halamadrid2
Hapless_Hans
The Demon of Carthage
Doc
Mr Nick09
34 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:46 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Perez is basically saying that he won't sign sub talents for 200 mil or crazy money I see nothing wrong with that. There are other ways to build a strong squad than dropping 100 mil left and right

That tune will change once the trophies stop... and they have stopped imo. Shortsighted. The market has NEVER retracted in football. Either you accept the prices for what they are or you live in denial... and lose a lot of games.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 29 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:35 pm

Mariano is definitely an upgrade to Mayoral, so I'm totally okay with this signing.

I agree with sports though. If Florentino expects the market to go down in the near future, he's sadly mistaken. You either roll with it to compete with the big boys or cheap out and end up having average players in every position.

For the time being, he's lucky because the core of the team is made of world class players he bought before the market went crazy. But there will come a time when all those guys will regress and then what? Keep on being cheap and spending "sensibly" on average scrubs? Good luck with that.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:01 pm

It's strange. The lack of spending.

Either Perez wants the financial books to look really good or he's trying to avoid a ffp investigation.

Is the club subject to any financial issues?
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:07 pm

Well this is why i asked, can this actually be related to saving money and allotting it to the stadium renovation? There's the stadium renovation, the possibility of us saving for if we go after Neymar/Mbappe/Kane/etc, and also the fact that we have a good squad atm nonetheless and have been successful, all serving as possible factors.

Why has Perez turned into Scrooge McDuck?

One thing we cannot afford is to expect to put our hopes on youth or pass up on buying players (like Mbappe) and then regretting it.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:22 pm

It might be down to the stadium, I just think the targets they want were t available. It doesn’t matter how much money you throw at PSG and Neymar/Mbappe if they don’t agree to the sale then it’s not going to happen. That combined with having confidence in the players who helped bring 4 CL titles in 5 years.

We need to spend, but maybe next year is more realistic to get the targets we want. I can give them a year after so much success

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:40 pm

The stadium renovation can't be fully covered by the club. If it were, Florentino wouldn't have wasted time negotiating with IPIC (the company that was chosen to pay for the whole thing before the deal went south).

Someone has to come into the equation, pay for it and secure its naming rights for an agreed-upon time period. That's the financially healthy approach.

If Madrid choose to pay for it themselves, they'll bury themselves in massive debts. Florentino is way smarter than Lorenzo Sanz and wouldn't do such a thing. That's why I don't think the stadium renovation is what keeping Florentino from strengthening the squad.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:54 pm

sportsczy wrote:mariano is not the answer.   I'm telling you people.  Having watched him at Lyon... he had 2 great months to start then he was bang average.  very very one dimensional.  Makes Cavani look like the second coming of Messi technically.  Cavani is 1000000000000000000000000x better.

better than nothing...  but he's just a more athletic version of Mayoral and Joselu.

I, for one, appreciate how much more aggressiveness he has to his game compared to Mayoral. He's better at finding space in offensive positions, and from what I can tell he's simply an overall, better player. This deal was definitely better than no deal. I can't even imagine Mayoral making it anywhere. What exactly does he offer?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:11 am

Sports isnt wrong but at the same time, you underrate Mariano sports.
unlike Morata, Mariano gave me an impression similar to that of lucas vazquez. sometimes all is required is a strong will. 20 goals in a season is not something you ignore. not for a role as a backup anyways.

he has the necessary speed to not be totally useless. With Benz now having a decent backup option, I've no concerns with our frontline. Mariano will boost our firepower with willingness and persistence. although he is a classic 9, he can be of use against the smaller sides who will always be susceptible to such cfs. not to mention his top speed in particular will help give him a slight edge in the counter attack. I hope lopetegui rotates him with benz in the event benz gets jaded and needs a rest for those days will come.

our summer should be over with unless we're looking at another mid to replace kova?
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:05 am

Well guess what. Mayoral is likely going to Sevilla. Each day the media has two different versions. Marca and El Confidecial. Two days ago, it was one saying Mayoral staying and a possibility of Mariano deal, while the other saying Mariano coming, Mayoral out. Then yesterday, Mariano being signed, with one saying mayoral being 3rd striker and the other saying he may seek exit. Meanwhile yesterday in another story, one saying Hermoso is of interest and available at a decent price and Vallejo to go out on loan, while Marca saying Vallejo is staying.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:55 am

Mariano is clearly a better scorer than any Castilla prospect we have had in a while. He has that it and his year in France was not a surprise for me. He is a good scorer and off the bench for us it's a plus.

The one who needs to play and score like an elite CF is Benzema. He started well, so we will see if he will continue this form over a season
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:21 pm

Jese was the best thing to come out of Castilla and look at him now. He was supposed to be our future no7. Took Segunda by storm. Teams treated him like he was a first teamer booing him and targeting him. I had high hopes Sad

Mariano has been a nice surprise. He would never have played over Morata or Joselu or later Jese for Castilla. They all were better than him but what separates him from them is his desire to always improve no matter how shunned he gets. I mean this guuy got doubled digits min two seasons ago and he still wanted to stay and fight. If that was Jese Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:44 pm

Jesé didn’t get ruined because he was booed, Jesé got ruined because of his serious injuries, inability to adapt to having less pace after injury, and his bad attitude.

Jesé may have been the best prospect but Nick is not wrong, Mariano is probably the best finisher/scorer to come out of Castilla.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:45 pm

In awhile.

Plus I think he was referring to after Castilla, like in total.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:25 pm

CB, CM, LB, CF and so on. But we still haven't got a left winger Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:11 pm

Asensio, Isco and Vinicius will occupy that space

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:33 pm

And none of them are left wingers except for the odd 17 years old. One is a failed midfielder who is slow as a turtle can't play the final pass to save his life and the other is one of the most one footed players I've ever seen in my life that's overhyped because of the club he plays for
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:35 pm

Nvm

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:39 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:Jesé didn’t get ruined because he was booed, Jesé got ruined because of his serious injuries, inability to adapt to having less pace after injury, and his bad attitude.

Jesé may have been the best prospect but Nick is not wrong, Mariano is probably the best finisher/scorer to come out of Castilla.
I meant booed by rival fans not our own. While he played for Castilla and hadn't played a min for the first team. He was really seen as the next big thing. Probably the only guy in our youth team to be targeted like that by rival fans despite not being a member of the first team.

Re- his injury. We've plenty of guys who've been long term injured. He should have sought councel from Pepe who came back from a knee ligament injjury and became the best CB in Europe. Jese instead put on weight and lost all the equalities that allowed him to explode on to the scene like he did

Jese is still the best finisher to come out of Castilla. He is ruined but the Jese that came out of Castilla and ruined Pathetico and Courtois ffs. His movement reminded me alot of Ronaldo. Now that he's ruined his career it's eaay to forger how good he really was. Morata too was a monster for Castilla, then became a crybaby. Mariano is very good but when these guys came out of Castilla, the hype was something else
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:46 pm

Jese was seen as the next big thing only by Madrid fans if we're going to be completely honest.

That injury, ego, and his reggaeton were all factors imo

FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:57 pm

yeah jese hit a road block after that horrible tackle in the ucl game against schalke....he was never the same after that. and he was actually making a name for himself prior to. injuries are different across the board, sometimes its mental, also the fact he got little to no game time the following season also messed him up. you could tell his mind was all over the place that game where carlo wanted to sub him in with like some seconds left
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:38 pm

Rumour is Mariano is getting number 7, bah gawd, great move. we need to demystify the shirt lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:57 pm

Mayoral has signed for Levante on loan and Coentrao has signed for Rio Ave after mutually agreed termination of contract
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:26 am

question for the panel;
with the transfer window now closed, how do you guys rate our activities over the summer? btw ratings doesn't equate to how successful the season will be. my verdict, i'm going with a D/C-
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:38 am

2/10

We have lost many great bench players over the years without replacing them. We got beat to the best rising talents, the ones who will take over from Ronaldo and Messi in the near future. And we have changed our transfer policy, now only signing low profile and unproven players.

We may not feel those changes now, but in the near future, after the guys we have decline, we'll suffer the consequences of our cheapness and indifference.

But hey, we have zero net spend so there's that. yeepee!
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:51 am

First to put things in perspective, we have lost only one starter and he is being replaced with player(s) that were already on team. So it’s basically same team as last year with the changes being the backups. The only exception is Courtois.

All of the players were purchased at low prices in the market, mainly due to smart loan / sale deals plus the Courtois was effective timing.

And with the backups, they are almost all now promising kids with the obvious aim to have some of them develop into starters. Issue is for sure too many and likely some of them won’t get playing time they will need to develop. For years, posters like Sports have said, we can’t develop kids on first team, like Barca used to do, and yet here we are doing exactly what was said we couldn’t. These kids are Perez’s way, for the most part to deal with the aging players.

So I have to say it’s ok from a negotiating point of view and it is a new philosophy to try to avoid the escalated market place. I’m not going to say the change philosophy won’t work, as most of you have, but I will say there are a lot of risks with this approach. Only time will say, if this approach has merit.

I don’t fault Perez on not getting a replacement, nor do I fault the sale of Ronaldo. After seeing his behaviour yesterday, I say good riddance. As to the replacement, what was available was not worth the price. I believe Flo thinks we are only one player away from having that effective lineup and for that reason, he seems to be prepared to wait for that opportunity.

But that belief is based upon faith in Bale and Benzema and for that, I do believe he is at fault for not dealing with these cronic poor or under performing players. Our entire season now depends upon these two, and their history suggest that we will have problems.

You take the risk of depending upon Bale and Benzema together with the risks of too many kids, adds up to a very doubtful season.

So all in, I rate the market activity as 4 out of 10.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:38 am

Look.  If you have very talented kids like Mbappe, Varane, Xavi, Iniesta, Jese (pre-injury), etc... of course you give them a chance.  Barca was lucky enough that they had an extremely talented group come up together.  But even then, Pique was sent out to EPL to develop.

The kids we have aren't talents like that at all...  Asensio is the most talented and he's not in that category.  It's stupid imo to bet on kids who need to exceed expectations to be worthy of the shirt.  Those other guys mentioned above just needed to meet expectations, nothing more.

Finally, football has changed.  There are too many teams with massive spending power that can build great teams.  So you will get killed using the youth policy.  Barca realized this and they've gone away from their roots to stay ahead of the curve.

I'm hoping this is just a one season fad for Real Madrid and we spend big next summer.  I've mostly written this season off not because we aren't talented enough given the core regulars...  but because they're older and the backups are kids.  We also lost our biggest match winner and replaced him with Mariano.  Our most talented kid CM was Kova and we sent him out without replacement.  We were thing at CB last season and we didn't address the problem.  Etc.

Hope I'm wrong... but this looks like a throw away season to me in terms of trophies. Not that it won't be entertaining. But i'd consider it a pleasant surprise if we win anything.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next