Swanhends
poolsupporter
andiii
Great Leader Sprucenuce
lenear1030
51 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Joey Barton Appreciation Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Joey Barton Appreciation Thread

Post by Lex Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:24 pm

What pisses me of is that Barton created WWIII out of absolutely NOTHING

Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Joey Barton Appreciation Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Joey Barton Appreciation Thread

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:26 pm

izzy26 wrote:
GyansDancingBoots wrote:Gervinho was justified

It was an act of self defence, against a person like Barton with his history you cant blame the lad for acting in self defence.

It was Barton who rushed over dragged him up and was pulling on his shirt.

Gervinhos card should be rescinded and Barton be suspended.

No, Gervinho isn't innocent. He did raise his hands and we all know what is going to happen if you do.

Barton got lucky. Very lucky.

Shouldn't matter in a Situation when Barton is involved. He has a history of violent attacks so players should be allowed to take appropriate action and defend them self against any threat he poses.

Personally I think the whole arsenal team should have ran at him windmilling.

If Barton hadn't ran over dragged Gervinho up & started being aggressive Gervinho would not have acted.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:27 pm

GyansDancingBoots wrote:
izzy26 wrote:
GyansDancingBoots wrote:Gervinho was justified

It was an act of self defence, against a person like Barton with his history you cant blame the lad for acting in self defence.

It was Barton who rushed over dragged him up and was pulling on his shirt.

Gervinhos card should be rescinded and Barton be suspended.

No, Gervinho isn't innocent. He did raise his hands and we all know what is going to happen if you do.

Barton got lucky. Very lucky.

Shouldn't matter in a Situation when Barton is involved. He has a history of violent attacks so players should be allowed to take appropriate action and defend them self against any threat he poses.

Personally I think the whole arsenal team should have ran at him windmilling.

I agree, Gervinho was provoked by an idiot, but raising his hands was always going to result in trouble.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:29 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:Today made me realise that in addition to the LB and Forward we are going to sign that we should definitely sign a CB aswell( wont happen though)

Didnt i say that few weeks back in the newcastle thread and u said CB is covered and K Suspect

Apart from 1st choice pairing (colocini in particular)dont think u have any reliable CB imo.Surprised didnt go for someone like Upson on cheap atleast for cover
I like Williamson tbh but its still not enough, we were offered Bassong for 4 million but we turned it down Rolling Eyes Yay more Barton haters, but no one mentions Song's stamp but if Barton stamped on Song you would all say he deserves to be banned from football for ever Yes Gervinho should'nt have been sent off but Song for damn sure should have been.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:00 pm

aweful acting by barton after the hit, but also not a penalty there, he dived long time before contact
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:06 pm

Lex wrote:What pisses me of is that Barton created WWIII out of absolutely NOTHING

What pisses me off is Arsenal fans saying that Gervinho did nothing wrong despite the fact he dived TWICE and tried to cheat his way to a penalty because he couldn't create anything. If slapping someone and diving is nothing then you live in a dream world.

Typical Arsenal fans criticising other teams and players when their players are as bad if not worse. Stamping on someone like a coward while they are on the floor and there back is turned, diving to try and cheat a victory and slapping people when they confront you about it.

Same old Arsenal always cheating.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:13 pm

So now he dived twice? How can that be when he didn't even dive once?

I hate it when people make things up
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:14 pm

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton
Imagine if id of stamped on Song, all the numptys would be out calling for a public execution. What cos its on me its alright? #hypocrites.
Agree completely(I hate the fact my return key does'nt work atm) Evil or Very Mad and he did dive ffs if that is'nt a dive and can bring up so many occasions where people called a dive when it was'nt if you consider it that Gervinho did'nt dive.

Last edited by Immaculate_Mole on Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:16 pm

aford92 wrote:
Lex wrote:What pisses me of is that Barton created WWIII out of absolutely NOTHING

What pisses me off is Arsenal fans saying that Gervinho did nothing wrong despite the fact he dived TWICE and tried to cheat his way to a penalty because he couldn't create anything. If slapping someone and diving is nothing then you live in a dream world.

Typical Arsenal fans criticising other teams and players when their players are as bad if not worse. Stamping on someone like a coward while they are on the floor and there back is turned, diving to try and cheat a victory and slapping people when they confront you about it.

Same old Arsenal always cheating.
I hate that the FA took down the replay I posted. Gervinho clearly got clipped on his trailing left leg, and Gervinho didn't just slap Barton because Barton 'confronted him about it,' he flailed his arm out while Barton was grabbing him by the shirt and yelling at him. It's not like he wound up and threw a big bitch slap at him.

Gervinho should have received a yellow at best, yes Song should have been sent off (I don't think anybody has denied this), and Barton definitely should have received a red. A lot of referees would have given that tackle on Gervinho as a penalty as well.

Nothing I just said is overly bias or unfair. Your comment however reeks of bias and generalization.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:16 pm

A hypocrite calling others hypocrites. Irony paradox?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:18 pm

Let's put it this way if Gervinho did'nt dive then Alves did'nt dive in the Pepe incident. ffs he jumped throught the air and happened to hit Tiote on the way down. It was a f*cking dive.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:21 pm

lol at people saying that wasn't a dive... so much bias that it is blinding you.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:22 pm

RobbieSavage8 Robbie Savage
@Joey7Barton must say though pal there was contact with gervinho I thought a penalty could of been given he felt contact like you did !

his reply

@
@RobbieSavage8 hate CHEATS that dive to win pens. If theres contact go down but dont blatantly try to con the ref. Refs have it hard enough

TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:23 pm

am I the only one that though the ref made the right call giving Gervinho a red card, and barton the yellow? Barton was just pulling Gervinho up after that he dived.

It is really similar to the Torres situation against manchester united. Ferdinand dragged Torres up by the shirt in a similar way, only that Torres did not attack Ferdinand unlike Gervinho did to Barton. And to hit another player in the face gives red card even if you fall or not. Remember Drogba vs United in CL final 2008

here is the video

xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:23 pm

He never went a foot off the ground. He went from a standing position straight onto his face, and it didn't come until after the tackle. Here is a video which shows what we are talking about:
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkizj5_newbartonincident_news#from=embediframe
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:24 pm

xabi wrote:am I the only one that though the ref made the right call giving Gervinho a red card, and barton the yellow? Barton was just pulling Gervinho up after that he dived.

It is really similar to the Torres situation against manchester united. Ferdinand dragged Torres up by the shirt in a similar way, only that Torres did not attack Ferdinand unlike Gervinho did to Barton. And to hit another player in the face gives red card even if you fall or not. Remember Drogba vs United in CL final 2008

here is the video

Your wasting your time mate, Arsenal fans turn into a delusional bias lot when the result does'nt go there way, it was same last year in 4-4.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:25 pm

imalegend wrote:RobbieSavage8 Robbie Savage
@Joey7Barton must say though pal there was contact with gervinho I thought a penalty could of been given he felt contact like you did !

his reply

@
@RobbieSavage8 hate CHEATS that dive to win pens. If theres contact go down but dont blatantly try to con the ref. Refs have it hard enough
Laughing
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:25 pm

xabi wrote:am I the only one that though the ref made the right call giving Gervinho a red card, and barton the yellow? Barton was just pulling Gervinho up after that he dived.

here is the video

Ferdinand barely picked him up... Barton Forcely Grabbed him and his teammaters tried to stop Barton.....

i am sorry but you must be blind if you think both of them are similar
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:26 pm

Eman wrote:
imalegend wrote:RobbieSavage8 Robbie Savage

his reply

@
Laughing

his reply back....

RobbieSavage8 Robbie Savage
@Joey7Barton There's an argument to say though pal you conned ref and went down to easy you could of stayed on your feet !!
5 minutes ago

loving Savage atm....

barton's reply

If i stayed up or went down its not relevant, raises his hands off. I was merely highlighting he struck me. Song stamped should of been seen

TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:28 pm

imalegend wrote:

here is the video

Ferdinand barely picked him up... Barton Forcely Grabbed him and his teammaters tried to stop Barton.....

i am sorry but you must be blind if you think both of them are similar
No he did'nt forcefully grab him he picked him up but Gervinho acted angrily to it and there fore it turned into a strangle fest until the players could split them up.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:31 pm

How about everybody just watches the video I posted on the previous page and then resumes discussion? I couldn't get it to actually show the video on this site, but the link is good Smile
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:32 pm

He merely "picked" Gervinho up? I've seen fisherman haul thrashing bluefin tuna out of the water with less force and aggression
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:34 pm

Eman wrote:How about everybody just watches the video I posted on the previous page and then resumes discussion? I couldn't get it to actually show the video on this site, but the link is good Smile
It does'nt show the fact that Gervinho left the ground before any contact was mad unlike the coverage on ESPN. Anyway ignore all that Gervinho slapped how little contact does'nt matter( Both Gervinho and Barton deserved yellows imo) and Song deserved a red..... Ref got Gervinho sending off wrong imo and got Song stamp wrong which evens each incident out.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:35 pm

Are some people here still defending the low-class sewer rat Barton? I bet he would still have the courage to complain on not getting called up to England.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:38 pm

much ado about nothing
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:39 pm

I wouldn't say nothing. Gervinho could potentially be out for three games, which would be against Liverpool, Manchester United and......er.......some other team
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next