Myesyats
Thimmy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
RealGunner
23 posters

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 6 Empty Re: Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition)

Post by Freeza Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:56 pm

Hopefully Martin Csokas can get a solid role in this. Would love for him to be Vesemir or one of the other Witcher’s.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition) - Page 6 Empty Re: Witcher 3-Part 3 ( Expansion Edition)

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:59 pm

Hugh Jackman would have been a great Geralt

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:06 pm

RealGunner wrote:Don't really care about Ciri that much to be bothered by it.

You're out of luck, the series will revolve around her.

Making her non white would mean either making the Cintran royal family, elves or Emhyr non white. Needlessly complicates things especially since Geralt connects with her because of how they share similar features.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:09 pm

RealGunner wrote:Hugh Jackman would have been a great Geralt

Hugh Jackson wouldn’t have been a great anything
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:12 pm

rincon wrote:Who cares? Why is it important?

In the books she's basically the main character, to explain all the things she is and why it's complete bullshit would take some time.

I genuinely can't think of another Series or Film which changed the ethnicity of a main character just because.

Imagine if they did this for any of the main characters in GOT? yeah....

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:13 pm

Freeza wrote:

Hugh Jackson wouldn’t have been a great anything

He is twice the actor Cavill is, sit down.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:13 pm

M99 wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Don't really care about Ciri that much to be bothered by it.

You're out of luck, the series will revolve around her.

Making her non white would mean either making the Cintran royal family, elves or Emhyr non white. Needlessly complicates things especially since Geralt connects with her because of how they share similar features.

Tbf RG only doesn't care because of how badly CDPR characterised here in Witcher 3. She's a lot better in the books, if he had read them i suspect he would feel differently about her.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:16 pm

Myesyats wrote:

Who cares? Like, almost everyone? The Witcher is depicting Slavic culture which has no connection with the black culture. It'd be harder for me to get immersed in the world.

It's almost like a white guy played the lead in Black Panther

What black culture? lol if a black girl gets cast as X character she doesn't bring "black culture" with her to the show. The show creators determine everything about the show they are making, she can be the exact same character and be blond, brunette, red haired, black, or green. We are cool with cat-eyed white haired superhumans, elves and monsters but dark skinned girl breaks immersion.

Henry Cavill isn't slavic though. #NotMyGeralt
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:18 pm

M99 wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Hugh Jackman wouldn’t have been a great anything

20 years older and he’s got the worst filmography for an actor who seems to be regarded that highly. Prisoners is the only role I’ve really liked him in.

Most overrated actor of his generation.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:20 pm

I have no opinion of Cavill but i doubt Jackson would be good tbh, he might have the look in some way but i have a hard time seeing him playing the role character wise.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:22 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

In the books she's basically the main character, to explain all the things she is and why it's complete bullshit would take some time.

I genuinely can't think of another Series or Film which changed the ethnicity of a main character just because.

I haven't read the books but I did play Witcher 1 and 2. Wouldn't really have made a difference either way how she and family looked.

Getting angry about this is just silly though. We are talking about fantasy lands with fictional races and species. Its 100% just about how well the character is written and the actor/actress performs. We would all make different images for characters when reading books, and when we read mythical fantasy and such, it matters little and these characters aren't even from earth. If they do a good job, they do a good job. Let them have their creative freedom.

In GOT too. A lot of them share common ancestry, but at long as they keep it consistent, it doesn't matter. Just needs to be well done either way.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:23 pm

Freeza wrote:
M99 wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Hugh Jackman wouldn’t have been a great anything

20 years older and he’s got the worst filmography for an actor who seems to be regarded that highly. Prisoners is the only role I’ve really liked him in.

Logan, Prisoners, Prestige blows apart any role Cavill played yet :coffee: Not to mention his Wolverine is one of the best superhero portrayals of all time.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:24 pm

It’s starting to get more common to cast female or ethnic characters for the sake of it. I haven’t watch that many movies or TV shows over the past few years, but I remember there was talks about casting Idris Elba as James Bond, as well as one of the gods in a film about norse mythology. I think it’s good that they’re being more inclusive in the film industry, but this feminist-powered, forced inclusion in established franchises and series is a negative development, in my opinion.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:26 pm

M99 wrote:
Freeza wrote:
M99 wrote:

Logan, Prisoners, Prestige blows apart any role Cavill played yet :coffee: Not to mention his Wolverine is one of the best superhero portrayals of all time.

Humphrey in Stardust > Jackman in Prestige. That movie was all Bale as usual.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:27 pm

She wasn't in Witcher 1 and 2 though, which is why Yennefer and Ciri being in 3 was such a big deal for most people who had read the books.

As they are main characters for the series, also as M99 already pointed out it means making Emyr and the entire cintrian family non white and the Geralt factor. The probably won't approach this but then there's the Lara Dorren Elder Blood stuff.

It just needlessly complicates things for the sake of forced diversity. There's a reason why in GoT they didn't do this for main characters, you're going to alienate a fanbase who will watch your program and likely won't get people who weren't going to watch it to replace them either.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:29 pm

Thimmy wrote:

It’s starting to get more common to cast female or ethnic characters for the sake of it. I haven’t watch that many movies or TV shows over the past few years, but I remember there was talks about casting Idris Elba as James Bond, as well as one of the gods in a film about norse mythology. I think it’s good that they’re being more inclusive in the film industry, but this feminist-powered, forced inclusion in established franchises and series is a negative development, in my opinion.

These are just forced narratives. There was the same uproar when Craig was cast as Bond because he was blonde as opposed to dark haired. Craig killed it, was great. Now no one cares or remembers. That's all that matters. If Elba is the right man for what the director/producers want to do then he is the right man (not saying he is, for me he is too old). Bond has been recast 6 or 7 times and drastically changed, it's not a good example.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:30 pm

I have no issue with Elba being Bond btw, this is completely different to me.

It goes further than just the one character, i'd actually have less issues if they did this for Geralt Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:35 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:She wasn't in Witcher 1 and 2 though, which is why Yennefer and Ciri being in 3 was such a big deal for most people who had read the books.

As they are main characters for the series, also as M99 already pointed out it means making Emyr and the entire cintrian family non white and the Geralt factor. The probably won't approach this but then there's the Lara Dorren Elder Blood stuff.

It just needlessly complicates things for the sake of forced diversity. There's a reason why in GoT they didn't do this for main characters, you're going to alienate a fanbase who will watch your program and likely won't get people who weren't going to watch it to replace them either.

I agree that if things aren't positive, more so if they are negative, then why do it? but the outrage is pointless. Its about the ethnicity of an actress playing someone from fantasy media, who hasn't even been cast yet. What if the writers and this girl blow everyone away?

It's like some discussion Betty has had here about anime movies. I had the same point, just do what works best for what they are trying to do in terms of casting people.

For example, everyone (me included) praised Narcos. That's a real life story talking about people who are still alive. They went ahead and casted someone that speaks the wrong language to play none other than Escobar. It was still great, because the creators did an awesome job and Moura was a great actor.

People need to chill.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:38 pm

When you’ve already cast Cavill. Making Ciri Black or any other race is just idiotic. They’re defined by their relation, where looks is one part. Doesn’t make sense to cast an actress of another race after the fact. If another than Cavill was cast, then maybe it’d fit with Characters.

Bond isn’t defined as a character other than being a misogynistic rapist and hitman. Any race can fit nicely into that.

It’s comparabke to when they made Michael B. Jordan Human Torch. It was a great decision imo. They just completely ruined it because they couldn’t commit to him and Sue being related. They just became friends who got adopted into his family when her parents died.

They could’ve cast a black actress and it would’ve been a better choice. Or even half siblings. They just forgot about how those characters are defined which was where the problems started with that film.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:39 pm

My issues drastically go down if they are consistent with it btw.

I just don't think they will and we are going to have a mixed race Ciri for the sake of diversity and the Emperor will be white.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:39 pm

@Rincon you can read through this thread, at first my reaction was "so what?" (then again I've only played like 10 hours on W3), but it seems that people do have a legitimate gripe with this change:

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/9e0wa6/im_polish_and_heres_why_i_think_that_changing/
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:42 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:@Rincon you can read through this thread, at first my reaction was "so what?" (then again I've only played like 10 hours on W3), but it seems that people do have a legitimate gripe with this change:

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/9e0wa6/im_polish_and_heres_why_i_think_that_changing/

I'll give it a read. I'm no expert on the witcher, just played the first 2 and didn't beat either due to unfortunate circumstances.

Just in general I don't see the point in freaking out at such an early stage when the show might still look great once there is actual footage.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:46 pm

I think the show being good or not is not really the point of this tbh, the race of the actress being picked for this doesn't effect the quality of the show really.

Also i feel sorry for who ever the actress is, i fear a lot of idiots will abuse her because that's how *bleep* people are.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:54 pm

Goal legacy Proud I didn’t mention Idris elba being cast as James Bond or a norse god to express that I disagree with those specific choices, those were just examples off the top of my head where a non-white actor was, from what I can tell, cast for a role in order to make a political statement. I really like Idris Elba, but I would have an issue with him being cast as a norse god, if norse mythology was something I felt particularly invested in.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:58 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:@Rincon you can read through this thread, at first my reaction was "so what?" (then again I've only played like 10 hours on W3), but it seems that people do have a legitimate gripe with this change:

Read most of that. The OP I 100% disagree with. Netflix bought the rights to the content and they are the ones gambling millions on the show. They aren't doing this to appease the country where the author is from, they are doing it to make money and hopefully make something good out of the whole thing.

The comments about consistency and narrative, I think the same thing mole was saying, I agree with. If they are doing this, they have to do it right. Carry it through and do it in a way that makes sense. That's a legit concern to have.

Then again, this is something that they must do with every aspect of the show. Everything needs to be done well and be kept consistent, black girl or no black girl. Most video games and anime movies fail because they don't treat the IP properly. Its hard. Let's hope they do it well.

Last edited by rincon on Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:59 pm

Moving on to other things, I can say with confidence Yennefer has been cast. Same source that said Cavill had been officially cast as Geralt a week before it got confirmed and published said British actress Anya Chalotra has been cast as Yennefer a few weeks ago. They also said they are looking for 15-16 year old to play a 10-13 year old Ciri which also got confirmed.

Also this rumor has less basis, take it with a grain of salt but word is Sebastian Stan might have been cast as Dandelion.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next