Swanhends
poolsupporter
andiii
Great Leader Sprucenuce
lenear1030
51 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Joey Barton Appreciation Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Joey Barton Appreciation Thread

Post by Lex Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:39 pm

I wouldn't say nothing. Gervinho could potentially be out for three games, which would be against Liverpool, Manchester United and......er.......some other team

Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Joey Barton Appreciation Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Joey Barton Appreciation Thread

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:39 pm

barton is owning himself on Twiitter.

@RobbieSavage8 hate CHEATS that dive to win pens. If theres contact go down but dont blatantly try to con the ref. Refs have it hard enough

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton
If i stayed up or went down its not relevant, raises his hands off. I was merely highlighting he struck me. Song stamped should of been seen
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:39 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Are some people here still defending the low-class sewer rat Barton? I bet he would still have the courage to complain on not getting called up to England.

No one is defending Barton he was wrong, both he and Gervinho deserved yellows imo and Song should have been sent off, so ref got Song incident wrong and he got Gervinho incident wrong so both incidents are evened out.... I am just making the point that Ref was not payed up NUFC like some people are portraying because one of the incident went Arsenal's way and one of them went NUFC's way.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:40 pm

First and foremost, Song should have been sent off for that stamp. No denying that one. Blatant and unnecessary violent conduct.

I thought Gervinho went down a bit easy. It's difficult to see if there's any conduct. The ref didn't think there was and just waved play on. That should have been the end of it.

I don't know why Barton felt the need to get involved. Sure, he might hate cheating but who doesn't? No other player was going to go up and force Gervinho onto his feet than Barton.

Gervinho deserved the red for rasing his hands. The rules state that if you do that and make any contact with someone, it's voilent conduct and a red card. Can't argue with that at all. People might disagree with the rule but that is the rule.

Barton deserves criticism for his reaction to the whole incident. Angrily forcing the player onto his feet, when said player wasn't even play acting, and then play acting himself to the slightest of touches... yeah, can't really defend Barton at all.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:42 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:First and foremost, Song should have been sent off for that stamp. No denying that one. Blatant and unnecessary violent conduct.

I thought Gervinho went down a bit easy. It's difficult to see if there's any conduct. The ref didn't think there was and just waved play on. That should have been the end of it.

I don't know why Barton felt the need to get involved. Sure, he might hate cheating but who doesn't? No other player was going to go up and force Gervinho onto his feet than Barton.

Gervinho deserved the red for rasing his hands. The rules state that if you do that and make any contact with someone, it's voilent conduct and a red card. Can't argue with that at all. People might disagree with the rule but that is the rule.

Barton deserves criticism for his reaction to the whole incident. Angrily forcing the player onto his feet, when said player wasn't even play acting, and then play acting himself to the slightest of touches... yeah, can't really defend Barton at all.
Agree Thumbs up
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:42 pm

Lex wrote:So now he dived twice? How can that be when he didn't even dive once?

I hate it when people make things up

Are you blind!? In the first half he was running down the right wing with Ryan Taylor he then tried to turn inside realised he'd knocked it too far and then jumped on the floor. And if you don't think that the one inside the box was a dive then you're delusional. They showed both of them in slow motion several times on ESPN at full time, they are both clear dives, i'm curious to know what TV channel you watched it on. If it was Arsenal TV I can see why you think it went differently.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:44 pm

Haha love how Savage is getting involved on twitter 2 modern day leg-ends
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:44 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:First and foremost, Song should have been sent off for that stamp. No denying that one. Blatant and unnecessary violent conduct.

This ^

Finally an Arsenal fan that isn't one-eyed and biased.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:54 pm

GoonerJay29 is actually one of the very few realistic and honest Arsenal fans I've seen here props to him
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:01 pm

most arsenal fans if not all admit.....Song deserves a red card and that gervinho did too..but we are talking about Barton here....

he himself just wrote it's that diving is a disgrace and that your a cheat if you blatantly con the ref....which he himself did....

btw he said himself admitted he went down easily...

@henrywinter @RobbieSavage8 I went down easy, no doubt. Still cant raise ur hands. Agree or not?
20 minutes ago
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:04 pm

and lol at the referee consulting steven taylor instead of his linesman
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:05 pm

imalegend wrote:most arsenal fans if not all admit.....Song deserves a red card and that gervinho did too..but we are talking about Barton here....

he himself just wrote it's that diving is a disgrace and that your a cheat if you blatantly con the ref....which he himself did....

@henrywinter @RobbieSavage8 I went down easy, no doubt. Still cant raise ur hands. Agree or not?
20 minutes ago
Agreed then, all my point was that the theory that everything went Newcastle's way when Song should have been sent off that is all i had a problem with.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:07 pm

btw loving Savage on twitter...he is bringing down barton...so much that he had to admit he went down easy

Joey Barton Appreciation Thread - Page 5 140173hp2
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:32 pm

imalegend wrote:most arsenal fans if not all admit.....Song deserves a red card and that gervinho did too..but we are talking about Barton here....

20 minutes ago

I think you're misunderstanding him...

Going down easily is not blatantly conning the ref...Barton himself said on twitter "If theres contact go down"
There was contact.....he went down. It's basically the Busquets mentality....Did Motta hit him in the face? Yes....Was it enough to make him fall down and roll around covering his face? Hell fking no....But Busquets did it to draw the refs attention to the fact that it happened

I'm not saying thats okay or thats the right thing to do (I'm against it, personally) but thats what Barton is using as his defense

Blatantly conning the ref is the literal definition of diving: going to ground with no contact in order to gain an advantage
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:33 pm

barton really needs to get off twitter

isnt admitting going down easy punishable by the FA?

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:34 pm

cyberman wrote:barton really needs to get off twitter

isnt admitting going down easy punishable by the FA?

going down easy isn't against the rules...going down without contact is
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:34 pm

You can't go into a tackle and not get the ball, either
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:35 pm

but bhends there was contact on gervinho [sp]

so by bartons definition he was right to go down

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:36 pm

bhends wrote:

20 minutes ago

I think you're misunderstanding him...

Going down easily is not blatantly conning the ref...Barton himself said on twitter "If theres contact go down"
There was contact.....he went down. It's basically the Busquets mentality....Did Motta hit him in the face? Yes....Was it enough to make him fall down and roll around covering his face? Hell fking no....But Busquets did it to draw the refs attention to the fact that it happened

I'm not saying thats okay or thats the right thing to do (I'm against it, personally) but thats what Barton is using as his defense

Blatantly conning the ref is the literal definition of diving: going to ground with no contact in order to gain an advantage
Busquets could get kicked in the balls and he'd still be clutching his face. He has a serious case of referred itch.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:38 pm

cyberman wrote:but bhends there was contact on gervinho [sp]

so by bartons definition he was right to go down

correct

no one ever said he could be confused with a scholar lulz...

he must really believe there was no contact on Gervinho....that, or he legitimately lacks basic reasoning skills
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:44 pm

My personal opinion of the situation is that while Barton is truly an idiot, and should not have gotten involved in the situation in the first place....The story here should be about Song's stamp, not on Barton's antics. However Barton's actions fit neatly into the pre-written narrative of "bad boy raises hell"

Same basic rules apply to the likes of Balotelli or Rooney etc

Imagine if, for example - it had been Shawcross stamping on an Arsenal player, and Wilshere had done what Barton did today...

I assure you....the media/publicity shitstorm would fall squarely on Shawcross, not on Wilshere (or whomever)

But such is life, I suppose..
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:56 pm

bhends wrote:My personal opinion of the situation is that while Barton is truly an idiot, and should not have gotten involved in the situation in the first place....The story here should be about Song's stamp, not on Barton's antics. However Barton's actions fit neatly into the pre-written narrative of "bad boy raises hell"

Same basic rules apply to the likes of Balotelli or Rooney etc

Imagine if, for example - it had been Shawcross stamping on an Arsenal player, and Wilshere had done what Barton did today...

I assure you....the media/publicity shitstorm would fall squarely on Shawcross, not on Wilshere (or whomever)

But such is life, I suppose..

true but lets not forget this is the 3rd arsenal NFC game where something has happened which has involved Barton.....first was the nasri incident(if i am not mistaken), then Diaby last season, and now this
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:02 pm

watching motd ?

once again, it wasnt a dive. Even Shearer of all people agree

Last edited by RealGunner on Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:02 pm

What's wrong with you people? Three different angles show he was clipped while running after the ball. If that's a dive, then there's no such thing as a foul anymore

Nice "he punched me" motions from Barton Rolling Eyes
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:09 pm

RealGunner wrote:watching motd ?

once again, it wasnt a dive. Even Shearer of all people agree

I seen it a million times and still looks a dive to me.....

But let's say it was'nt a dive.... Then i still stand by my opinion that Barton and Gervinho both deserved a yellow and Song deserved to be sent off... ref got both incidents wrong... one went Newcastle's way and one went Arsenal's way.

My problem was with everyone seemingly blaming Arsenal's inability to win the game on the ref when Song should have been sent off and was'nt.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:11 pm

Mole, no-one blamed the ref for our inability to win the game today
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next