Who will be the next manager of Manchester United?

+30
BarrileteCosmico
urbaNRoots
Warrior
farfan
Casciavit
Kaladin
CBarca
zenmaster
FennecFox7
S
futbol_bill
Glory
80s_Stallone
rincon
Firenze
Lucifer
zigra
Collblanc
Robespierre
M99
Kick
Thimmy
Onyx
Myesyats
BarcaLearning
El Gunner
Art Morte
Unique
The Demon of Carthage
Hapless_Hans
34 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Who will be the next manager of Manchester United?

Who will be the next manager of Manchester United? - Page 5 Vote_lcap16%Who will be the next manager of Manchester United? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]
Who will be the next manager of Manchester United? - Page 5 Vote_lcap26%Who will be the next manager of Manchester United? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 5 ]
Who will be the next manager of Manchester United? - Page 5 Vote_lcap16%Who will be the next manager of Manchester United? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]
Who will be the next manager of Manchester United? - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%Who will be the next manager of Manchester United? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who will be the next manager of Manchester United? - Page 5 Vote_lcap5%Who will be the next manager of Manchester United? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Who will be the next manager of Manchester United? - Page 5 Vote_lcap5%Who will be the next manager of Manchester United? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Who will be the next manager of Manchester United? - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%Who will be the next manager of Manchester United? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who will be the next manager of Manchester United? - Page 5 Vote_lcap11%Who will be the next manager of Manchester United? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who will be the next manager of Manchester United? - Page 5 Vote_lcap11%Who will be the next manager of Manchester United? - Page 5 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 19

Who will be the next manager of Manchester United? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who will be the next manager of Manchester United?

Post by Firenze Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:29 pm

Ragnick confirmed interim manager until the end of the season. Poch or Ten Hag coming in then, unless Ragnick wins us the league/CL ofc.

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Who will be the next manager of Manchester United? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who will be the next manager of Manchester United?

Post by Firenze Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:31 pm

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:45 pm

The 3000 United correspondents on The Athletic all breaking the story at the same time as well.

Rangnick Laughing

I remember when we were linked with him and was beefing with Maldini and Ibra, thank fuck we stuck with Pioli. With hisblong list of requirements, its no wonder no club wants him.

I'm surprised by this appointment tbh, i thought Cristiano would have more of a say in the matter. Rangnick is a hardass, and won't settle for Ronaldo being a passenger off the ball, i suspect a clash will ensue between them.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:55 pm

Kaladin wrote:I'm surprised by this appointment tbh, i thought Cristiano would have more of a say in the matter. Rangnick is a hardass, and won't settle for Ronaldo being a passenger off the ball, i suspect a clash will ensue between them.

I'm surprised people think Ronaldo or Messi make managerial decisions
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:55 pm

So what do ppl think about him? I just read up hes an old timer whos had influence on a lot of German coaches re Gegen-pressing n is the Director of Sports of Leipzig? His actual record managing a team seem nothing spectacular?

Guessing Man U r jealous of the way Liverpool is playing n wanna learn to that too? Very Happy Who woulda thought it would come to this 20 yrs ago Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:59 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Kaladin wrote:I'm surprised by this appointment tbh, i thought Cristiano would have more of a say in the matter. Rangnick is a hardass, and won't settle for Ronaldo being a passenger off the ball, i suspect a clash will ensue between them.

I'm surprised people think Ronaldo or Messi make managerial decisions

They don't make decisions, they exert a certain amount of influence

Just watch the recently released All or Nothing - Juventus and how Ronaldo basically gave his 'consent' for Pirlo because he thought he would go on to be the Italian Zidane Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:02 pm

I know little about Ragnick besides him demanding control and being no nonsense, but a lot of top managers speak very  highly of him. We've been rotten post Fergie so I guess we're just trying a complete overhaul of ideas and philosophy. Be interesting to see how receptive the squad are to his ideas knowing he's only coming in for 6 months, but supposedly he said he would only take the job (and leave Spartak's staff) if he also has a significant role post Interim at the club. He could have a very large say in the next appointment and such.

Intrigued.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:16 pm

Big leap of faith by Man U, its clearly a move to wanna change their style, which we will now see is exactly what, more like Klopp is it looks more likely, Man U should be much more entertaining to watch. Post Fergie all the coaches have be the more negative pragmatic types Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:22 pm

very surprising choice... which only means the results and spectacle whichever way it turns out is going to be intriguing to witness Thumbs up
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:20 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Rangnick is underrated AF, he just keeps throwing the towel everywhere, but does good work IMHO.
Pochettino might end up being a good choice tho, but surprised the Gunnerssaince is already over. Well, not surprised. Sad.

Rangnick is overrated as fuck.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:21 pm

wtf is a 2 year consultancy scratch

Anyway, welcome news. Now Ten Hag in the summer please. :coffee:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:25 pm

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:54 pm

The guy is an obnoxious smart arse and know-it-all and he'll be getting on everyone's nerves in no time
Firenze wrote:I know little about Ragnick besides him demanding control and being no nonsense, but a lot of top managers speak very  highly of him. We've been rotten post Fergie so I guess we're just trying a complete overhaul of ideas and philosophy. Be interesting to see how receptive the squad are to his ideas knowing he's only coming in for 6 months, but supposedly he said he would only take the job (and leave Spartak's staff) if he also has a significant role post Interim at the club. He could have a very large say in the next appointment and such.

Intrigued.

If your summer appointment is Pochettino, Rangnick as interim and "consultant" whatever that means, I guess shadow DoF, makes sense, "ideas"-, and squad-planning-wise

He is an obnoxious twat though
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:46 pm

Glory wrote:wtf is a 2 year consultancy scratch

basically just means he has input on decision-making... they have to consult him
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:13 pm

So he's replacing that clueless spender Woodward ? That's a good thing done
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:24 pm

Literally who?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:05 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Big leap of faith by Man U, its clearly a move to wanna change their style, which we will now see is exactly what, more like Klopp is it looks more likely, Man U should be much more entertaining to watch. Post Fergie all the coaches have be the more negative pragmatic types Razz

I really try to refrain from mentioning Ole on this forum, but he played exclusively offensive-minded football at Molde, with more flexible playing styles than simply sticking to what works. I think there's a reason why his transfer to United saw him change into the most defensive-minded football he's had any of his teams play. I don't know how United are going to get out of their rut, as long as they change managers and not their approach to recruitment and team building.

That said, my bias tag towards Ole tells me that most fans definitely overstate the influence and general importance of a manager, so I suppose I'm in the minority seeing that Man United's issues go beyond whoever they have as their manager. I genuinely don't think any manager can have a substantially positive influence, as long as the team building has no rhyme or reason. I absolutely look forward to seeing Ronaldo being associated with Gegen-pressing.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:28 pm

I just dug this up to prove that I'm not talking out of my ass. I think people should be allowed to believe whatever they want to believe in, but the club isn't going to change priorities unless the majority of fans demand it, and so I think it's an issue that fans see poor results and think it can be fixed by swapping in a new manager.

As far as I can tell, Man United only managed to get rid of most of their unwanted, Mourinho/Van Gaal era players between 2019 and 2020. Substantial, incoming transfers occurred during the summer of this year, and they have so far not been helpful towards the goal of building a team that excels at a certain type of football. That's a problem, in my eyes. How long did it take for Pep to come in at Man City and shape the team according to his needs and wants? City may not have much history at the highest level of football, but they're certainly better than Man United at keeping up with how football is changing.

If a club doesn't have the capacity to either acquire top talent for cheap, or the ability to attract established players that the team actually needs, then they have to make the most of what they do have access to. That's related to team building. Man United's team building in the post Fergie era has been tragically bad for a club of their status in football.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:38 pm

Ole is better than he gets credit for as anyone trying to rebuild United post SAF has a colossal job on their hands let alone someone so inexperienced as him.

Cristiano didn't make the team worse but playing him does sacrifice a lot of facets that simply did not suit what was a soon blooming plan of Ole that was looking good near end of last season. I hope he does well in the future and will given his potential is obvious.

Rangnick a lot of us Milanisti know due to him nearly replacing Pioli until the latter went into God mode out of nowhere. I was for it for Milan does need long term building as he is a team and youth builder first but the guy himself is amongst the most unpleasant personalities out there in Football, wants more control of the club than even Wenger for Arsenal....despite not really accomplishing much of note in his career but should be a success due to his generally trustable long term vision.

its coaches like him why Bundesliga is churning out talent and results since they took the slow acting pill to rebuild from ground up.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:50 am

Well, I wasn't trying to big up Ole by any means. I just want to highlight that while most fans seem to make shallow judgements on what they see, we usually don't know the more significant details of what goes on in any club. The myth that all managers have complete, unchallenged control over transfers, stands out as one of the most common examples of this. It's very evident to me that Ole is not a defensive-minded manager, but it kind of makes sense for him to be associated with that now, since Man United is the only notable club he's managed.

Ronaldo definitely added substantial quality/talent that Man United didn't have before his arrival, but if the end goal is for the team to play to their most obvious, sustainable strength, he's not the solution. "Get the ball to Cristiano" might work in certain games, he's a brilliant goalscorer, but over the course of an entire season, you need all players to pull in the same direction. I personally don't think Man United have the team to get the most out of him. They might beat a Pep team with their effectiveness on counters, but I imagine Pep would've wished to replace most, if not all of the players on the team if he had been in charge of it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:50 pm

7 of the top 11 coaches in bundesliga currently have worked for Rangnick, wow
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:55 pm

But has Rangnick worked for Cristiano Ronaldo? hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:10 pm

Myesyats wrote:7 of the top 11 coaches in bundesliga currently have worked for Rangnick, wow

Not sure what top 11 you are referring to, but not really
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:28 pm

I'm just repeating what they said on sky sports tbf
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:57 pm

Myesyats wrote:I'm just repeating what they said on sky sports tbf

Think maybe 7 of all current Bundesliga coaches may have worked for Rangnick at some point

but only if you apply a rather loose definition, like one worked for Liefering which is a Red Bull farm team
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5