Transfer Rumours V6

+33
elitedam
Arquitecto
Chad31
FennecFox7
The Franchise
zenmaster
S
neuro11
The Demon of Carthage
Cruijf
sportsczy
Valkyrja
Bankz
halamadrid2
Firenze
Winter is Coming
Thimmy
Doc
rincon
Kebab
Harmonica
danyjr
Kick
BarrileteCosmico
windkick
BarcaLearning
Hapless_Hans
alexjanosik
Lucifer
Mr Nick09
futbol
Myesyats
eelir
37 posters

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by danyjr Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:57 am

Order must have come from Koeman. The Dutch connection is back.

danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 7743
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:20 pm

This last day of the window is a massive L.

Dont get me wrong, some positives in there but overall its been a terrible last day.

Emerson looked like a good alternative to Dest, different qualities. I think Mingueza is very capable of being 2nd choice RB so its not a disaster, but 20m isnt exactly a kings ransom.

Moriba, no problem. Right decision and the deal is relatively fair all things considered.

Griezmann has no value to me, but even so, a loan? Atleti arent obligated to buy? They will not have much interest in spending 40m on a 33 year old Griezmann so its very possible the problem will revert back to us, now with a even less valuable asset. His ridiculous wage had to be removed so that is a good thing. Perhaps it is the case nobody was willing spend 40m+ on him and also that Griezmann only accepts a move to Atleti.

De Jong, pointless loan. If everyone is fit and available, I can think of at least 6 players id rather see. Also, what is the point of this loan when we could have just kept a similar player in Manaj? I think this was done simply to appease Koeman, who while has had almost no money to spend will be more comfortable with his Dutch players he knows very well.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19617
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by danyjr Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:59 pm

@The Franchise wrote:This last day of the window is a massive L.

Dont get me wrong, some positives in there but overall its been a terrible last day.

Emerson looked like a good alternative to Dest, different qualities. I think Mingueza is very capable of being 2nd choice RB so its not a disaster, but 20m isnt exactly a kings ransom.

Moriba, no problem. Right decision and the deal is relatively fair all things considered.

Griezmann has no value to me, but even so, a loan? Atleti arent obligated to buy? They will not have much interest in spending 40m on a 33 year old Griezmann so its very possible the problem will revert back to us, now with a even less valuable asset. His ridiculous wage had to be removed so that is a good thing. Perhaps it is the case nobody was willing spend 40m+ on him and also that Griezmann only accepts a move to Atleti.

De Jong, pointless loan. If everyone is fit and available, I can think of at least 6 players id rather see. Also, what is the point of this loan when we could have just kept a similar player in Manaj? I think this was done simply to appease Koeman, who while has had almost no money to spend will be more comfortable with his Dutch players he knows very well.

A correction to your post, Atlético are obliged to complete the transfer for €40m next season.

Griezmann's transfer is the strangest one. It seems Barcelona did not learn from selling Suárez to their direct rivals last season. Without Suárez I don't believe Atlético would have won La Liga. And you might say "well Griezmann isn't as good as Suárez" and while I agree, he is perfectly set up to contribute to Simeon's system. I think he will add plenty of value to their team and once again Barça have shot themselves in the foot.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 7743
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by alexjanosik Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:13 pm

Much rather Atletico win than Madrid. And Griezman didn't want to go anywhere else. Mixed transfer window and last day. We managed to get rid of the humongous wages of Messi and Griezman easing the financial burden. But other old or useless or both high wage earners remain. The likes of Umtiti, Panic, Coutinho, Alba etc. Ideally should have moved on atleast a couple from the batch.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3188
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:15 pm

Ok, so it is an obligation. Less bad.

I think Griezmann will help Atleti, different way of playing, different system and I am sure he will look pretty good.

I think they were hamstrung by my guess that Griezmann seemingly refuses to go anywhere except Atleti.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19617
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:19 pm

Pretty shocked and sad to see him go, I guess its just the financial situation is so bad we just need to survive as a club, otherwise there is no way even Barto level management wouldnt have let both Messi AND Griezmann leave in one window ffs... the quality of our play will just further drop so much.

Not sure if ppl realize, even if Griezmann has been disappointing and especially goals wise, his general play has been good for a lot of games. I doubt the likes of Fati/Dembele/De Jong is gonna do anything close to what Griezmann did in terms of the general play in a game, they may offer something else, but we will miss so much else.

Only positive I can think of from this move is De Jong can be plan B when we inevitably fall behind in games and decide to pump high balls into the box Razz One target instead of zero + Pique lool....

Cant help the negativity sorry, but it just keeps getting worst :facepalm:
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 6571
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Myesyats Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:54 pm

One positive takeaway from the Luuk De Jong loan:
-Sevilla are not receiving any money for the loan
-they're paying part of his salary (IDK how much exactly)


I'm happy Griezmann is gone one way or another because this means Demir will get more chances and they're counting on him

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 15288
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Myesyats Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:09 am



Lets wrap this up boys, no future for this club :facepalm:

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 15288
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:35 am

@Myesyats wrote:One positive takeaway from the Luuk De Jong loan:
-Sevilla are not receiving any money for the loan
-they're paying part of his salary (IDK how much exactly)


I'm happy Griezmann is gone one way or another because this means Demir will get more chances and they're counting on him

I saw this too, I just dont understand why Sevilla would agree to this. Getting literally nothing positive out of this.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19617
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:37 am

@BarcaLearning wrote:Pretty shocked and sad to see him go, I guess its just the financial situation is so bad we just need to survive as a club, otherwise there is no way even Barto level management wouldnt have let both Messi AND Griezmann leave in one window ffs... the quality of our play will just further drop so much.


Some people see this as a positive, especially so regarding Griezmann.

I dont see what you see here, Griezmann adds next to nothing in terms of quality of our play.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19617
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:38 am

@Myesyats wrote:

Lets wrap this up boys, no future for this club :facepalm:


Bizarre transfer. Which position is he supposed to play?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19617
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:36 pm

@alex wage bill is currently 85%, still a long way to 70%.

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 27098
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Myesyats Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:55 pm

Pjanic another one off the books. Umtiti next probably

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 15288
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by CM Pep Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:22 am

Pjanic gone too. Laporta getting down and dirty and doing that massive clean up.

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Clean-10


As for the Catalan veterans, I hope this is Busquets, Alba and Pique's last seasons as a starter. Sergi Roberto going to be dat utility player till 2050 tho.
CM Pep
CM Pep
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 307
Join date : 2016-04-03

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by alexjanosik Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:19 am

It had to be done at some point. Might as well do it now. Speaks volumes that we got rid of 3 high wage earners last year in Suarez, Rakitic and Vidal. Got rid of the 2 biggest in Messi, Griezman this year and yet our wage bill is at 85% of revenue. The wage structure has been completely and utterly destroyed. We must be paying upwards of 2 times market rates. Simply unacceptable and hope we put a firm wage structure in place moving forward.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3188
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by alexjanosik Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:22 am

On transfers, I sort of like Olmo and his profile. Feel we should have brought him back before he moved to Leipzig.
With Messi and Suarez gone, we have lost a lot of goals. And let's face it. We are not signing Haaland. That leaves the burden of goalscoring on Memphis and Fati. Fati is an unknown post injury.
We need the midfield to chip in and Olmo is a good goal scoring midfielder. Quick, gets into good positions in the box , very good long shot and not too bad technically either.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3188
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by danyjr Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:36 am

@CM Pep wrote:Pjanic gone too. Laporta getting down and dirty and doing that massive clean up.

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Clean-10


As for the Catalan veterans, I hope this is Busquets, Alba and Pique's last seasons as a starter. Sergi Roberto going to be dat utility player till 2050 tho.
Pedri to take number 8?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors
Posts : 7743
Join date : 2012-02-24

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Myesyats Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:34 am

@danyjr wrote:Pedri to take number 8?

Gavi will be promoted from Juvenil A to the 1st team in place of Pjanic

So I expect Pedri to get #8 and Gavi #16

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 15288
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:02 pm

@alexjanosik wrote:It had to be done at some point. Might as well do it now. Speaks volumes that we got rid of 3 high wage earners last year in Suarez, Rakitic and Vidal. Got rid of the 2 biggest in Messi, Griezman this year and yet our wage bill is at 85% of revenue. The wage structure has been completely and utterly destroyed. We must be paying upwards of 2 times market rates. Simply unacceptable and hope we put a firm wage structure in place moving forward.


Was thinking the exact same thing. I understand that La Liga have not taken COVID losses into consideration when imposing this cap, but even aside from that how it it possible to let go of this much salary and STILL be struggling. Horrific.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19617
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:03 pm

@alexjanosik wrote:On transfers, I sort of like Olmo and his profile. Feel we should have brought him back before he moved to Leipzig.
With Messi and Suarez gone, we have lost a lot of goals. And let's face it. We are not signing Haaland. That leaves the burden of goalscoring on Memphis and Fati. Fati is an unknown post injury.
We need the midfield to chip in and Olmo is a good goal scoring midfielder. Quick, gets into good positions in the box , very good long shot and not too bad technically either.

I dont have an issue with Olmo's talent (though that price tag doesnt impress me one bit) but how does he fit into an 11 which contains De Jong, Pedri, Fati and Depay? I am not sure he does.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19617
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by alexjanosik Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:06 pm

Well, we need rotation. I don't want to see Pedri play 75 games again. So he can play instead of Pedri in some games and subbed in early.
Also could see a midfield of FDJ, Pedri, Olmo in home games. I know coaches seem to think DM is not FDJ's best position. But playing pivot would enable him to utilize his best asset. Breaking lines with his excellent dribbling from deep.
Alternatively FDJ could play in the back 3 and Olmo in midfield. All sorts of combinations in midfield I feel. Plus Olmo has played in the forward line as well. With Ansu and Dembele having question marks , can play Olmo on the wing.
I don't agree with the price either BTW. Time to get him was before the Leipzig move. He went relatively cheap. But if we are looking for a goal scoring midfielder who is also good technically, Olmo is a pretty good option.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3188
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Myesyats Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:18 pm

I wouldnt mind Olmo but not at 75m (that was the rumored fee). Besides the fact that we don't have that kind of money right now, hes not worth more than 30-40m

We really need to stop overpaying for scrubs

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 15288
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Lucifer Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:30 pm

We need to stop paying for scrubs.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8108
Join date : 2015-06-16
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:18 pm

So you get everyone "off the books", Messi, Griezmann, Pjanic gone, Pique and Busquets accepting paycuts, other players accepting paycuts

yet your wage bill is still what, 80% of revenue? Laughing When at other clubs it's like 50-60% Laughing

those paycuts of Pique and Busquets can't be that big, in reality
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 33263
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Myesyats Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:30 pm

@Lucifer wrote:We need to stop paying for scrubs.

Yeah true, my bad Laughing

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 15288
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:41 pm

Part of the problem is that covid really impacted revenues while wages remained constant. In a normal year we probably would be alright by now in the revenues to wages ratio.

The other part is that the ratio takes into account amortized transfer fees , which don't go away even if you sell the player.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 27098
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum