Kaladin
Myesyats
Art Morte
Clutch
Harmonica
30 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Barcelona to surpass B€ revenue this season - Now sold - Page 2 Empty Re: Barcelona to surpass B€ revenue this season - Now sold

Post by Helmer Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:56 am

Barcelona for years used their dirty tricks to get players from other clubs, specially EPL. I hope others give them the taste of their own medicine. I would love Liverpool to unsettle Pedri, make all the noise, then sign him in the Jan window or on free next summer. I hope PSG sign Messi and sell Neymar to us. I hope Coutinho gets a new contract of 4 years.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Barcelona to surpass B€ revenue this season - Now sold - Page 2 Empty Re: Barcelona to surpass B€ revenue this season - Now sold

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:10 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Iirc the la liga wage limit has actually been decreased this year
Have to say I find it really weird how La Liga reportedly does this. The costs are from previous years, while the lack of income is from Corona.
How the hell is Barca supposed to solve this, if they suddenly have to have less costs which really are already there. If there ever is a wrong moment to apply these kind of mechanisms, it's after the pandemic.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:08 am

This league is fucking joke Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:39 pm

rofl Barca
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:37 pm

Kaladin wrote:

There is no way this is true
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:00 pm

Valencia would be top of the list no doubt. As well as Atleti
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:11 am

Lets all chip in guys. Messi needs to eat, every euro cent matters so that poor leo can survive another month and make ends meet

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:49 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Kaladin wrote:

There is no way this is true

Perez propaganda, using his contacts in media to take the piss at them.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:34 pm

From most expensive roster to Milan level. Laporta Proud

https://cdn.theathletic.com/app/uploads/2021/07/20111918/BARCA-WAGES-chart1-1.jpg
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:06 am

Outdated, our wagebill is one of the healthiest in Europe right now at around ~€80m Euros , its why we can afford to be one of the highest spenders right now.

Barca needs to cull around 10 players to reach that, which they have yet to do.

Coutinho €9m p/y
Umtiti €12m p/y
Pjanic €7m p/y
Greizmann €21m p/y
Dembele €12m p/y
Neto €4m p/y
Oriol Busquets €2.5m p/y
Alena €4m p/y
Braithewaitw €4m p/y
Ronald Araujo €2.5m p/y

These are all net, reported online the only source i'm skeptical of is Griezmann, i'm pretty sure that racist earns more than 30m p/y as i read a report on hom previously

State of that club Laughing , mind you there's so many more names i could add from recently promoted La Masia graduates. It seems the basic package for a grsduate is €1.5m p/y and above, talk about financial due dilgince Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:13 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:From most expensive roster to Milan level. Laporta Proud

https://cdn.theathletic.com/app/uploads/2021/07/20111918/BARCA-WAGES-chart1-1.jpg
Just shows how inflated wages were, outside Messi of course. Messi has been carrying Elche level player performances these years. Griezmann 35m, Coutinho 25m, Dumtiti 20m... rofl

Laporta getting the wage bill at true performance value has been masterful to this point. Still need to get rid of the three clowns.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:59 pm

All barca really needs to do is find an exit for griezmann, umtiti, dembele and coutinho. Bartomeu did us dirty.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:45 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:All barca really needs to do is find an exit for griezmann, umtiti, dembele and coutinho. Bartomeu did us dirty.

Griezmann is especially egregious.

I could justify the other 3 with some kind of logical , if yet theoretical argument.

Umtiti new contract based on level he showed pre injury, one of the very best left sided defenders in the world.

Demebele, extreme young talent who could theoretically fill the Neymar gap in the future. "House money" due to Neymar's transfer.

Coutinho, relatively young (25) top player in the PL who could play LW in case Dembele needed time to adapt or an offensive number 8 which we lacked with Iniesta's departure.

Griezmann is beyond explanation. Extremely expensive, no natural position in a 433 as he cant play as a striker or winger, not particular young and seemingly not particularly wanted by anyone else in the squad.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:21 pm

Yup by far the worst .

And even after we sell him we will still be hindered by him. Because his high transfer fee is amortized over the number if years of his contract, which means that even if we get him out that money will still be counted against our salary cap for another 3 years.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:57 am

I love how you make excuses for Coutinho but not for Griezmann. Griezmann was and is 10x the player Coutinho was/is. If you have been robbed by a player acquisition it'd be Coutinho and not Griezmann. Griezmann was a CL finalist and WC winner before you got him. Coutinho was just an overhyped PL player. Liverpool fleeced you
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:49 pm

And you should be blaming Hans for the over hyping of Dembele!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:53 pm

In defense of Griezmann, he is the only player acquired that was a complete misfit in terms of a Messi orientated formation.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:03 pm

I blame Griezmann for pushing for the move too.

France under Deschamps and Atleti under Simeone play a very very similar brand of football.  So it's no surprise that he performs well for both.  Now you go to Barca, which plays a completely different style, and YOU KNOW that you will be played out of position.  Love the confidence but he was delusional.

Griezmann put himself in this position.  Barca is stupid... but he should have known better.

It's similar to Jovic coming to Madrid. What did he think... suddenly Benzema was going to compromise for him? At least Mbappe is not an idiot.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:56 am

I don't blame him. To play for Barca with a much higher salary than he got at Atleti and a better chance of winning CL. It was a win win for him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:26 am

halamadrid2 wrote: I love how you make excuses for Coutinho but not for Griezmann. Griezmann was and is 10x the player Coutinho was/is. If you have been robbed by a player acquisition it'd be Coutinho and not Griezmann. Griezmann was a CL finalist and WC winner before you got him. Coutinho was just an overhyped PL player. Liverpool fleeced you

There are no excuses, all 3 are terrible. Your arguing a point I didnt make.

The point is, I could understand the logic behind those moves. Griezmann never made any sense. Quality is irrelevant, its about what was needed at the time.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:37 pm

Update: Barca's president said that the club is 1350 million euros in debt.

What I don't understand is that he also said their wage bill is 103% of their total income. I didn't find any precise answer through google, but apparently their annual wage bill as somewhere around €200m for this season. Their annual income is obviously much higher than this (like, this thread was made when Barca's revenue reached 1bn. Does he mean their covid-hit, short-term income is 103% of the wage bill?

In any case, that debt is huge and paying interest on it is expensive, never mind trying to pay it back.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:43 pm

"Wages" also includes taxes and accrued transfer fees. So for example if the club signs a player for 120m over a 4 year contract, for the wage bill that actually counts as an additional 30m a year wage expense, rather than a one time purchase for 120m. For this reason even if we sell Dembele, Coutinho and Griezmann we'll still be paying their transfer fees for their full contract.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:05 pm

Why would you sell Dembélé though

he's your single best attacker
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:30 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:"Wages" also includes taxes and accrued transfer fees. So for example if the club signs a player for 120m over a 4 year contract, for the wage bill that actually counts as an additional 30m a year wage expense, rather than a one time purchase for 120m. For this reason even if we sell Dembele, Coutinho and Griezmann we'll still be paying their transfer fees for their full contract.

Noooooooo, amortisation isn't included in the wage bill, it's a separate expense. I think taxes are also a separate expense and tied to profit instead of wages, but I'm not sure how that goes in Spain.

I just don't think there's any way Barca's wage bill is 103% of their income, unless it's some summer months snapshot.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:33 pm

It may not be technically part of the wage bill, but it's included into the number that La Liga bases it's analysis on, and I'm 95% sure that's where the 103% figure is coming from.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:49 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Why would you sell Dembélé though

he's your single best attacker

When his not injured which is, practically, never

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next