halamadrid2
Hapless_Hans
The Demon of Carthage
Doc
Mr Nick09
34 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Ankur Upadhyay Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:03 pm

Why are we selling Bale. We don't have any replacement in the market. All available options are underwhelming.

Ankur Upadhyay
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 5 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by The Madrid One Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:18 pm

Jose Felix Diaz, which is treated like a clown by Marca readers btw, came out with headline that James could return, please no.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:22 pm

I don’t understand Bayern! They haven’t offered to buy James, as per option on loan agreement, yet it seems he performed well for them last year, and at the same time it apears as if Thiago, who probably has been their best CM over past couple of years might be available.

Or

Are they just being cagey?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:23 pm

Honestly Bale is amazing when fit, but we can move on without him. From what I've seen of Lopetegui, he doesn't seem to fit that style of play, and he is injured more often than not.

I'd rather have a player who has less ability but more reliability, especially if he fits Lopetegui's play style more so than Bale.

Don't get me wrong, if Bale stays I think he could be an enormous asset, but him leaving is far less detrimental than Ronaldo leaving, and it feels like most fans have already gotten over that transfer.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:25 pm

The Madrid One wrote:Jose Felix Diaz, which is treated like a clown by Marca readers btw, came out with headline that James could return, please no.

I am a bit nervous of saying this cuz I know I am going to be treated like shit for this comment but here it goes:

please yes, he is better than Isco
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:09 pm

The Madrid One wrote:Jose Felix Diaz, which is treated like a clown by Marca readers btw, came out with headline that James could return, please no.
he has been a reliable Madrid journalist since his EC days but he is always hedging his Marca headlines lol. I like him
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:15 pm

Bale is complete different from Isco but to me they are at the same level. It depends how you , how you attack.

BBC has already been broken, I always thought it would be Bale the first to go lol. Fast attackers are always tremendous assets, there is an argument to be made to keep him because you want the least amount of change possible.

As the newbie said, welcome by the way, there is no urgency in getting rid of him. He is a dangerous weapon to have, he can win a game with his speed or shot on a single play and that's always valuable.

The most realistic forward line he can start next season with is Hazard-CF-Bale.

A realistic CF could be Higuain as a stop gap, or Cavani, or Benzema lol although I think he will leave. I don't know if we are interested in Icardi at all
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:56 pm

As for James, he is a great player. i was very impressed with him playing deep in midfield with Bayern, he did a really good job doing that. But he would come back to play where? lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankur Upadhyay Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:23 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Bale is complete different from Isco but to me they are at the same level. It depends how you , how you attack.

BBC has already been broken, I always thought it would be Bale the first to go lol. Fast attackers are always tremendous assets, there is an argument to be made to keep him because you want the least amount of change possible.

As the newbie said, welcome by the way, there is no urgency in getting rid of him. He is a dangerous weapon to have, he can win a game with his speed or shot on a single play and that's always valuable.

The most realistic forward line he can start next season with is Hazard-CF-Bale.

A realistic CF could be Higuain as a stop gap, or Cavani, or Benzema lol although I think he will leave. I don't know if we are interested in Icardi at all

Thank you Nick. My sole reason of keeping Bale is the lack of world class attacking options available at the moment. Everything is a step down if you can't get Neymar/Mbappe. We need to replace Ronaldo first and then think about allowing Bale to leave.

Ankur Upadhyay
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:26 am

Ankur Upadhyay :bow:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:17 pm

futbol_bill wrote:I don’t understand Bayern! They haven’t offered to buy James, as per option on loan agreement, yet it seems he performed well for them last year, and at the same time it apears as if Thiago, who probably has been their best CM over past couple of years might be available.

Or

Are they just being cagey?

thats why at the time, i said that deal was a foolish deal, bayern could just use him to fill the cracks and come summer, spend money on someone they like. option to buy, means what it sounds like- you're not forced to pay that money whether or not said player performs well.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:20 pm

James did not perform well for Bayern last year... that's a myth.  He had moments but was extremely inconsistent. Hans already chipped in on James early in the WC and explained how he did at Bayern.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:11 pm

To be fair to James a bit, it does seem like he was being played out of position.

If we do end up selling Bale, James could potentially be a cheaper option, so that we could save the big big money for Mbappe, Neymar or Kane to replace Ronaldo.

James as a RAM, Isco CAM and Mbappe/Neymar/Hazard as LAM.

Could be an option.

If I'm honest, I don't think it will happen, but just spitballin'

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:15 pm

Unless we pay over the odds to get James back, Bayern have 0 incentives to send him back to us. They have that two year loan to figure out what they want to do with it and stingy as they are, they will take full advantage of it.

I don't want James back so I'm cool with that. You do you Bayern
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:23 pm

W.R.T to the Rodrigo rumour, if Valencia are actually agreeing to sell, need someone to sabotage the fax machine again. Valencia doesn't sell their premier players to us, hardly or never.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:00 pm

Rodrigo is one of the few Castilla players who always speaks fondly about our club. I don't mind him coming, I really like his style. If Valencia refuse, he should turn up to training in a RM shirt
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:58 pm

https://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2018/07/official-announcement-3?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organico

Flo playing the long game
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:24 pm

Or maybe not playing it at all. Watch our line up be this for the start of the season

Navas
Carvajal-Varane-Ramos-Marcelo
Modric-Casemiro-Kroos
Isco Disco
Bale-Benz

And then we'll moan that we need a striker who can score Rolling Eyes

The two plebs up top are destroying this golden team
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:34 pm

So alot of talk from Hazards camp that he wants to come here...

I mean it's only me, danyjr and Valk that rates him here but he would make a WC winger. Much better than Isco imo.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:29 pm

I hear that they are determined to get a top notch striker. Meaning Mbappe, Kane and recently added Sahah. Rodrigo sounds like the backup if true he is coming. I’m ok with that. Then the issue will be who is the other forward. It looks like Neymar or Hazard and if neither then Bale stays.

What a lot of folks are ignoring is Isco will be a starter under Lopetequi as the 4th midfielder. So getting 2 new forwards will complete the picture.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:39 pm

A lot of that is just wishful thinking. PSG don't sell unless they want to. Money is not a motivator... Barca found out the hard way.

Kane just signed a big extension and Liverpool just made CL Final... we may get one them to sell... for 500 mil lol.

It really comes down to Hazard and Rodrigo for me with Icardi.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:39 pm

Bill, Neymar is not coming, and it's official. [link]

I can tell you right now that Mbappé is not coming either. Madrid missed their chance last year. Now, he's PSG-bound and good luck trying to arm wrestle those people with money.

Harry Kane is not coming too. Florentino said so himself.

The only possible rumored transfer target we have a chance of getting is Hazard, and he's not even good enough to plug 1/10 of the void Ronaldo has left.

I know it's too early to say, but I already know we're fcked.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:44 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Bill, Neymar is not coming, and it's official. [link]

I can tell you right now that Mbappé is not coming either. Madrid missed their chance last year. Now, he's PSG-bound and good luck trying to arm wrestle those people with money.

Harry Kane is not coming too. Florentino said so himself.

The only possible rumored transfer target we have a chance of getting is Hazard, and he's not even good enough to plug 1/10 of the void Ronaldo has left.

I know it's too early to say, but I already know we're fcked.

lol
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:29 pm

DoC is going through a gloomy phase, take some time off buddy we are dreamers here.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:17 pm

Next year Neymar will be 27, wasn't there like an unsaid rule or something that Perez never purchases anyone big who is more than 27? (Figo was 27, Zidane 29). Hope Mbappe becomes the real target next time around. Get Hazard and a decent striker and let's rock. Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 5 BHG
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:36 pm

It's because DoC is seeing Benzema and Bale at the club and Ronaldo gone and wondering where the fk the goals would come from.

Icardi, Hazard and I guess Rodrigo and we'll be alright. We cannot replace Ronaldo's goals with a like for like. No way. Only Messi can do that and that is not happening, not even on FM. All the club can do (and should do) is find players who can make up the goal tally as best as they could.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next