The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

+34
REWB
Lex
Duronto-Roddur
6unner
S
MJ
Helmer
The Demon of Carthage
boyzis
sportsczy
GenBlizkin
Mr Nick09
Sri
Vibe
Thimmy
Firenze
Raptorgunner
Nishankly
Amar
Kick
Eman
El Gunner
Unique
M99
AnJl
silver
mani88
Robespierre
Sina
Hapless_Hans
Twoism
urbaNRoots
Jay29
RealGunner
38 posters

Page 5 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24 ... 44  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sina Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:06 am




hmm

Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 9671
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Kick Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:17 am

Sina wrote:


hmm


Clearly should have sold him last year.

All interest seems to have cooled on him.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34814
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:23 am

Still a great for option for someone like us... however he's too technical for Emery, he's more interested in the likes of Brahimi and Vasquez apparently Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 17210
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by AnJl Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:15 pm

What's scaring me more is the lack of transfers outgoing.

Elneny, Michki, Mustafi, Monreal are still at the club and I have not heard a word about them leaving. Which is extremely worrying.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1110
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by AnJl Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:17 pm

Also, I just realised that PL starts in little over a month and our preseason fixtures start in 2 weeks. 15 days away and we are haggling like beggars.

This club is turning out to be a joke more and more everyday
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1110
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sina Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:31 pm




smoking
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 9671
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sina Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:42 pm





50M+ Chambers IMO
But Utd's Sell on clause just complicates things
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 9671
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Nishankly Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:21 pm

Nonsense Aulas will never sell for 30m lmao
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20962
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sina Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:44 pm

Imagine we Sell Laca for big fee only to use it for Zaha lol

Fekir has one year left on his Contract so certainly wont be as expensive as last summer
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 9671
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sina Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:40 pm



Geddin cheers
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 9671
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:48 pm

Nice. Heard good things of him.
Let's hope Emery has the balls to straight away partner him with Holding, it's make or bust for Emery this coming season.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 22250
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sina Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:51 pm

He will be loaned back afaik
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 9671
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:53 pm

Loooool, another circus-fest of Koscielny - Mustafi incoming
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 22250
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:13 pm

Okay, so some stuff has been happening recently.

Firstly, Edu has been confirmed as Arsenal's new Technical Director after winning the Copa America with Brazil. Edu has an impressive track record with Corinthians and had a strong relationship with Brazil manager Tite, so this seems like a strong appointment. He played a role in Martinelli's transfer and happens to know Malcom from his Corinthians days.

That might be an important factor, as according to Kike Marin, we could be trying to get Malcom on a loan-with-an-option-to-buy from Barcelona. With Barcelona supposedly signing Griezmann and maybe even Neymar again, there'd be no room for Malcom. However, Spurs and Everton are reportedly interested and willing to pay out £35m+, and Barca may be reluctant to do another loan with us after Denis Suarez.

David Ornstein has reported that a deal with St. Etienne for Saliba is close to completion. Arsenal will pay £26.5m and loan him back for the season. Apparently, the deal will be structured as a small payment this year, followed by a larger payment the following season when he actually joins the first time, so it won't have a big impact on our current budget. It all makes sense: Arsenal secure what seems to be a very promising talent without spending too much right away, St. Etienne benefit from having him a bit longer and Saliba gets consistent game time. The only downside - and it's a big one, let's be honest - is that Arsenal have an immediate CB problem that needs fixing. Unfortunately, it's been all tumbleweed on that front, though Ornstein does say they're still looking.

Kieran Tierney remains a target, according to Ornstein, but no idea on what's happening with that one currently. Napoli are reportedly interested as well but it's gone quiet. Ornstein also says we still want a midfielder and a winger but, again, it's all quiet. The Zaha stuff has gone dead, probably until the final week of the window.

That may have something to do with the first team promotions of Joe Willock, Reiss Nelson, and Eddie Nketiah, who will wear 28, 24 and 30 next season respectively. An article in the Telegraph on Edu's appointment mentioned that Emery is prepared to give more minutes to youth players this season, so I wonder if a midfielder and winger have slid down the priority list.

As for outgoings, it's silent. Nothing encouraging about Mustafi, nobody wants Elneny or Mkhitaryan, and Ozil ain't going anywhere, despite some dubious claims of Fenerbahce finding a sponsor to make a deal happen. Chambers is apparently going to stay, presumably as CB/RB cover while Holding and Bellerin recover from their ACL injuries. Emi Martinez is going to be no. 2 keeper. There have been conflicting reports about Koscielny and Monreal, but it seems they're staying.

All in all, we're looking good for 7th place next season. Molenation

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19996
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:17 pm

koscielny has a contract with Arsenal and if he really wants out he needs to pay his way out. We don't care how many years he has been playing, most of time injured and still gets paid.

It's all a business he wants go free so he can get a signing bonus. I don't blame him the club is a mess, and hope Edu can bring some stability and leadership back to the club.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 18057
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by AnJl Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:57 am

Its really irritating to see Arsenal go about their transfer dealings like this. They realise the team is in DESPERATE need for an upheaval, but yet we haven't got anyone noteworthy.

Like, what the fuck was the scouting and management team doing in the second half of the season as the team was falling apart?

Pre season has already started, no new players have come in. Then when they do come in, Emery will go "they need time to settle and get used to the team" so that sets everything back.

And the league starts in less than a month.

The worst thing? We cant even do anything about as we watch the club fall apart. The club is cursed with Kronke at the helm and all those other dickwards just sitting there and talking.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1110
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:10 am

They made plans with CL football in mind and realised that signing half a team on a tiny budget is impossible.

The squad has a lot of unwanted players on high wages that are too difficult to shift, so they can't raise funds through sales, either. The management would need a minor miracle to convince someone to take Mustafi off their hands for actual money.

Even if they had CL, hitting the reset button this summer was never likely. The reality is nobody wants under-performing players on bloated salaries and without shifting those guys, you can't make new signings.

The clubs that would usually sign a Mustafi, Mkhitaryan or Ozil can no longer do so. The Turkish clubs are in severe financial trouble (likely from using this exact strategy for years without pay-off), Chinese clubs are limited by tax laws (100% tax on foreign signings) and even Russian clubs seem more interested in younger players now. Then you look closer to home. Ozil would be the highest paid player in Italy and Germany by a distance. Mkhitaryan would be in the top five highest earners in Italy and Germany as well.

It's not exclusively an Arsenal problem, either, because United (Sanchez), Chelsea (Drinkwater, Batshuayi), City (Mangala) and Spurs (Nkoudou) all have unwanted players on their books that they've been unable to sell. You can look abroad as well and see that even Barca and Madrid are having difficulty shifting some players on (actual good players like Coutinho and Isco, for example) because of their salaries and transfer fees. The difference is they just have fewer problem players, so it's not as big an issue.

And honestly, I don't know how Arsenal breaks out of this cycle. I think they've fucked themselves for a very long time with their transfer policy. Kroenke could throw some money their way to help them sign some players, but how much would that really fix, long-term? They still have ageing players on big contracts, and adding new guys bloats the wage bill even more. The fundamental problem of financial mismanagement remains the same.

As I see it, there are only two options for the club right now. Use the unwanted players in the first team and hope they become more attractive assets through good performances (they wouldn't be unwanted if they were good performers in the first place, mind you), or wait until their contracts expire. A classic pick your poison scenario but I don't see any other ways out.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19996
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:42 am

AnJl wrote:Its really irritating to see Arsenal go about their transfer dealings like this. They realise the team is in DESPERATE need for an upheaval, but yet we haven't got anyone noteworthy.

Like, what the fuck was the scouting and management team doing in the second half of the season as the team was falling apart?

Pre season has already started, no new players have come in. Then when they do come in, Emery will go "they need time to settle and get used to the team" so that sets everything back.

And the league starts in less than a month.

The worst thing? We cant even do anything about as we watch the club fall apart. The club is cursed with Kronke at the helm and all those other dickwards just sitting there and talking.


Admittedly from the outside, I don't quite understand this dramatic description?
How exactly is the team 'falling apart'?

The way I see it, you've got a number of great players in your first team, and only certain areas to fix.
You've got two absolute top strikers, forming the core of what can be a very exiting attack, Özil is still a top AM even if we know about his negatives, it's not like Mkhitaryan can't be used either.
XHAKA and Torreira is a good midfield with Guendouzi having played a promising first season.

With Koscielny leaving and Mustafi being a catastrophy, you are in desperate need of a couple CB, hardly a problem that can't be fixed though?
There's many interesting CBs out there that could possibly be signed by Arsenal.
Get a seasoned WC player in Boateng and then a youg talent, maybe one of BVBs Diallo/Akanji will be sold after they got Hummels and Balerdi. And that's just from the top of my head an example from clubs I know about.

Fullbacks, a bit more tricky. But still, you can't tell me it's not possible to find players. If I think that a player like Henrichs seems to be available from Monaco (apparently we're thinking about buying him) whom I liked very much every time I saw him. Can play on both sides. Again, just providing examples in front of my eyes, of course actual scouts will have many more examples from other leagues and clubs.

Then you could need a pacy winger but you seem to be trying for Zaha, if he's to expensive surely there are similar options out there.

Ramsey is a loss, of course, but then one problem of recent years was the inconsistency of Ramsey's impact (injuries, positional problems, etc).
If Torreira is hellbent on leaving, that would be disappointing and would produce the need for another good signing, sure.

So yes, there's a number of problems to be addressed with the squad. But 'falling apart'? The window is still open for more than a month.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 34047
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:06 am

It probably comes from the club's typically haphazard approach to squad building. The new management talked up having plans and being more efficient in the market, but currently it doesn't seem like much as changed from the previous era. Baring in mind that the transfer window for PL clubs closes on August 8 and that the first pre-season friendly is in four days, it's a tad concerning that the only player in is an 18-year-old from the Brazilian third division.

And hey, you won't catch me dismissing a young player just because he came from nowhere, but there are some urgent problems that need addressing and we haven't been getting much encouragement. Centre back seems especially perilous now with the Koscielny stuff, but the only links I've seen to CBs at the moment is the kid we're going to sign and then loan out. Again, I support that bit of business, but there's a need now as well.

Anyway, I'm not that fussed about when new players arrive, just as long as they do in the end. I suspect Arsenal will do something in the final two weeks. Even they aren't mad enough to not sign a first team CB when Sokratis is the only reliable option there currently (I would say Holding as well, but we don't know what he'll be like post injury). And I think Kieran Tierney will arrive eventually as well.

I don't think a CM or winger will arrive because they're going to require big investments that Arsenal just can't do at the moment. They're gonna have to rely on the kids for those positions for time being.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19996
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by El Gunner Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:18 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
AnJl wrote:Its really irritating to see Arsenal go about their transfer dealings like this. They realise the team is in DESPERATE need for an upheaval, but yet we haven't got anyone noteworthy.

Like, what the fuck was the scouting and management team doing in the second half of the season as the team was falling apart?

Pre season has already started, no new players have come in. Then when they do come in, Emery will go "they need time to settle and get used to the team" so that sets everything back.

And the league starts in less than a month.

The worst thing? We cant even do anything about as we watch the club fall apart. The club is cursed with Kronke at the helm and all those other dickwards just sitting there and talking.


Admittedly from the outside, I don't quite understand this dramatic description?
How exactly is the team 'falling apart'?

The way I see it, you've got a number of great players in your first team, and only certain areas to fix.
You've got two absolute top strikers, forming the core of what can be a very exiting attack, Özil is still a top AM even if we know about his negatives, it's not like Mkhitaryan can't be used either.
XHAKA and Torreira is a good midfield with Guendouzi having played a promising first season.

With Koscielny leaving and Mustafi being a catastrophy, you are in desperate need of a couple CB, hardly a problem that can't be fixed though?
There's many interesting CBs out there that could possibly be signed by Arsenal.
Get a seasoned WC player in Boateng and then a youg talent, maybe one of BVBs Diallo/Akanji will be sold after they got Hummels and Balerdi. And that's just from the top of my head an example from clubs I know about.

Fullbacks, a bit more tricky. But still, you can't tell me it's not possible to find players. If I think that a player like Henrichs seems to be available from Monaco (apparently we're thinking about buying him) whom I liked very much every time I saw him. Can play on both sides. Again, just providing examples in front of my eyes, of course actual scouts will have many more examples from other leagues and clubs.

Then you could need a pacy winger but you seem to be trying for Zaha, if he's to expensive surely there are similar options out there.

Ramsey is a loss, of course, but then one problem of recent years was the inconsistency of Ramsey's impact (injuries, positional problems, etc).
If Torreira is hellbent on leaving, that would be disappointing and would produce the need for another good signing, sure.

So yes, there's a number of problems to be addressed with the squad. But 'falling apart'? The window is still open for more than a month.

Maybe "falling apart" is a bit of an exaggeration. But have you seen us play? Apart from Lacazette and Aubameyang, I genuinely don't feel any good about our squad. Torreira has a good skillset but instead of XHAKA, he needs a more complete and consistent partner next to him if he wants to be a very good PL midfielder.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 22250
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:58 pm


Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19996
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:08 pm

Jay29 wrote:


Wait, that is the one prospective CB kid signing you mentioned above, isn't it?

El Gunner wrote:

Maybe "falling apart" is a bit of an exaggeration. But have you seen us play? Apart from Lacazette and Aubameyang, I genuinely don't feel any good about our squad. Torreira has a good skillset but instead of XHAKA, he needs a more complete and consistent partner next to him if he wants to be a very good PL midfielder.


I've seen you play, yes, and above all you were very inconsistent.

But there was a stretch in the season were you played very successfully, and at times enjoyably too.
The Auba-Laca combination is awesome, makes you look forward to seeing them.

I'm not sure what to think of Emery, as the inconsistency seems to be kind of his handwriting, but there were positive things going on definitively, too.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 34047
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:14 pm

Wait, that is the one prospective CB kid signing you mentioned above, isn't it?

Yes, the one they've spent all summer trying to sign.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19996
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:04 pm

No signings yet. Raul Sanllehi is useless, worse than Gazidis.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 17210
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Twoism Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:04 pm

Dont want to be doom and gloom just yet, nothing official so everything is still on the table. I know Orny is a deity when it comes to Arsenal news but we still have one month to work things out.

As for Kozz, he was kinda borderline legend last year mostly to the fault of lack of trophy but with this new public stun, gonna be hard to recover. I remember Gallas got so much shit as a captain with his sulking at Birmingham, this is worse.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2847
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Twoism Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:07 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:No signings yet. Raul Sanllehi is useless, worse than Gazidis.


Lets not go there, bald fraud got us into this mess. All of his star players are now deadweight and impossible to shift out. Raul, Unai and maybe Edu hands are all tied. We have less money than Everton, Westham and probably few more mid table clubs and money talks.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2847
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24 ... 44  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum