The Demon of Carthage
The Madrid One
FennecFox7
Cyborg
Thimmy
27 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 6 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by titosantill Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:19 am

the case for mourinho;
he'll rock the boat, his arrival will see the automatic departure of a lot of dead weight. the last time he came, there wasn't even any debate or any speculation guti raul metzelder salgado, all those old players (i think cannavaro left the year before, not sure), just exited stage left. it will be the same this time, some of the dead weight i expect will start making arrangements with their agents to find new clubs

he is a pundit now, so he's watching games and will have a list of players who are good but probably not on flo's radar that we can get, and he values depth (Which is something i value a lot, especially in this era). he does his homework, he won't come in here and settle for a squad that isn't good

case against mou;
he's a cancer, in his third season things get in disarray, and he overdoes things from a tactical standpoint especially on defense, even when playing against crap teams. i feel we can survive him for said 3 seasons, he can help build a new squad for us and when he starts his crap in the 3rd season we can out him, but at least we'd have the revolution we need.

capello and mourinho are extremely similar; their football isn't pretty, they love patting themselves on the back, and throwing players under the bus (capello though has no problems admitting when he gets it wrong), but for a complete shake up, their ruthlessness may be needed

unless you're all cool with having another yes-man coach who will do as uncle flo says and allow ramos dictate how things are to be done.....remember one time cristiano let ramos take a pk and mourinho damn near lost his mind on the touch line. i'm cool with other coaches, but i'm fervently against another yes-man

titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 6 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by futbol_bill Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:33 am

I present another scenario, which is Flo’s reign is tenuous at best! His last 5 years is very much appreciated, but DoC is not the only one pointing out what a dreadful situation, he has put us in this year. This summer’s activity will very much determine how much longer Flo can hang on. And that includes his choice of coach. If he does bring in that scumbag, that alone will be grounds for an anti Flo movement.

Tito, Mourinho is the only coach that came in and had a significant say. So if you want to call all the rest yes man, then I suppose that is what you will get. Mourinho doesn’t have the credibity he had last time around. You can’t even claim he is a two year wonder after his latest fiasco. You say he does his homework! How did that work out at Man U?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:40 am

To get this out the way, I was honestly having a giggle with the hating you or Hans stuff. Wasn't serious.

That being said, I have to say your "case for mou" has one issue that makes it hard to believe: the man just isn't a good manager anymore (these days).

When we hired him, we just came off yet another trophy less season (KO'd by Alpopcorn, KO'd by French fraudsters Lyon and finished 3 points behind Barcelona which could have been 30 for all I care). Jose just came off a treble with Inter so his bargaining power was huge. What is his bargaining power nowadays? The treble of sadness (Europa, Community Shield and League Cup)? A treble of sackings (Madrid, Chelsea and Utd)? I cannot see how he is gonna tell Perez and co what he wants when they'll easily point out you got what you want at Chelsea* and Utd and still manage to fuck it up.

That's what bothers me the most about Jose. His toxicity and cancerous behaviour is one thing but from just the basics of being a manager at that level, he fails at. Madrid cannot afford a manager who fails at the basics. The club really can't. And I just do not see what Jose would bring to the club nor do I see Perez and co giving him the same freedom to change.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:00 am

and those are very valid points; we cannot pretend that the his last seasons at chelsea (the first and second stints) didn't happen; we cannot ignore the terrible years at united, nor the last year with us. i'm not saying mourinho is the best there is, that's just ludicrous. but i've noticed the fear of his return, and i'm just more open minded to it than most. its a simple case of me going with the devil i know over the angel i don't....i just at all costs don't want another "i am very happy with my squad" coach, when the squad isn't up to par
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:44 pm

So we signed Militao? Hazard is 90% happening also.

now another 400 million for Pogba and Mbappe and we are set for next season cheers
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:51 pm

What's Pogba supposed to do here? Midfields never been our problem

I am finding myself warming up to Hazard more and more. And get Cavani for the CF position and someone for the RW. Basically a whole new frontline
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:15 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:I am finding myself warming up to Hazard more and more. And get Cavani for the CF position and someone for the RW. Basically a whole new frontline

Same, not his fault Sarri keeps trying to make a no. 9 outta him.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:50 pm

Not signing De Ligt is a huge miss, I just pray Barca don’t go and get him.

Also we are surely going to have a non-EU issue, right? I don’t know the status of all of these but: Vinicius, Rodrygo, Fede, Militao, potentially Bale if brexit.

I think Marcelo got his passport, and potentially Casemiro, but what about James or Mariano.

I don’t think we’ve ever had this many non-EU players in the squad.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:57 pm

I hope the time has finally come for Bale to leave to be honest, it's been long overdue. He had a chance this season to put the team on his back, he failed, OUT.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:08 am

I would love Bale to go as well, but at this point what would anyone pay for him, and the better question is who would want him? Would anyone be able to match Perez's valuation of Bale?

Also, if anyone has an answer about the non-EU issue that would be much appreciated.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:16 am

Woodward Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:21 am

Deez, all of Marcelo, Casemiro and Navas are not considered imports any longer, and I also think Fede, although I’m not too certain about that. Earlier in year, Vinicius was reportedly our only one.

Note, there were two other SA kids that we were rumoured to be getting as well.

I’m with Nick thinking there is no way Bale is back.

In my opinion, we are likely see Benz, Bale, Asensio and regretably (IMO) Isco to be gone. Backup spots being Vinicius, Rodrygo and Brahim, with entire new front three. If they decide to give Benz another year, as backup, they may make Rodrygo or Brahim as 24th player, like Vinicius started off this season.

Bale is obvious, and him leaving before game ended a couple of weeks ago plus continual injuries has sort of sealed it. Asensio had his opportunity and blew it. Isco, he just doesn’t fit any longer and no guarantee situation would change with new coach.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:24 am

And re James, I don’t think he comes back, assuming they do get 3 new forwards, plus he will be like Isco, looking for a non existent role and he will cause an import issue.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:30 am

vanDEEZ wrote:I would love Bale to go as well, but at this point what would anyone pay for him, and the better question is who would want him? Would anyone be able to match Perez's valuation of Bale?

Also, if anyone has an answer about the non-EU issue that would be much appreciated.
the Brexit thing becomes an issue if the UK dont reach a deal with the EU. British people like Bale will need a work permit, so that will make him a non-EU player i think.

SO yes it's a problem which main man Woodward will fix Proud

For the current squad players, Casemiro should have applied last year so im assuming he is not an issue.

In the current squad i believe only Fede is non EU, Vinicius is technically registered with Castilla. We will likely use the same trick with Rodrygo so that he doesnt count in the first team quota. this gives us some flexibility

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:51 am

I appreciate the response, couldn't find a straight answer anywhere online. Makes sense, but the more gymnastics we have to do to get around the non-EU rule, the harder it will be. I'd rather not be near the limit.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:46 am

I don't think Bale will need a work permit after Brexit (no deal). I remember when this whole Brexit thing started, many in the UK were scared that they'd need a work permit to continue working in the UK but May had said that those who came in when there was free movement were free to stay and the new Visa rules would not apply to them. And there's talks that EU are willing to extend negotiations for another year anyways
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:02 am

halamadrid2 wrote:What's Pogba supposed to do here? Midfields never been our problem

To replace Modric.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:21 pm

He is faaar faar down the list of potential Modric replacements
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:49 pm

Also, Utd would not be selling him. Doubt they'll even entertain the idea or the bid.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:30 pm

Doc wrote:Also, Utd would not be selling him. Doubt they'll even entertain the idea or the bid.
exactly.

If Modric recovers his fitness, is there any reason to let him go at the end of the day?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:17 pm

You want to keep believing we can use these over 30 players until they drop, Nick?

I say it’s a forgone conclusion that Eriksen is coming to replace Modric!

If you look at midfield, I don’t see Kroos or Casemiro leaving plus Llorente and Ceballos have shown enough to stay, and Valverde is not far off that as well. Only doubt is these SA kids rumoured to be signed. So it terms of rebuilding, I can see all 5 remaining with the Eriksen for Modric change.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:20 pm

Let's wait for Marcelo and Bale to recover their fitness, as well. They'll be as good as new Very Happy
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:49 pm

Spurs lose on penalties. Annnnnd another trophy goes begging for the second coming of jesus..............

Not even good enough to coach Sevilla. He should stay in England in an environment where he is praised for things like group stage trophies and a few wins against top 4 teams. RM will be too big for a mental midget like him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:15 am

There is a reason he is probably the most sought after manager, if you can't see that, then you just don't watch enough football. There is no other explanation for your chad-like obsessiveness every time Poch loses.

Didn't you say you wanted Raul to manage RM or something? Lol.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:17 am

@Deez no concerns over his lack of competitiveness in cups?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:21 am

Anyways, in real transfer rumor news, with this whole Monaco catastrophe it would be nice to get some discount players on account of a possible fire-sale. Wouldn't mind Tielemans, Henrichs, or Pellegri.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next