Cruijf
Socur Toxanarosa
Doc
Hapless_Hans
Valkyrja
58 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Thimmy Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:22 pm

Freeza wrote:
http://www.goallegacy.net/t41704p50-cristiano-ronaldo-rape-allegation-and-general-denunciation-thread#1900907

I actually wrote that with the "conservative word joke" in mind. Honestly, though, it's when you make a big deal out of me mentioning your name, that it becomes tempting to mention your name. I'll stop doing it, for the sake of peace.

Nick has yet to reply to any of those posts, but I see he's working hard on thumbing up yours hmm

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo rape allegation and general denunciation thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:28 pm

I had a similar situation with @Thimmy a while back, where I felt he was being obnoxious towards me for no discernible reason and then at some point I decided to snap back.
I guess he had some reason I was not aware of, and also I think he was much less serious about the whole thing than I understood. He was really just teasing.
Once I realized that, I wasn't bothered anymore at all. So the solution is easy, cool things down and take posts more lightly.

In German, we ask the question "Suchst du Streit oder Anschluss?" if someone is behaving somewhat obnoxiously, meaning "Are you looking for a fight or for connection?".

Ultimately, most of us are here for connection and not for fights.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:30 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Freeza wrote:
http://www.goallegacy.net/t41704p50-cristiano-ronaldo-rape-allegation-and-general-denunciation-thread#1900907

I actually wrote that with the "conservative word joke" in mind. Honestly, though, it's when you make a big deal out of me mentioning your name, that it becomes tempting to mention your name. I'll stop doing it, for the sake of peace.

Nick has yet to reply to any of those posts, but I see he's working hard on thumbing up yours hmm

I’ve just never been shy to resolve a conflict. It’s something I’ve had to do for survival really. So I’d just like to change something that bothered you, so we could make this a more pleasant place to engage in discussion.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:40 pm

Freeza, what happened to the people close to you is a heinous thing and I hope the perpetrators will one day pay for their crimes tenfold. I'm sure whether we're aware of it or not, we all technically have friends, relatives and sometimes even siblings who, at some point, were victims of rape. It's a horrific thing to endure and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

However, what you need to keep in mind is that you should never, ever let emotions cloud your judgment. By doing so, you'll inevitably become oversensitive and unfair to whoever is accused of such a heinous crime without proof and before even justice is carried out.

It is because of that hypersensitivity that we now have people saying terrible things like "Believe all women" which is simply a fascist, man-hating, sexist thing to say.

People forget that injustice hits both sides of the spectrum. And just like there are many cases where true rapists don't get convicted, there are innocent men out there who got their lives destroyed for crimes they didn't commit.

So what do we do? Believe all women without proof? Believe all men without proof? No, absolutely not. What we need to do is to always, always wait for justice to give its verdict and don't believe anybody, man or woman, without proof.

BTW, I'm not talking about Ronaldo here. I'm talking in general. I have noticed that many people lose their mind every time a woman accuses a man of rape and don't even have the decency nor fairness to wait for damning proof first before burning him alive. That's terribly unfair and outrageous to me.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:10 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Freeza, what happened to the people close to you is a heinous thing and I hope the perpetrators will one day pay for their crimes tenfold. I'm sure whether we're aware of it or not, we all technically have friends, relatives and sometimes even siblings who, at some point, were victims of rape. It's a horrific thing to endure and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

However, what you need to keep in mind is that you should never, ever let emotions cloud your judgment. By doing so, you'll inevitably become oversensitive and unfair to whoever is accused of such a heinous crime without proof and before even justice is carried out.

It is because of that hypersensitivity that we now have people saying terrible things like "Believe all women" which is simply a fascist, man-hating, sexist thing to say.

People forget that injustice hits both sides of the spectrum. And just like there are many cases where true rapists don't get convicted, there are innocent men out there who got their lives destroyed for crimes they didn't commit.

So what do we do? Believe all women without proof? Believe all men without proof? No, absolutely not. What we need to do is to always, always wait for justice to give its verdict and don't believe anybody, man or woman, without proof.

BTW, I'm not talking about Ronaldo here. I'm talking in general. I have noticed that many people lose their mind every time a woman accuses a man of rape and don't even have the decency nor fairness to wait for damning proof first before burning him alive. That's terribly unfair and outrageous to me.

That is not a general sentiment appreciated here and the ones who do make the side who are against false-rape accusations, just look bad with circular reasoning and bad cherrypicking.

Truth is many do want him convicted either out of the sensational news it would provide but also have the same mentality that remains 'believe all women' despite the countless false-rape accusations that have decimated lives of many men.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:18 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I had a similar situation with @Thimmy a while back, where I felt he was being obnoxious towards me for no discernible reason and then at some point I decided to snap back.
I guess he had some reason I was not aware of, and also I think he was much less serious about the whole thing than I understood. He was really just teasing.
Once I realized that, I wasn't bothered anymore at all. So the solution is easy, cool things down and take posts more lightly.

In German, we ask the question "Suchst du Streit oder Anschluss?" if someone is behaving somewhat obnoxiously, meaning "Are you looking for a fight or for connection?".

Ultimately, most of us are here for connection and not for fights.

I remember that. I don't remember exactly what it was about, but if I recall correctly my issue with it was that I misinterpreted the intention of a couple of your posts. You successfully trolled me when I was genuinely trying to get somewhere with a few different discussions, so I decided to get back at you Razz It's not that different from what I've been doing to Freeza in this thread, only I think I've made it clear in the instigative posts that I'm going off-topic. From a neutral standpoint, I simply find humor in people swaying far to either side of a topic like this.

I want the guilty to be punished as much as anyone else. Part of me even wants to see CR to get punished, since from my perspective, he's the one who looks like the A-hole in all of this. Part of me always seems to sympathize with the woman in contexts like these. From what I can tell, the general opinion seems to be that CR just looks like the typical, rich, douchebag who'll exploit corruption in the legal system to get away with it, although some opinions on here claim that people never side with the women.

I just don't think there's any point in jumping to conclusions based on preconceived notions. As unlikeable as people may think he is, no one deserves to be wrongfully convicted for rape, or convicted for it when rape wasn't the intention. I don't think we, the spectators, have any idea who's actually in the wrong. Those leaked recordings may have been fabricated, for all we know, and yet a lot of people seem to think the case should be settled already, purely based on that piece of evidence.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:32 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Freeza, what happened to the people close to you is a heinous thing and I hope the perpetrators will one day pay for their crimes tenfold. I'm sure whether we're aware of it or not, we all technically have friends, relatives and sometimes even siblings who, at some point, were victims of rape. It's a horrific thing to endure and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

I also think the opposite happens a lot of times.
A lot of times in these rape cases women aren’t believed they’re deemed too emotional, too promiscuous or too untrustworthy in general.

I think rape has a whole stigma around who to believe.
In this case the women did provide a rape kit as far as the article states.

When someone reports other crimes there isn’t the same kind of scrutiny against the one reporting it. You don’t see police and the public questioning someone saying they got robbed or assaulted in the same way. There’s something about rape that makes men get defensive because we can easily imagine this happening to us.

There’s definitely gray areas to this whole discussion. I think as in most crimes investigations and should be treated as victims are telling the truth without being questioned in this regard.  

I don’t see how it’s a man hating thing at all. Only if the same wouldn’t be deemed appropriate in this case.

In the case of reddit I think it’s telling how so many people were inclined to believe Terry Crews had been sexually violated, but then when a women comes forward there’s way more scrutiny. When they should be treated the same.

I don’t even think I’ve commented on anything else than the evidence in this thread and on the Kobe comment, which was never proven to be either true or false.

Also regarding women facing scrutiny and not being believed we need look no further than Blakey Ford who came out against judge Kavanaugh. She’s had to move address four times since speaking out against him and use money on protection against people sending her death threats. She then received a gofundme donation from people which she donated to an organisation to support the victims or sexual violence.

I agree the conviction mentality in the public can be too much, but I’m disgusted by people who act this way towards people speaking out against this stuff.

You’re not supposed to blindly believe all women. But when arguments like “she’s only doing it to gain money/fame” etc happens I’m disgusted. There’s never really a reason to lie about that.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:42 pm

Freeza wrote:

You’re not supposed to blindly believe all women. But when arguments like “she’s only doing it to gain money/fame” etc happens I’m disgusted. There’s never really a reason to lie about that.

There’s always going to be comments like that, just like people aren’t hesitant to insinuate that he did it because he thought he could use his money and power to get away with it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:52 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Freeza wrote:
Respond to what exactly?

Respond to what exactly?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:02 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Respond to what exactly?

Nothing worth responding to.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:05 pm

Freeza wrote:

Umm..what?

There is a reason to lie about that and countless of women do it, to pretend they don't is ignorantly altruistic. Really, just recently Drake got accused of rape link, and he managed to win the lawsuit over her.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:36 pm

Well actually this lady took money from Ronaldo from what I understand. She got £287,000.

When money exchanges hands, then I start wondering...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:29 pm

She also claims she was given bad legal counsel. Anyways, I don't think we as fans care much about what settlement the final dispute gets between her and CR but whether CR did what he is being accused of or not. And it definitely looks like he did, by his own admission.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:28 pm

Kaladin wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Umm..what?

There is a reason to lie about that and countless of women do it, to pretend they don't is ignorantly altruistic. Really, just recently Drake got accused of rape link, and he managed to win the lawsuit over her.

A shit ton of celebrities have been accused of rape, sexual harrasment and some type of sexual misconduct, over the past couple of years. Many have lost their jobs or had their entire careers ruined, even if it was later proven that the accuser either exaggerated or fabricated their entire story. Simply being associated with rape, can be enough to end certain careers. Rape accusations based on miscommunication during sex, has also become more common than ever before. Just recently, Aziz Anzari was accused of rape after the woman he had sex with on a date, had taken some time to reflect on how they got to the part where they had sex. Taylor Swift accused a radio show host of holding his hand inappropriately on her back when he and his wife were taking photos with her. His own wife never doubted his innocence, but he lost his job as a result.

A woman claimed that Justin Bieber was the father of her child. She garnered massive sympathy, presumably because a lot of people don't like Bieber. The sympathy lasted until the actual father of the child decided to come clean and reveal her private text messages to the public. She wanted to extort Bieber for money. These are just off the top of my head.

I'm obviously not saying that all women who make these accusations are con artists. Clearly not. But many of them are, and it's never been more socially accepted to come out with these accusations. Social media encourages it, and it's a platform that can be used to make life very difficult for the people who are targeted, regardless of whether or not they're actually guilty of it. I don't think it's ethical to whimsically declare that someone is guilty before the evidence has even been processed properly. We may not directly affect what happens to the individuals involved through our discourse on this forum, but social media is a tool that can, and is used for doing so.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:33 pm

sportsczy wrote:Well actually this lady took money from Ronaldo from what I understand. She got £287,000.

When money exchanges hands, then I start wondering...

You can't overlook this. I'm all for pulling the pitchforks out but the money aspect and her walking back to the club WITH him..
There are also multiple ways to interpret those articles. Keep in mind that his first language is portuguese and his english or any translation may be different from what is intended to be said
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:34 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:She also claims she was given bad legal counsel. Anyways, I don't think we as fans care much about what settlement the final dispute gets between her and CR but whether CR did what he is being accused of or not. And it definitely looks like he did, by his own admission.

I'll let the law decide that.  But once you accept payment to keep quiet, you've pretty much sold yourself imo.  I understand getting paid as part of a civil suit in addition to the criminal side... totally normal there.  But both sides have to bear the consequences of their decisions; not just one.  She made a decision here too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:09 pm

@Thimmy

Regarding the Aziz Ansari thing, when it was mentioned on here I was one of the first to express the bullshit of that accusation. Because I read the letter and her “evidence” before passing any judgment.

I think Aziz and her we’re both at fault in that whole ideal. They never had sex though. He tried eat eating her out, finger her etc. for thirty minutes while she pushed him away at last he stopped and they watched TV rest of the night.

He’s guilty. Not of rape, but being a creep. That whole situation was also handled wrong by whoever chose to publish that letter with that angle. Seemed like a weird spin on it.

Also don’t know if they that was done for fame as the woman used anonymity in her article. Probably just had a shit experience and wanted to change the way some people act on dates.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:12 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Taylor Swift accused a radio show host of holding his hand inappropriately on her back when he and his wife were taking photos with her. His own wife never doubted his innocence, but he lost his job as a result.

A woman claimed that Justin Bieber was the father of her child. She garnered massive sympathy, presumably because a lot of people don't like Bieber. The sympathy lasted until the actual father of the child decided to come clean and reveal her private text messages to the public. She wanted to extort Bieber for money. These are just off the top of my head.

Tailor Swift won her civil lawsuit against the DJ she accused of groping her. And the accusation was he groped her butt, not her back.

I don't know what the Bieber thing has to do with false rape allegations. That's extortion. Stupid extortion at that since he could just get a DNA test.

The Aziz thing was messed up. It sounded like he acted like an asshole, not sexual assault. There was a lot of backlash against the girl, IIRC.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:16 pm

elitedam wrote:
Thimmy wrote:
Taylor Swift accused a radio show host of holding his hand inappropriately on her back when he and his wife were taking photos with her. His own wife never doubted his innocence, but he lost his job as a result.

Tailor Swift won her civil lawsuit against the DJ she accused of groping her. And the accusation was he groped her butt, not her back.

I don't know what the Bieber thing has to do with false rape allegations. That's extortion. Stupid extortion at that since he could just get a DNA test.

The Aziz thing was messed up. It sounded like he acted like an asshole, not sexual assault. There was a lot of backlash against the girl, IIRC.

There was a lot of backlash against that woman. Which was fully deserved. The writer also didn’t do her any favours and all, totally mishandled discourse.

Also seems like Thimmy hasn’t fully researched that case as they didn’t have sex.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:20 pm

sportsczy wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:She also claims she was given bad legal counsel. Anyways, I don't think we as fans care much about what settlement the final dispute gets between her and CR but whether CR did what he is being accused of or not. And it definitely looks like he did, by his own admission.

I'll let the law decide that.  But once you accept payment to keep quiet, you've pretty much sold yourself imo.  I understand getting paid as part of a civil suit in addition to the criminal side... totally normal there.  But both sides have to bear the consequences of their decisions; not just one.  She made a decision here too.

But a lot of what has come out may not be admissible in court, not to mention that he was never criminally investigated when it happened. Letting "the law decide" when there has not been due process and when we pretty much have a confession is the wrong move, IMO. He has lost the benefit of the doubt.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:40 pm

Just flicking through some of the posts in this thread and I have to ask how much or a pussy do you have to be to go crying to admin asking them to delete your account because someone called you out on a Internet forum. Sometimes I wonder how people can get by in real life when they can’t handle a bit of stick on the Internet. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:43 pm

Unique wrote:Just flicking through some of the posts in this thread and I have to ask how much or a pussy do you have to be to go crying to admin asking them to delete your account because someone called you out on a Internet forum. Sometimes I wonder how people can get by in real life when they can’t handle a bit of stick on the Internet. Laughing

It’s not that I can’t handle it. It’s just that I found I could spend my time better than engage in a lot of shit going on here. Deleting would be an easy way to avoid the FOMO humans build up after a while, which makes it hard to avoid this stuff, when you’ve still got an account.

But yeah. You just keep on being the great human being you are.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:50 pm

Freeza wrote:
Unique wrote:Just flicking through some of the posts in this thread and I have to ask how much or a pussy do you have to be to go crying to admin asking them to delete your account because someone called you out on a Internet forum. Sometimes I wonder how people can get by in real life when they can’t handle a bit of stick on the Internet. Laughing

It’s not that I can’t handle it. It’s just that I found I could spend my time better than engage in a lot of shit going on here. Deleting would be an easy way to avoid the FOMO humans build up after a while, which makes it hard to avoid this stuff, when you’ve still got an account.

and you keep on running back to RG playing the victim. Htg I know women that could teach you how to man up a bit.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:53 pm

Unique wrote:
Freeza wrote:

and you keep on running back to RG playing the victim. Htg I know women that could teach you how to man up a bit.

Wow, you really hit the nail on the head there. Such an intelligent respons once again. I'm surprised you're not giving out lectures on this stuff.

Continually making thoughtful responses to your post to try and have a discussion and then being returned with this absolutely idiotic drivel is a much cherished experience for me.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:01 am

Freeza wrote:
Unique wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Wow, you really hit the nail on the head there. Such an intelligent respons once again. I'm surprised you're not giving out lectures on this stuff.

Continually making thoughtful responses to your post to try and have a discussion and then being returned with this absolutely idiotic drivel is a much cherished experience for me.
honest question here have you been bullied throughout your life.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:06 am

I don't think you've ever asked an honest question in your life.

I've been more open than most on here with people, and consider a lot of the old guard like a cyber-family.

So what's your reasoning behind this question? Not going to be arsed sharing anything personal with you when you're continuously responding in that fashion.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next