Doc
S
Mr Nick09
59 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

La Liga 2018/19 Discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: La Liga 2018/19 Discussion

Post by futbol_bill Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:39 pm

Maybe it’s just 8 games, but there is no denying that teams like Sevilla, Betis, Celta, Alaves, Espanyol are playing good futbol. Also I don’t think Valencia and Villareal remain in bottom half. We can expect Barca and both Madrid teams (and yes BC, i made a typo!) to improve, but as I said I don’t ever, and I go back a lot longer than all of you, remember la liga this tight!

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:46 pm

You had Valencia and Super Depor beating Barca and Madrid in the early 2000s. The closest race I remember was 1999-2000... where you had 6 teams that were really close and the winner (Super Depor) won the league with 69 points and 11 losses!

Those were the days. La Liga was so good and competitive. Every game was tough.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:47 pm

La Real Sociedad with karpin :fap:, my favorite non madrid la liga team ever i think, they were marvelous
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:51 pm

I just remember Makaay scoring against us for fun back in those days. God I hated the trips to the Riazor.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:59 pm

its very sad, watching barcelona drop points didn't even excite me one bit considering we haven't scored a single goal in years.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:27 am

It's Barcelona vs Sevilla post international break and history suggests that even a poorly playing Barca will win that one. It's Messi's favourite game, after all.

Eight games are nothing, really. Sevilla have been here before in recent seasons, but when they travel to Barca, Madrid, Atleti, Valencia, Athletic, etc. they tend to drop a lot of points. If they start getting results at those grounds I'll start getting excited.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:19 am

titosantill wrote:its very sad, watching barcelona drop points didn't even excite me one bit considering we haven't scored a single goal in years.

In our defense, we're playing without an attack, and the striker we bought to replace Ronaldo from Chelsea is not scoring for some reason.

But fear not, the board know what they're doing. The only one to blame here is Lopetegui. Once he's fired, all of our problems will vanish and Benzema will magically turn into R9.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:50 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:We know why Madrid are struggling, ie end of cycle, etc..., why are barca just 1 point above us?

I don't know, mate. Winning 7 out of the last 10 La Ligas might have something to do with it. Clearly the focus is elsewhere this season.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:52 pm

futbol wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:We know why Madrid are struggling, ie end of cycle, etc..., why are barca just 1 point above us?

I don't know, mate. Winning 7 out of the last 10 La Ligas might have something to do with it. Clearly the focus is elsewhere this season.

It's time to lose a CL semi-final I guess. It's been long coming tbh.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:56 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
futbol wrote:

You will wait 10 years for the next CL semi final now, mate.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:33 pm

futbol wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:
futbol wrote:

You will wait 10 years for the next CL semi final now, mate.

4 in last 5 and if we don't win it in next 10 years it'll be 4 in 15 years. still good :coffee: .
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:13 pm

The goalscoring droughts for Diego Costa, Benzema, Luis Suárez & other LaLiga forwards

https://www.marca.com/futbol/primera-division/2018/10/10/5bbc954546163fdc9d8b459f.html

La Liga 2018/19 Discussion - Page 29 NmaMGBs

**Diego Costa has been scoreless in 581 mins this season. Last season, he played the final 628 mins without scoring.

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:51 pm

Varnagel wrote:The goalscoring droughts for Diego Costa, Benzema, Luis Suárez & other LaLiga forwards

https://www.marca.com/futbol/primera-division/2018/10/10/5bbc954546163fdc9d8b459f.html

**Diego Costa has been scoreless in 581 mins this season. Last season, he played the final 628 mins without scoring.

The sheet would've been more interesting, if it had included amount of goalscoring chances received/created. These numbers may look poor, but they don't necessarily reflect the overall performance level of each respective player.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:23 pm

Thimmy wrote:The sheet would've been more interesting, if it had included amount of goalscoring chances received/created. These numbers may look poor, but they don't necessarily reflect the overall performance level of each respective player.

Funny, Never saw people here using such a rhetoric on Benzema's 5 LaLiga goals last season...

Anyway, it's a useful sheet to debunk the unnecessary criticism towards Bale & Benzema.

They've both a decent start in LaLiga & aren't as bad as they're being made out.

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:34 pm

Yes because Madrid are a team that really struggles to score a lot of goals in La Liga...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:44 pm

Benzema doesn't deserve criticism for being terrible for one of the most stacked teams in the world because other strikers are being poor for less stacked teams. Checks out
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:06 pm

Varnagel wrote:
Thimmy wrote:The sheet would've been more interesting, if it had included amount of goalscoring chances received/created. These numbers may look poor, but they don't necessarily reflect the overall performance level of each respective player.

Funny, Never saw people here using such a rhetoric on Benzema's 5 LaLiga goals last season...

Anyway, it's a useful sheet to debunk the unnecessary criticism towards Bale & Benzema.

They've both a decent start in LaLiga & aren't as bad as they're being made out.

I was speaking in general terms. The vast majority of us are aware of how useless Benzema has been for some time now Smile Bale may have less goals than him, but he's undoubtedly been more productive overall, this season.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:23 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Varnagel wrote:The goalscoring droughts for Diego Costa, Benzema, Luis Suárez & other LaLiga forwards

The sheet would've been more interesting, if it had included amount of goalscoring chances received/created. These numbers may look poor, but they don't necessarily reflect the overall performance level of each respective player.
I bet Suarez would be leading the bunch in clear cut missed chances the past two years, in any sport, ever.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:55 pm

rincon wrote:Benzema doesn't deserve criticism for being terrible for one of the most stacked teams in the world because other strikers are being poor for less stacked teams. Checks out

Somehow I feel the word 'terrible' doesn't quite do him justice though.

Instead, picture a sea of human excrement buried under ten thousand feet of dogshit, all swirling around in a gigantic, steaming pile of mellow, boiled monkey crap. You got that? Now, throw all that in a blender and add two tons of decaying, sun-dried raccoons, 100 liters of stagnant waters and a dose of Hydrogen Sulphide.

Now, remove your gas mask and take a whiff. Did your hair turn grey? Did your teeth fall off? Do you have a tingling, lingering, stabbing pain in your left arm and you feel like a heart attack is in the offing? That's what the majority of Madrid fans feel like week in, week out watching that useless joke for a CF.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:58 pm

Benzama at least knows how to play football, Suarez has recently been more succesful when not touching the ball.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:39 pm

Thimmy wrote:
Varnagel wrote:

I was speaking in general terms. The vast majority of us are aware of how useless Benzema has been for some time now Smile Bale may have less goals than him, but he's undoubtedly been more productive overall, this season.

Benzema's goalscoring production in LaLiga last season was pretty bad. That said, he made 10 LaLiga assists and were up there with likes of Messi for creating most goals in LaLiga per 90 last season.

La Liga 2018/19 Discussion - Page 29 Dd34U2mVwAAXT5B

Never mind that Benzema does other stuff that doesn't really get highglighted in stats. Movement, hold-up play, wing play etc. But if all of those things are deemed as "useless", then it just says more about people's negative bias towards him and speaks volume on how badly Benzema is underrated/underappreciated on this forum.

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:15 am

Varnagel wrote:
Thimmy wrote:
Varnagel wrote:

Benzema's goalscoring production in LaLiga last season was pretty bad. That said, he made 10 LaLiga assists and were up there with likes of Messi for creating most goals in LaLiga per 90 last season.

Never mind that Benzema does other stuff that doesn't really get highglighted in stats. Movement, hold-up play, wing play etc. But if all of those things are deemed as "useless", then it just says more about people's negative bias towards him and speaks volume on how badly Benzema is underrated/underappreciated on this forum.

His famous movement and hold-up play have plummeted along with his goalscoring ability, for several seasons now. Even if you ignore his lack of goalscoring, his overall productivity just isn't up to par anymore. His goals in the Champions League are still appreciated, but his extraordinary ability to capitalize on rare, freak accidents made by goalkeepers, unfortunately doesn't compensate for his other shortcomings. And he has plenty of shortcomings. I used to be one of his biggest fans before we signed him, but he simply hasn't been up to par for several seasons now, and I'd be hard pressed to argue that he's anywhere close to being irreplaceable.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:36 am

Thimmy wrote:
Varnagel wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

His famous movement and hold-up play have plummeted along with his goalscoring ability, for several seasons now. Even if you ignore his lack of goalscoring, his overall productivity just isn't up to par anymore. His goals in the Champions League are still appreciated, but his extraordinary ability to capitalize on rare, freak accidents made by goalkeepers, unfortunately doesn't compensate for his other shortcomings. And he has plenty of shortcomings. I used to be one of his biggest fans before we signed him, but he simply hasn't been up to par for several seasons now, and I'd be hard pressed to argue that he's anywhere close to being irreplaceable.

Eh, Benzema actually played pretty damn well last season despite not scoring much goals.

Don't know where you get the idea that Benzema's overall play has declined. Never mind that he "hasn't been up to par for several seasons" lol.

He was undeniably an important cog for Zidane's team. Comments from the man himself.

How would you define a modern forward? Benzema is often criticised, but what did you think of the work he did for the team?

Karim was important for the balance of the side in terms of how I wanted the team to attack. He helped to implement our possession game by playing his team-mates in. He makes himself available and is a real team player.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/football-development/technical/coach-education/news/newsid=2569275.html

And he's actually pretty much spot on. Still remember how poorly Real Madrid looked in the final third against Juventus & Bayern when Zidane benched his countryman in those couple of games.

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:03 am

Whatever Benzema's value, he's not starting today:

Courtois; Odriozola, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo; Isco, Casemiro, Modric; Vazquez, Mariano, Asensio

Levante are a plucky team with a dangerous front two in Morales and Roger Marti. Won their last two, as well.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:11 pm

Levante 1-0 after six minutes. Jose Morales.

Morales is a better player than Levante imo. Shame that age is against him.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:17 pm

Levante 2-0. Marti penalty.

Not sure if Varane handled it in the area or not. It was very close to the edge of the box.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next