Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Vs Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal Vs Everton

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:52 pm

It feels like Emery more or less always puts him in the centre in 2nd half. It might not be a surprise our peformances have been great in the 2nd half compared to 1st. Not sure there is positional data backing up though.

But despite that, it's not as much he is being used as he is very very off form. It's mostly a mental thing i think.

I can't remember ever seeing Ozil take more touches. Hesitate before passing. miscalculate weight of passes.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:30 pm

It's as I was saying yesterday: it has to be one of Ramsey or Ozil, not both. And one has less than a year to run on his contract...

Ozil is going to slow down. He's getting older, and as he loses stamina there'll be even more games he'll fade away from. I get that he's not the high intensity no. 10 Emery likes.

But then again, who else in this squad can match him for passing? Certainly nobody who typically plays in attacking midfield. The team will look a lot better with Ozil as our "enganche" than with Ramsey doing whatever the hell he's trying to do.

It's just more evidence of how bad our squad balance is, really. Ozil can only play one position and it's arguably the most problematic position on the field (most top teams play 3 CMs these days for better pressing coverage), and Ramsey is such an average passer these days that you couldn't justify playing him where XHAKA is. XHAKA, meanwhile, is good at one thing and one thing only. Laughing

More and more, I'm not opposed to Ramsey leaving. I thought he could adapt to a different role for the sake of the team, but it's looking unlikely so far. He's not worth bending our team out of shape for.

On the other hand, it also might be time to move Ozil on soon as well, but that's a whole new debate.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:18 pm

with torreria i have seen marked improvement in XHAKA game. he is moving freely and creating space for himself much better than before. It feels like the pressure has been taken of XHAKA. XHAKA is at his best at moving the ball and that is good for arsenal. however, the problem is with 3rd midfielder i,e ozil and ramsey are both not doing their defensive duties. Arsenal need a player who can come back to assist torreria and XHAKA and attack when needed. If ramsey can somehow manage to do this. it would be a perfect balanced midfield.

Ozil would be better of drifting into the wide positions like he is doing nowadays. Most of his assists are also from wide positions as compared to center of the pitch.

sometimes i feel arsenal dont need width because the both full backs are pushing so high up the pitch.
when they do torreria sokaratis and mustafi create a 3 centre back defence.

The team will get to know each others movement and will gel soon. However, emery must fix ramsey and restrict him a little bit. Its clears ozil does not have the proper skills to defend however ramsey can defend.

Iwobi is a shinning star. If he keeps attacking the wings and Opposition full backs arsenal might have discovered a rare talent. he is very much improved under emery and so it smith rowe both are players who can take on defenders and have good skills with ball at their feet.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:55 pm

It's funny you should say that, because Ozil vs Everton attempted a lot more tackles and made more interceptions than he usually does. He clearly was trying to defend.

There's also a difference between starting centrally and drifting wide vs starting from a wide position. Ozil's movement can open up space for midfielders and create overloads wherever he goes, but on the flank all he can do is open up space for Bellerin. And because he drifts so far in field it leaves Bellerin isolated so his forward movement often goes to waste while our attacks end up funnelled down the left (which in turn asks more of Aubameyang with possession, which just isn't the right way to use him).

Anyway, as I said in the Gen Section, something will give eventually. Emery and his staff will see that either Ozil's creative output from the right isn't high enough, and/or that his defensive contribution isn't good enough and react accordingly. Right now he wants to try and fit all his best players in, which is understandable, but having to continually change things at half-time isn't sustainable.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:28 pm

Honestly never got and still don't get the fascination for Ramsey but two great coaches at Arsenal saw it.

I would personally start Mkhitaryan and Iwobi over him anyday and Guendouzi too if we want a three man midfield. All three more capable in build up play even if in different ways. You could say the goals he provides but are Aubameyang and Lacazette not supposed to do that? What we need to keep them in form is have a good midfield balance and players who can keep the ball under pressure/participate in build up play so they can score more.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum