Vibe
Freeza
Art Morte
Great Leader Sprucenuce
El Gunner
14 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:47 pm

Yeah but funny jokes > actual facts imo.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Art Morte Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:13 pm

Woj saying that Zion hasn't got a serious injury, but will miss a few weeks hmm

Kinda kills the Pels' start-of-season hype.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:28 pm

Damn Sad

I hope they're just being ultra cautious and not any long term damage.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:49 pm

Main man Lonzo got this
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:01 pm

Well i can say this, I'm way more confident in our depth to withstand a short term injury than at any stage during ADs time in New Orleans.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:04 pm

Zion injury proneness due to his physical built and explosiveness already starting to show hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:09 pm

El Gunner wrote:Zion injury proneness due to his physical built and explosiveness already starting to show hmm

Lets not overreact, that might end up being true but it's way too early to be resorting to "he needs to lose weight " takes twitter is infested with rn.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:56 pm

I would be careful to label Zion as injury prone. He's had a couple injuries throughout HS and college. None were substantial, and none were scary, and none were particularly worrying.

The fact of the matter is that everyone on Reddit and Twitter thinks they're a doctor and that the human body is as simple as "Zion is big. Zion does big jump. Zion lands on feet. Knees are gonna go eventually".

The human body is way more complex than that and the human body varies incredibly. The fact that Zion is even able to do the things he does is evidence of that. In the same way, we have no clue if his high flying is something that is gonna wear him down or whether he has really well built knees that can withstand that kind of force consistently.

Classic internet response. No nuance whatsoever, and zero self awareness. Zion has been high flying for 5 or 6 years now with only minor injuries. I'm not saying that's something that will last forever, but it's something to consider.

Also, the dude actually goes for layups the majority of the time and doesn't take off/land as hard as often as people say he does.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:10 pm

Yep most of his buckets have been layups lol.

He's had very few dunks and even less earth shattering ones.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:12 pm

"Zion is big. Zion does big jump. Zion lands on feet. Knees are gonna go eventually".

tbh i think that's a pretty fair conclusion of connecting dots together. It's pretty much well known that the knees are sensitive to heavy mass and explosiveness across sport domains. And the knee structure is just a weird joint in that the kneecap becomes more loose the more the tendons holding it in place experiences wear and tear, and this could affect nerve endings in the surrounding area as well. So yeah

I'm not saying there isn't more nuance to it from person to person, but i don't think anyone is trying to be a doctor lol.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:12 pm

As usual, the majority of people who are making comments haven't really watched him.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:20 pm

El Gunner wrote:
"Zion is big. Zion does big jump. Zion lands on feet. Knees are gonna go eventually".

tbh i think that's a pretty fair conclusion of connecting dots together. It's pretty much well known that the knees are sensitive to heavy mass and explosiveness across sport domains. And the knee structure is just a weird joint in that the kneecap becomes more loose the more the tendons holding it in place experiences wear and tear, and this could affect nerve endings in the surrounding area as well. So yeah

I'm not saying there isn't more nuance to it from person to person, but i don't think anyone is trying to be a doctor lol.

That's reductionism in the worst sense though.

I think it's fine to be "wary" of Zion's knees especially as it relates to his dunking. But there is no evidence to suggest that Zion is going to be injury prone.

There are as many examples of thunderous dunkers who have had knee injuries as there are thunderous dunkers who never had any sort of knee injury. Zion's been doing this stuff for 6 years now through a time where his body was still changing and yet he's been fine.

Note I'm not saying that Zion won't have any sort of injuries in the future. Just that we can't really tell anything about what Zion's career will look like injury wise based on what we know. His doctors might have an idea.

And trust me, if it's worth it for Zion to slim down, the doctors/organization will be the first ones to tell him that.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:57 pm

If his injury is "ouch, I banged my knee and now it's hurt" that's nothing to worry about, but if it is because of the stress that's been put on the knee during preseason games and training then that's fuel to the "he's too heavy to play the way he does" fire.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:18 pm

NAW is going to be a star.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:21 pm

who dat?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:34 pm

El Gunner wrote:who dat?

Guard we drafted, he has the game and attitude that all star players have.

I know it's pre season and i imagine it won't happen immediately but i don't see how it won't happen eventually.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:12 pm

After much contemplation, I don't think any more that the Clippers are going to win anything. Leonard and George are too similar and Zubac's not good enough to be your only true center.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:29 pm

They're two wings, doesn't matter if they're too similar.
You don't need a top class center to win big these days
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:45 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
El Gunner wrote:who dat?

Guard we drafted, he has the game and attitude that all star players have.

I know it's pre season and i imagine it won't happen immediately but i don't see how it won't happen eventually.

He's from Toronto hope he does well.

Also just found out we playing each other on the first day Proud would've loved to have seen Zion.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:04 pm

just found out there are rumours that Kyle Kuzma could be dating a Jenner / (Kardashian sister) in Kendall

Sorry FreezeBall, your team is cursed!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:16 pm

El Gunner wrote:just found out there are rumours that Kyle Kuzma could be dating a Jenner / (Kardashian sister) in Kendall

Sorry FreezeBall, your team is cursed!

Those 6 months year old rumours that were denied?

Also not only blaming the women for performance issues is wack.

It never had a basis in reality. Players never performed less when they were with them lol.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:18 pm

it's a spiritual curse that impacts the team's success negatively not necessarily the specific player's performance
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:23 pm

El Gunner wrote:it's a spiritual curse that impacts the team's success negatively not necessarily the specific player's performance

Sure Rolling Eyes

Sure?:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:19 am

We choose Marqueese Chris over Alfonzo McKinnie for the squad this season.

Am glad, McKinnie was like a C-grade Harrison Barnes
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:24 pm

Siakam and Hield both signing extensions.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:52 pm

Siakam's max is of the Middleton type, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next