but now it is not possible.”

“The clubs threatened to go to civil court – not only through sports [courts],” said Wenger. “That brought a lot of insecurity in the decision making of Uefa so they started to soften the rules a little bit. The last decision in July was about Paris St-Germain and then Manchester City and that opened completely the door.”

Would probably help if FFP was not anti-competitive and thus liable to anti-trust regulations.

Can anyone say that the EPL would be the best league in the world today if FFP had been around in 1995? No Chelsea, no City, no improved ratings to turn the whole league into a money-making-machine. The consumers would have lost out, the players would have lost out, and the only winners would've been United.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28305
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons - Page 5 Empty Re: BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons

Post by danyjr Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:37 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
jibers wrote:UEFA are so incompetent. No wonder City were so confident :facepalm:


They had a team of 20 odd lawyers. Probably threatened to sue CAS and they buckled.

As Wenger said in 2015

Asked what he made of Financial Fair Play in the context of the transfer activity of rival English clubs, Wenger said: “It has gone. I have seen the signs coming from Uefa for a while now. I thought for a while FFP would happen but now it is not possible.”

“The clubs threatened to go to civil court – not only through sports [courts],” said Wenger. “That brought a lot of insecurity in the decision making of Uefa so they started to soften the rules a little bit. The last decision in July was about Paris St-Germain and then Manchester City and that opened completely the door.”

Would probably help if FFP was not anti-competitive and thus liable to anti-trust regulations.

Can anyone say that the EPL would be the best league in the world today if FFP had been around in 1995? No Chelsea, no City, no improved ratings to turn the whole league into a money-making-machine. The consumers would have lost out, the players would have lost out, and the only winners would've been United.
Not sure how the consumers would have lost out. It costs ridiculous amounts to watch EPL matches in UK these days, you need £40/month for Sky+BT bundle plus £39/year for Amazon Prime, totalling to £520 per year.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 8400
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons - Page 5 Empty Re: BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:00 pm

Just goes to show yet again money rules all and Man C are too rich and powerful Razz ... I guess its always gonna be a bit of cat and mouse from now on with these rules... they always pick on one of the smaller ones to punish just as to show, but never really penalise the big guys.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 9140
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons - Page 5 Empty Re: BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:35 pm

I was hopeful that this might actually work against PSG and Man City but it appears to be just another money laundering scheme. Those at the top get richer via bribes and cheaters keep on cheating.

10M + whatever the amount was for the bribe -> pennies for the sheiks
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 19581
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 95

Back to top Go down

BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons - Page 5 Empty Re: BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:58 pm

danyjr wrote:Not sure how the consumers would have lost out. It costs ridiculous amounts to watch EPL matches in UK these days, you need £40/month for Sky+BT bundle plus £39/year for Amazon Prime, totalling to £520 per year.

I was speaking more in terms of quality available in the league. Hard to see how the EPL would've become what it has if FFP had always been enforced, or even some legendary teams like Maradona's Napoli included many teams spending 'beyond' their means.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28305
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons - Page 5 Empty Re: BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons

Post by Thimmy Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:14 pm

chemicalboy99 wrote:
nasir6371 wrote:
jibers wrote:UEFA are so incompetent. No wonder City were so confident :facepalm:


Besides email leaks being taken out of context and it being beyond Uefa's own 5 year window. Uefa went against their own rules to ban City. City knew from day one that it wouldn't hold up in a unbiased court. But why would Uefa go ahead with it. 2 Reasons come to mind: 1) They were pressured by certain big clubs to do something about it. 2) Or they thought about the optics of "not doing anything" about the leaked email contents and how toothless FFP would appear.

Supposedly journalists that cover City said that UEFA offered City a deal that was a large fine and multi-year Squad Registration limit restriction. City board refused rofl Proud.


Yeah they definitely need better leadership at UEFA but hopefully they'll live and learn. Number 1 being don't fuck with us in future or you'll get stomped.

Anyways I've thoroughly enjoyed today's preceedings. Like the good old days, salty tears a plenty.


The good old days? You mean like, 10 years ago? hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13230
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons - Page 5 Empty Re: BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons

Post by titosantill Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:36 pm

lol @barcalearning, in fairness they try to pick on the big guys but just arent successful, cos those clubs have the ammunition and also have ways of going around these bans thus making the establishment look foolish. imo they should just forget about ffp altogether and save themselves the embarrassment
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 5031
Join date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons - Page 5 Empty Re: BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons

Post by Glory Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:16 pm


Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 6320
Join date : 2013-07-18
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons - Page 5 Empty Re: BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:32 pm

I do wonder how many clubs were involved I don't think something like this came out of the blue. Things I've read online quite a few clubs forced UEFA hand and judging by comments from City and there staff it seems they aren't happy and know the involvement and many Arabs aren't ones to let things slide.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 4563
Join date : 2013-05-09

Back to top Go down

BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons - Page 5 Empty Re: BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons

Post by chemicalboy99 Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:48 pm

Thimmy wrote:

The good old days? You mean like, 10 years ago? hmm


Absolutely and may the next 30 years bring as many laughs and enjoyment as the previous 10.



chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 1015
Join date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons - Page 5 Empty Re: BREAKING: Manchester City banned from Champions League for two seasons

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum