The Demon of Carthage
The Madrid One
FennecFox7
Cyborg
Thimmy
27 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:26 am

so what makes you think we are muting coaches or not following their recommendation on players? i see 0 evidence of us outright not involving the coach in signings. So i dont really understand this concern.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by titosantill Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:40 am

because we have had coaches who have left and talked about what they coulda shoulda woulda done at madrid, but their requests went unanswered. i'm not going to go into detail because its something i've posted on multiple occasions. and mind you i don't respect coaches saying that once they have left, especially if they where busy playing school boy when their requests went unanswered

if lopetegui remains quiet and doesn't go into the "i wanted this or that spiel while i was at madrid", i would really have some respect for him. as i said before i've made numerous posts in detail about my point above and included links....this isn't the time to go through that again.

if come summer we do something crazy and bizarre like hire raul or guti then i'd be forced to go on that tirade again
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:34 am

titosantill wrote:pop had a say, so too pat riley when he was coaching the lakers and the knicks, and phil jackson, as a matter of fact, that's why bulls dumped on phil when they felt he was getting too much shine, so after mj left , phil left , they left it in the hands of jerry krause who hired a stooge college coach that was his friend and bulls sucked thereafter. how are the suns, cavs, and bulls doing? the coaches barely have any say. phil instead of coaching hired fisher to be his yes-man, how'd that go?

obviously you can't give 100 percent to your coach, but if you want to build a team, you can't expect your coach to just be mute. you own a bakery doesn't mean you're a good baker. the coach and technical director work together to get those players who can help the squad, management can focus on getting their galacticos is all i'm saying.

Pat Riley never had power to pull off his vision for the Lakers.

Neither did Phil.

Lakers was always about having stars under Jerry Buss. If any coach wanted to change that they'd be fired. Hell Magic and Kobe have gotten coaches fired on multiple occasions.

Pop said no to being a GM and gave it to RC Buford which led to their five latest titles.

It's not a good idea to have coaches also be head of personel. They will pick transfers, draft picks etc. because of emotion. It's much better to have someone who can see players from a distance.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:40 am

titosantill wrote:because we have had coaches who have left and talked about what they coulda shoulda woulda done at madrid, but their requests went unanswered. i'm not going to go into detail because its something i've posted on multiple occasions. and mind you i don't respect coaches saying that once they have left, especially if they where busy playing school boy when their requests went unanswered

if lopetegui remains quiet and doesn't go into the "i wanted this or that spiel while i was at madrid", i would really have some respect for him. as i said before i've made numerous posts in detail about my point above and included links....this isn't the time to go through that again.

if come summer we do something crazy and bizarre like hire raul or guti then i'd be forced to go on that tirade again
well, you have to go into details, saying we have had coaches asking for players is not enough, give examples.

Also, just because a coach feels very strongly about one player does that mean we absolutely must sign him even if it's unreasonable?

Like when Lopetegui wanted us to sign Rodrigo, was it reasonable to do as he asked and spend the 80 millions Valencia wanted. Rodrigo doesnt even have 5 goals in la liga this season.

Coaches make suggestions based on what they think their need will be. They will suggest maybe a 4th CB or a back up CF, maybe even name a target, but we are under no obligation to sign the exact player they asked for.

If the summer comes, and we are not signing an elite coach, Solari will stay in place because he is already earning credibility with the players in the squad.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:58 pm

@freeza , i'm not saying the coach should be doc rivers and become the tech director, there's a middle ground, the coach should work with a technical director and be able to say what he wants, he won't get it all the time, no coach does. pop has pull, he isn't just sitting there and saying give me what you got and we'll go. phill too, which is why kraus hated him and wanted that college coach. mgt can take care of the draft stuff or major stuff, but any self respecting coach wants a reasonable say. one can argue that many of the terrible franchises, in the nba feature more owners or directors just running things with no input

anyway we've exhausted this, for now, i guess its trust the process @ madrid. and we had a convincing win over the weekend . rodrigo example is an example of a coach not doing their homework. if he did want him, that only became an issue after we lost the uefa "super" cup, lope had all summer to make requests, after the "super" cup he got desperate.

its not like he came here saying he wants him, his tone in the summer was he loves the anthem and is very happy with the squad. but that's just my 2 cents on the situation
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:09 pm

Speaking of transfers, someone tell Hala his boy Morata is dead to me.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:10 pm

rofl

He was dead to me ever since he called Atleti his boyhood club
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:19 pm

Honestly, I forgive him. It really hasn't been easy for him. He was never a prolific goalscorer or elite (if we're being totally honest) but he had the courage to step out of the coziness at Madrid and go to uncharted territory for personal success.

Even at Atlético, I wish him all the best. The goals he scored for us during our title-winning campaign two years ago were vital to us lifting the trophy. I'll be forever grateful to him for that and I'll always consider him a son of the Bernabeu.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:49 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Honestly, I forgive him. It really hasn't been easy for him. He was never a prolific goalscorer or elite (if we're being totally honest) but he had the courage to step out of the coziness at Madrid and go to uncharted territory for personal success.

Even at Atlético, I wish him all the best. The goals he scored for us during our title-winning campaign two years ago were vital to us lifting the trophy. I'll be forever grateful to him for that and I'll always consider him a son of the Bernabeu.

I couldn't have said it better. It makes you wonder, though.. I really don't understand why he would keep pursuing a starting spot with such persistence, when evidently, he's never had the mentality to be a 90 minute player at the top level of football. Hell, he never proved through his stint at Chelsea that he's even cut out for this level of football. Can't remember the last time I witnessed a player with such a fragile self-esteem. Every time I saw him miss a great chance to score for Chelsea, his expression made it look like he had Mourinho sitting on his back.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:41 am

apparently the players organized a team dinner, and im looking for who is missing....

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 9 DyCL3oWX0AAHrVj

Is Bale taking the picture?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:32 am

bale is at the doctor's office, probably pulled a hamstring while walking to the table. looks like a cool versace shirt benzema's rocking
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:41 am

I wish Benzema had that much confidence on the pitch
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:20 am

I know Benzema's outfit is flashy but Vallejo's outfit stood out for me. It's so plain and boring that I can't help but admire it. He already plays like a teddy bear with a heart beat and now, he dresses like that wholesome guy you know at work.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:53 am

On a side note... I'm always going to be salty that a player like Zlatan changed so many clubs since 2009... yet never came to Madrid.

i mean even today I want Zlatan.

I miss the days where we had geniuses of football on Real Madrid. As great as Ronaldo is/was... he's more of machine.

I want to be inspired damn it.

Ok, my rant is over.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:18 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:apparently the players organized a team dinner, and im looking for who is missing....

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 9 DyCL3oWX0AAHrVj

Is Bale taking the picture?
kroos bale and keylor are missing

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:13 am

Feels like Ramos is coaching this team. Crisis meeting behind our upturn in form now organising a dinner to celebrate the upturn in form
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:51 am

Kroos has been shat this season. last game he was our worst player. he continues like this he will be benched by Ceballos.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:02 pm

De Thomas balling for Rayo. Beat Alaves who haven't lost at home. 10 goals this season despite being at RM for tbe first 3 games
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:41 pm

Mamad wrote:Kroos has been shat this season. last game he was our worst player. he continues like this he will be benched by Ceballos.

Really? I thought Casemiro was our worst player in the last game. Hardly did anything right, should've gotten a yellow card, looked out of depth and unnecessarily gave away possession with poor passes. Kroos has definitely not been one of our worst players since the start of the season, but I agree that he had a poor game.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:40 pm

Yeah, I too saw Kroos having a fine match. Casemiro was the one that really didn't handle it well but he takes long to get into gear.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:54 pm

I actually thought Kroos was pretty good on both ends. He dispossessed everyone who came at him and also passed the ball quickly .
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:56 pm

I think Kroos was lively, but seemed to lose focus at times. He’s usually more solid in possession. He definitely didn’t stand out as one of our worst players on the night, from what I could tell.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:22 pm

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 9 Julien-Faubert

This is the 10 year anniversary of signing the goat himself, the mysterious, Julien Faubert. played total of 52 minutes for us.

despite that, he is fondly remembered for falling asleep on the bench against Villarreal on one occasion.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:29 am

Mamad wrote:Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 9 Julien-Faubert

This is the 10 year anniversary of signing the goat himself, the mysterious, Julien Faubert. played total of 52 minutes for us.

despite that, he is fondly remembered for falling asleep on the bench against Villarreal on one occasion.

Not forgetting the time where he complained about his lack of game time, only to be reminded that he was, at the time, injured

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:11 pm

Icardi is such a spectacularly meh striker lmao. Damn glad we did not spend a time signing a scrub ass poacher
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:15 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Icardi is such a spectacularly meh striker lmao. Damn glad we did not spend a time signing a scrub ass poacher

What has he done now? I missed their last game because I was eating out with my girlfriend.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next