titosantill
nasir6371
CBarca
Cruijf
FennecFox7
33 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

WC 2018 | Uruguay v France | Quarter Finals - Page 3 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Uruguay v France | Quarter Finals

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:44 pm

holy shit world class save from Lloris

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Uruguay v France | Quarter Finals - Page 3 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Uruguay v France | Quarter Finals

Post by Art Morte Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:49 pm

How does Bentancur play for Jjuventus? The guy looks a total scrub. Emre Can is going to blow Jjuve fans' mind away if Bentancur is the standard quality over there.

A cautious half in the game, not the sort of goal Uruguay wanted to concede. Does Uruguay have enough attacking talent without Cavani to come back? I wouldn't be optimistic if I were them...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:54 pm

I don't really watch Mbappe for PSG but he strikes me as wasted on the right. Him and Griezmann should switch
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:20 pm

Muslera :facepalm:

He could see that shot coming for a long time. No obstruction from any of the defenders. Right down the middle of the goal. Somehow palms it into his own goal.

Much worse than what Karius did in the CL final imo.

Last edited by Jay29 on Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:20 pm

And that’s that. Muslera gonna Muslera

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:22 pm

What a shame. Didn't expect them to turn it around but it could have been an exciting 2nd half and then you get shit like this.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:22 pm

Muslera anti-climaxing this game.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:47 pm

It is really silly for Uruguay to count an Olympic gold medal in football as a World Cup.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:53 pm

We're winning this............. we rock lol
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:00 pm

sportsczy wrote:We're winning this............. we rock lol

You still got 2 games to go bro hmm
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:03 pm

You shut your mouth right now Mad

So far we've only beaten teams that are essentially worse versions of us.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:08 pm

Feel sorry for Neutral Farfan tbh having to do with someone who isn't neutral at all!

Must be tough.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:09 pm

farfan wrote:

We're at our best when teams try to attack us... which Argentina did. And Uruguay tried to PTB and couldn't. I' very confident against Brazil or Belgium. They'll try to play us. Nobody on the other side of the bracket is going to be better than the teams we've played.

Again we got this.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:10 pm

Doubt Brazil will tbh, they've been playing on the counter all tournament.

Which is why I believe they'll smash Belgium.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:12 pm

sportsczy wrote:
farfan wrote:

We're at our best when teams try to attack us... which Argentina did. And Uruguay tried to PTB and couldn't. I' very confident against Brazil or Belgium. They'll try to play us. Nobody on the other side of the bracket is going to be better than the teams we've played.

Again we got this.

@Frafon : you guys are in SF , enjoy and dream a bit .
Only one big challenge to overcome ( Brazil or Belgium ) and it's the final . France has been successful against Brazil in past WC even if the Brazil team looked stronger. So imo you guys have a real shot.
winner of the WC is either France or Brazil ( if they go through )
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:14 pm

Brazil will be Brazil. That midfield cannot handle ours at all. By design, we also attack via the fullbacks... which is the defensive weakness of Brazil.

We match up really well.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:14 pm

Maybe something could be adjusted in France's attacking trio to add more threat.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:16 pm

So, according to sports, you might say that the World Cup is dangerously prepared for France?

I can't disagree. France vs. Brazil will be the real final. I don't count Belgium

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:16 pm

sportsczy wrote:Brazil will be Brazil.

Why? Because you say so? They haven't been anything like you describe all tournament so I don't see why they'd suddenly change now.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:16 pm

Felt that Uruguay were better up to the first goal. Can't help but wonder how much of a difference Cavani would have made.

In any case congrats to France. Now that they are the only thing stopping us from the Hexa they have my full and complete support.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:26 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Why? Because you say so? They haven't been anything like you describe all tournament so I don't see why they'd suddenly change now.

Because they are. The RB likes to attack. Neymar, Coutinho, Jesus, Willian and Paulinho don't press well and love to attack. Closer to Argentina in terms of their pressing effectiveness as opposed to the grinta of Uruguay.

I also know full well how well Thiago Silva handles pressure. He cracks eventually. Miranda is passed his prime as well.

I just don't feel they match up well against us and set up in a way that plays right into our hands.. I may be wrong.

It could very easily be Belgium. Belgium is actually harder for France imo due to style.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:28 pm

The Madrid One wrote:Maybe something could be adjusted in France's attacking trio to add more threat.

Starting 11 is not changing at this stage lol :

Matuidi/Tolisso - Griez - Mbappe , upfront Giroud .
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:29 pm

This is obviously shaping up for Sports to experience another heartache in a final. Instead of Portugal, it's gonna be Hala's cousins or Prince Harry.

That being said, don't blame him or any Frenchman for feeling confident. That was a good win, controlled stuff. Well done on the win really.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:33 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Because they are. The RB likes to attack. Neymar, Coutinho, Jesus, Willian and Paulinho don't press well and love to attack. Closer to Argentina in terms of their pressing effectiveness as opposed to the grinta of Uruguay.

I also know full well how well Thiago Silva handles pressure. He cracks eventually. Miranda is passed his prime as well.

I just don't feel they match up well against us and set up in a way that plays right into our hands.. I may be wrong.

It could very easily be Belgium. Belgium is actually harder for France imo due to style.

Agree to disagree tbh, I've seen a team which mainly plays on the counter attack and nothing like a usual Brazil team.

Also disagree on Belgium, you would smash them imo.

They are far too open and soft defensively, but it's the same reason why I believe Brazil are beating them very comfortably today anyway.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:38 pm

I think Brazil v France will be a great game. Brazil will actually play France and that when you get to see the talent of Pogba, Griezmann and Mbappe.

Kante is ridiculously good btw.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:40 pm

Kante deserves better than Chelsea ( no offense ) . Dude is Real Madrid type Quality.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next