Unique
McLewis
RealGunner
40 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Donald Trump Sack Watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Donald Trump Sack Watch

Post by McLewis Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:42 pm

CBarca wrote:Well done for informing people here McLewis. It would seem there are several misinformed folks.

I haven't been able to watch or listen, so I've just caught the previews/wrap ups from "Morning Edition" and "All Things Considered" via NPR. They do a bang up job. Wonderful programs.

No worries, man. Thanks.

I've been listening to the hearings on the TuneIn app while working. I listen to podcasts pretty much all day anyway so this wasn't all that different. The format has been rather easy to follow. I keep Twitter up while listening to get tweets from folks who catch stuff I missed.

I expect a lot of guys here to be misinformed simply because of the fact that many are looking at this from the outside in.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:35 am

You have Twitter up as well as listen to podcasts while working ?

I can only focus on one thing at a time...only time I could listen to podcasts while working is when I did very mundane work that didn't require close attention.

What pods do you listen to btw?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:04 pm

CBarca wrote:
Lex wrote:Democrats are of the belief that feelings, concerns and assumptions are tangible evidence. They also believe one is guilty until proven innocent. These bozos make Louis Tully look like Thurgood Marshall

Yikes

Yeah, thought he was describing republicans there lol

The only issue within the democratic party is within itself. They are their own biggest enemy. Hopefully the establishment dems die off and we see more progressives. Whether you agree with them or not, at least you know that AOC, Bernie, Yang have the countries best interests at heart
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:49 pm

CBarca wrote:You have Twitter up as well as listen to podcasts while working ?

I can only focus on one thing at a time...only time I could listen to podcasts while working is when I did very mundane work that didn't require close attention.

What pods do you listen to btw?

I've been at my job long enough where multi-tasking is 2nd nature at this point. I use Samsung Dex to control my phone with my PC so it becomes just another window open that I can flip back and forth between with my work programs. Makes it all that much easier.

I listen to a ton of podcasts. Lots of non-political ones for football, history, mythology, etc. Politics wise, Meet the Press, Face the Nation, Fox News Sunday, Morning Joe, Pod Save America, Pod Save The People, Pod Save the World are staples throughout the week. I used to listen to a ton of them on SiriusXM, but I dropped it when I found it was donating to the Trump campaign. Sucks as it had some good football podcasts.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:54 pm

Highlights from Fiona Hill and David Holmes' testimonies:

- Fiona Hill is a longtime expert on Russia and was recently the Senior Director for Russia on the National Security Council (NSC). David Holmes is a diplomat, specifically a Political Counselor, for the US embassy in Kiev.

- Hill was present for a July 10th meeting where EU Ambassador Gordon Sondland first suggested that Ukraine should investigate Burisma (and by extension Hunter Biden) and their involvement with the 2016 election. Hill's boss at the time, National Security Advisor John Bolton, directed her to report this exchange to the NSC lawyers and distanced himself from it, calling it a drug deal. It was during Sondlond's testimony earlier last week that Hill realized that she and him had been asked by the White House to pursue completely different tasks relating to Ukraine with Sondlond's being decidedly more a domestic errand and hers being linked more to the strategy of foreign policy for the region.

- In her opening statement last Thursday, she thoroughly debunked the myth that it was Ukraine that hacked our elections and that it was indeed the Russians behind it. She warned that Russia's intent is to turn Americans against one another and that had Hillary won in 2016, they would've worked to undermine her administration and question its legitimacy just as has been done with Trump's. The tribalistic nature that consumed American politics is exactly what the Russians (mainly Putin) hoped would come to pass.

- Like many other witnesses, Hill considered the presence of Rudy Giuliani to be a massive hindrance to US foreign policy with Ukraine, reporting that her boss, John Bolton, called him a hand grenade that's going to blow everyone up.

- In his opening statement, David Holmes, indicated that the political situation in Kiev changed dramatically around March of this year and that this marked the beginning of the smear campaign against then Ambassador to Ukraine Yovanovitch by Rudy Giuliani and then Ukraine Prosecutor-General Lutsenko. This ultimately led to Yovanovitch's recall to Washington, VP Mike Pence canceling his trip to Ukraine for Zelenskyy's inauguration, and the undermining of policy iniatives by Sondland, Volker and Perry. After his inauguration, on May 29th, Zelenskyy received a congratulatory letter from Trump which included an invite to the White House at an undisclosed date. It was at this time that Zelenskyy began pushing hard for that meeting to take place as soon as possible to shore up US support for his administration in the face aggression from Putin. The next month was spent trying to make that meeting happen, however nothing was happening until Sondland told Yovanovitch's replacement, Bill Taylor, that any WH meeting was contingent on Zelenskyy making clear that he would not impede any investigations into Burisma and the Bidens. Any pretenses were dropped in a call on June 28th that made it clear to Zelenskyy by Sondland, Volker and Perry that the investigations were a clear precondition to any White house meeting taking place.

- Holmes testified that these events greatly concerned him. He indicated shock upon learning on July 18th that the Office of Management and Budget had announced a hold on the 400 million dollars appropriated to Ukraine by Congress. Holmes was present at the meeting where this was announced and it was made clear that it came directly from Trump and was executed by his Chief of Staff Mick Mulvane. No explanation was given.

- Holmes indicated that he was not on the July 25th call between Trump and Zelenskyy and that the embassy wasn't even given a readout of the call. He didn't learn of the subject of the call until the memo was released on September 25th. He was disappointed to learn that Trump only asked about Burisma/Bidens as well as the thoroughly debunked Crowdstrike conspiracy theory. Nothing was mentioned of the ongoing efforts by the foreign policy team in Ukraine to advance joint interests in region. In a meeting with Zelenskyy, Ambs. Sondland, Volker and Taylor, Zelenskyy mentioned that Trump had brought 3 very sensitive issues, to which Holmes was not aware of at the time,

- Holmes, Sondland and 2 staffers went to lunch later on this day. Sondland informed Holmes that he intended to call Trump and give him and update of their meetings with Zelenskyy. Holmes was able to hear Trump's voice through Sondland's phone even though the speakerphone wasn't on, that's how loud Trump's voice was. Sondland apparently had to hold the phone away from him because it was so loud. Sondland told Trump that he was calling him from Kiev, only for Trump to correct him and say he's calling from Ukraine (Laughing). Sondland told Trump that ''Zelenskyy loves your ass'' to which Trump replied '' So he's going to do the investigation? '' Sondland says '' he's gonna do it'' and added that Zelenskyy'' will do anything you ask him to''.

- The call moved onto discussion of Sondland's efforts to free rapper A$AP Rocky from a jail in Sweden. Only Sondland's side of this convo could be heard and he basically said of Rocky '' he's kinda fucked and should've plead guilty''. He advised Trump to wait until after sentencing or it could get worse. Sondland also advised Trump to let Rocky get sentenced then play the racism card and then give him a ticker tape parade upon his return to the US. Sondland explains to Trump that Sweden should've released Rocky on his word, but that he could at least tell Kim Kardashian that he tried. The call ends.

- Holmes then discusses Trump's views on Ukraine in general, asking Sondland if it's true that Trump doesn't give a shit about Ukraine. Sondland confirms this, saying Trump only cares about the big stuff. When Holmes pointed out the ongoing conflict with Russia as big stuff, Sondland replied that Trump only cares about big stuff that benefits him as president, like the Biden investigation that Giuliani is pushing.

There's a lot more to both opening statements then that, but those were the biggest highlights. To combat all of this, the Republicans, on the committee, led by Devin Nunes, found it tough to gain traction on Hill as she proved unflappable and equal to every rebuttal they threw at her. Regarding Holmes, they reduced his testimony to that of someone who was listening in on things he shouldn't have heard, accusing him of betraying the trust of everyone around him by sharing what he heard and saw, which isn't what he actually did. He reported none of this to the media, only to his superiors and through the proper channels.

So what's next?

That's it for the public hearings and we still haven't heard from the principal players - John Bolton, Mick Mulvaney, Rudy Giuliani, Rick Perry, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, and of course VP Pence. And I don't expect we will as they all have either outright ignore subpoenas or are fighting them with their own lawyers. The Democrats do not want to wait for the legal process to play out in compelling them all to testify and feel they have strong enough evidence of wrongdoing within Trump's administration to write up their report and submit it to the House Judiciary Committee, which will then hold its own hearings before drawing up articles for Impeachment. Once the articles are drawn up, a floor vote will occur in the House. This is where the partisan end of this process really comes into play as that vote is expected to have 0 Republicans voting for Impeachment. It will pass on majority lines. From there, the process moves to the Senate where I expect it to end with no conviction of Trump by the Republicans who control it.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:09 pm

I'd also like to take this moment to point out that A$AP Rocky and Kim Kardashian are now apart of the official government record, in perpetuity, as part of this Impeachment inquiry. Hundreds of years from now, their names will be rememembered for nothing more than probably this.

That is a surreal thought to me.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:32 am

McLewis wrote:I'd also like to take this moment to point out that A$AP Rocky and Kim Kardashian are now apart of the official government record, in perpetuity, as part of this Impeachment inquiry. Hundreds of years from now, their names will be rememembered for nothing more than probably this.

Kim Kardashian is one of the most influential members of a family that will be an American dynasty in the vein of Rockefeller and Kennedys for the foreseeable future. She will be known for a lot more than being a footnote in the failed impeachment inquiry of an historically unpopular president.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:38 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
McLewis wrote:I'd also like to take this moment to point out that A$AP Rocky and Kim Kardashian are now apart of the official government record, in perpetuity, as part of this Impeachment inquiry. Hundreds of years from now, their names will be rememembered for nothing more than probably this.

Kim Kardashian is one of the most influential members of a family that will be an American dynasty in the vein of Rockefeller and Kennedys for the foreseeable future. She will be known for a lot more than being a footnote in the failed impeachment inquiry of an historically unpopular president.

That's pretty exalted company given the Roosevelts produced 2 Presidents. One thing I continue to observe from history is that it's often the names we expect to be remembered that are often forgotten and vice-versa. IMO Kim K's legacy pales in comparison to members of other well known American dynasties. From a historical perspective, she's done next to nothing. She does have time on her side though and if her legal career takes off, my opinion will change accordingly.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:44 pm

McLewis wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

That's pretty exalted company given the Roosevelts produced 2 Presidents. One thing I continue to observe from history is that it's often the names we expect to be remembered that are often forgotten and vice-versa. IMO Kim K's legacy pales in comparison to members of other well known American dynasties. From a historical perspective, she's done next to nothing. She does have time on her side though and if her legal career takes off, my opinion will change accordingly.

Honestly I think she not only can hang with them, but surpass them given the different world we live in today due to globalization connecting everyone together.

Kim Kardashian has really changed the world profoundly from the time we are kids(Seeing that we are both in our early 30's and part of the late 80's Millenial class).

We lived not in puritan times, but with enough of the Silent and boomer generation where women's sexuality was an object of disgust for most, and shame for all involved. Kim Kardashian OWNED it. She not only accepted it, but went on to prove that just because you are a woman that has and enjoys sex you can be much more. She helped build an empire behind this concept. That a woman need not run from their desires any more than a man has to. Its modern feminist theory.

She owned the body type. The big buttocks and curve. Something viewed as animalisitic(African...lets be honestl about how the European majority viewed it) and low class in the past turned from something seen as not only classy, but the norm now. No woman wants to exercise away their body now. I remember women who looked like little boys in the body being the prototype before Kim came and changed things around.

Shes jumped from entertainment to Politics too. She has campaigned and helped people(mostly from marginalized groups) in prison get released and raised awareness in ways most could never hope to do.

Shes also served as a fulcrum of a dynasty which has created the youngest self made billionaire in her sister. This is power being consolidated.

You think about the Kennedys and Roosevelt, and how power was made for the dynasty?

1.Family
2.Money
3.Influence

They have already got all 3 of these...in spades really.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:56 pm

I confidently predict that noone will give a flying fuck about the Kardashians in 100 years.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:01 pm

Every post I read from betty just gets worse
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:35 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I confidently predict that noone will give a flying fuck about the Kardashians in 100 years.

I bet someone in 1960 said the same thing about Marilyn Monroe. hmm

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:01 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:I confidently predict that noone will give a flying fuck about the Kardashians in 100 years.

And it's not clear how much people will care about Marilyn Monroe in 2060.

Also, go wash out your mouth with soap. Comparing Kim Kardashian with Marilyn Monroe Laughing
One married Arthur Miller, the other Kanye lmao.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:35 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

And it's not clear how much people will care about Marilyn Monroe in 2060.

Also, go wash out your mouth with soap. Comparing Kim Kardashian with Marilyn Monroe Laughing
One married Arthur Miller, the other Kanye lmao.

You think Miller's ramblings in the crucible and death of a salesman is infinitely better than prime Jesus walks and Runaway?

But the point is actually proven. Every Kardashian has exceeded their boyfriends/husband. That is a huge cultural shift when most women were signaled by who they sleep with.

Marilyn is remembered by the men who she slept with.

Kim will be remembered by the work she has left.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:50 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
You think Miller's ramblings in the crucible and death of a salesman is infinitely better than prime Jesus walks and Runaway?

Kanye West is the worst artist the world has ever seen, and the dumbest.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:07 pm

Kim Kardashian will be remembered for a bad TV program a sex tape and a fat ass. She only exists because oj Simpson get away with double murder.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:37 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

Kanye West is the worst artist the world has ever seen, and the dumbest.

Kanye West is maligned for his mental Illness now. He was a decent, if not transcendent, artist back when I was in High school. I say this as someone in my 30's now. You are probably too young to remember, but Hip Hop from about the early 90's to early 00's was DOMINATED by gangsterism and the cult of "Thug-Life" made known by Dr. Dre and his crew, and made significant by Tupac after him. This was all rap was, and if you were in the culture you had to subscribe to this viewpoint to make any mark. Kanye flipped this on its head. He relished being an artistic kid, he made being middle class "cool", and changed the way we viewed young urban males. You no longer had to be a thug to get a girl anymore. You didnt have to be some soft Keith Sweat guy singing ballads. You didnt have to be insane like Andre 3000. You could be a normal cool guy.

Kanye was the ONLY non-southern artist I bumped in High school because his midwest charm and style really traveled throughout the country. He was loved by everybody long before he called out Bush's poor domestic policy and response to Katrina. He was a legend after that. He's toxic now, so its very easy to forget what he meant to people who were coming of age early in this century.

Brings me back to junior year of High school 2005 Crying or Very sad

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:04 pm

Young Kaz wrote:You are probably too young to remember, but Hip Hop from about the early 90's to early 00's was DOMINATED by gangsterism and the cult of "Thug-Life" made known by Dr. Dre and his crew, and made significant by Tupac after him. This was all rap was

You've got EVERYTHING wrong here Proud
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:10 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:You are probably too young to remember, but Hip Hop from about the early 90's to early 00's was DOMINATED by gangsterism and the cult of "Thug-Life" made known by Dr. Dre and his crew, and made significant by Tupac after him. This was all rap was

You've got EVERYTHING wrong here Proud

Maybe in Germany but over here? it was 100% spot on.

I remember when 50 cent, whos a complete cornball now btw, had a war with Kanye for the heart and soul of rap.

When Kanye destroyed him in sales it was the vindication we all needed. We didnt have to be thugs to be cool.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:24 pm

Not gonna drawn into the Kanye stuff, but
Young Kaz wrote:
McLewis wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:

Honestly I think she not only can hang with them, but surpass them given the different world we live in today due to globalization connecting everyone together.

Kim Kardashian has really changed the world profoundly from the time we are kids(Seeing that we are both in our early 30's and part of the late 80's Millenial class).

We lived not in puritan times, but with enough of the Silent and boomer generation where women's sexuality was an object of disgust for most, and shame for all involved. Kim Kardashian OWNED it. She not only accepted it, but went on to prove that just because you are a woman that has and enjoys sex you can be much more. She helped build an empire behind this concept. That a woman need not run from their desires any more than a man has to. Its modern feminist theory.

She owned the body type. The big buttocks and curve. Something viewed as animalisitic(African...lets be honestl about how the European majority viewed it) and low class in the past turned from something seen as not only classy, but the norm now. No woman wants to exercise away their body now. I remember women who looked like little boys in the body being the prototype before Kim came and changed things around.

Shes jumped from entertainment to Politics too. She has campaigned and helped people(mostly from marginalized groups) in prison get released and raised awareness in ways most could never hope to do.

Shes also served as a fulcrum of a dynasty which has created the youngest self made billionaire in her sister. This is power being consolidated.

You think about the Kennedys and Roosevelt, and how power was made for the dynasty?

1.Family
2.Money
3.Influence

Compelling arguments, but I just see it differently. The Rockefellers revolutionized banking, finance and the oil industry on a macroeconomic scale and without Teddy Roosevelt, we'd likely be living in a dystopian corporatocracy a la Outer Worlds. Without FDR, the events of the Man in the High Castle would be a reality. These families shaped not just US history, but world history for posterity. Can we honestly say any Kardashian or Jenner has reached this level of influence? I honestly believe that to be a really hard sell at this point. Neither Kim nor Kylie are at this level as finance icons or political icons. They are icons of style and fashion and pop culture, but that's all they are right now. They've only just begun to branch out into other areas. Perhaps by the end of their lives, that would be the right time to determine how they measure up.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:20 am

McLewis wrote:Not gonna drawn into the Kanye stuff, but
Young Kaz wrote:
McLewis wrote:

1.Family
2.Money
3.Influence

Compelling arguments, but I just see it differently. The Rockefellers revolutionized banking, finance and the oil industry on a macroeconomic scale and without Teddy Roosevelt, we'd likely be living in a dystopian corporatocracy a la Outer Worlds. Without FDR, the events of the Man in the High Castle would be a reality. These families shaped not just US history, but world history for posterity. Can we honestly say any Kardashian or Jenner has reached this level of influence? I honestly believe that to be a really hard sell at this point. Neither Kim nor Kylie are at this level as finance icons or political icons. They are icons of style and fashion and pop culture, but that's all they are right now. They've only just begun to branch out into other areas. Perhaps by the end of their lives, that would be the right time to determine how they measure up.

Im curious. Would a "dystopian corporotracy" really be more different than what the average american lives under now?Living paycheck to paycheck in perpetual poverty, a serf to the debt which is required to live, and poor to no prospects of ever seeing retirement.

FDR changed it it on a huge scale for sure....but teddy's impact on the average man today seems iffy compared to the Kardashian clan.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:42 pm

??????

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:44 pm

Myesyats wrote:??????

rofl rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:11 pm

Love him tbh.

Best heel of the decade
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:12 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
McLewis wrote:Not gonna drawn into the Kanye stuff, but
Young Kaz wrote:
McLewis wrote:

1.Family
2.Money
3.Influence

Im curious. Would a "dystopian corporotracy" really be more different than what the average american lives under now?Living paycheck to paycheck in perpetual poverty, a serf to the debt which is required to live,  and poor to no prospects of ever seeing retirement.

FDR changed it it on a huge scale for sure....but teddy's impact on the average man today seems iffy compared to the Kardashian clan.

Teddy's legacy is as a bank buster and as the precursor to modern progressive politics. He was the original liberal that conservatives so deride today. So yes, things would be far worse without his presidency than things are today. We are society of capitalistic consumption, but I would say see we are not so much a corporatocracy today and are more an oligarchy masquerading as a democratic republic, given that true power resides with a select few men of obscene wealth and privilege.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:48 pm

RealGunner wrote:Love him tbh.

Best heel of the decade

Agreed. most entertaining president of all times, his twitter feed is pure gold.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next