Firenze
Kaladin
iftikhar
Collblanc
40 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Who will progress?

Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 11 Vote_lcap63%Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 11 Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 10 ]
Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 11 Vote_lcap37%Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 11 Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 16

Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 11 Empty Re: Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:39 am

Tbf we were fine until Henderson got injured

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 11 Empty Re: Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich

Post by Doc Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:41 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Tbf we were fine until Henderson got injured

Honest question: how was the general mood of the fans after the loss (besides the obvious shit feeling of a defeat/ko)?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:43 am

really bad
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:44 am

btw I wasn't in the stadium if that's what you think, I don't live in Munich
I was in a pub

but the general feeling is really, really bad. But not suprised.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:45 am

Yeah, I think it's time for those two old ass men to actually open up that check book properly now. And also fire Kovac, this long ball to Lewa strategy was horrid.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:51 am

Yeah.

Our coach is shit, and also our squad is shit. That's the truth.

But it's not just a matter of not spending enough (we didn't), but we also spent badly.
We wasted ~80 million on subpar players in Sanches and Tolisso, another 30m if we consider Coman subpar which ultimately he is proving to be be at his injury rate.
(Makes no sense to beat the dead horse on Gnabry as he was like 7m €.)
That's not peanuts. That's loads of money spent badly. We've simply not done a good job recently.

Then add to that a scrub like Kovac who also deteriorated the remaining top players we have..
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:56 am

The maddening thing is, Liverpool were terrible themselves. They've been a shit team all season and I don't think they'll win a flower pot

Game was of such poor quality compared for example to Juve yesterday
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:08 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:The maddening thing is, Liverpool were terrible themselves. They've been a shit team all season and I don't think they'll win a flower pot

stay salty Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:10 am

Sadly he is right.

Not in the position to comment further on Bayern given I do not follow them on a regular basis (as of now due to Kovac) but we did not play well at all.

I get criticised by fellow LFC fans for panning our general play this season but for months now we've been poor and rather carried away by the performances of our frontline in which bar Mane, the rest have been nowhere near what we expect of them, Salah included who has performed very little in big games and I will maintain this steadily until that changes.

I will not even speak of our midfield or our midfield play to which has close to zero creativity or any sort of guile whatsoever and our complete lack of X-factor is so obvious that on our bad days (it gets really bad on such days) the only thing going for the team is the consistency of the fullbacks (Alexander-Arnold and Robertson have been my favourite pair as of late) and VvD have only been a recollection in my team to provide our attack with more than they usually would if not for the freedom of the half-backs roaming forward and their ability to reproduce their tactical output each week.

That is why this win to which has 10 Champions League between them had none of the atmosphere per say, none of the class, nothing special in particular tactically and just felt stale even from the beginning. Despite the quality of our win it was a mere expectation in my head to go through this Bayern and serious improvements are needed if we are to go deep into the latter stages of footballs best competition (by far).
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:57 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:The maddening thing is, Liverpool were terrible themselves. They've been a shit team all season and I don't think they'll win a flower pot

We weren't a shit team all season. We were pretty good till February. Since then we have stagnated and sputtered, but that's due to accumulated fatigue and lack of depth in key areas.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:58 am

Exactly! As soon as Fabihno came,we had a bit more control on the game compared to when Henderson and that nullified Bayern's press a bit. It also allowed more freedom to FBs and CBs to pick out the right passes.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:23 am

I dont understand this beggars mentality from other fans that they should get an easy draw. I dont really care about fatigue or anything, we should get as tough team as possible. Either the club will learn to have enough quality squad depth when we crash out or we will ride on our luck and pure force of will to survive in both CL and EPL.

Bring on the toughest team possible left in the competition. "No one gets rid of so easily"

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:25 am

Cool, so Bayern will have an overhaul? Can we have Thiago back? Razz

Seriously though, Bayern is still pretty stacked, pretty sure they will just strengthen a bit as usual and hire a new manager who can bring out their best again.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:26 am

Cool, so Bayern will have an overhaul? Can we have Thiago back? Razz

Seriously though, Bayern is still pretty stacked, pretty sure they will just strengthen a bit as usual and hire a new manager who can bring out their best again.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:18 am

Round of 16 - Liverpool vs Bayern Munich - Page 11 98c4aa10
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:57 pm

Man, we have spent some smart money on Alisson, VVD, Fabinho. The Mane and Salah fees are looking like bargains at this point.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:09 pm

Too early to determine that tbh, both teams look laboured as hell most of the game but Bayern were shockingly bad to me.

No urgency, no pace in their passing at all. The plan looked basically to give the ball to Ribery and hope he does something Laughing

Also can i just say i find the Van Dijk praise hilarious, he literally had nothing to do all night long. Every Bayern attack was stopped long before he was even involved.

He could of pulled out a deck chair and ordered a Beer with how irrelevant Bayern's attack was.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:14 pm

My goodwill and sympathy towards and with Liverpool ends here and now.

29 years and counting you fools.

Will next year be your year?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:16 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:My goodwill and sympathy towards and with Liverpool ends here and now.

That wasn't part of the deal hmm

We won fair and square
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:53 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:My goodwill and sympathy towards and with Liverpool ends here and now.

rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:53 pm

rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Too early to determine that tbh, both teams look laboured as hell most of the game but Bayern were shockingly bad to me.

No urgency, no pace in their passing at all. The plan looked basically to give the ball to Ribery and hope he does something Laughing

Also can i just say i find the Van Dijk praise hilarious, he literally had nothing to do all night long. Every Bayern attack was stopped long before he was even involved.

He could of pulled out a deck chair and ordered a Beer with how irrelevant Bayern's attack was.
thats why he was getting goals and assists. cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:43 pm

eco smile

@Helmer please take Hans to a bar, would you. It's on the house.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:48 pm

not sure if Hans can be fun outside of this forum hmm
but to get him on our side, I am ready to risk it!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveSlug Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:34 pm

People can put our performance down all you want but that's just nonsense. Bayern may not be the powerhouse they once were but they still have some very talented players and winners in the team and on the pitch they were mainly put to the sword by Liverpool. We stopped their passing, crossing, kept them back to long shots, rushed them to play quicker from the back. Just because we aren't gung-ho doesn't mean we did not play well, we played very well and deserved to get through that tie.
LoveSlug
LoveSlug
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11