RealGunner
Katy Perry
Blue
Doc
Kick
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Chelsea 21/22 - Improving Efficiency - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea 21/22 - Improving Efficiency

Post by Kick Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:39 pm

JespSwe wrote:
Kick wrote:
JespSwe wrote:I came here to say this - next season Ziyech will be ya all's standout performer of the season.
Today he started his first training session in Chelsea shirt.

Lampard is assembling what guardiola did few seasons ago with hosts of legit talents and this will be very good years for Chelsea.

I am very excited by the team we are building, and hopefully Lampard is given the time to show how good it can be.

the defense esp. CBs are a concern for u guys but really the rest looks absolutely solid. ur team looks like goal is going to come from everywhere that being said its no point when defense starts conceding goals equally.

ziyech has been hardly discussed except i and ajax fans here did so im gonna say again that ziyech is going to be a big time player for u guys... ; that guy is going to provide u so many good scoring opportunities.

Honestly, I think the GK is a greater issue than CB. Zouma has shown that he should be our first choice at CB, Tomori has the ability to be an able partner and Rudiger is fine as well. I'd like an upgrade there, but I'd prefer a GK first.

It also seems like we're lining up a midfield and attack of:

Kante
Havertz Mount
Ziyech Werner Pulisic

That's a very technically sound, high pressing team, but would need a commanding CB and GK to finish it off. A GK would be more important as Zouma somewhat fits the role.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chelsea 21/22 - Improving Efficiency - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea 21/22 - Improving Efficiency

Post by Kick Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:40 pm

Worth a watch Thumbs up
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:25 am

Kick wrote:
Top 10 team unless someone plays out of their skin next season.
Our youth really stepped up and an overall solid attack ensured we exceeded all expectations! :bow:

Kick wrote:As long as we minimize our expectations for next season and aim to play the youth (CHO, RLC, James, Tammy and Mount) the transfer ban isn't the end of the world.
We definitely played the youth, and saved over 80m on not having to buy a CF, CMx2, RB, RW, and CB :bow:

Kick wrote:Also if we can turn one of CHO or Pulisic (or both) into world class players, that'd be fantastic, too.
Pulisic is well on his way to becoming our superstar :bow:

Overall, I am very happy with the season :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:27 am

We desperately need a upgrade over Kepa, IMO he is our weak link.

Oblak would be great, but unrealistic to shell out another world record for GK.

I really like Andre Onana, he would be fantastic upgrade and cheap.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:44 am

Well Jamie Cumming has just gone on loan.

I could see us dropping Kepa to second choice, Willy to third and us bringing in Onana.

otherwise we'll have to shift Kepa, which won't be easy.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:07 am

So we've returned to training and are steaming towards the new season. Unsurprisingly, we're incredibly active in the transfer market, and will most likely remain so until the deadline.

I thought I'd give a run down of our squad before the season, as I think (including the soon to be announced incoming transfers) we're almost finished with incoming transfers.

Goalkeepers:
This is the one area where we still need to strengthen, but is also the position that will be the hardest to do so. Kepa has not been good enough but his contract and wages mean he is incredibly difficult to shift on, even on loan. Willy has been a decent back up but is getting older and will likely be third choice this season, if we can sign a replacement. The current rumours suggest we're looking for a cheaper option to compete with Kepa as opposed to an expensive first choice. The likes of Edouard Mendy, Sergio Romero, Mike Maignan, Alphonse Areola have been linked. Petr Cech and Christophe Lollichon are on the case and I expect we'll sign someone before the window closes. Watch this space.

GK options:
Kepa, Caballero, + new GK

Defenders:
This is another region of weakness last season. However, recent developments have improved this area dramatically. Azpilicueta and Zouma are the only ones who can hold their head up high from last season. Rudiger, James, Christensen, Alonso, and Tomori had mixed seasons and Emerson was generally poor. The inevitable incoming transfers of Chilwell, Thiago Silva, and Sarr have improved our defence for the upcoming season, and potentially in future seasons too. Lampard wanted a vocal leader in CB, and a quick LB who can run up and down all day. We've signed both of these players, plus Sarr, who could join the squad once Silva leaves but will be loaned this season. Tomori seems to be the odd one out in defence, and will also be loaned, but my persional preference would be to sell Christensen, he has not been good enough, but could do a job in another league. Emerson is as good as gone. Inter is the expected destination.

so our options will be:
Azpillicueta, James, Zouma, Silva, Rudiger, Christensen, Chilwell, Alonso

Midfielders and attackers:
Due to Lampard's love for versatile players, I thought it would be best to talk about these two together. It doesn't seem like Lampard wants to change our defensive midfield options of Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, and Gilmour. Or at least, the market isn't favourable to shifting on the probably out of favour Jorginho so I think we'll stick with what we've got, for this season. Gilmour is out for a few months, but will likely be second choice DM behind Kante once he returns. Ampadu is determined to stay and fight for a spot at Chelsea, and will be interesting to see if he stays and fits in. Kovacic's (just announce PoTS, congrats!) role won't change. RLC, Barkley, Mount, Ziyech, and Havertz will most likely join Kovacic as number 8 options. If Lampard considers this to be too many, Barkley may be moved on.

Mount, Ziyech, and Havertz are also options for wide attackers and are joined by Pulisic (out until october or so), CHO and Werner. While we lost Pedro and Willian, we have options on the wings. I can only see a cheap move happening here, if we do make one. Perhaps Ryan Fraser will get a call?

Up top, Werner joins our attack of Abraham, Giroud, and Batshuayi. Havertz can also play there but I doubt we'll see him playing there often. Batshuayi is being shopped around and will have to move on, for the sake of his career. It won't be easy though. Everyone else will remain.

DM options:
Kante, Gilmour, Jorginho

No 8 options:
Kovacic, Mount, Havertz, RLC, Barkley, Kante, Ziyech

Attacking midfield options:
Havertz, Mount, Pulisic, CHO, Ziyech, Werner, Barkley, RLC

CF options:
Werner, Abraham, Giroud

In:
Ziyech
Werner
Chilwell
Silva
Havertz
Sarr
New GK?
New winger?

Out:
Willian
Pedro
Emerson
Batshuayi
Tomori (loan)
Sarr (loan)
Barkley?

With this side, I'd expect another 4 four finish, a decent CL run, perhaps a cup, and most importantly, improvement in our efficiency both in front of goal and in defence.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:10 pm

Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:35 am

I wonder what's going on with Tomori. I personally thought he had a good season. We just went in a rut and started to struggle while conceding lots of goals (not necessarily tied to him) and then Lampard started rotating his defence, almost out of desperation and without a logic behind it, and eventually stuck to the one where we started to win games. But he did fell 4th choice and never recovered from that. So Lampard must have been really unimpressed with him in the training sessions, despite his stellar training performances being the reason he gained a place in the first XI in the first half of the season.

And what are your thoughts on Havertz? Is he really that much of an upgrade to Mount and RLC to justify us spending almost 100M to get someone in their position? Is he that unique in the landscape of world football to be worth to possibly thwart the development of RLC and Mount?

I personally would buy Rice. Our midfield has been so poor as a cover to the defence ever since we sold Matic. Jorginho in particular has been so poor in that aspect. Kante as the DM kinda fixed it in the latter portion of the end of last season, but it has been an issue in the last few years. He would also be a great fit as a CB next to Thiago. I've heard rumours of an offer for him even after the Havertz deal, so maybe both will happen.

I guess Lampard and Cech really really rate Havertz, but I would rather spend 100M on Rice plus a GK tbh. I wonder if we can sale players and accrue money enough to allow us to get Havertz Rice and a GK.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:08 am

Katy Perry wrote:I wonder what's going on with Tomori. I personally thought he had a good season. We just went in a rut and started to struggle while conceding lots of goals (not necessarily tied to him) and then Lampard started rotating his defence, almost out of desperation and without a logic behind it, and eventually stuck to the one where we started to win games. But he did fell 4th choice and never recovered from that. So Lampard must have been really unimpressed with him in the training sessions, despite his stellar training performances being the reason he gained a place in the first XI in the first half of the season.
Honestly don't know, I don't think any of the fan base knows, and I don't think an explanation has been offered. One of the biggest disappointments of the season was not seeing him play more. I'd personally keep him and sell Christensen who I have not been imprerssed with. Tomori suits the EPL more than Christensen does and he could benefit from learning from Silva.

And what are your thoughts on Havertz? Is he really that much of an upgrade to Mount and RLC to justify us spending almost 100M to get someone in their position? Is he that unique in the landscape of world football to be worth to possibly thwart the development of RLC and Mount?
I like him a lot, I think Lampard wants versatility, something that Havertz offers. I honestly think we'll see him play more on the wings/attacking mid than in a CM position. We have too many options at CM and only Ziyech, Puli (injured) CHO and Werner/Mount as less desirable options. I think there will be opportunities for RLC and Mount but like all of our players, they'll need to perform to play.

I also think it's similar to when we signed Hazard, we already had Mata, Marin and Moses, plus we added Oscar. Just build that excellent depth up and let Frank sort out who plays.

I personally would buy Rice. Our midfield has been so poor as a cover to the defence ever since we sold Matic. Jorginho in particular has been so poor in that aspect. Kante as the DM kinda fixed it in the latter portion of the end of last season, but it has been an issue in the last few years. He would also be a great fit as a CB next to Thiago. I've heard rumours of an offer for him even after the Havertz deal, so maybe both will happen.

I guess Lampard and Cech really really rate Havertz, but I would rather spend 100M on Rice plus a GK tbh. I wonder if we can sale players and accrue money enough to allow us to get Havertz Rice and a GK.

I tend to agree, I'd take Rice over Havertz, but I think Chelsea know we won't have the opportunity to sign him again, while we can always get Rice next year. Additionally, the leader role has been filled by Silva for this season, so it's not such a high priority.

If we're spending 100m, we could always activate Oblak's release clause, that's what I'd do.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:24 pm

By the sounds of it, Ziyech, Silva, and Chilwell won't play this weekend.

So i'm guessing our team will look like this:
Kepa
Azpi Christensen/Zouma/Rudiger Alonso
Kante
Barkley Mount
Havertz Werner Pulisic

Can't pick the CB spots and think we could also see Tammy starting if Havertz is to play CM.

EDIT: Kova is suspended.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:10 pm

What would be your best/most suitable starting XI @Kick? I suppose most of the new signings would be starting!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:34 pm

mine would be:

Caballero
James --- T.Silva --- whoever is good enough --- Chilwell
Kante --- Mount/Kovavic
Havertz
Ziyech --- Werner --- Pulisic
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:27 pm

iftikhar wrote:What would be your best/most suitable starting XI @Kick? I suppose most of the new signings would be starting!!!

I imagine unless Mendy flops I imagine he'll start.

Mendy
Azpi Silva Zouma Chilwell
Kante Kova/Mount
Ziyech Havertz Pulisic
Werner

I think over time, we'll move Havertz back to a Right sided CM role next to Mount.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:27 pm

I think Kovacic really blossomed last season as shown by his club's POTY award, and his skillset fits best the new addition that we brought, and should start over Mount in a double pivot with Kante. However Lampard has shown that he wants a fluid tactical approach and doesn't rely on a rigid tactic, so I expect to see a lot of 4-3-3 mid-game or from the start according to the gameplan for the match.

And I agree that the 4-3-3 fits our squad better, especially after seeing Kante play the DM and the resurgence of Barkley towards the end of last season (he had a great impact as a sub against Brighton too), so I wouldn't be surprised if we gradually make it the primary tactic when the season progresses.

Last edited by Katy Perry on Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:56 pm

Kick wrote:
iftikhar wrote:What would be your best/most suitable starting XI @Kick? I suppose most of the new signings would be starting!!!

Mendy
Kante Kova/Mount
Ziyech Havertz Pulisic
Werner

I think over time, we'll move Havertz back to a Right sided CM role next to Mount.
In a 433!!!

Another thing. Haven't Chelsea recently played with three at the back! If so, how comfortable would Azp be in a back four!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:17 pm

iftikhar wrote:
Kick wrote:

Mendy
Kante Kova/Mount
Ziyech Havertz Pulisic
Werner

In a 433!!!

Another thing. Haven't Chelsea recently played with three at the back! If so, how comfortable would Azp be in a back four!

3ATB was a temporary solution when Kante was out to add some defensive presence and because Jorginho and Kovacic worked best together with a 2 men pivot. We had massive wins against Tottenham with it followed by mixed results. Wouldn't want us to revert to it during this season. I've felt like even in the games we won, we won despite of it and not thanks to it.

And Azpi has been very solid the last two season as a RB. Not the greatest kind of delivery into the box, but a constant presence down that side that still racked up a decent amount of assists. The biggest criticism he received for his 4ATB performances was when he was playing as a LB and not overlapping enough in the space that Hazard would vacate by drifting inside.

Also I have a feeling this will be Reece's breakout season though and that he will cement a first team spot.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:46 pm

ahhh yes a flat midfield 3 could actually work, just like Liverpool's. It would just be a matter of getting the combination right.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:31 am

I guess it's time for my yearly update in this thread.

We're like half way through the transfer window and yet to make any signings. So I guess this still counts.

We've already made about 50m in transfers and will likely have more coming, especially if Abraham leaves for a fee.

The squad is bloated at the moment but is still in need of reinforcements. Here is how it stands:

GK:
Mendy, Kepa, Cumming, Ziger

CB:
T. Silva, Rudiger, Azpi, Christensen, Zouma, Ampadu, Sarr, Miazga, Clarke-Salter

WB:
James, Chilwell, Alonso, Emerson, Sterling, Zappacosta, Rahman, Maatson

CM:
Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Chalobah, Bakayoko, Drinkwater, RLC, Gallagher, Baker

Wide FWD:
Mount, Havertz, CHO, Pulisic, Ziyech, Barkley, Anjorin, Kenedy, Musonda

CF:
Werner, Abraham, Broja, Batshuayi, Ugbo

While we've mostly been linked to a GK, CB, CM, RWB, and ST, I think the area's we need to focus on is CM and ST. Mendy is very capable, Kepa is too difficult to move on, our CB options are fine for now, and Reece James is a great RWB option. I think the third choice GK and the back up RWB spot can be filled by youth options. Ziger/Cumming can fill the GK along with Cech if needed and I personally think Dujon Sterling is in a prime position to be our back up to Reece. He's apparently impressed Tuchel and is in talks for a new deal.

That leaves CM and ST. These two spots are where we are most heavily linked. While we have options in the squad who could fill these roles (RLC, Chalobah, Ampadu, Gallagher, Bakayoko, or even Drinkwater Laughing for CM. Abraham, Broja, and Batshuayi for CF) I think spending big on these spots can really propel us forward.

Rice and tchouameni are the main targets for CM, and with Rice rejecting new contracts at West Ham, we should move for him before Utd do.

Our CF options are a lot more difficult, with strong links to Haaland, and Lukaku, and silly links to Lewandowski, and Kane. Haaland seems to be staying and Lukaku is more than likely staying. But with Inter's problems, I would test their resolve with a strong bid for Lukaku. We could certainly fund this with a sale of Abraham.

However, it becomes more difficult if we cannot get these guys, Ings and Kalajdzic have emerged as alternatives. I don't think either of these options are better than Abraham, and not worth pursuing. In my opinion it should be Haaland or Lukaku or bust.

In terms of departures: Willy, MVG, Tomori, Moses, Giroud, Guehi + others have left already, and I expect Ugbo, Bate, Livramento, Kenedy, Batshuayi, Musonda, Baker, RLC, Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Baker, Gallagher, Chalobah, Rahman, Sarr, Zappacosta, Ampadu, Emerson, and others to leave on loan or permanently. Additionally, I think we'll sell Abraham if we can bring in a top CF.

Ideally, this would leave the squad looking like this:
GK:
Mendy, Kepa, Cumming/Ziger

CB:
T. Silva, Rudiger, Azpi, Christensen, Zouma

WB:
James, Chilwell, Alonso, Sterling

CM:
Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Rice

Wide FWD:
Mount, Havertz, CHO, Pulisic, Ziyech

CF:
Werner, Lukaku, Broja

If we could manage this + renew the contracts of Christensen, Rudiger, Sterling, Kante, Silva and Azpi, we'll put ourselves in a great position for the season.

We'd then look something like this:

Mendy
Azpi Silva/Christensen Rudiger
James Kante/Rice Jorgi/Kova Chilwell
Havertz/CHO Lukaku/Werner Mount/Puli

Thumbs up
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:16 am

I know this isn't going to happen and we'll probably still sign Kounde, but I would much rather see us push for a CM and keep Chalobah around. He's ready.

From here on out, use Chalo and Azpi as our RCB options, Silva and Rudiger for CB and LCB with Christensen backing them up. Sign Kounde next season if we're still in the market for a CB.

One can dream.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:14 am

Lukaku done.

Zouma likely out and Kounde likely to join.

Saul a possibility?

This is a great summer for us.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:36 am

Kante is injured again.

Time to get a CM, I think. Can't rely on Jovacic for a full season.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:21 pm

How y'all winning games without a striker ffs
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:33 pm

Nishankly wrote:How y'all winning games without a striker ffs

We were winning games last season without a striker Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Feb 06, 2023 1:57 pm

Dick Sad
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3