Vibe
Freeza
Art Morte
Great Leader Sprucenuce
El Gunner
14 posters

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:22 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I don't know why sports fans are so oblivious to what's obviously in front of them.

We saw it with Emery, Arsenal fans were convinced he'd be good despite the fact everyone with history of him told you who he was.

Harden has shown a history of prioritising individual awards over team success yet people still don't see it.

People are who they are and very rarely change too drastically, but for some reason Sports fans are incredibly slow to accepting reality.

If it makes you feel better, you can believe whatever you want but what you are saying has no logical reasoning. Harden has repeatedly shown how much he wants that ring because it will mean so much for his (and Houston’s) legacy. Just because he hasn’t moved to a better team yet doesn’t mean he doesn’t want it.

It’s crazy that we are talking about his mentality after a historic game like that. But I shouldn’t be surprised really knowing how hated he is.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:30 pm

I'm not even hating on him, I'm indifferent towards him most of the time. I don't really care but there's a clear and obvious difference in priorities between the two scenarios i compared.

Also what Harden says is completely meaningless, no player is ever going to admit to prioritising individual success over team success.

But his actions over the years speak volumes, the fact tou refuse to see that isn't my fault.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:32 pm

I think it’s fair to hate someone who went to strip clubs before each and every game and played an entire finals hungover. That’s my hate with Harden.

Such a naturally gifted player but he’s always had something off with his desire to win imo.

I guess he was young and probably has matured. But he’s still showing up overweight every season, still goes out and gets hammered etc.

How good would he be if he actually took care of himself like the other MVPs? It’s incredible he’s that durable given his workload and conditioning.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:34 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'm not even hating on him, I'm indifferent towards him most of the time. I don't really care but there's a clear and obvious difference in priorities between the two scenarios i compared.

Also what Harden says is completely meaningless, no player is ever going to admit to prioritising individual success over team success.

But his actions over the years speak volumes, the fact tou refuse to see that isn't my fault.

Also Daryl Morey has been going on podcasts for years now crying about Harden not winning every MVP. He even says Steph shouldn’t have won his first, even though all advanced stats says he should.

It’s so clear what that team plays for when the GM is out doing PR to get the MVP every year
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:48 pm

Freeza wrote:I think it’s fair to hate someone who went to strip clubs before each and every game and played an entire finals hungover. That’s my hate with Harden.

Such a naturally gifted player but he’s always had something off with his desire to win imo.

I guess he was young and probably has matured. But he’s still showing up overweight every season, still goes out and gets hammered etc.

How good would he be if he actually took care of himself like the other MVPs? It’s incredible he’s that durable given his workload and conditioning.

Don’t know how anyone can question Harden’s commitment of all superstars. You can say he isn’t as “born to be a superstar” as someone like Giannis or LeBron is, he’s turned into one. From 6th man to MVP. And he keeps improving every year, adding more moves, finding new ways to counter the ways he’s defended against. Improving his numbers. Carrying his team in the regular season as well as in the playoffs (as much as he can). All without complaining about the team he is in, or his teammates or just being a general snake.

The only stain in his career so far is the lack of rings, which is what makes the thought that he doesn’t care about that even more ridiculous.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:50 pm

Freeza wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'm not even hating on him, I'm indifferent towards him most of the time. I don't really care but there's a clear and obvious difference in priorities between the two scenarios i compared.

Also Daryl Morey has been going on podcasts for years now crying about Harden not winning every MVP. He even says Steph shouldn’t have won his first, even though all advanced stats says he should.

It’s so clear what that team plays for when the GM is out doing PR to get the MVP every year

GM supports and flatters his best player. What a shock.

Do you know how ridiculous you sound?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:54 pm

It was definitely wrong for him to keep playing in the blowout as I'm beefing with CBollocks right now and he has Harden.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:56 pm

Yeah I'm fine with it for that reason tbh

Be as selfish as possible pls
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:02 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Freeza wrote:

GM supports and flatters his best player. What a shock.

Do you know how ridiculous you sound?

GM’s are not allowed to comment on other players publicly. So a GM going voluntarily on podcasts to slight other players to support his own bothers me. Imagine if any other GM did this. Of right. No other Gm does.

Just take Steve Kerr who’s a coach. Dude handles media so fucking well and doesn’t trash competition to care for his own ego.

You really can never see any negative with anything Rockets does ever? I find it wild how you don’t find Morey’s podcast app arranged annoying.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:04 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Freeza wrote:I think it’s fair to hate someone who went to strip clubs before each and every game and played an entire finals hungover. That’s my hate with Harden.

Don’t know how anyone can question Harden’s commitment of all superstars. You can say he isn’t as “born to be a superstar” as someone like Giannis or LeBron is, he’s turned into one. From 6th man to MVP. And he keeps improving every year, adding more moves, finding new ways to counter the ways he’s defended against. Improving his numbers. Carrying his team in the regular season as well as in the playoffs (as much as he can). All without complaining about the team he is in, or his teammates or just being a general snake.

The only stain in his career so far is the lack of rings, which is what makes the thought that he doesn’t care about that even more ridiculous.

His stain is that he was literally drunk in Miami during the finals.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:19 pm

Freeza wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

Don’t know why I’m even trying to have a serious discussion.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:30 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Freeza wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

Don’t know why I’m even trying to have a serious discussion.

Serious discussion? Were you really trying?

I said I think he could be better if he took care of himself because he's naturally gifted.

You then write as if I said he wasn't "born to be a superstar" which I disagree with. None of Harden's limitations are physically or skill wise, it's all attitude.

He was incredibly immature when he was younger. It's not something that can be discussed really. OKC was worried about him being hungover and partying.

Then he showed up this year in this shape: https://twitter.com/NBA_Skits/status/1170430533328941060

He's one of the most naturally gifted players in the league. He's got such a good feel for the game. But his desire for stats and MVP awards does in my opinion keep him from being in better shape during the playoffs.
Last year he was good. But the year before he was atrocious in most games further on in the series and his tank was completely empty.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:00 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'm referring to his reaction when he was told he was 2 of his career high, his actions speak much louder than words ever could.

It's blatantly obvious he cares more about MVPs, scoring titles than NBA championships.

yea no you're talking out of your ass mate sorry lol
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:11 pm

The NBA is in the midst of its longest trade drought since 1968.

There hasn't been a trade since Russell Westbrook was traded by the Oklahoma City Thunder to the Houston Rockets for Chris Paul in July.

Kinda interesting. I don't see any obvious trades on the horizon, either. Maybe some of the under-performing teams ( Spurs, Pistons?) are considering turning some of their better players into picks?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:54 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'm referring to his reaction when he was told he was 2 of his career high, his actions speak much louder than words ever could.

It's blatantly obvious he cares more about MVPs, scoring titles than NBA championships.

You're see it eventually, just like how it took you over a year to realise Emery is a coward.

Not my fault i see these things quicker than you do.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:56 pm

Art Morte wrote:
The NBA is in the midst of its longest trade drought since 1968.

There hasn't been a trade since Russell Westbrook was traded by the Oklahoma City Thunder to the Houston Rockets for Chris Paul in July.

Kinda interesting. I don't see any obvious trades on the horizon, either. Maybe some of the under-performing teams ( Spurs, Pistons?) are considering turning some of their better players into picks?

I mean of course we are.

Over half the league isn't even eligible to be traded atm.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:24 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

You're see it eventually, just like how it took you over a year to realise Emery is a coward.

Not my fault i see these things quicker than you do.

okay visionary Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:52 pm

We really fielding a Rondo-Kuzma-Daniels lineup in a game up 10...

Fucking lead gone in an instant.

This some Luke Walton level shit lineup...

Rondo is so fucking awful to watch.. I can't anymore.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:36 pm

No fucking point in playing when referees are like this. Absolutely wild stuff
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:11 pm

It's pissing me off that four straight horrible no-calls from the refs really influences our mentality that much...

They should just throw in Jared Dudley to hit the referee and move the fuck on.

Terrible loss. Should've won given how we started.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:11 pm

Still time for Dallas to choke like last time imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:13 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Still time for Dallas to choke like last time imo.

If Danny Green could hit something, sure.

Also Caruso not getting minutes earlier while Rondo is leading the charge is wild.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:08 am

Lads we repeating this year Proud
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:13 am

im all in on the Raptors this season since my Oakland City Warriors are taking the year off Molenation
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:13 am

Same thing every game, it's a close game in final 5 minutes and we fall apart in the clutch.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:16 am

El Gunner wrote:im all in on the Raptors this season since my Oakland City Warriors are taking the year off Molenation

Oakland doesn't have a team any more than Seattle does hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next